D.B.A. Barbecue

1190 N Highland Ave Suite B, Atlanta, GA 30306 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About D.B.A. Barbecue

D.B.A Barbecue is an on-site wedding catering company and restaurant located in Atlanta, Georgia. They specialize in barbecue, but their talented chefs are happy to work with couples to create their dream menu, no matter what style.

Cuisine

D.B.A Barbecue focuses on creating hearty meals that will satisfy even the pickiest guests. Along with a customizable menu, the company offers tastings so that couples are able to taste the meals they’ll be serving their loved ones. D.B.A Barbecue can provide plated, stations, family-style, or buffet meals, and also offer hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour. Dessert can be included or D.B.A Barbecue’s professional servers are happy to cut your wedding cake. Options for a farewell brunch is also available.

Follow D.B.A. Barbecue on
Mason jars
Mason jars

9 Reviews for D.B.A. Barbecue

Amanda · Married on 06/06/2015

We knew right away we wanted DBA to cater our wedding since we love all of their food, the overall style, and attention to quality ingredients. I had very specific ideas of how I wanted the buffet presentation to look, I wanted something more rustic and unique. We also had a few special requests for the food. After my initial contact with Brittany Aiken I knew we were in great hands. Brittany was so easy to work with, helping create a menu of our favorite dishes from the restaurant. She made excellent suggestions for our special requests. She was patient as we worked through several iterations of the menu. Brittany coordinated with the rental company to secure all our linens and service ware, and also made recommendations of items we could use from DBA’s stock. She was always so accommodating, even as I changed linen colors several times. I knew the buffet presentation would be the biggest concern, but Brittany was up for the challenge! She assured me that she would find something that would not diminish the food quality, but would also appeal to my vision. Brittany and her team did not disappoint! Along with a couple cast iron vessels that I was able to borrow, they made both the biscuit bar and the dinner buffet perfect. It turned out exactly as I had envisioned. At the last minute, I realized I didn’t have time to purchase all the bar set-ups. I sent a (very detailed!) list over to Brittany and she took care of each item. On the evening of our wedding, the food was so delicious. They really were able to sustain the food quality as if we were in the restaurant, even though were 90 miles away with no real catering kitchen on site. Each staff member was attentive and flexible as changes came about; we especially loved the bartender. She was so friendly with all our guests and made sure me and my groom were served quickly throughout the evening. Overall Brittany and her team went above and beyond for us. I would highly recommend DBA for any event catering!

Mike · Married on 07/03/2014

Obviously a 5.0 rating may look suspicious, but I don't have another way to say that D.B.A. really did an impressive job at my wedding. My wife and I've been to the restaurant several times--she loves the food even more than I do--which made the decision to use them easy. Once we decided what to have, their catering team handled everything seamlessly. When you're dealing with a lot of random fall-through and last-minute emergencies (which seem to be par for course for weddings), it means a lot to have a caterer that makes it all happen without a hiccup, other than the ones family and friends may have had after having too much barbecue and beer.

On to the food: we chose barbecue because it's simple, it made sense for the timing (July 3=holiday/BBQ season), and it kept things nice and simple. We chose D.B.A. because they have some of the best in the city. But even we were a little surprised from the response we received from guests -- everyone raved about how good the food was. We had chicken sandwiches, collard greens, baked beans and mac/cheese, and everyone spoke highly of everything, from the sauce to the flavor. If we had a bigger budget I'd probably have added smoked wings and brisked, but really I've never had anything at D.B.A. I didn't love.

Lastly, you just can't beat the quality of service, punctuality, and deliciousness at the price. They worked with us and delivered everything at a very reasonable price. So reasonable that I still expect to get a bill even though they're paid off.

So again, 5 out of 5 is always fishy, except with it's honest. I'm a firm believer in giving someone due praise when they exceed expectations with professionalism and a great product. I highly recommend them for your wedding or any event where BBQ is possible, which should be everything.

D.B.A. Barbecue FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service? $ 49.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service? $ 37.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations? $ 14.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres? $ 30.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your full service wedding catering? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up, Cake Cutting, Dessert, Cocktail Reception, Server(s), Tastings, Chairs, Tables, China, Linens, Flatware, Glassware
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 25.00
  • What event services do you provide? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide? Breakfast / Brunch, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Lunch, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tapas, Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? American, BBQ, Cajun, Sandwiches, Southern, Southwestern
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s)
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Chairs, Tables
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

• 1190 N Highland Ave Suite B, Suite B Atlanta, Georgia, GA 30306 See on map
    404-609-0120 (Phone number)
    4042495000 (Other Phone Number)
    Sunday-Thursday 11:30 am - 10 pm Friday-Saturday 11:30 am - 11 pm