Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• M&t
    M&T Married on 03/10/2022

Our dream came true...

Rev Barbara Roberts literally helped our dream of "simply" getting married come true.

In the wake of all that's gone wrong in 2020, we realized we just wanted to be married to one another. Not much planning went into the occasion, to be honest. Thankfully, Rev Roberts was incredibly flexible and erased just about everything from her schedule to marry us with very short notice.

We leaned on Rev Roberts for everything from when and where to pick up our marriage license to helping us choose the perfect spot to exchange vows. We decided not to invite a crowd of friends and family because for us - all that mattered was being with one another at that moment.

I simply cannot say enough good things about our day and our experience working with Rev Roberts. We would do it all over again! Above all else, we would recommend requesting Rev Roberts to officiate your special moment, no matter how much planning you want to do.

She made our dream a reality!

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words about my services! I really do appreciate it. Luckily, I have lots of experience at being flexible and was glad I could help you out.
    Tammy Married on 10/26/2021

Great experience!!

Barbara is so nice, patient, and thoughtful!! Highly recommend!!

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you so much for the great recommendation. I'm glad the wedding turned out great in spite of the rain!
    Laura D. Married on 10/21/2021

A Night to Remember

Rev. Roberts truly made the night for my wedding. Thru the entire process she was so understanding and helpful. If I had any questions what so ever she was there to answer them and since we did a handfasting ceremony she worked with me about adding things here and taking things out there. She truly made my night. I high recommend her to anyone having a wedding.

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Laura. I really appreciate it. Though we had a few bumps in the road, the wedding went well.
  • Russ
    Russ Married on 07/12/2021

Rain on your outdoor wedding day? No worries with Barbara

Barbara was unquestionably the right choice for our wedding. We wanted a simple, stress free, wedding with no guests. And since we both love nature and the outdoors, we wanted our wedding down an easy trail by a rushing creek in the foothills of North Georgia near where we now live. Her detailed and helpful website gave us all the ideas we needed for a simple, but touching ceremony with the perfect mix of traditional and contemporary. Being an outdoor wedding, on a trail, with a short hike, in July, in Georgia, we had to be super flexible about the weather to dodge those summertime showers. Yes, it rained on our wedding day, but thankfully, there was a long enough dry period where we could pull it off -- and the aroma of the forest after a good rain was perfect. We are so happy that Barbara had her hiking boots ready to go at a moment’s notice to make that rainy July day the best day of our lives.
    Russ & Elizabeth

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Yes, it was kind of touch and go there for awhile but the rain Gods smiled upon us and let us do our thing! It sure was a beautiful place for a wedding and I enjoyed the "trip" to it.
    Kayla M. Married on 05/23/2021

Wedding officiant

My now husband and I reached out to Rev. Roberts to officiate our wedding back in May. Rev Roberts was quick to respond and very knowledgeable! You can tell this is not just a job for her and that she truly enjoys what she does! She is very professional and easy to work with! Her website also offers a lot of helpful information. Rev. Roberts did such a beautiful job officiating our wedding and even provided us with a beautiful printed copy if our vows! I highly recommend her to anyone in need of an officiant!

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Kayla thank you so much for your kind words and for posting the picture of your marvelous Flower Man on the review! Yours was a fun wedding, not the least of which was because of his "actions."
  • Howard
    Howard A. Married on 05/21/2021

"A Great Personalized Ceremony"

Reverend Barbara Roberts has great energy with an amazing amount of warmth and compassion. She led us first through what was needed for the ceremony and then through it with ease and an understanding of love. Prior to meeting her she presented the
    options and possibilities for this occasion. After talking and meeting her, everything flowed perfectly.
    We had a choice of formats for our ceremonies. Our outdoor wedding in nature, was ours and we got exactly what we wanted. Look at her website. it is thorough and complete for all choices and needs!!!
    So, whatever your choice of wedding, traditional or alternative, give Reverend Roberts a call, shoot her a email and see for yourself!!!! We were ecstatically happy with ours. She is the exemplary Wedding Whisperer!!!!

Howard & David

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Wow, that's a new one - Wedding Whisperer! I like it and greatly appreciate the lovely words. You two were wonderful to work with and I wish all my weddings could be so easy. Thanks so much!
    Meredith P. Married on 04/05/2021

Kind and Responsive

We planned our wedding in a short amount of time and Rev. Roberts responded to my emails quickly and with lots of patience and helpful information. She was knowledgeable and prompt on the day of the wedding. I highly recommend!

