Windsor Ballroom at the Holiday Inn of East Windsor

Flexibility:
 (4.9/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot express in words how incredible this facility is. From the attentive staff to the delicious food you just cannot go wrong using The Windsor Ballroom for your next event.
Tara is the manager and dealing with her was nothing short of stellar. She was understanding of our needs and made sure every detail was attended to. She treated us like family, making every accommodation we needed from setting up before we arrived until the last guest was walking out the door, go smoothly. Also Chris was our maître d' and what a fantastic level of service he provided as well. During the cocktail hour they even made sure I was eating, bringing me plates so that I could greet our guests hassle free. Even going so far during dinner as to cover my plate so my food wouldn't get cold. That is some amazing service.
The food by the way was delicious. My guests were overwhelmed with so many incredible choices during the cocktail hour. They raved about the mashed potato bar and sushi. The dinner was also not your typical run of the mill event food. The dishes were well prepared, hot, and yummy.
All told my event was one of the best family events I have ever attended and it was mostly due to the level of incredible service that this facility provides. Everyone from the bartenders, friendly servers, the security guard, Tara, Chris, and even the front desk staff gave us the experience of a lifetime and one my family is sure to be talking about for a long time. I highly recommend them for making any event special for your family.
Wedding: 11/09/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had our wedding here this past weekend and we were thrilled!
Wedding: 10/13/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Words can not describe how happy we are that we booked our wedding (Oct 11, 2013) with The Windsor Ballroom--Tara and Caitlin have made this entire process so easy and have helped us so much. They were so accommodating with us and we even were able to have Indian food served for certain tables, which was awesome!! Thank you to Macio (Chef)!! Each employee we have come in contact with over the past year have been so accommodating and helpful! The night of our wedding, the room was exactly what I pictured it would look like, food was great (got so many compliments), Chris (maitre'd) was awesome and also got many compliments on the servers!! Thank you to everyone at The Windsor Ballroom for making our wedding as great as it was!! I would recommend them to any bride looking for a great venue, reasonable prices and awesome staff!
Wedding: 10/11/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Being a bride is a wonderful, exciting, scary, overwhelming experience. You go through every emotion fathomable, and sometimes the stress of the event can get the better of you. This is why it's so important to go with vendors that you can trust, rely on, book, and then just understand in the back of your mind that everything is going to be fine. This is exactly how I would describe the Windsor Ballroom.

I had gone there already completely interested in the venue based on all the wonderful reviews the venue had received. From the minute I contacted Tara through email to the walk through with my fiance, I was hooked. The ballroom was beautiful with the biggest dance floor I had seen, the hotel looked fantastic, and the bang for the buck was just amazing. It was the first venue and only venue we looked at. We were

So just when we thought the process couldn't get any better, it did. Tara answered all my questions within 24 hours, Veronica helped me set up my room block with absolute ease, and at that point I was able to sit back and not think about the venue again until the end of the process when we had to sort out final details. Tara was flexible with my out-of-town weekend-only schedule, and the final meeting with her was amazingly FUN.

The day before and of the wedding were obviously incredibly stressful, but everyone at the hotel pitched in to ensure anything we needed would be attended to right away. The bridal suite was AMAZING.

At the wedding, the food was great, presentation was fantastic, and the staff were just so attentive and kind. My fiance and I really felt like we won the lottery having our wedding at the Windsor Ballroom. Thank you for everything! (by the way, all the add'l vendors they recommended were just FANTASTIC, too)
Wedding: 10/04/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Choosing and booking a reception site for your wedding can be one of the most daunting task that a couple can face during the wedding planning stages. As soon as my fiance (well husband now), became engaged, we immediately starting looking for our site. Of course being my own internet search engine, I began looking online and finding different sites. When I visited the Windsor Ballroom site, I became more intrigued and wanted to learn more. I called and booked a tour, only one week after he proposed!

Upon our arrival, I instantly knew that The Windsor Ballroom was where I wanted my reception to be held. Tara and Caitlin were amazing, during the tour and we both felt at ease and comfortable, the entire time. Even though I was ready to sign the contract, that day, we decided to wait a few days, to make sure that we were certain. Well it only took about a week for that and I immediately reached out to Tara, wanting to book and reserve our date!

From the contract signings, to the menu tastings, I was always felt welcomed and comfortable. Coming to see Tara and Caitlin, was like going to see my girlfriends and going over wedding details and then chatting about stuff (that may or may not have been about the wedding). I could call or e-mail them anytime, for practically anything! I love the both of them, so much for EVERYTHING that they did, to make my wedding special!

