35 Reviews for Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts

Customized Vows (4)
Interfaith Ceremony (1)
Agnostic (1)
35 Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts Reviews

Rev. Barbara Roberts officiated my mothers celebration of life event...I was told by everyone in attendance that it was so perfectly fitting. She helped with the wording of Eulogy, poems, and Benediction....Although, this is not her area of normal officiating, I cannot imagine leaving such an important event for anyone else to lead....I recommend her, and will definitely use her for my wedding day...

Profile Picture Suzette, 12/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Unique Services (Other)

If you're looking for someone who knows what they're doing, is helpful and kind and flexible, call Rev. Roberts. You won't regret it.

Profile Picture Katie, 11/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Great experience! Barbara was very accommodating and easy to talk to!

Photo for Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts Review
Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/31/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious, No Denomination

Rev. Roberts is awesome! We was very kind and professional at all times. She did a beautiful job with our wedding, looked over our vows for us, and we even got a print out of our ceremony!

Photo for Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts Review
Profile Picture Jessica, 10/17/17, 1 Review
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows, Non-religious

Barbra was a pleasure to work with! the ceremony was beautiful! thank you again for a wonderful wedding ceremony!

Profile Picture Brett, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Barbara is very personable, reliable and a kind soul. My partner, our dog and I felt very comfortable with her. We basically just wanted to sign the papers to make it official and didn't want a ceremony. We got married at Amicalola Falls by her house which was beautiful and peaceful. Definitely recommend Rev Barbara Roberts!

Profile Picture Liv, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Roberts was great to work with! Choosing the date was very spontaneous and had a short timeline due to my husband's availability. The plans came together quickly. The ceremony was unique, beautiful and intimate at the bottom of the Falls which is exactly what I was wanting. Rev. Roberts brought just the right amount of tradition and uniqueness to this very special day! Thank you ever so much for a perfect ceremony.

Profile Picture Carol, 8/24/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious, No Denomination, Customized Vows

Barbara was excellent. We met with her in person before the ceremony to discuss everything at Ammicolola Falls resort. We had to change our plans due to the rain and she was very accommodating. Would highly recommend her. Very warm, friendly and professional.

Profile Picture Erika, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

For our 30th wedding anniversary I chose to surprise my wife with a vow renewal which included hand fasting vows. It is exactly what my wife hoped l would do. At our 20 the Anversery we renewed our vows with our kids and friends present. We had discussed at that time how a more personal ceremony with just the two of us would really be nice and more relaxed. I chose to have our renewal at a cabin in the mountains. My wife and I feel at peace there so I felt it would be a perfect place. Reverend Roberts services made it possible to set up the perfect surprise. She was flexible with the time showed up promptly. I had proposed the renewal to my wife early in the day which brought an overwhelming amount of joyous tears. We spent the morning choosing music to play in the background while Reverend Roberts performed the ceremony. She did a wonderful job and even teared up along with us. We couldn't have asked for more.

Profile Picture Daniel, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Dr. Barbara Roberts is such a pleasure. She made our intimate cabin wedding ceremony perfect. What attracted us to her was her professionalism and kindness. I loved that she supported our ideas for our ceremony and we were able to incorporate our own personal vows as well all while using her examples as a guideline. She was more than happy to make any changes needed which made our day stress free, intimate and lovely. We made the best decision by choosing her as our officiant for a day we will never forget! Janice and David

Profile Picture Janice, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Barbara was very easy to talk to and her experience for venues around Georgia was very helpful. She made the experience calming and sincere. I would highly recommend her services for an intimate ceremony. We loved her! Robin

Profile Picture User7343418, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Unique Services (Other)

Where can we start? Rev. Barbara Roberts performed our elopement ceremony and we were very pleased! From the time that I first e-mailed her, through the date of the wedding, she kept in contact with me elimitating some of my pre-wedding stresses. And, she made both my partner and I very comfortable during our ceremony. If you're looking for a personable Officiant, who will go above and beyond, Rev. Roberts is your lady! We can't thank her enough for her services and hope that you too have the same experience with her.

