Big J Music Services Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Cristin
    Cristin H. Married on 06/18/2022

You need this DJ at your wedding!

Joel was AMAZING! He was very responsive and professional from our very first meeting. We had a wedding where guests were about 50/50 from Puerto Rico and the United States and he could cater to both crowds seamlessly. The dancefloor was never empty. We loved every song he played and all of our guests loved him as well. I would recommend him with no hesitation. If you are having a wedding in Puerto Rico, you need Big J Music Services!
  • Chelsie
    Chelsie B. Married on 05/14/2022

Lived up to the HYPE and then some!

WOW! Joel was so amazing. He did our ceremony and our reception. He listened to speeches and vows and incorporated songs that fit in with those things without request. There was not moment without a song playing because he so perfectly mixed the songs together. And there were so few slow songs played because my husband and and our guests, were having thee most amazing time. So many people told us that he was the best DJ they had ever seen- weddings, clubs, you name it. Joel made our day so special! Can't hype him up enough!
  • Anita
    Anita R. Married on 05/05/2022

Kept the party going!

Big J was awesome!! The whole process was so easy! I loved that he provided an app that you could add all the songs you wanted, whenever you wanted! It made it so much easier than writing each song out and sending it to him. The reception was perfect! He kept the party going with every song. The dance floor was never empty the entire time. Big J was so sweet and we would definitely consider him a friend after the wedding! Would recommend him a thousand times over!!!
    S Wilx Married on 04/02/2022

Ultimate Professional

Joel was extremely professional, and responsive. I highly recommend him! We had a fantastic time and dances the night away!
    Nicholas Y. Married on 03/19/2022

Top Notch Wedding DJ

Big J knew how to keep everyone dancing! I can't recommend him enough for a wedding reception. He ensured that all of our cultures were represented, and pulled off requests that included a millenial rock portion, a traditional Jewish wedding dance, and 40 minutes of EDM
  • Carmen
    Regina Married on 03/12/2022

BEST DJ! You won't regret going with Big J

Big J made our wedding an absolute hit! Guests are still raving about the great music (and the light show!). His mixes were superb and I really appreciated how he meshed my music tastes (Latino top hits, merengue, salsa) with my husband's love of electronic music. It was so much fun and the dance floor was in full use from start to finish. Thanks, Big J!
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa Married on 01/14/2022

DJ Big J was great!

The overall planning process for our destination wedding was seamless and his communication was very prompt. He has a great attitude, is an awesome MC, and definitely knows how to read the crowd. Our wedding included everything from classic rock, to salsa to banda to EDM, and everything transitioned very nicely. Everyone had the best time!!!
    Christina N. Married on 11/06/2021

The Best DJ!

DJ Joel is one of the best! We requested a few different genres of music, and he was able to seamlessly blend all these types of music together! He knew what songs to play to keep everyone on the dance floor. I have been to many weddings in my life, and although I may be a little biased, he was definitely the best wedding DJ we’ve ever heard! He’s very personable and a great emcee!
  • Cecilia
    Cecilia G. Married on 08/05/2021

Amazing dj ! Made our wedding day special

Joel was spectacular with many music requests . Simple app and he even made a custom first dance mix for us . All of our guests raved as to how great our dj was . Awesome job
  • Nicole
    Nicole G. Married on 07/08/2021

Best DJ ever, seriously!!

Our wedding planner brought DJ Joel to us with the highest recommendations and he did not disappoint! He is such a fun loving and kind guy, and was so incredibly easy to work with. Every single person at our wedding commented on what an excellent DJ we had—we actually still have people telling us how great he was-- and we absolutely agree.

Joel provided everything from fun introductions, to perfect music for the cocktail hour and the start of dinner, to keeping every person on the dance floor for a full night of dancing. All of the song selections were 100% on point, I loved every single song he played.

Honestly if you want a charismatic MC, and your guests to dance all night long, book Joel, you will have no other worries and your guests will be dancing ALL NIGHT LONG!
  • Lauren
    Lauren B. Married on 05/24/2020

Amazing DJ!!!

Couldn’t say enough good things about DJ Big J!!! We had to reschedule our wedding 3 times due to Covid and every time he was so quick to respond and excited for the new date. The app he sends you to help with timeline planning is SUPER convenient and easy to use, making planning a breeze. On the day of the wedding he worked seamlessly with the hotel to ensure everything went smoothly and absolutely got the vibe of our group and was able to keep people on the dance floor all night long. Highly would recommend using him if you want a talented and fun to work with DJ!
    Mayoung N. Married on 05/02/2020

Awesome DJ

DJ Big J was absolutely phenomenal to work with. He did the music for our wedding, cocktail hour, and the reception. He kept our guests dancing up until the last minute of the wedding. He uses an app that makes the planning process very easy. On top of that, he is such a nice guy. He is very responsive and very professional. We recommend him highly!!!!
  • Jenny
    Jenny P. Married on 03/12/2020

Awesome DJ

We had so much fun at our wedding thanks to our DJ!! It was a smaller wedding, but people were dancing all night. He helped us with our ceremony & reception and was flexible and worked with us when we needed extra time! We highly recommend him!
  • Sasha
    Sasha S. Married on 03/01/2020

Ethical and kind

I booked Joel back in March almost a year ahead for my wedding in February 2020 after seeing his reviews and coming highly recommended. Just a few days ago after review all of my contracts I realized I booked him for the wrong date! Once I realized the terrible mistake I made, I quickly emailed him to check his availability for the following weekend and he was already booked! In this industry I have quickly learned there is no room for error and refunds are non existent, with that being said he was super understanding and was kind enough to refund me all of my deposit. I am so grateful for his kindness and understanding the situation. This type of character is hard to find so I would highly recommend dealing with him!
  • Raquel
    Raquel C. Married on 02/27/2020

Book this dj! You wont regret it!

