A Celtic Handfasting & Wedding Officiant Reviews

15 | Salt Lake City, UT

15 Reviews for A Celtic Handfasting & Wedding Officiant

Nick Davis · Married on 07/18/2020

Amazing simple but very special and no stress!

Rev Heron is such an amazing and wonderful person and it was a pleasure to have her as our officiant! She was very informative and helpful with any and every question we had and she was very patient with us and very understanding with any issue we had! If you're looking for someone to really cater to whatever your beliefs are talk to Rev Heron!

Sent on 07/21/2020

Stepfan Von Huntsman · Married on 06/27/2020

A Beautiful Ceremony from a Fantastic Reverend

Reverend Heron was an understanding and compassionate person to contact, she immediately proposed multiple ceremony ideas and helped us select the ceremony that really fit us. She helped us pick a venue as well, that was gorgeous by the way, as well as giving advice on how to write vows.

She made our special day truly special and I will always be appreciative of her for that. She's also incredibly LGBT+ friendly which was very important to us.

Sent on 07/22/2020
  • Cam

Cam · Married on 10/26/2019

Absolutely recommend!

Rev Heron was fantastic! She helped us completely personalize our ceremony and made it such a sacred and beautiful event. She is professional and so respectful, we recommend her highly!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Monica · Married on 06/22/2019

Highlight of the Wedding

Working with Rev Heron was wonderful. We live out of state and she was very flexible with helping us get ready for our wedding; including meeting over Skype. The ceremony itself fits us as a couple perfectly. It was my favorite part of the wedding.

Sent on 08/17/2019

Katerina Roberts · Married on 03/25/2019

Unforgettable Experience!

The ceremony was well thought out and planned, so we had an easy time customizing to our preferences. Both families were blown away, because it was everything they could have wanted and more. We chose a small ceremony, but it felt monumental.

Sent on 08/20/2019

Rebecca · Married on 10/27/2018

The perfect wedding

Rev. Heron was awesome, she is a great person she helped us so much. Rev. Heron was very patient with us making our hand fasting cord. We would recommend her to anyone and everyone, both me and my husband just loved her. She helped make our wedding magical and that's all we could ask for.

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Leanna

Leanna · Married on 06/22/2012

WOW!!! Can I just say we LOVED working with Heron!!!
    Our ceremony was amazing. She worked closely with us and made certain it had every aspect you could want.
    and let me let you in on how difficult that was...
    I am Pagan, my groom is agnostic. My family is Southern Babtist and Protestant and his is Mormon. Now you don't get much more of an odd coupling than that.
    It was important to us that we carry some "christian" traditions in our ceremony and important to me that we carried some "pagan" traditions and important to my groom that it not be overly religious...
    Heron pulled it all off beautifully. Even when we came to her and asked her to include not only a unity candle and "loving cup" with the traditional rings and vows, but a few other things as well. She made what I was afraid was going to become chaos, into a touching ceremony that everyone was comfortable with. And we absolutely treasure our handfasting cord!
    If you are searching for someone to give you a "non-traditional" ceremony. She is your gal. Even if you are looking for a traditional ceremony, she is your gal. Either way it will be worth it to have Heron officiate your day.
    Thank you Heron... Thank you!!!!

Sent on 08/03/2012

Christina · Married on 01/02/2011

I was very pleased with our Celtic Handfasting Ceremony. The rev. was flexible with the day and time of our ceremony. She provided a small romantic ceremony for us which worked out perfect. It was everything we wanted. This was a wonderful memory that both my husband and I will treasure for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 03/20/2011

Jessica · Married on 10/10/2010

Rev. Heron officiated our wedding on 10/10/10. From the very beginning of contacting her to the actual wedding she made us feel very special and honored our wishes and created the perfect ceremony! Our guest commented that it was the most beautiful and memorable ceremony ever. Most loved was the included family vowes that brought together our two families and made one truely blended family unit. The handfasting ceremony was special to us and Rev. Heron taught us how to make the cords and then during the ceremony how to officially "tie the knot". We would give her and her services 10 stars if we could- great value for the most wonderful ceremony! Thank you Rev. Heron for your special ceremony!

Sent on 10/26/2010

A · Married on 07/17/2010

Rev. Heron did an excellent job making the ceremony meaningful and special for us and our guests. I had so many people approach me afterwards with tears of joy over how deeply our ceremony effected them and spoke to a universal meaning of marriage.

She went above and beyond preparing us for the big day and was very flexible with our needs and requests.

Great Job! Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 07/26/2010

Robyn · Married on 04/28/2007

She has a lot of experience with different types of ceremonies and helped us decide what fit us best. She also had many examples of vows that helped us as we wrote our own. She was happy to come to our location for our service, even though it was three hours away!

Sent on 07/27/2010

Dena · Married on 04/09/2007

Heron was amazing. We felt comfortable with her right from the very first meeting. She incorporated all of our ideas into our ceremony and it turned out beautiful. Everyone commented on the ceremony being one of the most beautiful things they'd ever been witness to.

Sent on 07/28/2010

Amber · Married on 07/04/2006

Rev. Heron was very passionate and helpful with both of the Wedding events that she presided over. We had a Handfasting ceremony in May 2006 and then a 4th of July 2006 officiated wedding. She was very aware of my needs as a bride and was very intuitive of the needs at both events , it was the best weddings I have ever had !!!

Sent on 09/08/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 05/28/2006

Rev. Heron was awesome! She totally worked with us and what we wanted to make sure we had our dream wedding. She is very professional and has such a kind spirit! We highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/26/2010
  • Katlyn

Katlyn · Married on 08/09/2019

Phenomenal!

Rev. Heron was amazing to work with. After searching for a hand-fasting officiant and reading through reviews we decided she seemed to be the best, and we were not disappointed! She was fun to work with and very flexible with our bumps in the road. The process she goes through is so unique and I’m honestly surprised she doesn’t charge more for what she does. VERY reasonable price, unique process, and fun to work with! That’s the best way to describe my experience.

Sent on 08/15/2019