Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts Reviews

39 | Ellijay, GA

39 Reviews for Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts

39 Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts Reviews

Nicole · Married on 09/08/2018

Rev. Robert's was great to work with. Her website made it a breeze for us to put our ceremony together. She made it such a laid back and easy experience! We got to custom make our ceremony and everything went perfectly smoothly on the big day. She was a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I'm so glad the weather cooperated on your special day! Thanks for the lovely review and I hope you have a wonderful life together in the future.

Sandra · Married on 09/03/2018

Reverend Roberts was fantasic! She helped me out when I needed a hand, and I loved that! Was very calm and helped me not get panicky, which is what I do. Thank you for being so amazing Barbara :)

Sent on 09/12/2018

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind remarks. I'm always glad to do whatever I can to make my couples at ease on their special day. -Rev. Roberts

T · Married on 04/11/2018

Rev. Barbara Roberts is the best!! We were so very happy with every aspect of our dealing with Barbara from our first phone call to the completion of the ceremony!! We could not be more pleased!! Barbara made everything so easy and was very accommodating. We appreciate you more than you'll ever know!!!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I'm so glad I could help you guys out, even if you did call the day before. :-) It turned out to be beautiful and I was happy to officiate your wedding. Thanks for the kind words.

Suzette · Married on 12/03/2017

Rev. Barbara Roberts officiated my mothers celebration of life event...I was told by everyone in attendance that it was so perfectly fitting. She helped with the wording of Eulogy, poems, and Benediction....Although, this is not her area of normal officiating, I cannot imagine leaving such an important event for anyone else to lead....I recommend her, and will definitely use her for my wedding day...

Sent on 12/05/2017

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

You are so sweet to write such kind words about me Suzi. Even though I was a little nervous about doing a Memorial Service, I think it turned out very well and was absolutely lovely.

Jennifer · Married on 10/31/2017

Great experience! Barbara was very accommodating and easy to talk to!

Sent on 10/31/2017
    Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts 1

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thanks so much for the review, Jennifer. It was so neat to have a little fun with it being on Halloween. Even ministers can be a little devilish sometimes! -Barbara

Jessica · Married on 10/17/2017

Rev. Roberts is awesome! We was very kind and professional at all times. She did a beautiful job with our wedding, looked over our vows for us, and we even got a print out of our ceremony!

Sent on 10/20/2017
    Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts 2

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I really appreciate your taking the time from your newly-married busy life to write a review for me. And you included a picture too! Wow, thank you so much! -Rev. Roberts

Brett · Married on 10/14/2017

Barbra was a pleasure to work with! the ceremony was beautiful! thank you again for a wonderful wedding ceremony!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you Brett, for taking the time from your busy newly married life to write a review for me. I really do appreciate it!

Liv · Married on 09/22/2017

Rev. Barbara is very personable, reliable and a kind soul. My partner, our dog and I felt very comfortable with her. We basically just wanted to sign the papers to make it official and didn't want a ceremony. We got married at Amicalola Falls by her house which was beautiful and peaceful. Definitely recommend Rev Barbara Roberts!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review. It was a beautiful day for a wedding, even if it was a quickie. I loved your "witness" Maggie who came with you!

Carol · Married on 08/24/2017

Rev. Roberts was great to work with! Choosing the date was very spontaneous and had a short timeline due to my husband's availability. The plans came together quickly. The ceremony was unique, beautiful and intimate at the bottom of the Falls which is exactly what I was wanting. Rev. Roberts brought just the right amount of tradition and uniqueness to this very special day! Thank you ever so much for a perfect ceremony.

Sent on 08/30/2017

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank YOU, Carol for being so flexible and working around all the parameters. I was honored to do your wedding and it turned out to be very beautiful indeed!

Erika · Married on 07/15/2017

Barbara was excellent. We met with her in person before the ceremony to discuss everything at Ammicolola Falls resort. We had to change our plans due to the rain and she was very accommodating. Would highly recommend her. Very warm, friendly and professional.

Sent on 07/17/2017

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review, Erika. The wedding turned out beautifully in spite of the rain and having to move it indoors. Flexibility is key!

