31500 Wick Road, Romulus, MI 48174 Map · Phone number
Guest capacity 50 to 350
Availability Check your date
  • Pricing

About Delta Hotel by Marriott Detroit Metro Airport

Congratulations, and thank you so much for considering us for your most special day. We stand ready to help you and those you care about most celebrate your love.

Whether you are looking for a place for the rehearsal dinner, a venue for the ceremony and reception, or sleeping rooms for your out-of-town guests, Delta by Marriott has everything you need in one convenient place.

With decades of experience behind them, our chef Pawel Ochnicki and his team are passionate about creating a culinary experience that will make your special night a memorable one. Select the hors d’oeuvres, buffet, or plated meal of your choice, and we do the rest, letting you focus on your celebration.

With a full selection of wines and spirits, your guests can toast your happiness in style. Add a personal touch by having a signature drink designed just for your event. Have a favorite craft brew? We can make sure it is available for you. Cheers!

Congratulations, and we look forward to helping you begin your new life!

Follow Delta Hotel by Marriott Detroit Metro Airport on

• Wayne Tree Manor
  • Dearborn Hills Golf Course
  • Stonebridge Golf Club
cac28cd1a390b2d3 1532728179 5dda9e3335f55a4f 1532728177 8603b10defe35ed1 153272
Our spacious ballroom can accommodate upwards of 350 guests.
Your reception, your way. Tell us what your vision is for your big day.
Your reception, your way. Tell us what your vision is for your big day.
The details matter. Let us help you host an event that memories are made of.
The details matter. Let us help you host an event that memories are made of.
Our amazing chef can prepare a fabulous menu for you and your guests.
Our amazing chef can prepare a fabulous menu for you and your guests.
Delta by Marriott features spacious rooms in which to relax, refresh, and recharge.
Delta by Marriott boasts a wonderful indoor/outdoor pool.
Delta by Marriott boasts a wonderful indoor/outdoor pool.
Let your happy ending start here, at Delta by Marriott.
Let your happy ending start here, at Delta by Marriott.
After a long journey, weary travelers can rest up in our relaxing lobby before checking in.
cac28cd1a390b2d3 1532728179 5dda9e3335f55a4f 1532728177 8603b10defe35ed1 153272

1.0
      3.0
      2.0

My Wedding From Hell

My wedding day was horrific. My dad has stage 4 cancer so we had to have our wedding at a hotel. I looked at several hotels and my dad encouraged me to select Marriott for their reputation!!! I am hurt and extremely embarrassed by the way things happened on our wedding day. We spent $17k on our wedding and this is what he received:
    Linens: Out of the all the things that happened. The linen situation upset me THE most. Why does a MARRIOTT hotel have standard linens to fit round tables. Most of the tables at the hotel are round. Why doesn’t the hotel have round table linen. The linen on the table was rectangular and you could see under the table. I was horrified. This was not discovered until the night before. It was too late to order additional linen.
    My planner and decorator did the best to make it work for the head tables. I could see under the table for the cake table. See photos. It looked extremely tacky!!!
    Cake// Vendors –
    The overall experience that my cake vendor had was unacceptable. He said that when he brought the cake to the front desk they told them that they didn’t know where he was suppose to take it. Then, they attempted to call me to ask me where to take it too. Someone directly him to banquet hall. The hotel staff had him set up the cake inside of an office. UNACCEPTABLE
    To make matters worst, the hotel took the cake in the kitchen after we cut it at the reception and did not cut or serve it at the reception. When my guest were asking for slices of cake, the staff told them that we that was my wedding cake. My cake was $400 dollars. I was very disappointed when the hotel called me to come get my entire wedding cake.
    Theft-
    What is worst than being robbed on your wedding day?!?!? During our ceremony, someone stole my husbands wallet and cell phone. The rooms were suppose to be monitored by staff and they were not allowed in the room but they kept walking through there. Ironically, the door to the room is in a blind spot that the cameras do not show!!! The hotel manager, Fadi, accused our wedding party of taking the wallet and said that we can go to the police if we want and that they would say the same thing. No guests or the wedding party was present in that room during the ceremony.
    The hotel did not take responsibly for any of this. My husband is in the Navy and he did not have his phone during any of wedding to capture memories for a day that we will NEVER get back.
    Wait staff:
    My wedding was plated and I gave them a seating chart before the wedding that showed how many of each dish was at each table. The staff had no idea what was going on and after everyone was seated delayed the start of the reception. I had to pay extra for the photographer to stay over to take photos garter toss. The videographer couldn’t stay and I lost out on those memories. My dad is so sick and these were special moments that I will never get back.

