32059 U Place, Waukee, IA 50263 Map · Phone number

About blackcap photography

The only way to tell the entire story...is to be there for the entire story. For all the moments. So, every couple I work with gets beginning-to-end, unlimited, all-day coverage for their wedding day. From the start at the salon that morning to the very last dance of the reception. And sometimes a little after that, even.

I'm very lucky; I get to make a living doing what I love. And I get to meet, come to know, and work with a lot of great couples. I enjoy being an engaged partner in their wedding so that when we get to the wedding day they are really comfortable with me.

My approach: my job on your wedding day is to document the emotions and moments of the day with great images, and to do whatever I can to help make it your best day ever. I have almost no rules and will do just about anything for my clients.

That includes travel. If your wedding is anywhere in the lower 48, I usually don't charge any travel charges. And if you are up for shooting an engagement session off the beaten path...I am up for that. I've shot weddings and engagement sessions in places like Yosemite National Park, the Tetons, San Francisco, Portland, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Times Square, Washington DC, Colorado, Ireland, Iceland, Florida, upstate New York, and Las Vegas.

Interested? Contact me! Questions are free! And I enjoy meeting new people, even if they don't end up being my clients.

Other couples have also viewed

• Lovely Moments by Synthia

9 Reviews for blackcap photography

• Kayla

Kayla · Married on 11/07/2020

Best photographer!

Cody was absolutely amazing from start to finish! He called every couple of months (even though we hired him over two years out) just to check in, see how we were doing, and to make sure we didn’t need anything as we continued our planning. He was always very responsive to any communication and was more than happy to meet with us anytime we felt necessary. He worked with our hectic schedule for any of needs- including shooting out engagement photos in the freezing cold with thousands of people around and you couldn’t even tell. He captured every photo he took perfectly and told our story better than I think any one else could. We still look through our photos and remember every single moment. I truly couldn’t recommend Cody enough for your big day, you won’t be in better hands.

Sent on 02/18/2021
  • Sarah

Sarah M. · Married on 08/22/2020

Best of the Best!

I cannot recommend Cody highly enough!! I first met him at a friend's wedding that he was photographing, and I could tell even from that brief interaction that his demeanor was exactly what we wanted for our day. Cody knows how to truly connect with people and he has an amazing eye for capturing the essence of each special moment. Our photos are absolutely breathtaking. Looking at them fills me with happiness and takes me right back to our beautiful, perfect day.
    We booked Cody in January 2020 and we were married in August. He was understanding as our plans for venue, guest count, etc. changed multiple times due to the pandemic. We finally chose to have a small backyard ceremony with just our immediate family and wedding party in attendance. In such an intimate setting, it was even more important to have a photographer whose personality was a good fit for us. I am so grateful that Cody was part of our day, not only because we have incredible photos, but also because our wedding would not have been the same without his calming, supportive presence. If you're looking for a photographer who goes above and beyond, Cody is your guy!

Sent on 02/19/2021
  • Annie

Annie S. · Married on 06/20/2020

Hire him now!

Getting to work with Cody twice is the only good thing to come of having two weddings due to COVID. He is so knowledgeable and having his help planning a pandemic wedding was so useful. He has been in this industry so long that there isn’t anything that he hasn’t seen or doesn’t have advice for. He made us way less stressed and always helped out when he could. The value of his package for literally all day coverage can’t be beat. He comes to your rehearsal, gets to meet your family, take pictures of you practicing. It helps your family get comfortable with him and for Cody to work even better with everyone the next day. He will be one of the first people with you the morning of your wedding and one of the last at the end of the night. Capturing all of the priceless moments in between. He has truly become a friend and I wish he photographed things besides weddings so that we can hire him again. His monthly check-ins were helpful and showed he truly cared. He’s so passionate and you get to see it when a shot turns out even better than he expected and it makes you so excited to see how they turned out. He gets you back the pictures way quicker than I would have expected and in a beautiful wood box that we have on display in our house. We have printed so many photos that he has taken, our house have turned into a shrine to Cody. Our families and whole bridal party enjoyed working with him and had so much fun taking pictures. Let me repeat, hire him now! You won’t be disappointed and you’ll have beautiful photos for a lifetime. I will refer him to anyone needing a wedding photographer.

Sent on 02/23/2021

• 32059 U Place Waukee, IA, 50263 See on map
    Location of (blackcap photography)

blackcap photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does blackcap photography include in the starting price?

blackcap photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:

• Add'l Hours
  • Save the Date

What photography services does blackcap photography include in their most popular wedding package?

blackcap photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:

• Add'l Hours
  • Save the Date

What photography styles does blackcap photography offer?

blackcap photography offers the following photography styles:

• Contemporary
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism
  • Traditional

What photography services does blackcap photography offer?

blackcap photography offers the following photography services for weddings:

• Destination / Travel
  • Liability Insurance
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does blackcap photography offer for wedding events?

blackcap photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:

• Albums
  • Canvas
  • Flush Mount
  • Matted Prints
  • Prints
  • Save the Date

What percentage of users recommend blackcap photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

blackcap photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.