Daniel · Married on 05/28/2017

For our 30th wedding anniversary I chose to surprise my wife with a vow renewal which included hand fasting vows. It is exactly what my wife hoped l would do. At our 20 the Anversery we renewed our vows with our kids and friends present. We had discussed at that time how a more personal ceremony with just the two of us would really be nice and more relaxed. I chose to have our renewal at a cabin in the mountains. My wife and I feel at peace there so I felt it would be a perfect place. Reverend Roberts services made it possible to set up the perfect surprise. She was flexible with the time showed up promptly. I had proposed the renewal to my wife early in the day which brought an overwhelming amount of joyous tears. We spent the morning choosing music to play in the background while Reverend Roberts performed the ceremony. She did a wonderful job and even teared up along with us. We couldn't have asked for more.

Sent on 08/07/2017

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

That really was a beautiful ceremony for me as well and I was so honored to be a part of such a special day with the two of you.

Janice · Married on 10/29/2016

Rev. Dr. Barbara Roberts is such a pleasure. She made our intimate cabin wedding ceremony perfect. What attracted us to her was her professionalism and kindness. I loved that she supported our ideas for our ceremony and we were able to incorporate our own personal vows as well all while using her examples as a guideline. She was more than happy to make any changes needed which made our day stress free, intimate and lovely. We made the best decision by choosing her as our officiant for a day we will never forget! Janice and David

Sent on 12/01/2016

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you so much for your review of my services. I appreciate your taking the time to do so and for all the kind words. May your marriage be long and healthy!

robin · Married on 10/21/2016

Barbara was very easy to talk to and her experience for venues around Georgia was very helpful. She made the experience calming and sincere. I would highly recommend her services for an intimate ceremony. We loved her! Robin

Sent on 10/24/2016

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind review, Robin. I'm so glad the weather worked out for your wedding and I thought the Reflection Pond was the perfect place for it. I wish you the best in your future life together! -Barbara

John-Michael · Married on 07/16/2016

Where can we start? Rev. Barbara Roberts performed our elopement ceremony and we were very pleased! From the time that I first e-mailed her, through the date of the wedding, she kept in contact with me elimitating some of my pre-wedding stresses. And, she made both my partner and I very comfortable during our ceremony. If you're looking for a personable Officiant, who will go above and beyond, Rev. Roberts is your lady! We can't thank her enough for her services and hope that you too have the same experience with her.

Regards,

John-M. (and Ben) :-)

Sent on 07/17/2016

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words! I appreciate it very much. I hope you two have a great life together now that you can legally be married. Take care - Barbara

We had an absolutely wonderful experience with Barbara. She was very professional and helpful during the planning process, and she also had a very personal, warm touch that made dealing with her a pleasure. She is very communicative and responsive and is there to help in any way to help you build the perfect ceremony and met with us two times to prepare. She also has some ceremony examples to get your creativity flowing or if you would rather use something already created. We wrote our own, which was quite unique, and she was encouraging and accepting of it. We really enjoyed getting to know Barbara, and she helped counsel us on wedding traditions and ideas and used her vast experience to help us make our big day even better. Having her with us during this big event was wonderful, and we enjoyed her being there to join us as well as visiting with her after the ceremony. This was an overall fantastic experience with a very knowledgeable and professional individual, and we could not recommend her more for your special day.

Sent on 05/20/2016

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thanks so much Lia for your kind words. Your wedding will be one that I remember for years to come, maybe because of doing the "rehearsal" by the Coke and ice machines in the hallway of Amicalola Lodge. Y'all were so flexible and understanding, and a pleasure to do business with. -Barbara

Jarell · Married on 03/20/2016

Jones Harrison Wedding
    Montaluce Winery
    March 20, 2016

Our wedding was officiated by Rev. Barbara Roberts at Montaluce Winery on the day of the Spring Equinox in 2016. Barbara helped us plan the ceremony and our personalized vows. The wedding, attended by our children and close friends, was picture perfect outside on the top balcony overlooking the vineyard. The vines were also announcing the first day of Spring with their tender leaves just beginning to show.

The date was chosen to signify a “new beginning” for us and in our lives. To further embrace the annual revival of emerging nature in the North Georgia Mountains, we concluded our ceremony with a Cherokee Indian prayer asking for the blessings of the elements of fire, water, air, and earth.

