Guaynabo, PR 00969 Map · Phone number

About Big J Music Services

Joel Lopez (Aka Dj Big J) Born on November 6 in San Juan P.R. and raise in Toa Baja, Levittown. At the age of 5 he started having an interest in music by learning how to play the piano only by ear. Having no music knowledge what so ever he grabs a guitar and continued his interests in music. His parents notice his skills and place him with a music instructor. He learns a lot about the essence of music and continued his journey in other aspects of it. At the age of 13 he was offered a spot in a school band playing the trumpet, trombone, tuba & drums. At age of 18 he was more interested in being a radio announcer. He worked, as a “freelance” in a few of them but music, was in his blood and he start “djing”. Making a fusion between “Mcing” & "Djing” he got a lot of respect in the Night Clubs industry playing in clubs and pub’s like: St Mick’s, Area 51, Island Jamaica, Club Babylon, Shannon’s Pub to name a few. But he wanted to expand to a different crow and that’s went he start working in an entertainment company. In 2002 he started playing at Wedding’s, quinceaneros, bar mitzvah and rocking each one of them. With his “Mcing & Djing” skills he kept the attention of Event’s/Wedding’s Coordinator’s who ask him to play in all sorts events. In 2006 he started his own company call Big J Music Services with the help of his family, friends and all the coordinators who supported him. Today he is one of the best Club/Wedding /dj/mc on the island.

Follow Big J Music Services on

Big J Music Services 7
  • Isabel

Isabel · Married on 07/05/2019

Best DJ in Puerto Rico!

Our wedding planner Rosalina Torres recommended Big J to do the music for our wedding and are we super happy she did! Joel did an amazing job! He played exactly what we wanted and even played music that he thought would get my guests dancing! The whole night my guests were on their feet dancing the night away!! We had a power outage at one point and the music was still playing! I don't know how he did that but it was super awesome! My husband and I couldn't have had anyone better, Joel is the best! I would recommend Big J music to everyone and anyone who needed music for their event, whether it be a wedding, birthday celebration, or a corporate event! He is amazing! Thank you Joel for playing awesome music at our wedding you are amazing, professional, nice, and just absolutely awesome!!

Sent on 07/11/2019

Jaime · Married on 06/14/2019

Danced Our a$$e$ off!!

Big J came highly recommend to us by several of our vendors!!! I had contacted Joel about a year prior to our wedding and I loved his personality over email!! He was professional and kind and answered all of my questions!! I knew I couldn't go wrong hiring him!! My husband and I are huge music lovers and we LOVE to dance and have a good time! Well that's exactly what we did!! Our wedding was amazing!!! Joel played all of the music that we had selected and then some!! The way he mixes one song into the next, was awesome!!! We had an amazing white dance floor that was lit and sparkling! It tied the whole night together!! When I say all 85 of us were up dancing, I'm serious!! It was non stop! Every seat was empty!! His energy and love for music is evident!! He knows how to have a good time and the way he engages with the crowd is the best!! We had the BEST TIME EVER!!! Joel, you know I love you!! You're amazing, And I couldn't have asked for a more perfect entertainer for our wedding!!! Our guests are still talking about you and how awesome you were!!! Thanks for being so awesome!!!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Brukendra · Married on 06/10/2019

June 10,2019

Dj Joel was amazing. He kept my guest on the dance floor.

Sent on 06/23/2019

Big J Music Services FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,500.00
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 500.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Electronic, Hip Hop, International, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Flat Screen, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

• Tropical Weddings
    Tropical Weddings Wedding Planners

If you are looking for the best DJ in Puerto Rico look know further. Joel is the best. Tropical Weddings has worked with Joel for the past 15 years and he is always our #1 Choice.

• David Medina Fine Art Photography
    David Medina Fine Art Photography Wedding Photographers

Not all DJ are created equal. Some just play one song after another without any thought about how music mixes and what impact will have in your party. Big J knows what he is doing. He understand music and how to use it to make your wedding the party of the year.

• Ferrer Video Productions
    Ferrer Video Productions Wedding Videographers

For a Dj, it takes an extraordinary amount of talent, meticulous preparation, experience, and an unbelievable perception to create a memorable party. Joel Lopez (Aka Dj Big J) has it all. Joel has a genuine teamwork personality to do weddings well. It's his personality, and his attitude, that will bring awesome memories originate in a seamless, smooth flowing manner.Joel definitive will keep your wedding protocol moving, and the dance floor packed.

• Guaynabo, 00969 See on map