Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts Reviews

55 Reviews for Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts

• M&t

M&T · Getting married on 03/10/2022

Our dream came true...

Rev Barbara Roberts literally helped our dream of "simply" getting married come true.

In the wake of all that's gone wrong in 2020, we realized we just wanted to be married to one another. Not much planning went into the occasion, to be honest. Thankfully, Rev Roberts was incredibly flexible and erased just about everything from her schedule to marry us with very short notice.

We leaned on Rev Roberts for everything from when and where to pick up our marriage license to helping us choose the perfect spot to exchange vows. We decided not to invite a crowd of friends and family because for us - all that mattered was being with one another at that moment.

I simply cannot say enough good things about our day and our experience working with Rev Roberts. We would do it all over again! Above all else, we would recommend requesting Rev Roberts to officiate your special moment, no matter how much planning you want to do.

She made our dream a reality!

Sent on 11/06/2020

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words about my services! I really do appreciate it. Luckily, I have lots of experience at being flexible and was glad I could help you out.

Hayley V. · Getting married on 10/10/2021

Quick and easy ceremony! Just what we wanted!

We are so happy we found Barbara! We decided to elope in the mountains and wanted a simple and easy ceremony. She was quick and responsive in her communications. Her website had great examples of ceremony language which made it easy to put together what we wanted.

Sent on 11/01/2020

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thanks so much Hayley for your great review of my services. I truly do appreciate it and wish you and Michael a long and happy life together.
  • Sierra

Sierra P. · Married on 11/20/2020

Amazing officiant for same sex marriage!

Rev. Barbara was the best officiant of our same sex wedding. We eloped in the blue ridge mountains and we’re worried that we wouldn’t find anyone we felt comfortable with marrying us. Rev. Barbara made all of those worries go away. She was thorough, patient and kind. We would recommend her to anyone looking to getting married in a cabin in the mountains.

Sent on 11/22/2020

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you ladies for the review of my services. You two were definitely out in the woods for this wedding! That's the first time I've ever had to take Forest Service Road 339 to get to a site - I thought I was never going to find it. But it was a beautiful spot and the weather couldn't have been nicer!
  • Christine

Christine D. · Married on 11/14/2020

Professional and accommodating

Rev. Barbara Roberts was incredibly professional and was very knowledgeable throughout the entire experience. We were able to book her to officiate our wedding with ease through her website. She provided many options as far as ceremony styles and content. We were able to narrow down to a style we liked and wanted a bible verse at the end and she was more than accommodating to do so. The best part about booking Rev. Roberts is her communication! She will get back to you promptly and answer any questions you may have. Because of her professionalism I had no doubts of what our ceremony would like. I knew it was exactly what we wanted and she made that happen! Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/16/2020

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Christine you are so sweet to say that about my services. You were a joy to work with as well, getting your choice of ceremony to me in plenty of time for me to prepare it for you. Thank you so much for that and for being so prompt in writing a review. I didn't expect you to do it on your Honeymoon! Have a great life together!

Grace W. · Married on 11/11/2020

Amazing!!!!

Rev. Dr. Roberts was absolutely amazing! She made all our wishes and dreams come true! We had such a magical night. It was everything we ever wanted in our wedding! I would recommend to anyone, especially the LGBTQ+ couples!! Thank you so much Rev. Roberts!!!

Sent on 11/12/2020

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

You are so sweet to write such a kind review of my services! I'm so glad I could actually make it to the wedding in time and that everything went well in spite of my challenges.

Erica A. · Married on 09/10/2020

Truly Personal Experience

Rev. Roberts did a wonderful job officiating our wedding!

Sent on 09/26/2020

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thanks Erica for helping me find a new place to have small weddings at Amicalola Falls State Park. Where we had your wedding is perfect for future ones with just the couple and me. I appreciate your review as well. Wishing you all the best!
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 07/31/2020

Fantastic Officiant

We used Rev Roberts for our wedding and she did a fantastic job. She was easy to work with, quick to respond, and helped customize our service to be exactly what we wanted. The day of the wedding she showed up with plenty of time to spare and did a wonderful job performing the ceremony. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/18/2020

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

You are so sweet Melissa to write such kind words! It was a pleasure to officiate your wedding after the bleakness of the proceeding months. July made up for it with six weddings for me to do!

