7413 W. Colter Street, Glendale, AZ 85303 Map · Phone number

About David Ice Elegant Harp Music

I have been playing harp since 1978, when I decided I needed some form of relaxation therapy for job stress! One thing lead to another, and in 1990 I decided to quit my stressful job as a Hollywood film editor and play harp.

I have been playing weddings in the Phoenix area since 1993.

I have been president of the Phoenix Chapter of the American Harp Society for over 10 years, and am also active with the American Harp Society (Board of Directors and also 2nd Vice President) as well as the World Harp Congress. I have lectured all over the United States as well as Ireland, Australia, Denmark, and at the Royal College of Music in London, England.

In addition to my wedding work, I also play memorial services, corporate events, anniversaries/birthday parties, and am also very active as an orchestral/ensemble player. I also play shows and opera, and am one of the few US harpists to play harp for "The Light In The Piazza" which has a very difficult harp part--and it's 128 pages long! You can do the math--for a 2 hour show, I never stop playing!

Typically my wedding services last an hour for the ceremony, and additional time is available for cocktail hours and receptions, if needed. I can of course also play for just a cocktail hour and/or a reception.
I am a very strong player (i.e. loud) so people never have a problem hearing me. In fact several venues refer me often as their community rules state that there can be no amplified live music. I play loud enough so that amplification is not needed, yet everybody can hear the music!

I love playing weddings! Each one has its own challenges, delights, and unique qualities. I consider it the highest honor to be present at the bride and groom's most important day!

IMG0004
WebsitePortrait

16 Reviews for David Ice Elegant Harp Music

Catherine · Married on 12/29/2018

Magical and Romantic Ambiance

Mr. David Ice did an outstanding job playing the harp at our wedding. We had originally booked another harpist, but she broke her hand two weeks before our wedding. Thankfully she contacted David, and he stepped up to the plate! This was quite a challenge because we had specifically requested several atypical songs like the Navy's "Anchors Aweigh" (ours was a military wedding) and Toto's "Africa." Further, David's repertoire contains contemporary music arranged for the harp in addition to more traditional pieces.

Fast forward to our big day. David... played... marvelously. Despite the near freezing temperatures, his performance was perfect. So many guests mentioned to us later how much they enjoyed his music. David is the consummate professional, and it was a real blessing to have his music part of our special day. We enthusiastically recommend David to anyone who is considering hiring a harpist, wedding or otherwise. You won't regret it!

Sent on 01/21/2019

Merlene · Married on 06/24/2017

I recently had my wedding at Villa Siena Gilbert Arizona 6/30/17 David ice was my harpist. His music was exceptional. The harp music being played as the guests arrived as well as during the ceremony provided an exceptional elegant touch to my wedding. David plays his music with his heart and feelings. He is very professional and his music was enjoyed by my friends and family during my special day.
    Thank you David Ice for adding that special touch to my wedding day.
    J Barton Peoria AZ

Sent on 07/05/2017

Anthony · Married on 09/03/2016

If you want a beautiful and unique way to walk down the aisle you can't go wrong with a harpist. We chose a harp just because while picking out the details of our wedding. Couldn't have been a more pleasant surprise. What begun as tongue in cheek wound up being fantastic! David was extremely accommodating and was the penultimate professional. I told him all I wanted was to hear Canon in D as she walked down the aisle, he had free reign over everything else. Boy did he nail it! He deserves more than 5 stars, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 09/23/2016

David Ice Elegant Harp Music FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music? $ 350.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 350.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Ceremony Music
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide? Instrumental - Solo, Instrumental - Duo
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3
  • What instruments does your group play? Harp
  • What services do you provide? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Reception Music

• The Hamptons
    The Hamptons Wedding Bands

Top notch musician. I would recommend him for any occasion. There are only a few people I would trust to play at a wedding, and David is one of them.

• Mr. Formal
    Mr. Formal Wedding Dresses

If your looking for an elegant touch for you Wedding, David Ice fits the bill.David has quite an extensive knowledge in music and can play a large variety to fit you needs.

• My Wedding Masterpiece
    My Wedding Masterpiece Wedding Favors

Nationally acclaimed harpist David Price provides elegance to any event or wedding. If you're desire is to have beautiful music on your special day, be sure to contact him.

• 7413 W. Colter Street Glendale, 85303 See on map
    6024991883 (Other Phone Number)