Ancestral Mayan Weddings

2021 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$350 Typical Price

2021 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$350 Typical Price

Ancestral Bodas Mayas is a wedding officiant group located in Akumal, Mexico. They can provide a magical, spiritual, mystical, and authentic Mayan ceremony for you and your significant other in the Riviera Maya. Your experience will be full of indigenous ancestral traditions, allowing you to feel a connection to the past as you move forward in your future, together.

Ancestral Bodas Mayas is a family of three generations. The family consists of indigenous shamans, dancers, artisans, musicians, and sweatlodge executors. They proudly guard the traditions of the ancestral cultures of the Anahuak. The energy that is created during your ceremony can represent the connecting of your souls with the cosmos and the sealing of your love to each other with the universe as a witness. The Shaman, your officiant, will introduce you as one to the four cardinal points. The drum and the conch shell will provide a mystical and spiritual ambiance to the ceremony and the medicine woman will smudge you with the aromatic smoke of copal to cleanse you before you enter the sacred circle of the offering, where you are united by the shaman. The ceremony concludes with a shower of flower petals, signifying abundance and prosperity. You will exchange natural seeds as a symbolism of fertility and then the seeds are offered to the water to represent what will grow from that moment on. Ancestral Bodas Mayas specializes in elopement weddings and full-service ceremonies. They work with the wedding coordinators in the Riviera Maya who can attend to every detail of your ceremony should you need services beyond those of the officiant.

• Hispanic or Latinx-owned
  • Native American-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$350

Which of the following are included in the price?

Ceremony Rehearsal

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$300

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$150

What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?

$100

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Vow Renewal

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Bilingual

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Pagan
Presbyterian
Taoist
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

30-60 mins.

What languages do you speak?

English
Spanish

• Lorraine
    Lorraine G. Married on 11/18/2021

Most beautiful, spiritual ceremony

Our family is eternally grateful to Ancestral Mexico for such a beautiful vow renewal ceremony. From the beginning, Anita was a great support system. She was responsive and sent such calm and positive energy with every interaction. Juan's words were deeply touching and everything our souls needed to hear and feel. This family helped to create a day that engrained these precious moments in our hearts forever. 🙏
    Krystal G. Married on 10/23/2021

You won’t regret it

I stumbled on a random video of them on tiktok and I just knew I had do get ahold of them. I communicated with Anita and she was so sweet and kind she always replied quick and answered all of my questions. I had so many and she was very patient with me .

Now the actual ceremony I met the wonderful family that performed it and they just took my breath away. They were full of life and love and I felt so welcomed. Especially Juan he just had this positive energy to him. I truly believed with all of my heart all of his wise and kind words.
    There was this energy that every time I looked at my husband I just want to hug and kiss him. Idk if it was the dancing or the drums I just felt …love. I know sounds a little too good to be true ? You just have to experience it ! It’s a unique and once in a lifetime opportunity. Thank you .
  • Adriana
    Adriana Married on 09/05/2021

Phenomenal and deeply spiritual experience with my sisters

I celebrated my bachelorette party with these beautiful people! My fiancee and I are deeply spiritual people, and this wonderful ceremony was fitting. Instead of drinking the night away, I wanted to have an intimate and wonderful experience with my most trusted ladies. Anita and her family welcomed us with open arms and open hearts. They taught me about my roots, and I happily danced and laughed with all of them. There were tears in my eyes and joy in my heart. Afterward, my sisters and I enjoyed the cenote for the rest of the day! We truly connected with nature, and our bond was strengthened. If you truly want an intimate and spiritual experience with yourself and you loved ones. I highly recommend Anitia and her family. There should be more people like them in this world. And they welcome everyone with open arms. Our culture is meant to be shared and explored by others. So if you're on the fence, trust me you are welcome to partake in such an amazing experience. Thank you and many blessing!!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

Ancestral Mayan Weddings Price Rates

Colonia Comprometido Contigo Akumal, MX, 77737
984-140-9748

Always open
Location of (Ancestral Mayan Weddings)

Other vendors in Eastern Mexico for your wedding