Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve

Dorado, PR View map

Up to 220 guests

Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve is a hotel wedding venue situated in Dorado, Puerto Rico. Beautifully perched on the Island’s northern shores, this tropical paradise features an array of event spaces and amenities required for unforgettable celebrations. Constructed in the 1950s, this property pays homage to its naturalistic surroundings while incorporating its state-of-the-art facilities. For those dreaming of a tropical destination wedding, this secluded hotel makes for intimate celebrations that live long in the memory.

Facilities and Capacity

Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve boasts a range of indoor and outdoor event spaces for ceremonies, receptions, banquets, and more. Intimate ceremonies can take place on the hotel’s beach during the summer months. This quaint beach space overlooks the crystal-clear Caribbean water as picturesque palm trees provide extra privacy. This site can be elegantly decorated with white chairs, a classic arbor, and luxurious drapery to create your dream setting. As you exchange vows, the gentle whisper of the water stretching along the beach provides a fitting soundtrack to your one-of-a-kind ceremony. The site’s green lawns can be configured to host cocktail hours and receptions. Overlooking the glorious coastline, this lawn area has ample space for seated guests, tents, a dance floor, and live entertainment. Glamorous indoor gatherings can be organized in the resort’s magical ballroom. The Surf Ballroom is a large event area with floor to ceiling windows that provide panoramic views of the beach. Further facilities include a spa, a fitness center, and a swimming pool. Spa Botánico is set amongst the site’s 100-year-old tree and offers various relaxing treatments and calming massages.

This hotel provides a range of packages to best suit the type of wedding you envision. Their helpful staff will help coordinate your entire celebration and ensure that every fine detail is carefully addressed. They will also offer a helping hand in the setup and breakdown of your event. The resort’s on-site restaurant and dedicated catering staff can serve fresh and delicious cuisine for receptions and banquets. The chefs offer an extensive range of dishes that explore the flavors and elements of Puerto Rico.

Accommodations

The resort is home to a selection of stunning rooms, suites, and villas for large parties. All rooms and suites feature floor-to-ceiling sliding doors that lead to a private terrace. Some of the amenities found within the rooms and suites include a soaking tub, an outdoor shower, a rainforest-style shower, king-sized beds, and WiFi. The site’s 1920s-style villas are set over two-story and can sleep up to 12 guests. With views of the ocean and a private pool, this is a truly awe-inspiring area for any wedding party as they celebrate the occasion in style.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$5000

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$5000

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$2000

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$1500

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Chairs
China
Clean Up
Flatware
Glassware
Linens
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Dessert
Server(s)
Wedding Cake

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$80

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
Champagne Toast
House Liquor
House Wine
Limited Bar
Open Bar
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Beach
Hotel

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Audio Equipment
Chairs
Dance Floor
Furniture
Lighting
Tables
Tents
Tent Accessories

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Valet
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

January
February
March
April
December

What months are included in your off-peak season?

