Dawn 'til Dusk

Des Moines, IA View map Visit website
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Dawn ‘Til Dusk is a wedding planning company in Des Moines, Iowa, owned and operated by experienced event manager Samantha Hocker. Boasting over five years of wedding coordination, Samantha specializes in tying details together and putting the finishing touches to events. Couples are sure to appreciate Samantha’s dedication to helping them make their wedding day a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Dawn ‘Til Dusk offers hourly and weekend-of coordination planning packages for wedding events, fully customized to suit the couple’s timeline and preferences. Couples can look forward to their big day knowing that Samantha is on-hand to liaise with vendors, manage gifts, and oversee setup and teardown. Additional services include assistance with floor plans, timelines, and coordinating the rehearsal.

• Woman-owned

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$75

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Day-of Coordination
Timelines

How many planners are on your team?

Katie H. Getting married on 12/04/2022

Exceptional customer service and value!

My overall experience with Samantha has been wonderful. She has gone above and beyond throughout the entire planning process and I couldn’t be more thankful for her insight and support. She has extensive knowledge in event planning and the wedding industry overall, which has proved essential especially during a pandemic. She has the organizational tools/resources to make sure nothing gets missed and overall has a passion for customer service. Above all, Sam is flexible and so easy to work with – she will cater to your needs and ensure your day runs smoothly. 10/10 recommend Dawn ‘til Dusk!

Dawn 'til Dusk's reply:

It makes my heart overjoyed to hear “above and beyond”! That is something I strive to do at every wedding. I’m glad to hear I exceeded your expectations 😊
  • Shannon
    Shannon M. Married on 06/11/2022

Dawn to Dusk - June 2022 Wedding

We hired Dawn to Dusk for our wedding earlier this June. When we first started wedding planning I did not think that we had enough money in the budget to accommodate a wedding coordinator. As I got into planning I quickly realized how many pieces have to come together the day of the wedding to make the day happen....and it was stressing me out! Not only was Dawn to Dusk very affordable but signing their contract was one of the most stress reducing things I did in the planning process. We hired them for the rehearsal dinner and for about 6 hours of wedding day coverage.

The Dawn to Dusk team helped us with the timeline and brought up good things to consider (like views from assigned seats). Their communication amongst staff was also great as our initial Dawn to Dusk team member that was going to help us with rehearsal and the wedding fell sick a day before. They quickly shifted and adjusted with few questions to us and I never once felt like it wasn't going to run smoothly with the switch.

The day before the wedding we hired them for the rehearsal dinner which was SUPER helpful as they helped keep everyone in check so we could get the "not fun" part of the rehearsal out of the way. The day of the wedding I don't know everything they did for us because everything ran so smoothly, but know they helped set up centerpieces, light candles, direct vendors, refreshed the cake table, helped move guests through the guestbook/polaroid line, and helped keep the timeline in check. The only thing we wish we would have done differently was listen to their recommendation to keep them through all of the activities (speeches, first dances, etc.) because after they left there wasn't as much of a true leader of the timeline. Even my now-husband said hiring the Dawn to Dusk teams was one of the best decisions of the wedding planning process because he saw the value in having a true leader throughout the day witnessing their skills!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Pricing

Team

Samantha Hocker
Samantha Hocker
Owner

Hi there! My name is Sam and I graduated with my Event Management degree from Iowa State University in 2015 and have a passion for all things events and weddings! I have over 5 years of experience planning events including 3 years of venue management. My strengths are organization, detail, and the ability to think on my feet. Once I started planning events, I knew this was my dream.

Central Iowa Des Moines, IA, 50313
Location of (Dawn 'til Dusk)

Other vendors in Des Moines for your wedding