Big J Music Services Reviews

124 Reviews for Big J Music Services

• Jenny

Jenny Pincus · Married on 03/12/2020

Awesome DJ

We had so much fun at our wedding thanks to our DJ!! It was a smaller wedding, but people were dancing all night. He helped us with our ceremony & reception and was flexible and worked with us when we needed extra time! We highly recommend him!

Sent on 03/14/2020
  • Sasha

Sasha Soto · Married on 03/01/2020

Ethical and kind

I booked Joel back in March almost a year ahead for my wedding in February 2020 after seeing his reviews and coming highly recommended. Just a few days ago after review all of my contracts I realized I booked him for the wrong date! Once I realized the terrible mistake I made, I quickly emailed him to check his availability for the following weekend and he was already booked! In this industry I have quickly learned there is no room for error and refunds are non existent, with that being said he was super understanding and was kind enough to refund me all of my deposit. I am so grateful for his kindness and understanding the situation. This type of character is hard to find so I would highly recommend dealing with him!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Raquel

Raquel Calzadilla · Married on 02/27/2020

Book this dj! You wont regret it!

Big J was awesome!!! We hired him for my wedding, because he was also at my sisters wedding and we got so many compliments back then, that we decided to hire him again.

Big J was so nice and communicative. He answered my e-mails and calls quickly. He helped me modify two of my songs and they ended up sounding great.

Our reception included about 40 Germans and the rest Puertorricans. Big J was able to make those Germans dance like they had never danced before. They were so thankfull to have been invited to the wedding and said they had never seen a wedding with such an amazing party like ours. The LOVED the DJ and the Puertorricans too!!

There was no need to hire a band. Big J was all we needed. I had never danced in public with my German boyfriend, until the day of our wedding. We danced until I couldn't walk anymore. It was a night to remember. Thanks Big J!!

Sent on 03/02/2020
  • Leandra

Leandra Branch · Married on 02/15/2020

Best dj ever!

WOW! Joel (DJ Big J) is on another level. He came highly recommended by numerous people and we are so grateful that he was a part of our big day. He was one of the first wedding vendors we selected because of all of the praise he received. He kept our guests dancing and laughing all night long – even through rain storms!! He played every song we asked for and his transitions were flawless. He reads a crowd so well and has such an upbeat personality.

Joel was very responsive, professional and SO MUCH FUN! We still have guests talking about DJ Big J and our dance party! He made our dreams come alive. Wish we could have Big J at every event! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 02/24/2020
  • Brianna

Brianna Crahan · Married on 02/14/2020

Amazing DJ hired for our destination wedding!

What can I say, Joel is just WOW!! From our very first phone call I was blown away. He is responsive, listens to you and what you would like for music, he is easy to work with and just an over all amazing guy! The app he provides for you to send over different music or select certain songs or genres makes the entire process fun and effortless.
    On our big day he was incredible! He put his own spin on the songs we had selected together, he announced things perfectly and got all of our guests on their feet and dancing the entire night, even in the rain! He truly knows how to make sure the party doesn’t stop and that everyone is having the best time. Highly HIGHLY recommend!!!

Sent on 02/29/2020
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin · Married on 11/07/2019

Could not have asked for a better DJ

Joel is AMAZING! Every time we had a question or needed a suggestion he was there. He is so incredibly easy to work with and the app he has to communicate the music selection made it 1000xs easier than writing it all out.

He keeps the party going with his amazing mix and great vibe! Joel is seriously the best!

Sent on 11/21/2019
  • Isabel

Isabel · Married on 07/05/2019

Best DJ in Puerto Rico!

Our wedding planner Rosalina Torres recommended Big J to do the music for our wedding and are we super happy she did! Joel did an amazing job! He played exactly what we wanted and even played music that he thought would get my guests dancing! The whole night my guests were on their feet dancing the night away!! We had a power outage at one point and the music was still playing! I don't know how he did that but it was super awesome! My husband and I couldn't have had anyone better, Joel is the best! I would recommend Big J music to everyone and anyone who needed music for their event, whether it be a wedding, birthday celebration, or a corporate event! He is amazing! Thank you Joel for playing awesome music at our wedding you are amazing, professional, nice, and just absolutely awesome!!