As Rev. Roberts recited this prayer, miraculously, the heavens opened, and the elements appeared – wind, lightning, thunder, rain, hail and snow, all within a matter of minutes. Despite the inclement conditions and because of the timely presence of the elements, our union was blessed in a most spectacular fashion. Rev. Roberts with her robe flowing in the wind appeared as a prophet of old leaning into the wind-driven rain, ice and snow to declare us man and wife. A wonderful memory and glorious start to our marriage. Thank you, Barbara!

Sent on 02/07/2018

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Yes, Jarrell, your wedding did have its share of challenges! But it was a beautiful ceremony and I enjoyed meeting your family and friends. May you have a long and peaceful life together from here on out.

Barbara was wonderful for us to work with; she helped me with planning where to have the ceremony; and made it simple, as I had requested. She worked well with our small children, and did an excellent job.

Sent on 03/12/2016

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words. Amicalola Falls is my favorite place to have weddings since it is my backyard, literally. I'm so glad the weather was kind to us as well. Overall, it turned out to be a lovely day.

Trish (Burchette) · Married on 02/09/2016

Barbara Roberts is an amazing woman!! I'm so glad we found her to officiate our " last minute wedding ceremony!!"
    She is very professional, and fun!! She helped us with our vows, and even braved the unusual , snow showers and blustery day, in the mountains of Georgia, to make this a memorable day for us!!!
    We highly recommend Barbara, to anyone, for any type of wedding venue/ceremony!!! Thank you so much , for uniting us in marriage, and sharing our special day !!!

Sent on 03/01/2016

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thanks so much Trish for the nice review of my services. It was touch and go for awhile to see if we could pull it off, but your persistence paid off and it was good to go. I appreciate your flexibility and enjoyed you two as a couple. Have a wonderful life together!

Lisa · Married on 12/23/2015

Revered Dr Barbara Roberts was amazing. Her demeanor is so welcoming and open that it feels like meeting an old friend. She could not have been more patient or flexible. Her reading voice is lovely -- perfect benevolent gravitas. Highly recommend.

Sent on 12/24/2015

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Lisa, I'm sorry the weather didn't allow us to have the wedding at Amicalola Falls, but I'm glad you found my humble home a viable substitute. Thanks for the kind words in your review and may you have a long and lasting marriage. -Barbara

Dana · Married on 10/17/2015

I wanted someone that could easily handle our mixed view wedding. My family is very southern Baptist and his was not religious. I wanted something that was more spiritual and about us and the world around us than about a sermon. Rev. Roberts was amazing. She met with us before the wedding to help create our vows and made it easy. Our wedding ceremony was a hit, everyone thought it was beautiful. I would definitely recommend Rev. Roberts as she was very pleasant to work with, affordable, and took the time to get to know us as a couple. We are so thankful to have found her.

Sent on 12/13/2015

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you Dana for the kind words. It is always a pleasure to work with people who want something different from the traditional ceremony. It makes my job fun and rewarding and I'm glad I could share in your special day.

Jesse · Married on 09/05/2015

The ceremony Barbara conducted for us was wonderful. She has a very fun energetic personality and her website made the selection process very easy.

allie · Married on 08/22/2015

Barbra was amazing and the vows were absolutely wonderful, I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thanks so much for your review, Allie. I enjoyed working with you and Josh and I think everyone liked the ceremony too. Several of the folks came up to me afterward and said how lovely it was. Have a great life together! -Barbara

Paige · Married on 07/11/2015

Rev. Roberts was awesome. She gives you a list to choose from her website to customize your vows. She's also really good at getting back to you when you need her.

Sent on 07/12/2015

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you so much for the quick response, Paige. I really do appreciate it and am so glad y'all were still there when I went back to pick up the camera that I had forgotten. I've got to start just putting it in my car as soon as I have taken pictures with it. Thanks again.

Deana · Married on 07/10/2015

Barbara was such a pleasure. She did a great job with our ceremony.

Sent on 07/13/2015

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I appreciate the kind words, Deana, and I loved the Wedding Crasher we had at your wedding. That was the funniest thing when Lucy the dog swam across the river to join us. Must have been good vibes!

Stacey · Married on 07/08/2015

Barbara was wonderful to work with from the very start. She was helpful and easy going. Very knowledgeable. She went out of her way to make things perfect for us, even going above and beyond to help us with photos. Highly recommend her services! You won't be disappointed

Sent on 07/10/2015

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you Stacey for the lovely review. It was a pleasure to work with you and Ryan and I hope you'll be coming back to the North Georgia mountains area again soon.