Bianca S. · Married on 07/11/2020

Our experience with Rev. Roberts

Rev. Roberts was very helpful from the very first email. She made our day more than special. She went above and beyond the service we originally requested.

Sent on 07/17/2020

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Bianca I really appreciate your writing a review for me. We had fun that day and were blessed with a beautiful cool morning!

Mary C. · Married on 02/29/2020

Great experience

Our marriage was made easy, stress free and exactly what we wanted! We would highly recommend

Sent on 03/08/2020

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I really appreciate your taking the time to give me a review. May you be richly blessed in your new life together!
  • Victoria

Victoria V. · Married on 10/06/2019

Wonderful!

Rev Robert's is such a bright soul and a very experienced person to have at your ceremony.

She arrived early and even assisted in helping the girls and I get ready. She also went over the ceremony with the best man and made sure he knew what he was doing.

She was very responsive, her reading was beautiful and calming and I felt very comfortable with her handling our paperwork.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you so much Victoria for your sweet review of my services. It's always a pleasure to officiate at happy occasions like weddings and yours turned out beautifully. Best wishes to you and Matthew in your new life together!

Jill K. · Married on 08/23/2019

Lovely Service!

Rev. Roberts did a beautiful job with our commitment ceremony. She helped guide us in picking out just the perfect vows and poetry. She was always responsive to questions and very lovely to work with. Thanks Rev. Roberts!

Sent on 08/31/2019

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I really appreciate the great review you wrote Jill. It was a pleasure to work with the two of you as well.
  • Jean

Jean R. · Married on 05/13/2019

Our wedding at Amicola Falls with Rev Barbara Roberts

It was an excellent experience. She was warm and friendly. She was well prepared and gave us flexibility in our vows. She presented us with a copy of our vows in a beautiful folder.

Sent on 10/24/2019

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Hi Jean - it's good to hear from you! I hope you and Jim are having a wonderful time in your married life. Thank you for writing a review for me and being so gracious. I really appreciate it! -Barbara

Brian N. · Married on 04/22/2019

Truly wonderful ceremony!

Rev. Barbara performed our ceremony at Amicalola Falls. Communication was great and she was super flexible and accommodating. She performed our ceremony at the Appalachian Trail arch, near the visitors center, just prior to us starting our Appalachian Trail thru-hike. We couldn't ask for anything more!

Sent on 05/03/2019

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I really appreciate your nice review, especially since it was done while hiking the Appalachian Trail! Technology comes in handy sometimes. Thanks so much!

Dj E · Married on 01/01/2019

Joan and Dale

Barbara was extremely accommodating and considerate to all our needs. It was very low key, no pressure, and just what we wanted. I would highly recommend Barbara’s service to anyone.

Sent on 01/16/2019

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I was so pleased that the weather co-operated with us and the rain held off so that we could use your beautiful waterfall back yard as a background. Thanks for your kind review and enjoy your new life together!
  • Lena

Lena · Married on 10/19/2018

Wonderful!

Reverend Roberts was awesome! She was very patient with us deciding at the last minute where we were going to do our ceremony at Amicalola Falls. It was a beautiful ceremony! I would recommend her 100%! Thank you Rev. Roberts!!!!!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I'm so glad you changed the time of your wedding to earlier in the day! The weather when we had it was perfect, but later would not have been. I'm always happy to accommodate people whenever I can so I appreciate your lovely review of my services. I hope you have a wonderful life together!