Problems at the hotel:
    Staff lacked knowledge
    A large amount of the staff didn’t know what was going on. Many of the guests of the wedding asked the front desk about where things were located. Many people complained that they staff told them that they didn’t know. They didn’t even point them to the banquet hall. Many people were wondering around aimlessly until they found the banquet hall. Many people even had to wait outside because by the time they found the banquet hall the ceremony had started.
    Keys not working
    There was also something wrong with the keys at the hotel. On our wedding night, my husband had to go to the front desk five times because the key didn’t work or it stop working shortly after we used it to get in.
    Also, our sisters had the same problems with their rooms. The key would work then stop working and they had to go get new keys.
    Issuing wrong keys
    When I walked into our suite, my mother in law was there because the hotel gave her the wrong room number and the wrong keys to the room. This could have went worse if it was a stranger in my room.
    Rehearsal:
    I really appreciate that the hotel accommodated me in having my rehearsal outside. However, I didn’t like the fact that my pizza was set out uncovered for flies to land on. The pizza was also burnt. And when we pointed this out they told us that they had more. The next two pizzas that came out were burnt also. All of the food was set out uncovered for hours. They also didn’t put me in the patio area. They put me outside by the pool.
    Points
    I really wanted to put this behind me but I can’t! The last straw was when I called the hotel for the points that I was promised that I never received and no one has contacted me back. Also, the email address to Enrique isn’t working. We spent around $17,140. Let me know if you need to see our receipts. For each dollar we spent, we get two points. This puts us at 34,278 points. We were promised double points if we spent over $10k. The total number of points that we should have received is 68,556 points.
    Other things that we were promised that we never received was the Champagne Toasts for me and my husband and our bridal party.
    The entire experience was embarrassing!!! As a business owner, my image is everything. I feel embarrassed that my vendors and my guests had this experience. I’ve had to relive this over and over again during each follow up session with the vendor. This was the first impression that my husband’s family had of me and I am embarrassed. He’s in the Navy and stationed in Florida. He was extremely disappointed. By the time, we got the cake back from the hotel he was gone. It didn’t even get a slice of our wedding cake. The next day after the wedding I cried. I never in my life want to go back to that hotel EVER AGAIN in life. I do not recommend this hotel for anything.

Enrique was the only person that was amazing and tried to make things go smooth. After my wedding, he doesn't even work there anymore.

Delta Hotel by Marriott Detroit Metro Airport 2
    Sent on 11/11/2019

Delta Hotel by Marriott Detroit Metro Airport's reply:

Thank you for submitting your review, I was very disappointed to read this review and reached out to the Catering Manager that contracted your wedding, he was equally disappointed and confused on the context, as his conversation with you after the event was expressed on how happy you were.

The linen used was round linen, no concerns were expressed when we did the walk thru the night prior. The linens used were the hotels standard linens, as previously discussed we do offer upgraded linen and work with brides/planners on renting this in advance, and in this case no additional linen was requested by the bride/planner.
    The cake was stored in an unused office for “safekeeping” this is not unconventional as it is in our best interest to keep the cake safe and out of the traffic of a busy kitchen. When we called you about the cake it was to see if you wanted to pick up the “topper” of the cake as it is traditionally saved by the bride and groom for their one year anniversary.

The situation of your husbands wallet becoming missing is still very confusing on our part as one of the representatives from your planning team reported to our management team that the wallet had been located under the groom’s chair.

We appreciated that you took the extra time to present a seating chart for the 3 entrée dinner. It makes the delivery seamless. When guests decide to switch seats it slows down the service and causes confusion.

The staff is very well versed and the team has been with us for years, the front desk manager works weekly with team members to ensure that we are employing knowledgeable, friendly staff members.
    Keys sometimes will become demagnetized for many reasons, we apologize for this inconvenience and have since then upgraded the system to elevate these issues.

Ruth Butler
    Director of Sales
    734-351-5203

Delta Hotel by Marriott Detroit Metro Airport Pricing

Delta Hotel by Marriott Detroit Metro Airport Price Rates

Delta Hotel by Marriott Detroit Metro Airport FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 500.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Chairs
    Linens
    Parking
    Set Up
    Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Cake Cutting
    Dessert
    Server(s)
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service?
    $ 15.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    House Beer
    House Liquor
    House Wine
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Ballroom
    Hotel
    Restaurant
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Accommodations
    Bar Services
    Catering Services
    Clean Up
    Get Ready Rooms
    Set Up
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
    Dessert
    Hors d'oeuvres
    Plated
    Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Specialty Beer
    Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available?
    Altar/Arch
    Audio Equipment
    Centerpieces
    Chairs
    Chair Covers
    Dance Floor
    Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Shuttle
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    February
    May
    June
    July
    August
    December
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January