Big J Music Services Reviews

Big J Music Services 6
Big J Music Services 7
  • Jessamine

Jessamine · Married on 12/09/2018

Can't have a party without Joel!!

Joel was hands down such a down to earth guy I'm so glad my wedding coordinator gave me his name! He is organized, his equipment is top notch and with a stylish set-up elegant for a wedding. He was taking guest requests and also bringing in his own flavor to keep the party going. Everything I asked for music-wise is exactly what he was doing. Very in-sync with what my husband and I truly wanted. Thank you so much!

Kyle Acosta · Married on 11/18/2018

Great night of dancing

Joel did a great job and had a great selection of music. We can’t recommend him enough.

• Paola

Paola · Married on 08/31/2018

Big J is outstanding! We hired his services for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception at La Concha resort. He kept our guests dancing ALL NIGHT. He previously sent us a questionnaire asking for songs we wanted to include in our special day, but also allowed room for him to read the crowd. We had family and friends come up to us at the end of the evening (and the whole weekend) complimenting our DJ selection. Strongly recommend Big J’s services!

Monica · Married on 08/04/2018

I just had a small wedding on August 4th 2018. I was the most nervous about the music because of the diverse group that was invited. Joel nailed it!!! Not only was he so reassuring about his music from beginning to end. He executed everything so smooth that I almost forgot it was my wedding. I was so entertained and so were my guest that they did not even want to end the reception. They would have kept going if they could. I was so impressed on how he was able to provide music at my ceremony on the beach!! He even made last minute change right before the reception! He had done request but also read the crowd and kept everyone happy. I could not thank him enough. He was fantastic!

Kimberly · Married on 05/17/2018

Big J was absolutely great from the beginning to the end. He made sure that our guest had a great time, also he catered to both English and Spanish sides of our family. He accommodate our beach ceremony and mc throughout the whole night. The uplighting in our venue was perfect. He did such an amazing job. Our guest didn’t stop dancing!! Will highly recommend!! Thank you so much Joel!!

Hannah · Married on 05/12/2018

I wish I could have Joel be my DJ for every wedding I do from here on out!

With almost 10 years of experience as a planner, I have seen everything! DJ's who think their promotional material is more important than the couple they were hired by and Dj's who really just do not understand their audience. Joel was AMAZING! I was amidst planning a destination wedding post Hurricane Maria and I felt like Joel was my co-planner! He was so responsive! Even post hurricane when the devastation was more than I can imagine.

Joel REALLY mixes while he works and does not just keep a computer on a playlist. He takes requests, he is amendable and understands a wedding is a living breathing thing that needs to ebb and flow. He played oldies mixed with traditional Puerto Rican tunes and today's hottest hits while seamlessly hosting them all. I cannot decide if my favorite part of DJ Big J was his professionalism, his talent, or his general likeability as a human being but I cannot recommend him enough. Not to mention his equipment is modern, reliable and very simple to work with.

Oh, and as a planner who speaks little to well... very poor Spanish... Joel was respected by ALL of his industry piers and was a main point of communication on the day of! It's a shame this man did not stay in Boston because I would be spending every working wedding weekend with him!

If you hire Joel or his team, you are guaranteed to have a wonderful wedding night!

jannette · Married on 05/11/2018

Amazing fun filled night!! Our guests danced the whole night away to a great variety of music!! Joel was super easy to work with,all I did was just give him a small list of songs and genre’s we liked and he took it from there!!!! Ceremony, Cocktail and reception music was all provided by him, he served as our MC and his timming was perfect. He knew when to get the party started and how to keep it going! We had non stop fun dancing thanks to him!! Thank you!!

Christine · Married on 04/14/2018

Joel is the best at what he does. He was quick to respond to emails, on time, quick on his toes when we had to change locations because of the rain, and he granted every request and even made special mixes for our dances. He is so good at reading the crowd and has such a fun personality. Joel helped make our wedding be the best day of our lives!

