Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts

411 Angel Drive (Across the valley from Amicalola Falls), Ellijay, GA 30536 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 29
  • Pricing
  • Deals 1

About Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts

Congratulations on your engagement and thanks for visiting my page. My name is Rev. Dr. Barbara Roberts, and I believe that what you say to your beloved at your wedding is important enough to require some thought and effort. You will design your own perfect marriage ceremony, from an intimate wedding with just the two of you, to a gathering of all of your family and friends.

We can meet via phone (1-706-265-7794, e-mail (info@AlternativeWeddingsbyRevRoberts.com) or my website (AlternativeWeddingsbyRevRoberts.com) to customize the perfect ceremony that will reflect your own spiritual preference. You can choose one of the ready-made ceremonies from the website, or create your own out of the different parts that are under "Wedding Vows". It will then be personalized, printed up on appropriate paper, and put into a white folder to be used at your wedding. This keepsake copy will then be yours to have after all is said and done.

As a non-denominational minister since becoming ordained in 1993, I have officiated at hundreds of weddings now, both traditional and interfaith. No pre-marital counseling is required. My residence is across the valley from Amicalola Falls, one of north Georgia's most beautiful state parks, even though it's an Ellijay address. You can have me travel easily to Dawsonville, Dahlonega, Ellijay or any other surrounding town in this area to officiate. ALL couples are welcome including LGBT.

Follow Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts on

barbarafaceshot
Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts
This is the winter robe that I wear although the mantle can be changed to the summer one.
minister pic

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts 4
  • Lena

Lena · Married on 10/19/2018

Wonderful!

Reverend Roberts was awesome! She was very patient with us deciding at the last minute where we were going to do our ceremony at Amicalola Falls. It was a beautiful ceremony! I would recommend her 100%! Thank you Rev. Roberts!!!!!

Sent on 11/02/2018
    Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts 5
    Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts 6

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I'm so glad you changed the time of your wedding to earlier in the day! The weather when we had it was perfect, but later would not have been. I'm always happy to accommodate people whenever I can so I appreciate your lovely review of my services. I hope you have a wonderful life together!

Monica · Married on 10/17/2018

Perfect experience

Rev Dr Barbara Roberts was exactly what we were looking for in having a casual, intimate ceremony in a scenic setting. She was able to meet us and our puppy at Amicalola Falls on shorter notice of planning, AND by sunrise! We corresponded seamlessly through email, and she was prompt and precise in making sure that everything was just the way we wanted. (We had fun choosing just the right words for our vows from her website!) Barbara was warm, kind, and professional, and we are so grateful for all of her help in making such a special memory for us. We would highly recommend her to anyone, as she can do it all!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I always love doing weddings that are different, and yours fit that description. Thank you for the review and may the three of you have a wonderful life together! -Rev. Roberts

Nicole · Married on 09/08/2018

Rev. Robert's was great to work with. Her website made it a breeze for us to put our ceremony together. She made it such a laid back and easy experience! We got to custom make our ceremony and everything went perfectly smoothly on the big day. She was a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I'm so glad the weather cooperated on your special day! Thanks for the lovely review and I hope you have a wonderful life together in the future.

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts Pricing

• What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 150.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 100.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)? $ 200.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Vow Renewal, Civil Union, Single Religion
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows, Licensed
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Jewish, No Denomination
  • In which states are you licensed? GA
  • What languages do you speak? English

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts 1
    Select your own ceremony

I allow my couples to choose your own ceremony to your Spiritual preference. You can choose from ready-made ceremonies or mix and match from the parts that make up a ceremony, both of which are on my website at http://AlternativeWeddingsbyRevRoberts.com.

• 411 Angel Drive, (Across the valley from Amicalola Falls) Ellijay, GA 30536 See on map