Monica · Married on 10/17/2018

Perfect experience

Rev Dr Barbara Roberts was exactly what we were looking for in having a casual, intimate ceremony in a scenic setting. She was able to meet us and our puppy at Amicalola Falls on shorter notice of planning, AND by sunrise! We corresponded seamlessly through email, and she was prompt and precise in making sure that everything was just the way we wanted. (We had fun choosing just the right words for our vows from her website!) Barbara was warm, kind, and professional, and we are so grateful for all of her help in making such a special memory for us. We would highly recommend her to anyone, as she can do it all!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I always love doing weddings that are different, and yours fit that description. Thank you for the review and may the three of you have a wonderful life together! -Rev. Roberts

Nicole · Married on 09/08/2018

Rev. Robert's was great to work with. Her website made it a breeze for us to put our ceremony together. She made it such a laid back and easy experience! We got to custom make our ceremony and everything went perfectly smoothly on the big day. She was a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I'm so glad the weather cooperated on your special day! Thanks for the lovely review and I hope you have a wonderful life together in the future.

Sandra · Married on 09/03/2018

Reverend Roberts was fantasic! She helped me out when I needed a hand, and I loved that! Was very calm and helped me not get panicky, which is what I do. Thank you for being so amazing Barbara :)

Sent on 09/12/2018

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind remarks. I'm always glad to do whatever I can to make my couples at ease on their special day. -Rev. Roberts

T · Married on 04/11/2018

Rev. Barbara Roberts is the best!! We were so very happy with every aspect of our dealing with Barbara from our first phone call to the completion of the ceremony!! We could not be more pleased!! Barbara made everything so easy and was very accommodating. We appreciate you more than you'll ever know!!!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I'm so glad I could help you guys out, even if you did call the day before. :-) It turned out to be beautiful and I was happy to officiate your wedding. Thanks for the kind words.

Suzette · Married on 12/03/2017

Rev. Barbara Roberts officiated my mothers celebration of life event...I was told by everyone in attendance that it was so perfectly fitting. She helped with the wording of Eulogy, poems, and Benediction....Although, this is not her area of normal officiating, I cannot imagine leaving such an important event for anyone else to lead....I recommend her, and will definitely use her for my wedding day...

Sent on 12/05/2017

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

You are so sweet to write such kind words about me Suzi. Even though I was a little nervous about doing a Memorial Service, I think it turned out very well and was absolutely lovely.

Jennifer · Married on 10/31/2017

Great experience! Barbara was very accommodating and easy to talk to!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thanks so much for the review, Jennifer. It was so neat to have a little fun with it being on Halloween. Even ministers can be a little devilish sometimes! -Barbara

Jessica · Married on 10/17/2017

Rev. Roberts is awesome! We was very kind and professional at all times. She did a beautiful job with our wedding, looked over our vows for us, and we even got a print out of our ceremony!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I really appreciate your taking the time from your newly-married busy life to write a review for me. And you included a picture too! Wow, thank you so much! -Rev. Roberts

Brett · Married on 10/14/2017

Barbra was a pleasure to work with! the ceremony was beautiful! thank you again for a wonderful wedding ceremony!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you Brett, for taking the time from your busy newly married life to write a review for me. I really do appreciate it!

Liv · Married on 09/22/2017

Rev. Barbara is very personable, reliable and a kind soul. My partner, our dog and I felt very comfortable with her. We basically just wanted to sign the papers to make it official and didn't want a ceremony. We got married at Amicalola Falls by her house which was beautiful and peaceful. Definitely recommend Rev Barbara Roberts!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review. It was a beautiful day for a wedding, even if it was a quickie. I loved your "witness" Maggie who came with you!

Carol · Married on 08/24/2017

Rev. Roberts was great to work with! Choosing the date was very spontaneous and had a short timeline due to my husband's availability. The plans came together quickly. The ceremony was unique, beautiful and intimate at the bottom of the Falls which is exactly what I was wanting. Rev. Roberts brought just the right amount of tradition and uniqueness to this very special day! Thank you ever so much for a perfect ceremony.

Sent on 08/30/2017

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank YOU, Carol for being so flexible and working around all the parameters. I was honored to do your wedding and it turned out to be very beautiful indeed!