My wedding day, was one to remember. Tara, Caitlin and the staff of the Windsor Ballroom were absolutely EXCELLENT. My guest were so pleased the quality of service and how much of a good time they all had; so much so, that they are still calling today and talking about it (& my wedding was almost a month ago)! I could not have chosen a better site for my reception; I wish I could have another reception, just so I could do it all over again!

Thank you Windsor Ballroom for making my dreams come true!!
Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Everything, everyone, every detail was just perfect from the first email with Tara to the staff smiling and waving at us as we left. Tara, Caitlin, Nick, and Chris are professional, organized, and made our day not only beautiful but fun! Thank you to the staff of Windsor Ballroom!!!
Wedding: 08/18/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I would definately recommend the Windsor Ballroom in East Windsor, NJ to any upcoming bride to be. From the moment we met with Tara D'Bianca, I knew that we would be in good hands. Both Tara and her assistant Caitlin Vance answered every email, phone call and in person query right away and we always felt like we were their only wedding! The maitre'd - Nick - made the entire evening flow smoothly, and our guests have expressed numerous times how great everything turned out. If we had to do it all over again, I would choose the Windsor Ballroom (Holiday Inn) again!!
Wedding: 08/10/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Booking the venue is probably the biggest wedding-planning decision there is. It’s ridiculously nerve-wracking. But I knew it would all turn out ok, because Tara was on the other side of the desk promising, “We will take care of you.” Tara is outstanding to work with. She has a fantastic reputation as well. So many of the vendors we interviewed knew her and were excited at the chance to work with her again.

Tara, and later on Caitlin, helped us plan an awesome party! The cocktail hour food is insane and I think it’ll be months before people stop talking about how much they loved it! We were blown away with all the wonderful things we were able to afford on our budget. The venue’s centerpieces saved hundreds. The room looked gorgeous! The food was great. And Tara, Caitlin, and Nick made sure all our little touches were exactly the way we wanted them. They really listen to all the details. Their 24hr response policy is the best! They were always there to answer questions! Tara & Caitlin even helped me book a morning-after breakfast buffet at the last minute, going over all the paperwork after-hours. They are so flexible!

The service at the Windsor Ballroom is outstanding. Our Maitre D’ Nick and his assistant Chris along with the waitress assigned to our table were all amazing. I was treated like royalty all night. They made sure we always had everything we wanted. They made sure we ate. Nick gave us instructions on how to cut the cake and he even gave me pointers on how to throw the bouquet! They really know how to orchestrate a reception. The rest of the staff took excellent care of our guests too. All our guests said they were very well taken care of.

The only bump in the road was the hotel staff did not give great rates on the room block. The rooms themselves are great though. The bridal suite had plenty of room for me & my maids to get ready in the morning. The french doors are awesome for pictures.

Thank you all so much!!!! You made the day perfect!
Wedding: 08/02/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We are so pleased that we had our Wedding Reception at the Windsor Ballroom!! From our first meeting to through the morning after our wedding, we received fantastic service! Tara, Caitlin and Nick were all WONDERFUL and we can not thank them enough for making our wedding so special. Jason was very helpful with dealing with room block and reservations. All of the servers and bartenders were awesome as well!! Thank you!!
Wedding: 04/12/2013
Services Used: Lighting & Decor, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Tara DiBianca is a superstar. From the day we met her, she helped us imagine our entire event. We could picture it all while sitting there in her office, and even though we'd only seen a couple other venues, we made our decision immediately to host our wedding at the Windsor Ballroom. I still remember the excitement I felt that day as I visualized what the day would be like - and all my dreams came true on our wedding day. Everything was fantastic - the food, the service, the drinks, the organization - and Tara even helped to bustle my dress during cocktail hour. That's someone who truly wants to make the event perfect!

