Adventure Weddings

• Cassandra
    Cassandra Married on 02/20/2020
    5 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Would do it the exact same way again in a heart beat!

From planning our wedding in Michigan during Coronovirus to arriving in Mexico, to living the day of our wedding our experience with Adventure Weddings at Las Caletas was absolutely amazing and stress free! Wedding Location: Las Caletas.
    My husband and I had never been there but booked because we fell in love with the property and the location. We were able to visit on site on Monday to iron out any specific details and changes for the upcoming wedding on Friday.
    Kharen was our wedding coordinator and was absolutely amazing with communication and organization. We used a google document to stay in contact and plan out the details of the wedding. She was able to answer and accommodate our many changes (due to Covid) and was extremely kind and patient. She also was very direct and made sure the wedding day went smooth and perfect.

December 11, 2020. The Wedding Day!
    I had four girls, my mother in law and myself picked up from Now Amber at 7:30am and brought to Puerto Vallarta Port. We took a Catamaran with the public to Las Caletas. Las Caletas is an adventure destination with many activities and sites but the general public leave in the afternoon so you have the whole area to yourself and wedding guests. Once we were on the catamaran it was about an hour ride until we arrived. Kharen brought us to the bridal sweet where we had breakfast tacos and mimosas. Salvador was our private butler and he was amazing. He was up top of our needs all day. We didn't even have to ask him for anything because he was already there ready for us. After our amazing breakfast (it really was amazing, we all ate at LEAST three tacos) we explored down by the beach and our photographer and videographer captured some candid photos of us girls enjoying the beach, paddle boards, and hammocks. It was pretty nice to be able to do something a little active on the wedding day especially after the big breakfast we all couldn't resist. Getting ready started around 11:30am because lunch was served around noon and 12:30pm was when our make up and hair stylists arrived. Bonita Make up studio was absolutely amazing. I decided not to go with a makeup and hair trial and trusted them and their instagram and I was NOT disappointed. They did an amazing job on all of us girls and were on time, finished early, and they were super professional as well as receptive to what the girls wanted and nailed their looks.
    Once Makeup and Hair was finished we had time for a few photos with the girls putting on the dress and hanging out. While I was getting my hair and make up done our photographer also sneaked down to grab some shots of the boys getting ready and the landscape/wildlife.
    Once it was 4:30pm It was time for our first look. The girls and guys joined each other in the “wine cellar” while Andy and I went into the jungle/beach for some couple photos. Our photographer and videographer did a great job of making us feel comfortable but also letting us have a few moments to ourselves and never made us feel as if we were being rushed or hurried along.
    5:30pm our guests arrived on their private catamaran and were starting to seat themselves while we wrapped up group/family photos.
    At 6:00pm the ceremony started and everything was perfect. The weather was mid to low 80’s during the day and 70’s at night. At the time of our ceremony the sunset was at 6:35pm and our minister (that we requested 10 days before our wedding due to COVID and Andy’s aunt not being able to marry us) was amazing. She really captured the couple Andy and I were and knew exactly when to set away for certain photo opportunities and rolled with any unexpected circumstances. Which leads me to the tide. During the wedding the Tide was extremely high, I am told this was something that was unusual but the tide was so high it actually made it up to the alter and many of our guests had to raise their feet between waves. For our group, we embraced and loved the uniqueness of the situation and it helped me relax from any nervousness/ anxiety from public speaking. Our ceremony was about 15 minutes and mostly because we all couldn't stop laughing when a wave would join the wedding area. At the end of the ceremony Kharen arranged for Andy and I to have two tequila shots waiting for us and all our guests shook maracas in the air to make a great photo!
    We then moved down to the beach and took some photos with the sunset, rocks,hammocks, and jungle while everyone had cocktails on the beach and explored some of the unique landscaping and wildlife. We started dinner a little early due to our excitement to join family and friends and although we have some amazing photos I wish we would've used the whole cocktail hour time to take more sunset/tropical photos.
    Dinner was amazing and our guests still to this day bring up how good ALL the food was. Cake cutting went great and speeches were all on time and in order. We never had an issue with sound/timing through the whole day. Even with a few impromptu speeches and my Husband Andy giving a toast to our wonderful family and friends for joining us.
    The reception started right after cake cutting and our DJ did an amazing job. I had a list of must plays, must not, and the timeline for all the songs and he followed it to a Tee! He even sat down with me before hair and makeup to confirm special songs and timeline.
    He was super on top of the party flow and knew when to change a song or let a song play through. Andy and his brother found a limbo stick and he even started the limbo song before we could ask for it. (that was a fun impromptu experience as well) The staff always made sure we had drinks or waters available on the beach or up in the dining area as well as having chairs available for anyone who needed to take a breath in between songs. We didn't have many guests who didnt dance the night away and when it came time to head back to the catamaran they loved the romantic candle lit walk. Once on the catamaran back the party continued with our DJ and the staff still serving our rowdy group. It was about an hour back to the port and a charter bus was already parked ready to bring us back to the hotel.
    I was nervous that with all the transportation to and from the wedding location would be an issue for some guests but not one person was off-put or displeased with the logistics of the day. I offered welcome bags with sea sickness patches just in case but no one used them.
    The entire day was quite amazing and for anyone who is looking for an amazing venue, Please consider Las Caletas. From the planning stages to the actual wedding day, everything was wonderful and stress free making our wedding that much more magical and memorable. Even months after our wedding we still get to relive memories because our guests still bring up how beautiful and fun our wedding was. If I could do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat, even during COVID.
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra Married on 03/05/2022
    4.4 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating

Flawless wedding day

Highly recommend the venue. It’s beautiful scenery, food/drinks are amazing, and everything is all set up for you and highly organized. I can’t say enough about how much fun our guests and my husband and I had. I would do it all over again and the only thing I wish I added was a longer video package. I hired externally for the photography but used their videographer. They did an amazing job and wish I would have paid for more options on the video. The only complaint was the lack of response from Miriam (our wedding planner) beforehand. She was nearly impossible to get ahold of at times but the week leading up and the day of she was great.
  • User1943673 2+ years ago
    4 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating
    Adventure Weddings offers a range of wedding packages for couples' unique needs. In our case, we selected the premiere package, which means we have a private beach location for our ceremony and reception. Thus far, we have been in the wedding planning phase, which is what this review is focused on. Our initial wedding planner was extremely information and responded to any emails promptly. She has recently left on maternity leave, but was very forthcoming and helpful when moving us over to a new coordinator. The new coordinator has been equally as prompt and informative. She has been very helpful and willing to accommodate our requests. As the wedding date has drawn closer, the wedding planner has been sure to get us in touch with our wedding photographer and officiant in a very timely manner. Both photographer and officiant have thus far been very pleasant to deal with. Overall, I must say it looks like Adventure Weddings has this wedding planning thing down to a science!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
Puerto Vallarta
1.866.731.8152
Location of (Adventure Weddings)

Other vendors in Western Mexico for your wedding