April Burkhart Photography

2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$4,000 Most Popular Price

2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$4,000 Most Popular Price

Hello couples! My name is April and I am a professional wedding photographer based in Portland, Oregon. I live for capturing candid moments throughout the day and strive to create images that are authentic, timeless, and beautiful. I spend time getting to know my couples before the big day in order to ensure that they are comfortable both with me and in front of the camera. From the moment of booking I am available to answer any and all of your questions. I believe in creative collaboration between couples and myself so I'm very open to hear about your ideas and implement them into your wedding day. I offer packages for any size wedding whether it be elopment, intimate, or full day weddings! A full day wedding consists of eight hours of coverage beginning at getting ready and usually ending during the dancing shenanigans. One of my favorite things about photographing weddings is all of the beautiful places that I get to visit in the PNW! I am happy to travel to you or to go on an adventure to "get the shot".

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$1,600

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$4,000

2nd Shooter
Engagement Shoot
Negatives

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Film
Natural
Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Destination / Travel
Engagement Shoot
Second Shooter
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Negatives
illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

John W. Married on 10/27/2022

Couldnt be happier

April was wonderful! She answered all our questions and knew just what to look for and had some great recommendations and ideas. Her communication was excellent, her presence a charm and her photos remarkable.

April Burkhart Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the review, John. It was truly a pleasure working with you and Amy, and your family made me feel so welcomed!
  • Azeema
    Azeema A. Married on 08/27/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

April is talented & a pleasure to work with!

We live in Chicago & planned our wedding ourselves. After a consultation, we hired April less than 6 weeks out from our family backyard wedding in Portland. We are so grateful we were able to work with her! April's expertise and creative guidance was key to getting our amazing photos. She had a vision! Her suggested outdoor location for couples' photos was stunning, and you'd never know how much wind we were fighting just by looking at the photos. April was so patient and flexible with our family members and the last-minute changes to the ceremony. Since we planned it ourselves, we were beyond stress, but April was so calm and kind with clear directions. She also capitalized on the variety of photo backgrounds in our family's incredible backyard, and we are so pleased. Thank you, April!

April Burkhart Photography's reply:

Azeema! Thank you so much for the sweet review! Seriously almost brought tears to my eyes. You two were troopers! Weddings can be incredibly stressful when you're organizing it all on your own but you did an amazing job and it makes me so happy that you love the photos!
  • illustration stars

Team

April  Burkhart
April Burkhart
Photographer

Hello, nice to meet you! When I'm not shooting weddings you can generally find me exploring the PNW with my partner Josh and finding all the best hiking/camping in the area. We love thru hiking and just this past summer we circumnavigated Mount Hood! I am so inspired by all of the nature that the PNW has to offer and I try to integrate that into my wedding photography as much as possible. I have a cat named Mose, named after Dwight's cousin from The Office which I have watched all the way through at least a dozen times! I love to travel and just recently was fortunate enough to go to Portugal. I loved seeing all the old buildings and castles, tasting fresh Portuguese cuisine and taking photos of the beautiful landscape. Next year I hope to explore parts of Mexico. I find so much inspiration in experiencing and capturing diverse cultures on film!

3723 North Haight Avenue Portland, OR, 97227
Location of (April Burkhart Photography)

April Burkhart Photography frequently asked questions

April Burkhart Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • Digital Files
April Burkhart Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Engagement Shoot
  • Negatives
April Burkhart Photography offers the following photography styles:
  • Film
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism
April Burkhart Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Additional Hours
  • Destination / Travel
  • Engagement Shoot
  • Second Shooter
  • Wedding Portraits
April Burkhart Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Negatives
April Burkhart Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.
April Burkhart Photography currently offers 1 special WeddingWire promotion for wedding services.

Other vendors in Portland for your wedding