Jenni · Married on 04/07/2018

Joel was incredible to work with! So organized, responsive to all my questions and emails and a true professional! He made the entire experience easy and was so kind throughout. We highly recommend working with him – always ready to help in anyway, Joel was absolutely wonderful!

Ariane · Married on 03/24/2018

I would give Joel 10 stars if I could! All I can say is, WOW! He did our wedding on March 24th, 2018, and cannot explain how fantastic he was as a DJ. Seriously, look no farther than his page right here. The ENTIRE night the dance floor was packed! I've been to a LOT of weddings and never before have I seen so many people dancing and having fun for such a long stretch of time. People were drenched in sweat from dancing so hard (my husband included). I had at least 10 people come up to me to tell me what an awesome job he was doing, and I couldn't help but pay him a few compliments myself! We had a wide range of ages present at our wedding but he knew how to get the older generation on the dance floor while still playing fun popular songs that are great to dance to for all the rest of us. The only instructions I had were him were NO stupid dance songs like the Macarena, and play "New York, New York" and "Shout". And man did he deliver. Not to mention, his prices are more than fair, he is extremely responsive, and you can tell he loves what he does. I would get married again just to go to one of his parties.

Big J Music Services 8
    Big J Music Services 14
    Big J Music Services 15
    Big J Music Services 16

Daniel · Married on 03/04/2018

Joel freaking rocked! I’m so glad our wedding planner - Wanda Garcia - talked us out of a live band and into using Joel. He was able to play every single obscure song that we picked for our ceremony, and accommodated some last minute changes to get the crowd more pumped up. When it came time to the actual reception, our entire 40 person wedding was literally dancing from the moment dessert ended until Casa de Espana kicked us out. We had so many compliments from our guests on the music selection, and more than a few jealous comments! I cannot recommend him enough! Thank you, Joel!

• Gabriella

Gabriella · Married on 03/02/2018

Shout out to Big J! Music was a big part of our wedding and he was great! He did a great job at MCing, friendly with all the guests and was great at reading the crowd. Thank you!!!

Big J Music Services 17
    Big J Music Services 18

Angelica · Married on 02/17/2018

WHAT A DJ!!! WHAT A PERSONALITY!!! We knew we wanted to have Big J ever since we got engaged. Throughout the year, any question I had (which let's be real, every bride has a million questions), he would answer and promptly. He was so sweet and HONEST! We sent him a list of songs we especially wanted and the rest we left it up to him. WHAT A PARTYYYYY!!!!!! At the end, we had guests that just didn't want to leave and we all ended up on the stage having a concert! We wish we could relive this day, and we recommend Big J with eyes closed! Thank You so much Joel! PS: He is hilarious and Professional in one package!

Kyrah · Married on 12/03/2017

He's very cool! Everyone on the Island spoke highly of him and from the moment I met him I knew why!! I can't wait to work with him!

• Christa

Christa · Married on 10/07/2017

I cannot say enough amazing things about Joel. I was a little worried about my group of people and whether or not they were going to really dance it up, because let's face it, the bride is a dancer. Somehow Joel got our crew out on the floor AND KEPT THEM THERE! Oh wow, I really don't know how it did it, but the grooms parents were dancing with my friends and my friends were dancing with each other and somewhere, somehow there was a boyband dance off.

Either way, I'm telling you, you CANNOT go wrong working with Joel. He was on time, he was professional and you could tell that he genuinely enjoyed what he did. Not to mention he was good! There were no awkward pauses, he didn't over talk (totally kills the vibe), but he engaged the crowd. He was worth every single penny we paid and more. Joel, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for making our reception better than I could have ever dreamed.

