Salt Lake City, UT 84119 Map · Phone number

About A Celtic Handfasting & Wedding Officiant

Do you want a wedding that is unique and beautiful, and that includes both ancient traditions and modern customs?

A wedding that is deeply spiritual, honoring the natural world and the joining of two souls, without being preachy, stuffy or boring?

A Celtic handfasting or one of my very spiritual and yet non-denominational ceremonies may be just what you are looking for!

As an experienced celebrant, I can adapt to your needs and incorporate the symbolism and elements that will truly reflect your joining of two individuals in this most beautiful of ceremonies.

I can also help you take into consideration any concerns that you may have to help all members of your family or wedding party feel comfortable. Since 1996, I have officiated at dozens of weddings of all types, from more formal and traditional services to impromptu outdoor handfastings and elopements.

It's *your* special day, and it's my honor and pleasure to help you have the best ceremony you possibly can!

One of the things that sets many of my ceremonies apart is the use of special crystal singing bowls as part of the ceremonies. The bowls are made with quartz crystal and are combined with special minerals and metals such as gold, platinum, ruby, rose quartz and amethyst. They have a wonderful sacred sound and lend a beautiful air to the day.

My rates are reasonable and cover all aspects of the process, from the free initial consultation with you to the rehearsal and the ceremony. For a Celtic handfasting ceremony, I also include a session with the couple to help you construct your own traditional handfasting cord.

I can provide references from my many previous happy couples, and can travel to most areas of Utah and beyond, and have even traveled internationally to perform weddings!

Follow A Celtic Handfasting & Wedding Officiant on

411552623983361a137eo

8 Reviews for A Celtic Handfasting & Wedding Officiant

• Leanna

Leanna · Married on 06/22/2012

WOW!!! Can I just say we LOVED working with Heron!!!
    Our ceremony was amazing. She worked closely with us and made certain it had every aspect you could want.
    and let me let you in on how difficult that was...
    I am Pagan, my groom is agnostic. My family is Southern Babtist and Protestant and his is Mormon. Now you don't get much more of an odd coupling than that.
    It was important to us that we carry some "christian" traditions in our ceremony and important to me that we carried some "pagan" traditions and important to my groom that it not be overly religious...
    Heron pulled it all off beautifully. Even when we came to her and asked her to include not only a unity candle and "loving cup" with the traditional rings and vows, but a few other things as well. She made what I was afraid was going to become chaos, into a touching ceremony that everyone was comfortable with. And we absolutely treasure our handfasting cord!
    If you are searching for someone to give you a "non-traditional" ceremony. She is your gal. Even if you are looking for a traditional ceremony, she is your gal. Either way it will be worth it to have Heron officiate your day.
    Thank you Heron... Thank you!!!!

Christina · Married on 01/02/2011

I was very pleased with our Celtic Handfasting Ceremony. The rev. was flexible with the day and time of our ceremony. She provided a small romantic ceremony for us which worked out perfect. It was everything we wanted. This was a wonderful memory that both my husband and I will treasure for the rest of our lives.

Jessica · Married on 10/10/2010

Rev. Heron officiated our wedding on 10/10/10. From the very beginning of contacting her to the actual wedding she made us feel very special and honored our wishes and created the perfect ceremony! Our guest commented that it was the most beautiful and memorable ceremony ever. Most loved was the included family vowes that brought together our two families and made one truely blended family unit. The handfasting ceremony was special to us and Rev. Heron taught us how to make the cords and then during the ceremony how to officially "tie the knot". We would give her and her services 10 stars if we could- great value for the most wonderful ceremony! Thank you Rev. Heron for your special ceremony!

Award

A Celtic Handfasting & Wedding Officiant FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 250.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Rehearsal
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 75.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 200.00
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Buddhist, No Denomination, Pagan, Taoist
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? UT
  • What languages do you speak? English

• Rev. Kamrin Carver
    Rev. Kamrin Carver Wedding Officiants

I have heard nothing but good about the professionalism, knowledge and expertise exhibited by this vendor. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

• Utah Vintage Photo Booth Rental
    Utah Vintage Photo Booth Rental Wedding Rentals

Rev. Heron brings a special connection to a wedding ceremony, her ability to connect with couples to create a memorable moment is rare and special. Her prices are affordable and deliver a value that far exceeds expectations and we have recommended her services to many of our clients!

• Salt Lake City, UT 84119 See on map