310 N. Alabama St., Indianapolis, IN 46256 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Abby Hacker Photography

He has sweaty palms. His heart is racing. It is reminiscent of the first time he kissed her. Except…today he is a groom, waiting patiently to see his bride before she walks down the aisle to become his wife. I am waiting as well, to photograph the “first look” — the moment he sees his beautiful bride for the first time. She walks out and the anticipation builds inside of me. Watching through the camera lens, I tell him he can slowly turn around to see his soon to be wife for the first time. The look on his face. The tears on her cheek (OK fine, and maybe mine too!) and the long embrace they share are the only reasons I need to know I am meant to photograph special moments in peoples’ lives.

It is my intention to give you images that will be heirlooms for you and your loved ones to look at for years to come. It is my goal to give you a remembrance of who you are and how you feel at that very moment in your life! It is my job, to work with you and give you the vision you have – and I love collaborating with my clients to give them something unique and organic! Please give me a call or shoot me a message so I can determine how to best serve you!

img386
kena and eric 35

• Real Weddings 12

6 Reviews for Abby Hacker Photography

allison · Married on 08/08/2015

Abby was great to work with! Not only does she have a great eye and does beautiful work, she really listens to her couples and what they want. My husband was not that crazy about posing for outdoor pictures so she had a plan that optimized our shoot time and kept us laughing which kept him smiling. We loved her!

Sent on 08/22/2015

Maria · Married on 07/18/2015

Choosing Abby to be our wedding photographer was one of the best wedding-related decisions we made! We were married in July 2015, and we first contacted Abby about 8 months before our wedding. We live on the East Coast, but were married in Indiana, so all of our communication was through phone/email. Abby was incredibly helpful and patient during the entire 8 months that we communicated with her leading up to our wedding. She was quick to respond, had amazing ideas, and helped us make a good plan for our pictures. We did not meet Abby in person until the morning of our wedding, but you never would have known that - she instantly made us feel comfortable and came right in knowing exactly what to do to get amazing pictures. The pictures Abby captured of our wedding day were incredible. She was able to capture so many special moments - there were quite a few pictures she captured where we did not even know she was around - it was amazing to see those moments in the pictures. We had opted not to have a videographer for our wedding, and frankly, with Abby as our photographer, we did not need one. She captured every moment of the day - looking through her pictures felt like watching a video. The priest who officiated our ceremony commented to us that he was so thankful the photographer was not intrusive - he had not even realized Abby was taking pictures throughout the ceremony. She was able to document everything without ever taking over. The style of her pictures is also incredible. We got so many compliments on our wedding pictures - they are just beautiful. Obviously, I could go on. Definitely go with Abby!

Sent on 08/22/2015

I hired Abby Hacker to photograph my wedding about a year in advance. Abby was phenomenal - friendly, super accommodating, super talented, and helpful throughout the entire process. Even before the day of, Abby made many helpful suggestions to my planned timeline, which I accepted and which made the wedding flow extremely smoothly. She gave great input into the organization of the wedding. The week of, Abby watched the weather forecast and suggested alternative venues for taking pre-ceremony photos. The day of, I had a last-minute change of heart about the location, and Abby was completely fine with the last minute change in location, even though it meant she'd have to travel to an unfamiliar location. She was patient throughout as I had issues with the wind and my veil, and she offered very instructive tips on posing, which my husband and I really needed -- we're not naturals, but Abby made us look like we were. The photographs turned out beautifully, and my guests loved Abby and her assistant as well -- they were friendly, fun, not at all 'in the way,' and they worked really hard to get all kinds of shots.

I couldn't make a stronger recommendation for this photographer.

Sent on 05/22/2015

Abby Hacker Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,200.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,700.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Photojournalism