Sent on 08/02/2017

Big J Music Services's reply:

OMG!!! Thank you for the review!!!! It was a great pleasure being a part of your wedding! Thank you for trusting in me!!! Cheers!!!!
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/07/2017

Joel was a pleasure to work with! He definitely had our guests dancing the whole night. He also realized that we were honoring my grandfather, who had just passed about 2 weeks before our wedding. We had an "it's 5 o'clock somewhere clock" in my grandfathers seat, along with a picture of him. Joel asked if it was ok for him to play 5 o'clock somewhere during our dancing, I told him absolutely! The family was thrilled that he, not knowing my grandfather, honored him as well. Great job Big J! We hope you enjoyed our wedding! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Big J Music Services's reply:

Omg!!! Thank you for this great review!!! It was truly a pleasure being part of you big day!!! Take care. :-)

Karen · Married on 06/24/2017

Joel was amazing! He did my music for the ceremony and reception. His setup was beautiful! He's so friendly! The crowd loved the music! Thank you!

Sent on 07/01/2017

Big J Music Services's reply:

Thank you Karen!!!! You guys where amazing thank you for the counting with me in your big day!! Cheers

DJ · Married on 05/07/2017

My wife and I appreciate Big J so much! He took the vibe we were going for, and exceeded the destination wedding expectations! Our guest had a ball! As people of color, we were concerned about the type of music we wanted to be played. Hip Hop and R&B. And was a little concerned that the West coast music I am used to could meet the East Coast vibe my wife is used to. But Big J made it happen! His energy is amazing, and I am so happy we had him for our wedding and reception Thank you J!!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Big J Music Services's reply:

Hey!!! Thank you for the great review I had a blast!!!! You and your friends were amazing!!!!! Love u!! Cheers

Eva · Married on 05/06/2017

For those of you planning your wedding, or any event that needs a DJ Joel is your man! He was the DJ at both my rehearsal dinner and wedding- not only did he keep us dancing, but laughing as well! His bubbly personality and timely responses was the icing on the cake! Joel gets an A+

Sent on 05/16/2017

Big J Music Services's reply:

Yei!!!! Thanks Eva!!!!! Love u guys!!!! Cheers!!!!

Jillian · Married on 04/21/2017

DJ Big J!! He was our BEST and easiest decision for our destination wedding on 4/21/17. After meeting a couple on the beach who had their wedding the night before and hearing how amazing Big J was to them, there really was no other DJ to consider booking. We were SO happy we went with that couples recommendation. Joel was extremely easy to work with- quick to respond, went with our music vision and very reasonably priced. We had a welcome party the night before our wedding and we had Big J DJ that event too- fantastic idea! He was able to meet us and all of our guests the day before the wedding and feel out our vibes which just lead to an even more amazing wedding night! Joel kept the party going ALL NIGHT and we all just loved him! Thank you so much DJ BIG J!

NATALIE · Married on 02/25/2017

Joel was our wedding DJ in San Juan, Puerto Rico in February 2017. He was the MOST AMAZING wedding DJ that we have ever seen and were lucky enough to use him for our wedding. He was engaged with the crowd, he read the audience, and was the life of the party. We loved that he was able to incorporate some song mixes as the night went on so that the crowd kept dancing the night away. Also, he did a great job of reading the crowd. We requested some older 60's/70's that he played in the beginning of the night and then slowly brought in music from the younger crowd later.

The part that we loved was that he made the event so personal to us. He called out our names, made some fun jokes, and even though we just met him that night, we felt like we had known him for years!

No words can express how happy my husband and I were after our wedding. Heck, we even invited him to the after party to celebrate. Make sure if you have Joel at your wedding if you want an amazing party! MUCHAS GRACIAS!

Sent on 03/14/2017

Big J Music Services's reply:

Omg!!!!! Thank you for the great review I had a blast at your wedding super fun crowd!!! Thank you for choosing me as your dj cheers!!!

