Berkeley Hall Club is a wedding venue in Okatie, South Carolina. It is a distinctive private golf community that sits on the banks of Okatie River. They are in the heart of the coastal Lowcountry, just minutes from Hilton Head Island and Bluffton. Their property is 980 acres that features two golf courses designed by Tom Fazio, a Jeffersonian-style clubhouse and 554 home sites. Berkeley Hall Club is in a gated community, member-owned and professionally managed. They were named among the top 100 Platinum Clubs of America by Club Leaders Forum.
Facilities and Capacity
Berkeley Hall Club features breathtaking views, spectacular gardens and beautiful oaks draped in Spanish moss. Their facilities is a stunning backdrop for weddings and wedding photos. They three gorgeous settings for your ceremony. The Savannah Gardens & Reflecting Pond is a beautiful outdoor space with large shade trees including crepe myrtles and weeping willows. The Grand Lawn features views of the river and the fairways. The lawn is well-maintained and has uplighting for evening events. The Mall Lawn is outside the clubhouse and features stunning brick pathways. The Grand Foyer is a wonderful area to welcome your guests. It opens to the veranda and Grand Lawn. For more intimate receptions the Mixed Grille Dining Room accommodates 100 guests for a seated dinner and a dance floor. You can also host a reception on the outdoor lawns under a tent. The Berkeley Hall Clubhouse is 35,000 square feet and features six different dining areas and luxury amenities. They have a range of indoor and outdoor areas that can accommodate up to 250 guests.
Their trained and experienced event planners work with you to plan every detail of your special day. They know how to make your events flow seamlessly for a flawless wedding you and your guests will never forget. Berkeley Hall Club can host your bridal shower, engagement party, rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception. They offer aisle markers, tables, chairs, audio equipment, chair covers, dance floors, drapery, lighting and more. They have a wedding cottage available for overnight guests that features a full kitchen and four bedrooms. They offer in-house catering and bar services. Their catering team works with you to create custom menus to suit your taste.
Recommended by 100% of couples
Christina · Married on 10/07/2018
100% recommend Berkeley Hall as a wedding venue
Recommendations & Highlights:
- Reserve the golf cottages for your guests to stay in and utilize the concierge staff to help with the logistics (it’s slightly more complicated than a hotel block but WELL worth it). We’re from Boston and most guests traveled, so we wanted them to get the most out of traveling here together, while enjoying the amenities of Berkeley Hall. We stayed on the premises as well, and it was so fun to be in close proximity to many of our guests for the whole weekend and not just one day.
- Megan Szucs (event planner) is a total professional who was so patient and helpful during the planning process and completely prepared and present on the day of our wedding.
- Chef John Soulia and his team are incredible. We’re picky eaters but did not want to be “that couple” that changes everything on the chef’s menu; so we ultimately trusted that we’d chosen the right place with the right chef. Long story short we could NOT have been more correct. We ordered from the wedding menu, and everything was executed beautifully and perfectly across the board - like this is not your average “wedding food”. They listened to questions, suggestions, and comments during the tasting, and they (with Megan and the concierge staff) met with us several days in advance of our wedding to review. At the end of the day, however, they’re really just amazing at doing what they do. You can trust that.
- The Berkeley Hall staff in general is unreal. They’re professional, fun, thoughtful, intuitive, funny - I could go on. We’ve heard so many positive comments back from our guests about their interactions with the people who make this place as great as it is; and the compliments are well deserved. They set the perfect tone - balanced between “here we are at a lovely private golf club” and “but really we’re here to have a great time.”
- The golf speaks for itself - we did a golf outing and everyone who played loved it.
- It’s close enough to Hilton Head that you can go to the beach, close enough to Savannah that you can get there, Old Town Bluffton is great - there’s a lot to do close to the club.
We honestly cannot think of a single negative comment about having our wedding at Berkeley Hall; and we would come back here to redo it all over again without changing a thing. It was truly one of the best experiences of our lives and will without a doubt be a tough one to beat.
Chelsea · Married on 04/08/2017
I just was married at Berkeley Hall on April 8th, 2017 and the wedding was a dream. EVERYONE at Berkeley Hall went above and beyond to make the process as stress free and efficient as possible. Tracey Mancini is a miracle worker. She literally managed our wedding of 165 people (tented outdoor) from beginning to end and EVERYTHING went off without a hitch. Do yourself a favor and get married at Berkeley Hall... I would do it again in a second if I could (I like my new hubby to much though :) )
Lori · Married on 03/18/2017
We had a 150 guest wedding with a majority flying in from Toronto and New York so you can imagine how much planning was involved and all the things that could possibly go wrong, but the entire weekend could not have gone more smoothly. From the beautiful onsite accommodations, the rehearsal dinner in the Berkeley room, the golf tournament on Friday and the big day on Saturday, everything was perfect. The staff at Berkeley Hall is world class- not only are they friendly and accommodating but they went the extra mile to make everyone feel so welcome. Tracey, the wedding coordinator, did a fantastic job making sure every little detail was perfectly executed and I loved how she put her own little touches during the rehearsal dinner and wedding day. I honestly would not have changed a thing and can't thank everyone at Berkeley Hall enough for making this day so memorable.
Spectacular Southern Country Club, and one of the best in the Low Country. Love this venue, and the service and staff are great to work with!
Berkeley Hall is a beautiful venue with many different spots for gathering. The front lawn for the ceremony, the back overlooking the golf course for the reception, and many rooms for getting ready and more intimate moments! Tracey Mancini is a wonder! You couldn't ask for a better wedding planner.
You cannot find a more beautiful location than Berkeley Hall. The staff is incredible and they work so hard to make every event perfect. We always know that events at Berkeley Hall are going to be some of our favorites!