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I appreciate the review you gave me and was happy to help you have the best day for your wedding. Many blessings to you both!
    Jennifer D. Married on 03/06/2021

Wedding Ceremony

Reverend Roberts was absolutely amazing to work with from the first contact through our ceremony. She offered guidance and advice when it came to how we wanted our ceremony to flow. She was extremely flexible with our schedule the day of. All interactions with her were amazing and she was the perfect person to marry us. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Jennifer you are so sweet to write such kind words about me, I really do appreciate it and hope the two of you have a great rest of your life together! -Barbara
  • Sierra
    Sierra P. Married on 11/20/2020

Amazing officiant for same sex marriage!

Rev. Barbara was the best officiant of our same sex wedding. We eloped in the blue ridge mountains and we’re worried that we wouldn’t find anyone we felt comfortable with marrying us. Rev. Barbara made all of those worries go away. She was thorough, patient and kind. We would recommend her to anyone looking to getting married in a cabin in the mountains.

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you ladies for the review of my services. You two were definitely out in the woods for this wedding! That's the first time I've ever had to take Forest Service Road 339 to get to a site - I thought I was never going to find it. But it was a beautiful spot and the weather couldn't have been nicer!
  • Christine
    Christine D. Married on 11/14/2020

Professional and accommodating

Rev. Barbara Roberts was incredibly professional and was very knowledgeable throughout the entire experience. We were able to book her to officiate our wedding with ease through her website. She provided many options as far as ceremony styles and content. We were able to narrow down to a style we liked and wanted a bible verse at the end and she was more than accommodating to do so. The best part about booking Rev. Roberts is her communication! She will get back to you promptly and answer any questions you may have. Because of her professionalism I had no doubts of what our ceremony would like. I knew it was exactly what we wanted and she made that happen! Highly recommend!

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Christine you are so sweet to say that about my services. You were a joy to work with as well, getting your choice of ceremony to me in plenty of time for me to prepare it for you. Thank you so much for that and for being so prompt in writing a review. I didn't expect you to do it on your Honeymoon! Have a great life together!
    Grace W. Married on 11/11/2020

Amazing!!!!

Rev. Dr. Roberts was absolutely amazing! She made all our wishes and dreams come true! We had such a magical night. It was everything we ever wanted in our wedding! I would recommend to anyone, especially the LGBTQ+ couples!! Thank you so much Rev. Roberts!!!

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

You are so sweet to write such a kind review of my services! I'm so glad I could actually make it to the wedding in time and that everything went well in spite of my challenges.
    Hayley V. Married on 10/22/2020

Quick and easy ceremony! Just what we wanted!

We are so happy we found Barbara! We decided to elope in the mountains and wanted a simple and easy ceremony. She was quick and responsive in her communications. Her website had great examples of ceremony language which made it easy to put together what we wanted.

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thanks so much Hayley for your great review of my services. I truly do appreciate it and wish you and Michael a long and happy life together.
  • Danielle
    Danielle M. Married on 10/10/2020

Beautiful & Amazing

Barbara was so kind and sweet. She reminded me of my husband grandmther who past last year and really hit me when I met her. She was really everything we needed and was so easy going and amazing.

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I take it as a huge compliment to know I remind you of your husband's grandmother! She must have been a very special person to you. Thanks so much for the sweet review of my services.
    Erica A. Married on 09/10/2020

Truly Personal Experience

Rev. Roberts did a wonderful job officiating our wedding!

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thanks Erica for helping me find a new place to have small weddings at Amicalola Falls State Park. Where we had your wedding is perfect for future ones with just the couple and me. I appreciate your review as well. Wishing you all the best!
  • Melissa
    Melissa Married on 07/31/2020

Fantastic Officiant

We used Rev Roberts for our wedding and she did a fantastic job. She was easy to work with, quick to respond, and helped customize our service to be exactly what we wanted. The day of the wedding she showed up with plenty of time to spare and did a wonderful job performing the ceremony. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

You are so sweet Melissa to write such kind words! It was a pleasure to officiate your wedding after the bleakness of the proceeding months. July made up for it with six weddings for me to do!
    Bianca S. Married on 07/11/2020

Our experience with Rev. Roberts

Rev. Roberts was very helpful from the very first email. She made our day more than special. She went above and beyond the service we originally requested.