Sent on 07/11/2019

Jaime · Married on 06/14/2019

Danced Our a$$e$ off!!

Big J came highly recommend to us by several of our vendors!!! I had contacted Joel about a year prior to our wedding and I loved his personality over email!! He was professional and kind and answered all of my questions!! I knew I couldn't go wrong hiring him!! My husband and I are huge music lovers and we LOVE to dance and have a good time! Well that's exactly what we did!! Our wedding was amazing!!! Joel played all of the music that we had selected and then some!! The way he mixes one song into the next, was awesome!!! We had an amazing white dance floor that was lit and sparkling! It tied the whole night together!! When I say all 85 of us were up dancing, I'm serious!! It was non stop! Every seat was empty!! His energy and love for music is evident!! He knows how to have a good time and the way he engages with the crowd is the best!! We had the BEST TIME EVER!!! Joel, you know I love you!! You're amazing, And I couldn't have asked for a more perfect entertainer for our wedding!!! Our guests are still talking about you and how awesome you were!!! Thanks for being so awesome!!!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Brukendra · Married on 06/10/2019

June 10,2019

Dj Joel was amazing. He kept my guest on the dance floor.

Sent on 06/23/2019

Nathalie · Married on 05/31/2019

Absolutely the Best

We hired Big J for our recent wedding and we couldn’t be happier!! He communicated with me prior to our wedding ensuring that he had all the details he needed for the big day! Extremely professional, he’s a blast and had everyone on their feet all night! 100% recommend BigJ for any wedding or event, you will not regret it!!

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • April

April Burch · Married on 04/19/2019

Outstanding

Joel is AMAZING!!!!! You will not be disappointed if you choose him for your event. He is FUN and professional.

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 03/23/2019

Amazing DJ

DJ Joel, hosted my wedding at the Condado Vanderbilt and provided top-notch service. He engaged the bridal party in conversation leading up to our entrance, and verified that he knew exactly how the bridal party should be announced. While he did use our play list, he implemented his excellent creative license and added in songs that appealed to both the older and the younger generations. He had a great feel for the crowd and kept everyone happy and eager to stay on the dance floor. As the bride, I happily danced the night away with my husband and our loved ones. DJ Joel is the gold standard.

Sent on 04/11/2019
  • danielle

danielle · Married on 03/22/2019

Don’t Look Anywhere Else

It’s true what they say — a DJ makes or breaks your wedding. Needless to say, Joel killed it in every aspect!! 🙂🙂 His transitions are so smooth and he kept everyone dancing all night. He had to balance Brazilian, Bolivian, local Puertican, and American music and he was flawless. A true professional! Not only is he so skillful at what he does, he bring such a fun, warm personality. Thanks for the best night of our life Joel!!

Sent on 04/22/2019
  • Heather

Heather Torres · Married on 02/09/2019

Best in Business

Big J came recommended to us and he did not disappoint! He is FANTASTIC at reading the crowd and playing the right music to get everyone on their feet. Our entire wedding was dancing for hours and literally danced their shoes off. He was simply the BEST and made our night absolutely perfection. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 02/13/2019
  • Jessamine

Jessamine · Married on 12/09/2018

Can't have a party without Joel!!

Joel was hands down such a down to earth guy I'm so glad my wedding coordinator gave me his name! He is organized, his equipment is top notch and with a stylish set-up elegant for a wedding. He was taking guest requests and also bringing in his own flavor to keep the party going. Everything I asked for music-wise is exactly what he was doing. Very in-sync with what my husband and I truly wanted. Thank you so much!

Sent on 01/13/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 12/02/2018

Best Dance Party

DJ Joel is amazing. He was very responsive, professional and easy going. We met with him once and corresponded the rest of the time via email since I was planning from NY. We hired his services for our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at Los Jardines del Castillo. He did an amazing job mixing the english and spanish music and had everyone dancing from the moment he started until the end. It was the best dance party ever. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 01/19/2019

Juan R. Mella · Married on 11/25/2018

What a Night!

