Guaynabo, PR 00969 Map · Phone number

About Big J Music Services

Joel Lopez (Aka Dj Big J) Born on November 6 in San Juan P.R. and raise in Toa Baja, Levittown. At the age of 5 he started having an interest in music by learning how to play the piano only by ear. Having no music knowledge what so ever he grabs a guitar and continued his interests in music. His parents notice his skills and place him with a music instructor. He learns a lot about the essence of music and continued his journey in other aspects of it. At the age of 13 he was offered a spot in a school band playing the trumpet, trombone, tuba & drums. At age of 18 he was more interested in being a radio announcer. He worked, as a “freelance” in a few of them but music, was in his blood and he start “djing”. Making a fusion between “Mcing” & "Djing” he got a lot of respect in the Night Clubs industry playing in clubs and pub’s like: St Mick’s, Area 51, Island Jamaica, Club Babylon, Shannon’s Pub to name a few. But he wanted to expand to a different crow and that’s went he start working in an entertainment company. In 2002 he started playing at Wedding’s, quinceaneros, bar mitzvah and rocking each one of them. With his “Mcing & Djing” skills he kept the attention of Event’s/Wedding’s Coordinator’s who ask him to play in all sorts events. In 2006 he started his own company call Big J Music Services with the help of his family, friends and all the coordinators who supported him. Today he is one of the best Club/Wedding /dj/mc on the island.

Follow Big J Music Services on

124 Reviews for Big J Music Services

• Jenny

Jenny Pincus · Married on 03/12/2020

Awesome DJ

We had so much fun at our wedding thanks to our DJ!! It was a smaller wedding, but people were dancing all night. He helped us with our ceremony & reception and was flexible and worked with us when we needed extra time! We highly recommend him!

Sent on 03/14/2020
  • Sasha

Sasha Soto · Married on 03/01/2020

Ethical and kind

I booked Joel back in March almost a year ahead for my wedding in February 2020 after seeing his reviews and coming highly recommended. Just a few days ago after review all of my contracts I realized I booked him for the wrong date! Once I realized the terrible mistake I made, I quickly emailed him to check his availability for the following weekend and he was already booked! In this industry I have quickly learned there is no room for error and refunds are non existent, with that being said he was super understanding and was kind enough to refund me all of my deposit. I am so grateful for his kindness and understanding the situation. This type of character is hard to find so I would highly recommend dealing with him!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Raquel

Raquel Calzadilla · Married on 02/27/2020

Book this dj! You wont regret it!

Big J was awesome!!! We hired him for my wedding, because he was also at my sisters wedding and we got so many compliments back then, that we decided to hire him again.

Big J was so nice and communicative. He answered my e-mails and calls quickly. He helped me modify two of my songs and they ended up sounding great.

Our reception included about 40 Germans and the rest Puertorricans. Big J was able to make those Germans dance like they had never danced before. They were so thankfull to have been invited to the wedding and said they had never seen a wedding with such an amazing party like ours. The LOVED the DJ and the Puertorricans too!!

There was no need to hire a band. Big J was all we needed. I had never danced in public with my German boyfriend, until the day of our wedding. We danced until I couldn't walk anymore. It was a night to remember. Thanks Big J!!

Sent on 03/02/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Big J Music Services FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?
    $ 1000.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 1500
  • What is the starting price for uplighting?
    $ 500
  • What music genres do you specialize in?
    Electronic
    Pop
    R&B/Soul
    Rock
    Top 40
  • What services do you offer?
    Bilingual MC
    Consultation
    Do-Not-Play List
    MC
    One Event Per Day
  • What additional equipment do you offer?
    Flat Screen
    Microphones
    Projector
    Sound/PA System
    Uplighting

• Tropical Weddings Wedding Planners

If you are looking for the best DJ in Puerto Rico look know further. Joel is the best. Tropical Weddings has worked with Joel for the past 15 years and he is always our #1 Choice.

• David Medina Fine Art Photography Wedding Photographers

Not all DJ are created equal. Some just play one song after another without any thought about how music mixes and what impact will have in your party. Big J knows what he is doing. He understand music and how to use it to make your wedding the party of the year.

• Ferrer Video Productions Wedding Videographers

For a Dj, it takes an extraordinary amount of talent, meticulous preparation, experience, and an unbelievable perception to create a memorable party. Joel Lopez (Aka Dj Big J) has it all. Joel has a genuine teamwork personality to do weddings well. It's his personality, and his attitude, that will bring awesome memories originate in a seamless, smooth flowing manner.Joel definitive will keep your wedding protocol moving, and the dance floor packed.

• Guaynabo, 00969 See on map
    Location of (Big J Music Services)