Big J was awesome!!! We hired him for my wedding, because he was also at my sisters wedding and we got so many compliments back then, that we decided to hire him again.

Big J was so nice and communicative. He answered my e-mails and calls quickly. He helped me modify two of my songs and they ended up sounding great.

Our reception included about 40 Germans and the rest Puertorricans. Big J was able to make those Germans dance like they had never danced before. They were so thankfull to have been invited to the wedding and said they had never seen a wedding with such an amazing party like ours. The LOVED the DJ and the Puertorricans too!!

There was no need to hire a band. Big J was all we needed. I had never danced in public with my German boyfriend, until the day of our wedding. We danced until I couldn't walk anymore. It was a night to remember. Thanks Big J!!
  • Leandra
    Leandra B. Married on 02/15/2020

Best dj ever!

WOW! Joel (DJ Big J) is on another level. He came highly recommended by numerous people and we are so grateful that he was a part of our big day. He was one of the first wedding vendors we selected because of all of the praise he received. He kept our guests dancing and laughing all night long – even through rain storms!! He played every song we asked for and his transitions were flawless. He reads a crowd so well and has such an upbeat personality.

Joel was very responsive, professional and SO MUCH FUN! We still have guests talking about DJ Big J and our dance party! He made our dreams come alive. Wish we could have Big J at every event! Thank you so much!!
  • Brianna
    Brianna C. Married on 02/14/2020

Amazing DJ hired for our destination wedding!

What can I say, Joel is just WOW!! From our very first phone call I was blown away. He is responsive, listens to you and what you would like for music, he is easy to work with and just an over all amazing guy! The app he provides for you to send over different music or select certain songs or genres makes the entire process fun and effortless.
    On our big day he was incredible! He put his own spin on the songs we had selected together, he announced things perfectly and got all of our guests on their feet and dancing the entire night, even in the rain! He truly knows how to make sure the party doesn’t stop and that everyone is having the best time. Highly HIGHLY recommend!!!
  • Kaitlin
    Kaitlin Married on 11/07/2019

Could not have asked for a better DJ

Joel is AMAZING! Every time we had a question or needed a suggestion he was there. He is so incredibly easy to work with and the app he has to communicate the music selection made it 1000xs easier than writing it all out.

He keeps the party going with his amazing mix and great vibe! Joel is seriously the best!
  • Isabel
    Isabel Married on 07/05/2019

Best DJ in Puerto Rico!

Our wedding planner Rosalina Torres recommended Big J to do the music for our wedding and are we super happy she did! Joel did an amazing job! He played exactly what we wanted and even played music that he thought would get my guests dancing! The whole night my guests were on their feet dancing the night away!! We had a power outage at one point and the music was still playing! I don't know how he did that but it was super awesome! My husband and I couldn't have had anyone better, Joel is the best! I would recommend Big J music to everyone and anyone who needed music for their event, whether it be a wedding, birthday celebration, or a corporate event! He is amazing! Thank you Joel for playing awesome music at our wedding you are amazing, professional, nice, and just absolutely awesome!!
    Jaime Married on 06/14/2019

Danced Our a$$e$ off!!

Big J came highly recommend to us by several of our vendors!!! I had contacted Joel about a year prior to our wedding and I loved his personality over email!! He was professional and kind and answered all of my questions!! I knew I couldn't go wrong hiring him!! My husband and I are huge music lovers and we LOVE to dance and have a good time! Well that's exactly what we did!! Our wedding was amazing!!! Joel played all of the music that we had selected and then some!! The way he mixes one song into the next, was awesome!!! We had an amazing white dance floor that was lit and sparkling! It tied the whole night together!! When I say all 85 of us were up dancing, I'm serious!! It was non stop! Every seat was empty!! His energy and love for music is evident!! He knows how to have a good time and the way he engages with the crowd is the best!! We had the BEST TIME EVER!!! Joel, you know I love you!! You're amazing, And I couldn't have asked for a more perfect entertainer for our wedding!!! Our guests are still talking about you and how awesome you were!!! Thanks for being so awesome!!!
    Brukendra Married on 06/10/2019

June 10,2019

Dj Joel was amazing. He kept my guest on the dance floor.
    Nathalie Married on 05/31/2019

Absolutely the Best

We hired Big J for our recent wedding and we couldn’t be happier!! He communicated with me prior to our wedding ensuring that he had all the details he needed for the big day! Extremely professional, he’s a blast and had everyone on their feet all night! 100% recommend BigJ for any wedding or event, you will not regret it!!
  • April
    April B. Married on 04/19/2019

Outstanding

Joel is AMAZING!!!!! You will not be disappointed if you choose him for your event. He is FUN and professional.
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly Married on 03/23/2019

Amazing DJ

DJ Joel, hosted my wedding at the Condado Vanderbilt and provided top-notch service. He engaged the bridal party in conversation leading up to our entrance, and verified that he knew exactly how the bridal party should be announced. While he did use our play list, he implemented his excellent creative license and added in songs that appealed to both the older and the younger generations. He had a great feel for the crowd and kept everyone happy and eager to stay on the dance floor. As the bride, I happily danced the night away with my husband and our loved ones. DJ Joel is the gold standard.
  • danielle
    Danielle Married on 03/22/2019

Don’t Look Anywhere Else

It’s true what they say — a DJ makes or breaks your wedding. Needless to say, Joel killed it in every aspect!! 🙂🙂 His transitions are so smooth and he kept everyone dancing all night. He had to balance Brazilian, Bolivian, local Puertican, and American music and he was flawless. A true professional! Not only is he so skillful at what he does, he bring such a fun, warm personality. Thanks for the best night of our life Joel!!