Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts

Ellijay, GA View map
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$250 Typical Price

Congratulations on your engagement and thanks for visiting my page. My name is Rev. Dr. Barbara Roberts, and I believe that what you say to your beloved at your wedding is important enough to require some thought and effort. You will design your own perfect marriage ceremony, from an intimate wedding with just the two of you, to a gathering of all of your family and friends.

We can meet via phone (1-706-265-7794, e-mail (info@AlternativeWeddingsbyRevRoberts.com) or my website (AlternativeWeddingsbyRevRoberts.com) to customize the perfect ceremony that will reflect your own spiritual preference. You can choose one of the ready-made ceremonies from the website, or create your own out of the different parts that are under "Wedding Vows". It will then be personalized, printed up on appropriate paper, and put into a white folder to be used at your wedding. This keepsake copy will then be yours to have after all is said and done.

As a non-denominational minister since becoming ordained in 1993, I have officiated at hundreds of weddings now, both traditional and interfaith. No pre-marital counseling is required. My residence is across the valley from Amicalola Falls, one of north Georgia's most beautiful state parks, even though it's an Ellijay address. You can have me travel easily to Dawsonville, Dahlonega, Ellijay or any other surrounding town in this area to officiate. ALL couples are welcome including LGBT.

• Woman-owned

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$250

Which of the following are included in the price?

Ceremony Rehearsal

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$150

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$100

What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?

$200

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Vow Renewal
Civil Union
Single Religion

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Licensed

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Jewish
No Denomination

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.
30-60 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

GA

What languages do you speak?

English

• M&t
    M&T Married on 03/10/2022

Our dream came true...

Rev Barbara Roberts literally helped our dream of "simply" getting married come true.

In the wake of all that's gone wrong in 2020, we realized we just wanted to be married to one another. Not much planning went into the occasion, to be honest. Thankfully, Rev Roberts was incredibly flexible and erased just about everything from her schedule to marry us with very short notice.

We leaned on Rev Roberts for everything from when and where to pick up our marriage license to helping us choose the perfect spot to exchange vows. We decided not to invite a crowd of friends and family because for us - all that mattered was being with one another at that moment.

I simply cannot say enough good things about our day and our experience working with Rev Roberts. We would do it all over again! Above all else, we would recommend requesting Rev Roberts to officiate your special moment, no matter how much planning you want to do.

She made our dream a reality!

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words about my services! I really do appreciate it. Luckily, I have lots of experience at being flexible and was glad I could help you out.
    Tammy Married on 10/26/2021

Great experience!!

Barbara is so nice, patient, and thoughtful!! Highly recommend!!

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you so much for the great recommendation. I'm glad the wedding turned out great in spite of the rain!
    Laura D. Married on 10/21/2021

A Night to Remember

Rev. Roberts truly made the night for my wedding. Thru the entire process she was so understanding and helpful. If I had any questions what so ever she was there to answer them and since we did a handfasting ceremony she worked with me about adding things here and taking things out there. She truly made my night. I high recommend her to anyone having a wedding.

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Laura. I really appreciate it. Though we had a few bumps in the road, the wedding went well.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Pricing

411 Angel Drive, (Across the valley from Amicalola Falls) Ellijay, GA, 30536
Location of (Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts)

Other vendors in Atlanta for your wedding