About Chamber Light Players

Solos to Quartets. Classical to Classic Rock.

Define the soundscape for your next event—whether it’s elegant and refined to laid-back and casual, the Chamber Light Players can make any event extraordinary. From classical favorites to classic rock, we’re at home playing all of your favorite music. We offer string ensembles from 1-4 players and a full chamber orchestra. Our musicians are conservatory-trained, at home in a variety of styles, and have a combined 100 years of experience performing for events, weddings, and fundraisers. Our huge library of over 500 selections is growing all the time, and we have an exclusive in-house composers and arrangers to make any song request a reality!

• String ensembles from 1-4 players and a full string orchestra available

• Chamber music specialists trained at the world’s top conservatories, including the Eastman School of Music, Carnegie Mellon University, Cleveland Institute of Music, Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music, and more

• Performing experience around the globe and across every genre

• 100 combined years of performing experience for weddings, fundraisers, and events

• A growing library of 500 selections across all genres

• Exclusive arrangements of your favorite tunes you won’t find anywhere else

• In-house composer and arranger Sean Neukom can arrange any piece of music for your event

WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING

“They performed for my wedding in July and it was truly amazing. They were a pleasure to listen to and so easy to work with on a very busy day. They accommodated our every request in music selection and were very professional in all of our interactions.”

-Wendy Y., bride

“They were amazing - every single aspect of them. When I met with them to discuss the music for the ceremony, they were so patient, and willing to offer suggestions to help make the day extra special. I really appreciate also the fact that they helped me find music that I was looking for, and worked hard to make it perfect. I absolutely loved the custom arrangement of Simple Gifts that I walked in to--everyone said that they loved the music so much, so thank you!”

-Amber P., bride

“I just want to say THANK YOU for making my sister's wedding so special. I know she was very surprised to have you there and the look on her face was priceless. You guys were AMAZING and we thank you again for being so wonderful.

When you guys played the Coldplay song, it was perfect. I think my sister liked it so much, she asked you to play it a second time!”

-LeeAnn T., bridesmaid

“I wish I could have been a guest at the wedding to hear everything. I was the bride, and was stuck outside until I entered. It sounded so beautiful. I was very excited to be able to walk down the aisle to Etta James’ ‘At Last’-- something unconventional and elegant.”

-Amanda I., bride

String-Quartet (2)
Viola (2)
String-Trio (1)
Cocktail Hour (1)

My son and new daughter-in-law were recently married in Cranberry, PA. Ashley was so incredibly wonderful to work with and always responded very promptly to any questions I had throughout the planning process. We decided on a string trio and Ashley then worked with the bride and groom to customize the music even more. It was lovelier than I could have imagined! The trio played beautifully with wonderful tone and expression and were professional but also very warm and accommodating. I cannot thank them enough! We are so glad we were able to work with the Chamber Light Players!

Profile Picture Marianne, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I reached out to Ashley Freeburn, Manager of the Chamber Light Players (CLPs) and Lead Violinist, to solidify our wedding day with the group. Ashley had a fast turnaround time (~5hrs), even though she claimed she was "slower" than her normal response due to having a newborn. Ashley was kind, courteous and her group was the first to take on a challenge of performing an atypical (or as Ashley describes it, "unique" and "original") ceremony requests and classical songs at our wedding (she reached out to get custom arrangements and charged 1/3 of what other groups were looking to charge). I felt the need to give CLPs an honest and forthcoming review based upon the incredible service I'd had, especially after having some pretty nasty encounters thus far. Ashley is not your typical musician! When my [now] wife decided she wanted to have a quartet rather playing strings over a system; I grew ecstatic! My wife and I loved the idea so much we had so much fun planned. When I tell you Ashley is utterly kind, patient and has this deeply rooted sense of respect for all ideas; you'll understand why in a moment! I asked Ashley et el to play "Again" by Fetty Wap, and she did not skip a beat! She researched availability, and to our surprise [sarcasm] no music was made, so we had to get a custom order conducted. Lets rewind for a moment, CLPs were about the 8th quartet we spoke with. Most string musicians would NOT play modern songs, let alone Fetty Wap haha. Ashley then went on to take a list of about 30 songs from my wife and I, listen to what would sound good with strings and developed a means to: price us a low as possible, create a time line where we could listen to her quartet play the renditions live, and even upgraded my idea with adding percussionist. I fully recommend CLPs and hope we do business again in the future. FYI CLPs did play Again - and.it.was.... INSANE!!!

Profile Picture Kurtis, 9/30/17, 1 Review