Stacey · Married on 11/12/2016

Where to even begin?! Being from NYC and planning a wedding in Puerto Rico can be stressful but after meeting Joel we were so delighted to know we were in good hands. He kept the dance floor going all night and played off the guests’ vibes as he selected music. I had a huge list of songs I wanted him to play but time get away from me and I never sent him our list. I only sent him the specific ceremony and reception songs. I was nervous bc I had put so much time into the music I wanted I was worried we wouldn’t get a mix of artists we like. BOY WAS I WRONG! He blew me away with his professionalism, huge selection of music and willingness to accommodate guest request. I HIGHLY recommend Joel for any event. I’m so pleased with how the evening went and a large part of that is because he’s amazing at what he does!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Big J Music Services's reply:

OMG!!!!!!!! Thank You Stacey! For the great review!! You guys where awesome!! it was very fun Djing Your Big Day!!!! Many Thanks!!!!!!!!!! Cheers!!!!

Stephanie · Married on 10/08/2016

Puerto Rico is alive and well!! I just returned from Puerto Rico where my daughter had her destination wedding. We first met with Joel a year prior and immediately fell in love with him! His knowledge of music and how to read a crowd is unbelievable. He is a true professional. Joel played all of the songs my daughter requested and even played some of the old Italian must-haves. DJ Big J played non-stop music from the moment cocktail hour started until the last song of the evening. There were no down-times whatsoever. His transition from one song to another is impeccable. Joel had everyone on the dance floor all night. Even my husband who doesn't dance! We had such a great time with him. If you are planning a wedding or any event in PR that requires a DJ, DJ Big J (Big J Music Services) is your man. You will not be disappointed. So happy our paths crossed and hope to see him again some day when I revisit the beautiful island of Puerto Rico.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Big J Music Services's reply:

OMG!!!!! Thank you for this very kind words I Really had a great time as well. You guys let me do my thing and the reaction was epic. Thanks again hope seeing you in the near future. Cheers!!!

Ashley · Married on 10/07/2016

Big J delivered the BEST PARTY EVERY! My husband and I are really into music, so it was top priority that we find a good DJ to play our favorite tunes the whole night. From day 1 he was extremely responsive and accommodating. He provided us with a form to fill out detailing the schedule we had in mind for the reception, and what songs would be played when. This was such a nice touch because it left no room for error the whole night, meaning it was perfect! He not only played those few select songs we wanted for the cutting of the cake, first dance, bouquet toss, etc., but he actually spun those records! I hate it when DJs play a whole song through during a party. I mean people pay money for DJs to just hit play all night. Well Joel DID NOT do this! He was spinning with skill! He mashed up some of our favorite artists from Beyoncé, to Kendrick Lamar, to Disclosure, to my hometown Houston music. He strategically started the night off with 70s and 80s for the older crowd to get their groove on before they went to bed. Then, he followed that up with the 90s, 00s, and 10s for the younger crowd to "get lit!" Many of the wedding guests are STILL talking (6 months later) about how this was the most fun they have had in a long time/at a wedding/EVER! I owe this to Big J. Toast to the best DJ in Puerto Rico!

Sent on 03/29/2017

Big J Music Services's reply:

OMG! Thank You For the review its was a epic wedding thank you very much this really means a lot to me take care!

Elvira · Married on 09/26/2016

When I read Big J's reviews on wedding wire I thought to myself "This guy can't be that good. These reviews can't be real." Man was I wrong. Joel is the REAL DEAL people!!! He has a library of songs to choose from which contained hits for all generations and ages. He was able to play any song that we requested. He's not just some regular dj that just "plays songs" either. He had smooth transitions and even blended songs that were of different tempos cleanly. Crazy props to this guy! Mad skills!!! Book this dude for your wedding! You'd be a fool not to. Thank you Joel for being a part of Elvira and I's wedding. You made it a party we will never forget!!! Keep up the great work.

Sent on 10/02/2016

Big J Music Services's reply:

Yei!!! Thank You Guys! For this Great review!!! I Am truly Humble. It was a Party like in the old days that every body was having a great time. You and your gust really know how to party take care guys!! see you soon!