Bright Room Studio

Oakland, CA View map

Bright Room Studio is a boutique stationery studio specializing in custom paper goods for life’s biggest and best moments. It began in my second floor home office with a wall of windows overlooking the yard. The sunny room not only gave the company its name, but also became a metaphor for how we like to work with our clients. We believe the design process should be open and collaborative and end with designs and products that you can’t stop staring at because you love them so much!

I’ve been doodling lettering since I was a kid and always designed casually, but it wasn’t until my own wedding, where I obsessed over every little paper good, that I decided to make my passion my profession. I love working with people who are going through amazing and joyful times in their lives and nothing makes me happier than happy clients.

I married my junior prom date in September of 2012 (nearly 10 years after that prom) in Sebastopol, California and have a soft spot for wine country weddings and high school sweethearts.

I love working alongside my pup Nilla, iced chai tea lattes and finding the perfect font. When I’m not sketching, lettering and perusing Pinterest, you can usually find me with Nilla at the dog park or catching up on a TV series with my husband.

What invitation and card products do you offer?

Custom Invitations
Menus
Place Cards
Programs
RSVP Cards
Save the Dates

What services do you provide?

Addressing
Letterpress
Printing
Shipping
    Maria Married on 06/18/2016
    Kim was absolutely amazing! I found her work on Pinterest and was so excited to create a personalized version of what I wanted for our invitations. She understood to perfection what I wanted and created the most gorgeous invitation suite and menu card for us. The hand written envelopes were so worth it too, it made everything come together beautifully! Highly recommend working with her, extremely fast and responsive! Thank you Kim for working with us even when we were across the country :)
  • F
    Faryn Married on 09/06/2014
    Bright Room Studio is incredible!

Kimmie (the owner) has done my photography logo and our FULL wedding suite including save-the-dates, invitations, hand-drawn map, rsvp, invitation calligraphy, and a ton of chalkboard calligraphy to use as decorations at my wedding! Not only was she receptive to our ideas, but she went above and beyond all of our expectations.

Responsive to emails, fast turnaround, and I love the fact that she likes to work with local vendors. She even let me go to her home studio to discuss designs over coffee while I got to play her adorable dog!

My husband and I are both artists and can definitely be a little much to handle when it comes to art direction, but there was absolutely no need with Kimmie. We said "Trees, Wes Anderson, and elegant". What did we get in return? MAGIC. Also, she was able to come up with a masterpiece map of our venue and even created an awesome initial-logo for us! I wish we could post photos here, but please go to her website and you will be able to see her masterful work.

We will definitely be back for all of our design needs. THANK YOU Kimmie and Bright Room Studio!!

Oakland, CA, 94618
Location of (Bright Room Studio)

Other vendors in San Francisco for your wedding