A Sweet Success

Ponca City, OK View map

1 User photo

Marissa Married on 11/25/2017
    Laura is extremely talented and provided a fantastic, personalized experience for our wedding cake. I first contacted her early this year for our November wedding. I sent a few photos of “inspiration” and she ran with them. She provided a sample to my mom, who carried it on the plane to taste with me in Pennsylvania! The sample was a beautiful (and yummy) little 6” round.

We met in August to nail down ideas, during which Laura sketched the cake. Laura was always extremely responsive to texts and Facebook messages from both myself and my mother. She contacted us to confirm that no details had changed a few days before our wedding.

Our cake was four tier with white buttercream frosting and little silver beads on the edge of each tier. It was absolutely gorgeous. It was also delicious (my husband gave it six stars out of five) traditional wedding cake flavor. Laura delivered the cake to our reception venue. Our guests raved about the cake.
    Jill Married on 11/08/2008
    Laura Sheik is a very talented cake vendor with brilliant ideas. She will basically run with any idea you have and make it perfect. This woman is a perfectionist and it shows in her cakes. Great communication, great value (her cakes were less than the lower quality ones) and great set-up. We received many many compliments. She even packaged and sealed us our own little mini wedding cake for our first anniversary. Cake for 250 was very affordable and worth every penny. Cakes featured in Oklahoma Bridal Magazine.
  • User1193849 2+ years ago
    We were very excited about both the wedding cake and grooms cake because we had picked out exactly what we wanted. The bridal cake turned out perfect and it was gorgeous. It was a 4-tier yellow ombre cake and each tier was a different flavor. It was delicious and very beautiful. However, the grooms cake was a different story. My groom does not like cake so wanted to do something a little different. He chose a double cookie cake with marshmallow cream in the middle. My groom also chose to add the NBA Thunder emblem to the cookie cake. She assured us that this would be no problem. When the cookie arrived the day of the wedding, it has the OSU emblem instead of Thunder. When one of the members of the wedding party pointed out that it wasn't supposed to be OSU she argued with them and was extremely rude. We ended up having to scrape the OSU off of the cookie cake because we are huge OU fans so obviously that would not work. The grooms cake ended up being blank, and was very hard and dry. Like I said, we were happy with our bridal cake, but not the grooms cake. We were very disappointed with her attitude and rude attitude.

I am adding to my review one year later. We were told by the owner we did not need to freeze the top tier of our wedding cake for our 1 year anniversary, but that she would make one for us when the time came. My mom spoke with her a few weeks before our anniversary to order our top tier. I must add that this lady NEVER answers her phone, she only communicates through facebook & sometimes email. She told my mom she would make our top tier & call her once it was ready. My mom never received a phone call & was starting to get worried because it was the day before our anniversary. My mom made countless phone calls to her & messaged her on facebook. She finally got back with my mom, told her she was out of town & couldn't get it to us until a later date. We were upset & did not get to celebrate our 1 year anniversary with our wedding cake.

8700 W Brake Rd Ponca City, 74601
Location of (A Sweet Success)

Other vendors in Oklahoma City for your wedding