6600 Hamilton East, Pocono Lake, PA 18360 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Ceremonies from the Heart

Ceremonies from the Heart offers professional wedding officiants based out of Stroudsburg Pennsylvania. Dr. Catherine Thayer , Director, also performs services across the state of Pennsylvania, as well as in the New York and New Jersey regions. Dr. Thayer has been uniting couples from a range of both religious and secular backgrounds since 1985. It is her intention to instill personalized elements in each ceremony, providing couples with deeply meaningful experiences that they will always treasure.

Prior to the ceremony, Dr. Thayer makes sure to gain an in-depth understanding of what each couple aspires to within their marriage. In order to curate heartfelt services that resonate with all in attendance, she facilitates wedding plans that mirror each couple’s own beliefs and values. Catherine invites her clients to take an involved role in their ceremony, though also offers to guide them through their vows, depending on individual preferences. For all special wedding occasions, Dr. Thayer aims to celebrate the beauty and joy of love.

Other Services

Beyond weddings, Ceremonies from the Heart also offers premarital counseling and support, as well as services for:

• Vow renewals
1890127485341794304 n 51 23117 1564077243

4 Reviews for Ceremonies from the Heart

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/02/2012

My husband and I come from pretty religious families even have a few pastors and nuns in our families. So when we planned our outdoor wedding everyone was a bit shocked that there wasn't going to be a church wedding. I searched for a while for an officiant and no one was really suiting our needs. I was talking to a coworker about my struggle and she mentioned that a mutual coworker had been her officiant. I have always really respected Catherine just had never known she was an officiant. I approached her about possibly doing our wedding and she was delighted. She gave us so many options to chose from for our service that we were really able to make it our own. We were able to honor our religious upbringings without the four walls of a church. Catherine had quite a few personal items going on the day of our wedding (things that I would have stopped me from preforming my job for sure) but she still drove over 2.5 hours to be there for our service. The ceremony was absolutely perfect, everyone commented on how lovely and meaningful it was, including everyone of the pastors in attendance. Thank you Catherine for making our day so special!

Sent on 06/22/2012

Tina · Married on 11/26/2011

Rev. Dr. Thayer was great - she provided us with a great outline for our ceremony. We were able to add exactly what we wanted and it turned out beautiful. We received so many compliments on the ceremony!

Sent on 12/07/2011

Ceremonies from the Heart FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 300.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 300.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 100.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)? $ 75.00
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? CA, CT, FL, MD, NJ, NY, PA
  • What languages do you speak? English

• 6600 Hamilton East Pocono Lake, PA, 18360 See on map
    570-559-3350 (Phone number)
    Dr. Thayer will return calls and emails daily including weekends.Please feel free to call with any questions you might have.