I create kickass imagery for real people and incredible brands. My photographs tell a story - your story - in a unique, authentic, and badass way. So it's safe to say that I'm not your average photographer. Then again, I'm not your average anything. Chances are, neither are you (and that's why you're here). I can't wait to share some whisky in real life and get to know all about you and how I can bring your story to life, but until then, here's a tiny bit more about me:
• I'm a perpetual optimist.
• I'm a warrior for love and believe that if you work hard, and are kind, amazing things will happen.
• "Feminist" is my second favorite f-word.
• I'm an oversharer on the internet.
• I speak three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Movie Quotes (though I'm currently brushing up on my French).
• I dance to (new) old records in my living room and have a tendency to get lost in literature.
• I like single malt scotch and fast motorcycles and if tattoos were free I'd be covered in them.
• I can do a pretty passable British accent.
• I'm unexpectedly petite.
• My photography isn't about magazine features or wedding day details, and it is not about matching outfits or stone bridges. It's about everything unplanned and spontaneous. It's about you; your life - real, authentic, uninhibited - being lived out loud in front of my lens. My imagery stems from my desire to tell a story (yours!) and create kickass images (that matter). It's about kindness and grace and spontaneity and awkward humor. The truest beauty - the heart of your story - exists not only in what I see. But in everything we feel. Whoever you are and whatever your story, my heart - and my camera - would be honored to document it for you.
Other couples have also viewed:
Recommended by 100% of couples
Mariah Peronto · Married on 10/13/2018
Captured our wedding exactly the way we wanted
Athena did an amazing job on both our wedding and engagement photos. She's funny, charming, and makes you feel very comfortable throughout the process. There were so many great photos of family and friends that we had no idea she captured until we received the images. The ones of us were pretty fantastic too! Her style is very true to the type of images you see on her website. If you love those, you should definitely work with her!Sent on 02/06/2019
Danielle · Married on 09/27/2014
Athena, she, well, completes us.Sent on 12/03/2014
Athena Pelton is the epitome of a great person and a wonderful talent. I come from a design/art directing background so photography was in the top 3 priorities for vendors for me. Athena is so much more to my husband and I than an unbelievable photographer. She quickly turned into a great friend, that we were lucky enough to spend our wedding day with. Upon first meeting for coffee before booking, we, just, clicked. I knew she was for us and never looked back after that — she gave us exactly the kind of editorial, natural, beautiful images that we wanted. Athena was so helpful and responsive throughout our engagement, she came to the table with great ideas for our engagement session — images that mean so much more to us than we ever imagined they would. Wedding photographers are a dime a dozen these days, but with Athena, it's different — you're not just another client/paycheck for her. You don't just choose her. She chooses you — she wants to have a connection, make sure you're the right fit, as that's how she best tells her stories. You can see/feel emotion in every photo that Athena takes. She is different. We are so incredibly lucky she chose us.
Desirae · Married on 05/30/2014
I can't say enough good things about Athena. From the beginning she was just wonderful; replied to any questions I had promptly and was very organized. The day of the wedding she arrive with a smile on her face ready to capture our special day. And she did just that, and so much more. Plain and simple, if you want an unbelievable, awesome photographer that you don't have to worry about capturing your day perfectly, then Athena is your girl. She will get the job done and be your friend at the same time. She isn't just a stranger at your wedding, she's part of it and makes it even better. TRUST ME. Snatch her if you can.Sent on 07/03/2014
Athena Pelton Photography Price Rates
Athena is the sweetest and kindest person with a wonderful eye in photography!!!
Very beautiful work! I just received some photos back from a client of mine Athena did for a Boudior photoshoot and they are really very lovely! Also, she was timely in her turnaround response with the photos....made for a great experience doing business with her :) I will definately recommend her to all future clients of mine!
Athena Pelton Photography...ahhh! Where do I begin? Well...I'll say what I say to all of my clients when asking about her: Athena is a moment capturer. The moment that, while you're perhaps in it are thinking, "Gosh, I wish I had this moment on camera so that I could remember it forever...just the way it is now." Well with Athena Pelton Photography, you WILL have that moment captured in a picture forever because she catches those moments before they even happen! She's got an amazing eye, super creative, has a personality that will make you feel like you've known her forever. Before you know it she'll be talking to you uncle Bob and grandma Iris as if they were her own family! You do not want to miss out on an opportunity to work with her.