Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts

411 Angel Drive (Across the valley from Amicalola Falls), Ellijay, GA 30536 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 29
  • Pricing
  • Deals 1

About Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts

Congratulations on your engagement and thanks for visiting my page. My name is Rev. Dr. Barbara Roberts, and I believe that what you say to your beloved at your wedding is important enough to require some thought and effort. You will design your own perfect marriage ceremony, from an intimate wedding with just the two of you, to a gathering of all of your family and friends.

We can meet via phone (1-706-265-7794, e-mail (info@AlternativeWeddingsbyRevRoberts.com) or my website (AlternativeWeddingsbyRevRoberts.com) to customize the perfect ceremony that will reflect your own spiritual preference. You can choose one of the ready-made ceremonies from the website, or create your own out of the different parts that are under "Wedding Vows". It will then be personalized, printed up on appropriate paper, and put into a white folder to be used at your wedding. This keepsake copy will then be yours to have after all is said and done.

As a non-denominational minister since becoming ordained in 1993, I have officiated at hundreds of weddings now, both traditional and interfaith. No pre-marital counseling is required. My residence is across the valley from Amicalola Falls, one of north Georgia's most beautiful state parks, even though it's an Ellijay address. You can have me travel easily to Dawsonville, Dahlonega, Ellijay or any other surrounding town in this area to officiate. ALL couples are welcome including LGBT.

Follow Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts on

b2f2c7cc583ffe1e 1426211510948 barbarabycherrylake
barbarafaceshot
Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts
This is the winter robe that I wear although the mantle can be changed to the summer one.
minister pic

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts 3
Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts 4

Brian Nastali · Married on 04/22/2019

Truly wonderful ceremony!

Rev. Barbara performed our ceremony at Amicalola Falls. Communication was great and she was super flexible and accommodating. She performed our ceremony at the Appalachian Trail arch, near the visitors center, just prior to us starting our Appalachian Trail thru-hike. We couldn't ask for anything more!

Sent on 05/03/2019

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I really appreciate your nice review, especially since it was done while hiking the Appalachian Trail! Technology comes in handy sometimes. Thanks so much!

Dj E · Married on 01/01/2019

Joan and Dale

Barbara was extremely accommodating and considerate to all our needs. It was very low key, no pressure, and just what we wanted. I would highly recommend Barbara’s service to anyone.

Sent on 01/16/2019

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I was so pleased that the weather co-operated with us and the rain held off so that we could use your beautiful waterfall back yard as a background. Thanks for your kind review and enjoy your new life together!
  • Lena

Lena · Married on 10/19/2018

Wonderful!

Reverend Roberts was awesome! She was very patient with us deciding at the last minute where we were going to do our ceremony at Amicalola Falls. It was a beautiful ceremony! I would recommend her 100%! Thank you Rev. Roberts!!!!!

Sent on 11/02/2018
    Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts 5
    Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts 6

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I'm so glad you changed the time of your wedding to earlier in the day! The weather when we had it was perfect, but later would not have been. I'm always happy to accommodate people whenever I can so I appreciate your lovely review of my services. I hope you have a wonderful life together!

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts Pricing

• What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 150.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 100.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)? $ 200.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Vow Renewal, Civil Union, Single Religion
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows, Licensed
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Jewish, No Denomination
  • In which states are you licensed? GA
  • What languages do you speak? English

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts 1
    Select your own ceremony

I allow my couples to choose your own ceremony to your Spiritual preference. You can choose from ready-made ceremonies or mix and match from the parts that make up a ceremony, both of which are on my website at http://AlternativeWeddingsbyRevRoberts.com.

• 411 Angel Drive, (Across the valley from Amicalola Falls) Ellijay, 30536 See on map