Ely, IA 52227 Map · Phone number

About Andrew J. Vaughn, Celebrant

I would love to officiate your upcoming wedding! I am located in the Cedar Rapids and Iowa City area, but I am willing to travel to perform your ceremony. My goal is to provide personalized services for all of life's most important moments. I am an excellent communicator who will listen to your needs, provide options, and guide you through a meaningful ceremony. My weddings are non-theistic in nature, which means you can customize them to meet your needs.

Your wedding day will be one of the most important days of your life. It represents your love and commitment as an engaged couple. You will cherish the memories you make with your loved ones on your wedding day! Some couples prefer an intimate ceremony with just them, while others prefer many more family and friends. Whether you're looking for a basic service or a completely personalized ceremony, I am able to help your perfect wedding wishes come true!

I am endorsed as a Humanist Celebrant by The Humanist Society. All over the world, Humanist Celebrants provide an alternative to traditional religious weddings, funeral and memorial services, baptisms, and other ceremonial observances.

I firmly believe in the power of people and the good we can all do! I am happy to provide my services to all people, including the LGBT community. I focus on celebrating the human experience in my work as a celebrant!

kristin andrew 0159
kristin andrew 0084
kristin andrew 0012

6 Reviews for Andrew J. Vaughn, Celebrant

Kari · Married on 04/28/2018

We loved having Andrew as our officiant. He was great to work with and really understood the feel and style that we wanted for our ceremony. We wanted it to be relaxed, have some humor, and have everyone feel comfortable. The ceremony was perfect. Our best man even tried to throw him a curve ball when it came time to hand him the rings. Andrew handled it perfectly and worked with it. We would highly recommend having Andrew as your officiant. He really listens to your needs, is professional, and is great to work with.

Cassie · Married on 09/30/2017

Andrew was a huge part of making our wedding incredible! I was a little apprehensive booking an officiant that we had never met, but the second we met Andrew all of that disappeared! He was always available and responsive during planning and let us write our entire ceremony with complete freedom. He came to our rehearsal the evening before our wedding and totally ran the show--making sure everyone knew exactly what they were doing, and putting everyone at ease. On our wedding day, Andrew was a hilarious, fun, and calming presence and performed our ceremony BEAUTIFULLY (even as the wind tried to blow away his notes). It was amazing! After the ceremony, Andrew mingled with guests and patiently waited until we were able to sign our license. We loved our wedding so much, got endless compliments, and cannot thank Andrew enough for doing such a wonderful job.

Shannon · Married on 05/06/2017

Andrew was amazing. The perfect person for our less than traditional wedding. He made it truly special. We had so many guests comment on what a great job he did. He always made us feel at ease during what can be a pretty stressful time. 100% would recommend to anyone.

Andrew J. Vaughn, Celebrant FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 400.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 200.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 100.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Ceremony Rehearsal, Vow Renewal
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • What languages do you speak? English