Joel is simply amazing! We celebrated our marriage with a destination wedding in Puerto Rico. The majority of our planning was performed by email. We were in constant contact with Joel and he was very responsive to our emails and requests. We had him prepare a remix for our first dance and continued to make edits until we heard the version that we loved. The music on the night of the wedding was exactly what we had asked for and more that catered to us and our family and friends. The dance floor was full of energy. Great MC, warm, entertaining, and professional. Absolutely made our night.
    We were so happy with him and would request over and over again!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Kyle Acosta · Married on 11/18/2018

Great night of dancing

Joel did a great job and had a great selection of music. We can’t recommend him enough.

Sent on 12/19/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/07/2018

Amazing service

My entire wedding was spectacular, but Big J absolutely stood out to all of our guests. Big J had the entire wedding party on the dance floor the entire night. We didn't even provide him much so a play list, he was able to feel out the crowed and get the right songs at the right time. Big J is also very friendly and accommodating unlike a lot of DJ's. The few requests for announcements or songs we made he was great about. I would go out of my way to recommend Big J to anyone having a wedding in Puerto Rico, he was fantastic and very affordable.

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Paola

Paola · Married on 08/31/2018

Big J is outstanding! We hired his services for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception at La Concha resort. He kept our guests dancing ALL NIGHT. He previously sent us a questionnaire asking for songs we wanted to include in our special day, but also allowed room for him to read the crowd. We had family and friends come up to us at the end of the evening (and the whole weekend) complimenting our DJ selection. Strongly recommend Big J’s services!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Monica · Married on 08/04/2018

I just had a small wedding on August 4th 2018. I was the most nervous about the music because of the diverse group that was invited. Joel nailed it!!! Not only was he so reassuring about his music from beginning to end. He executed everything so smooth that I almost forgot it was my wedding. I was so entertained and so were my guest that they did not even want to end the reception. They would have kept going if they could. I was so impressed on how he was able to provide music at my ceremony on the beach!! He even made last minute change right before the reception! He had done request but also read the crowd and kept everyone happy. I could not thank him enough. He was fantastic!

Sent on 08/25/2018

Kimberly · Married on 05/17/2018

Big J was absolutely great from the beginning to the end. He made sure that our guest had a great time, also he catered to both English and Spanish sides of our family. He accommodate our beach ceremony and mc throughout the whole night. The uplighting in our venue was perfect. He did such an amazing job. Our guest didn’t stop dancing!! Will highly recommend!! Thank you so much Joel!!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Hannah · Married on 05/12/2018

I wish I could have Joel be my DJ for every wedding I do from here on out!

With almost 10 years of experience as a planner, I have seen everything! DJ's who think their promotional material is more important than the couple they were hired by and Dj's who really just do not understand their audience. Joel was AMAZING! I was amidst planning a destination wedding post Hurricane Maria and I felt like Joel was my co-planner! He was so responsive! Even post hurricane when the devastation was more than I can imagine.

Joel REALLY mixes while he works and does not just keep a computer on a playlist. He takes requests, he is amendable and understands a wedding is a living breathing thing that needs to ebb and flow. He played oldies mixed with traditional Puerto Rican tunes and today's hottest hits while seamlessly hosting them all. I cannot decide if my favorite part of DJ Big J was his professionalism, his talent, or his general likeability as a human being but I cannot recommend him enough. Not to mention his equipment is modern, reliable and very simple to work with.

Oh, and as a planner who speaks little to well... very poor Spanish... Joel was respected by ALL of his industry piers and was a main point of communication on the day of! It's a shame this man did not stay in Boston because I would be spending every working wedding weekend with him!

If you hire Joel or his team, you are guaranteed to have a wonderful wedding night!

Sent on 05/21/2018

jannette · Married on 05/11/2018

Amazing fun filled night!! Our guests danced the whole night away to a great variety of music!! Joel was super easy to work with,all I did was just give him a small list of songs and genre’s we liked and he took it from there!!!! Ceremony, Cocktail and reception music was all provided by him, he served as our MC and his timming was perfect. He knew when to get the party started and how to keep it going! We had non stop fun dancing thanks to him!! Thank you!!

Sent on 05/19/2018

Christine · Married on 04/14/2018

Joel is the best at what he does. He was quick to respond to emails, on time, quick on his toes when we had to change locations because of the rain, and he granted every request and even made special mixes for our dances. He is so good at reading the crowd and has such a fun personality. Joel helped make our wedding be the best day of our lives!

Sent on 04/25/2018