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Bianca I really appreciate your writing a review for me. We had fun that day and were blessed with a beautiful cool morning!
    Mary C. Married on 02/29/2020

Great experience

Our marriage was made easy, stress free and exactly what we wanted! We would highly recommend

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I really appreciate your taking the time to give me a review. May you be richly blessed in your new life together!
  • Victoria
    Victoria V. Married on 10/06/2019

Wonderful!

Rev Robert's is such a bright soul and a very experienced person to have at your ceremony.

She arrived early and even assisted in helping the girls and I get ready. She also went over the ceremony with the best man and made sure he knew what he was doing.

She was very responsive, her reading was beautiful and calming and I felt very comfortable with her handling our paperwork.

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you so much Victoria for your sweet review of my services. It's always a pleasure to officiate at happy occasions like weddings and yours turned out beautifully. Best wishes to you and Matthew in your new life together!
    Jill K. Married on 08/23/2019

Lovely Service!

Rev. Roberts did a beautiful job with our commitment ceremony. She helped guide us in picking out just the perfect vows and poetry. She was always responsive to questions and very lovely to work with. Thanks Rev. Roberts!

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I really appreciate the great review you wrote Jill. It was a pleasure to work with the two of you as well.
  • Jean
    Jean R. Married on 05/13/2019

Our wedding at Amicola Falls with Rev Barbara Roberts

It was an excellent experience. She was warm and friendly. She was well prepared and gave us flexibility in our vows. She presented us with a copy of our vows in a beautiful folder.

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Hi Jean - it's good to hear from you! I hope you and Jim are having a wonderful time in your married life. Thank you for writing a review for me and being so gracious. I really appreciate it! -Barbara
    Brian N. Married on 04/22/2019

Truly wonderful ceremony!

Rev. Barbara performed our ceremony at Amicalola Falls. Communication was great and she was super flexible and accommodating. She performed our ceremony at the Appalachian Trail arch, near the visitors center, just prior to us starting our Appalachian Trail thru-hike. We couldn't ask for anything more!

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I really appreciate your nice review, especially since it was done while hiking the Appalachian Trail! Technology comes in handy sometimes. Thanks so much!
    Dj E Married on 01/01/2019

Joan and Dale

Barbara was extremely accommodating and considerate to all our needs. It was very low key, no pressure, and just what we wanted. I would highly recommend Barbara’s service to anyone.

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I was so pleased that the weather co-operated with us and the rain held off so that we could use your beautiful waterfall back yard as a background. Thanks for your kind review and enjoy your new life together!
  • Lena
    Lena Married on 10/19/2018

Wonderful!

Reverend Roberts was awesome! She was very patient with us deciding at the last minute where we were going to do our ceremony at Amicalola Falls. It was a beautiful ceremony! I would recommend her 100%! Thank you Rev. Roberts!!!!!

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I'm so glad you changed the time of your wedding to earlier in the day! The weather when we had it was perfect, but later would not have been. I'm always happy to accommodate people whenever I can so I appreciate your lovely review of my services. I hope you have a wonderful life together!
    Monica Married on 10/17/2018

Perfect experience

Rev Dr Barbara Roberts was exactly what we were looking for in having a casual, intimate ceremony in a scenic setting. She was able to meet us and our puppy at Amicalola Falls on shorter notice of planning, AND by sunrise! We corresponded seamlessly through email, and she was prompt and precise in making sure that everything was just the way we wanted. (We had fun choosing just the right words for our vows from her website!) Barbara was warm, kind, and professional, and we are so grateful for all of her help in making such a special memory for us. We would highly recommend her to anyone, as she can do it all!

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I always love doing weddings that are different, and yours fit that description. Thank you for the review and may the three of you have a wonderful life together! -Rev. Roberts
    Nicole Married on 09/08/2018
    Rev. Robert's was great to work with. Her website made it a breeze for us to put our ceremony together. She made it such a laid back and easy experience! We got to custom make our ceremony and everything went perfectly smoothly on the big day. She was a pleasure to work with!

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I'm so glad the weather cooperated on your special day! Thanks for the lovely review and I hope you have a wonderful life together in the future.