Regards,

John-M. (and Ben) :-)

Profile Picture John-Michael, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We had an absolutely wonderful experience with Barbara. She was very professional and helpful during the planning process, and she also had a very personal, warm touch that made dealing with her a pleasure. She is very communicative and responsive and is there to help in any way to help you build the perfect ceremony and met with us two times to prepare. She also has some ceremony examples to get your creativity flowing or if you would rather use something already created. We wrote our own, which was quite unique, and she was encouraging and accepting of it. We really enjoyed getting to know Barbara, and she helped counsel us on wedding traditions and ideas and used her vast experience to help us make our big day even better. Having her with us during this big event was wonderful, and we enjoyed her being there to join us as well as visiting with her after the ceremony. This was an overall fantastic experience with a very knowledgeable and professional individual, and we could not recommend her more for your special day.

Profile Picture User6739479, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Non-religious, No Denomination

Jones Harrison Wedding
Montaluce Winery
March 20, 2016

Our wedding was officiated by Rev. Barbara Roberts at Montaluce Winery on the day of the Spring Equinox in 2016. Barbara helped us plan the ceremony and our personalized vows. The wedding, attended by our children and close friends, was picture perfect outside on the top balcony overlooking the vineyard. The vines were also announcing the first day of Spring with their tender leaves just beginning to show.

The date was chosen to signify a “new beginning” for us and in our lives. To further embrace the annual revival of emerging nature in the North Georgia Mountains, we concluded our ceremony with a Cherokee Indian prayer asking for the blessings of the elements of fire, water, air, and earth.

As Rev. Roberts recited this prayer, miraculously, the heavens opened, and the elements appeared – wind, lightning, thunder, rain, hail and snow, all within a matter of minutes. Despite the inclement conditions and because of the timely presence of the elements, our union was blessed in a most spectacular fashion. Rev. Roberts with her robe flowing in the wind appeared as a prophet of old leaning into the wind-driven rain, ice and snow to declare us man and wife. A wonderful memory and glorious start to our marriage. Thank you, Barbara!

Profile Picture Jarell, 3/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Barbara was wonderful for us to work with; she helped me with planning where to have the ceremony; and made it simple, as I had requested. She worked well with our small children, and did an excellent job.

Profile Picture User6475624, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Barbara Roberts is an amazing woman!! I'm so glad we found her to officiate our " last minute wedding ceremony!!"
She is very professional, and fun!! She helped us with our vows, and even braved the unusual , snow showers and blustery day, in the mountains of Georgia, to make this a memorable day for us!!!
We highly recommend Barbara, to anyone, for any type of wedding venue/ceremony!!! Thank you so much , for uniting us in marriage, and sharing our special day !!!

Profile Picture Trish (Burchette), 2/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Revered Dr Barbara Roberts was amazing. Her demeanor is so welcoming and open that it feels like meeting an old friend. She could not have been more patient or flexible. Her reading voice is lovely -- perfect benevolent gravitas. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Lisa, 12/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I wanted someone that could easily handle our mixed view wedding. My family is very southern Baptist and his was not religious. I wanted something that was more spiritual and about us and the world around us than about a sermon. Rev. Roberts was amazing. She met with us before the wedding to help create our vows and made it easy. Our wedding ceremony was a hit, everyone thought it was beautiful. I would definitely recommend Rev. Roberts as she was very pleasant to work with, affordable, and took the time to get to know us as a couple. We are so thankful to have found her.

Profile Picture Dana, 10/17/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious, Agnostic, No Denomination

The ceremony Barbara conducted for us was wonderful. She has a very fun energetic personality and her website made the selection process very easy.

Profile Picture Jesse, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Barbra was amazing and the vows were absolutely wonderful, I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Profile Picture allie, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Roberts was awesome. She gives you a list to choose from her website to customize your vows. She's also really good at getting back to you when you need her.

Profile Picture Paige, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Barbara was such a pleasure. She did a great job with our ceremony.

Profile Picture Deana, 7/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Barbara was wonderful to work with from the very start. She was helpful and easy going. Very knowledgeable. She went out of her way to make things perfect for us, even going above and beyond to help us with photos. Highly recommend her services! You won't be disappointed

Profile Picture Stacey, 7/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Reverend Roberts performed a very nice ceremony for our wedding. She has a warm inviting character that kept us comfortable the whole time. She even extended her help to take some photos until our photographer showed up which we greatly appreciated.

Profile Picture Ray, 7/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Barbara, was very accommodating to the bride & groom.

Profile Picture Jamie, 7/4/15, 1 Review