August
September
October
1.0
    Alicia N. Getting married on 07/22/2022

Beware Brides- Not a fairytale experience

The venue is beautiful and I was so so so excited to book it for our big day. It was a bit pricier than I wanted but I thought 'it's the Ritz Carlton' and the price will be worth it. It would be worth- (what one assumes) the better service and extra care for our day and leading up to it. NOT THE CASE! After a virtual tour of the venue, we picked a date and we were ready to sign the contract. The salesperson we had been speaking to (who was lovely) now said she would forward our details and agreement to the staff/event team directly at the hotel and they would send me the contract within the week. One week went by, and I figured no big deal. Two weeks goes by I reach out the the salesperson and she assured me they would send it soon. Another week goes by, I email the salesperson and the hotel team directly to find out the status. A week later they respond, again saying it will come soon/within a week... but that they need all the email and text messages on what THEIR salesperson and I agreed on. I got through the painstaking process of sending screen shots of messages and forwarding a bunch of emails. THEN, another week goes by and nothing. I am getting concerned and still confused at why it is taking so long and what venue isn't eager to lock down a contract. Finally, after a few more email follow ups and two months later I get a contract that is completely wrong. When I notify them that the contract is not what the salesperson and I agreed to, I got a rude email back explaining that if it wasn't in the email or text it didn't matter and that they have plenty of people eager to have our date, and that if the contract wasn't signed by the next day I could lose our date. I am preparing to spend $50,000 on just the venue and that was the response I got!!! In reality it shouldn't matter if I was spending $5, that shouldn't be the response. What is more, is that I have been following up with them for months for this contract and after they finally get around to getting it to me I am pressured to sign it now or else. I PROMISE our agreement with the original salesperson was reasonable-- not asking for discounts on the venue fees (there are plenty), food minimums, or anything! We were specific about how we wanted to divide up our room block. Nonetheless, since the venue is what I have envision for my wedding, I simply asked if the salesperson was still working there and could simply confirm our conversation on the room block (which was over the phone) and noted that I am sure many couples were as excited as we were when we first started this process but that excitement has dwindled to concern and doubt. I asked to have a conversation/call to hopefully clear up this confusion and clear up some of my concerns. I never got a phone call, but rather got another email back just asking for correct dates for the hotel room block. Eventually, we just got another contract back with correct room dates ( I was just happy to finally have the right hotel dates and possibly just move on to more planning, since this has held me back from other planning for over two months now) but NOW the contract had the wrong wedding date and there were fees I did not see before/no one had mentioned to me. Notably a $2000 fee if we did not go with their preferred audio provider. When I asked them to correct the wedding dates and about the fee. Yet again (this time though more timely), I got another email saying the wedding date would be corrected and not explaining the additional fees but essential repeating what the contract said about them. I have now spent 2-3 months on this venue, hoping to make it work because it is what I envisioned... but am now realizing do I want to have a day that may look lovely but the experience is awful (not just on that day but this whole process). If this is the experience just trying to get and sign a contract, what will then next few months of planning be like? I am not an emotional person but have wanted to cry at least twice over this. I may now have to start from scratch, after telling people the wedding date we may need to pick a new one -- potentially further out.

100 Dorado Beach Drive Dorado, PR, 00646
Location of (Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve)

Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve frequently asked questions

What items and services are included in the starting site fee at Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve?

Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:
  • Chairs
  • China
  • Clean Up
  • Flatware
  • Glassware
  • Linens
  • Set Up
  • Tables

At Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, what items and services related to wedding catering are included in the cost?

Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve includes the following items and services in its wedding catering costs:
  • Cake Cutting
  • Dessert
  • Server(s)
  • Wedding Cake

At Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, what does the bar service starting price include?

The bar service starting price at Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve includes:
  • Bartender(s)
  • Champagne Toast
  • House Liquor
  • House Wine
  • Limited Bar
  • Open Bar
  • Premium Liquor
  • Signature Drink

What are the most important characteristics of Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve for wedding events is known for:
  • Ballroom
  • Beach
  • Hotel

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve for wedding events?

Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor
  • Covered Outdoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor
  • Scenic Views

What kind of wedding events does Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve offer?

Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Bridal Shower
  • Engagement Party
  • Elopements
  • Rehearsal Dinner

What services does Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve offer for wedding events?

Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve offers the following services for wedding events:
  • Accommodations
  • Outside Vendors
  • Pet Friendly
  • Set Up
  • Wifi

What furniture and decorations does Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve have available for wedding events?

Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:
  • Audio Equipment
  • Chairs
  • Dance Floor
  • Furniture
  • Lighting
  • Tables
  • Tents
  • Tent Accessories

What percentage of users recommend Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve is recommended by 0% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 1.0 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 1 in quality of service, 1 in average response time, 1 in flexibility, 1 in professionalism and 1 in value.

Other vendors in Puerto Rico for your wedding