Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts

411 Angel Drive (Across the valley from Amicalola Falls), Ellijay, GA 30536 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 30
  • Pricing

About Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts

Congratulations on your engagement and thanks for visiting my page. My name is Rev. Dr. Barbara Roberts, and I believe that what you say to your beloved at your wedding is important enough to require some thought and effort. You will design your own perfect marriage ceremony, from an intimate wedding with just the two of you, to a gathering of all of your family and friends.

We can meet via phone (1-706-265-7794, e-mail (info@AlternativeWeddingsbyRevRoberts.com) or my website (AlternativeWeddingsbyRevRoberts.com) to customize the perfect ceremony that will reflect your own spiritual preference. You can choose one of the ready-made ceremonies from the website, or create your own out of the different parts that are under "Wedding Vows". It will then be personalized, printed up on appropriate paper, and put into a white folder to be used at your wedding. This keepsake copy will then be yours to have after all is said and done.

As a non-denominational minister since becoming ordained in 1993, I have officiated at hundreds of weddings now, both traditional and interfaith. No pre-marital counseling is required. My residence is across the valley from Amicalola Falls, one of north Georgia's most beautiful state parks, even though it's an Ellijay address. You can have me travel easily to Dawsonville, Dahlonega, Ellijay or any other surrounding town in this area to officiate. ALL couples are welcome including LGBT.

• Woman-owned

• Secular Moments
b2f2c7cc583ffe1e 1426211510948 barbarabycherrylake
barbarafaceshot
Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts
This is the winter robe that I wear although the mantle can be changed to the summer one.
minister pic

55 Reviews for Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts

• M&t

M&T · Getting married on 03/10/2022

Our dream came true...

Rev Barbara Roberts literally helped our dream of "simply" getting married come true.

In the wake of all that's gone wrong in 2020, we realized we just wanted to be married to one another. Not much planning went into the occasion, to be honest. Thankfully, Rev Roberts was incredibly flexible and erased just about everything from her schedule to marry us with very short notice.

We leaned on Rev Roberts for everything from when and where to pick up our marriage license to helping us choose the perfect spot to exchange vows. We decided not to invite a crowd of friends and family because for us - all that mattered was being with one another at that moment.

I simply cannot say enough good things about our day and our experience working with Rev Roberts. We would do it all over again! Above all else, we would recommend requesting Rev Roberts to officiate your special moment, no matter how much planning you want to do.

She made our dream a reality!

Sent on 11/06/2020

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words about my services! I really do appreciate it. Luckily, I have lots of experience at being flexible and was glad I could help you out.

Hayley V. · Getting married on 10/10/2021

Quick and easy ceremony! Just what we wanted!

We are so happy we found Barbara! We decided to elope in the mountains and wanted a simple and easy ceremony. She was quick and responsive in her communications. Her website had great examples of ceremony language which made it easy to put together what we wanted.

Sent on 11/01/2020

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thanks so much Hayley for your great review of my services. I truly do appreciate it and wish you and Michael a long and happy life together.
  • Sierra

Sierra P. · Married on 11/20/2020

Amazing officiant for same sex marriage!

Rev. Barbara was the best officiant of our same sex wedding. We eloped in the blue ridge mountains and we’re worried that we wouldn’t find anyone we felt comfortable with marrying us. Rev. Barbara made all of those worries go away. She was thorough, patient and kind. We would recommend her to anyone looking to getting married in a cabin in the mountains.

Sent on 11/22/2020

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you ladies for the review of my services. You two were definitely out in the woods for this wedding! That's the first time I've ever had to take Forest Service Road 339 to get to a site - I thought I was never going to find it. But it was a beautiful spot and the weather couldn't have been nicer!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts Pricing

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts Price Rates

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services?
    $ 250.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price?
    Ceremony Rehearsal
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 150.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?
    $ 100.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?
    $ 200.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What services do you provide?
    Allow Couples' Own Vows
    Licensed
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Agnostic
    Jewish
    No Denomination
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
    30-60 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    GA
  • What languages do you speak?
    English

• 411 Angel Drive, (Across the valley from Amicalola Falls) Ellijay, 30536 See on map
    Location of (Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts)