2738 Western Avenue, Bedford, IN 47421 Map · Phone number

61910SherriBday003
EasterBasket4

3 Reviews for Cake Designs by Janie

Lindsay · Married on 09/17/2016

Janie and I communicated via e-mail a few times before my wedding about fall-themed cupcakes for guests and a small 2-tier wedding cake for my husband and I. Although we didn't communicate very often, I was thrilled with the quality of her work. The cake looked and tasted amazing. My guests loved her cupcakes! Everything came together perfectly and I could not have been more happy with the way everything turned out!

Sent on 09/24/2016

1.0

Around January of this year we met with Janie. In April I emailed her to see when I could come by to give her decorations and her money for the cake; she never responded. So them about 3 weeks later I called her and left a voicemail, still no answer. A week or so later I decided to look up some reviews on her (I should of done this from the beginning I know), and most were negative. They said they had the same problems with her not returning their calls, and a couple people also said she messed up their cakes, and did not do at all the design they had discussed. Obviously, at this point we were very concerned. I gave her another week to return my phone call and email. She did not, so I left another message stating that we wanted our deposit back. Two weeks later when we were in her area (we live about an hour and a half away) I called her and she actually answered! When I explained that we wanted to go another route due to dependability, and I explained-very calmly and politely- all the times we tried to reach. She then got rude and snippy with me. She made bogus excuses, that anyone with a basic understanding of how voicemails work would of known were not true. She never once apologized, and just said the deposit was nonrefundable. I then explained why we felt it should be in this instance considering it was her fault why we were cancelling our order. She did agree to refund (very rudely) and said she would send it out on Monday, which would mean that we should receive it no later than Wednesday. It is now a week past when we should of received it, and no surprise, I've called twice and left a voicemail with no return. The reason we went to her in the first place was because she was on Spring Mill Inn's vender list, which we will be informing them of our problems as well. I have never seen a business owner act so unprofessionally. I would strongly advised to everyone that they save theirselves the headache and find someone else!

Sent on 06/21/2016

Nathaniel · Married on 04/16/2011

0.0

We ordered a 3 tier wedding cake with the bottom tier being square then the other two being round. with cali lillies and greenery around the cake with ribbon along the bottom. it was suppose to be red velvet with buttercream icing. When she brought it all 3 tiers were round there was NO greenery the ribbon looked like she was drunk when she did it or her 2 year old grand son did it. THE RED VELVET WAS CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH RED FOOD COLORING SHE RIPPED US OFF AND I HOPE SHE NEVER GETS TO RUIN ANOTHER CAKE AGAIN SHES A JOKE!!!!!! I COULD HAVE MADE A CAKE 10 TIMES BETTER THAN THAT COW!!!!

Sent on 05/11/2011

Cake Designs by Janie FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding cakes with buttercream frosting (per slice, without tax)? $ 2.00
  • What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)? $ 2.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake? Cake Stands, Top Tier of the Cake
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cakes, Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake
  • What cake items do you provide? Cake Stands
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Diabetic, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Nut Free, Vegan
  • What special ingredients do you use? Fresh Fruit
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? No

• Indy Bridal Boot Camps
    Indy Bridal Boot Camps Wedding Hair & Makeup

Cake Designs by Janie is a great local place in the heart of Beford, Indiana! They know how to please not only the bride/groom but the whole reception of famiily & friends! They can step out of the box and create something different for your wedding or keep it traditional! So what are you waiting for?

• 2738 Western Avenue Bedford, 47421 See on map