Tara and her staff (special mention: Caitlin Vance!) fielded every question we had - and there were lots of them - and catered to our every request - there were lots of them, too. She never made us feel like we were imposing and always responded cheerfully and helpfully. Because of her supreme competence and planning, our wedding day went off without a hitch. Everyone knew exactly where they were supposed to be and what they were supposed to be doing, and that's more than we can say for other weddings we've attended. Nick the maitre d' was absolutely phenomenal on the day of the wedding. Constantly checking on us, refilling our drinks without us asking, directing every second of the event. Everything was fabulous!
Wedding: 04/06/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Tara and her entire team are phenomenal! They helped plan this incredible wedding for us. Tara and Caitlin walked us through the entire planning process. No matter what time we emailed them or called them, they made sure to respond immediately. The Windsor Ballroom was the first venue that we looked at on New Years Eve in 2010 and we booked with them that night! We booked their WinterWonderland Package which was incredibly cheap and saved us tons of money! it included their highest package, the elite sit down dinner and an amazing cocktail hour! We also held our ceremony there. They were fabulous! They made sure the entire bridal party knew where to be and when to begin their walk down the aisle. Our cocktail hour was extraordinary! Our guests can not stop raving about how much food there was and that they thought it was the dinner until we told them we still had a 3 course dinner coming and deserts! We had so many amazing appetizers, carving stations, pasta stations, fruit and sushi displays and more! Their food is delicious and anything that my husband and I wanted or needed, their staff graciously got it for us. Our servers were excellent! Our maitre d' Nick was absolutely the best and we could not have asked for a better person! He was constantly check on us and making sure we had everything we needed all night long. The entire hotel was immaculate. The rooms were so nice including the bridal suite! Anything we needed while getting ready the morning of, room service was happy to bring it up to us! All of my guests are still talking about our wedding and I'm sure they will be fore a very long time. The Windsor Ballroom has made the most important day of my life one to never ever forget! They are fantastic and I highly recommend every couple to book with them if you want the same experience!
Wedding: 03/29/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Wedding Planning, Lighting & Decor, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I went to many different places prior to The Windsor Ballroom and on our first time there we new this would be the place we would have our cocktail and reception. Tara showed us around, sat with us and went over everything the packages included (so much included for your money!), answered any questions we had, had the Chef come down with a sample and he told us where he went to school, how long he's been doing working there and everything. Tara also introduced us to everyone that would be involved in helping with our special day. Everyone there was so amazing! They instantly become like family! Tara and I emailed and talked on the phone numerous times for any questions I had about any and all parts of my wedding planning. Amazing staff, and stress free when you use The Windsor Ballroom, plus you get so much for your money!!!! We even went to a food tasting prior to signing or putting any money down! Everyone at my wedding was impressed by the amount of food and how great it all tasted as well as the amount of space provided for the event. Also the dance floor is big too! We had 180 guests that fit and were able to move around easily without feeling squished! They always treat you like you are the only bride they are working with and like you are family. :) We highly recommend anyone looking for a great friendly, bang for your buck, amazing food and service to use The Windsor Ballroom!!!
Wedding: 03/23/2013
Services Used: Lighting & Decor, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I went to numerous venues and bridal shows right after getting engaged; however, after meeting Tara I knew I could stop looking. The Windsor Ballroom was the only venue I brought my fiancee to, and he too knew immediately that we had found our place! We held our rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and morning after brunch (as well as our after party!) all with the Windsor Ballroom.
Every aspect of our wedding was beyond words. Tara and Caitlin were amazing from the first time we set foot in their door. They answered every question, no matter how ridiculous, immediately, and nicely. They met with us more times than I can count, gave advice, went over floor plans, decor, food, everything! They gave advice on vendors and set up, catered to every one of our needs and wishes, and did it with smiles no matter how many times I changed things!
My suite was stunning, the ceremony was breathtaking and the reception was out of this world. My husband and I come from huge families and they accommodated our 209 guests seamlessly. Tara and Caitlin checked on both of us through out the day, starting in the morning through the reception! Nick was phenomenal, making us feel like royalty through out the night, and left us a wonderful surprise in our room after the reception. We have been to more weddings over the last two years than I care to count, however everyone has said ours was by far the best from decor, site to food! It has been two weeks and I am still getting comments and rave reviews...even had people asking what was used for our toast on Easter! I am a control freak and generally have a difficult time allowing others to do things however, what Tara, Caitlin and Nick were able to achieve for me and my husband was more than I could have imagined or done for myself. I would hand control over to them any day of the week. We LOVE LOVE LOVE them! My husband has asked ten times if we can get married again because it was so amazing!
Wedding: 03/22/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
After visiting other venues and doing some research online, my fiance, now husband decided we should give the Windsor Ballroom a try. We visited with Tara the Catering Manager and we just fell in love with her warm personality, upbeat spirit and willingness to ensure that my day turned out unique and extra special. We were definitley on a T-I-G-H-T budget but Tara worked with us and we were able to gt everything we wanted without cutting anything out. I only had 5 months to plan my wedding and both Tara and Caitlin walked me through the process every step of the way. They both were very flexible with their schedules to accomodate me to go over payments, decor etc. One major plus was that the Banquet Manager called me a few days before my wedding to see if I had any questions or concerns and If so he would be willing to accomodate me and make any adjustments if necessary.
The day of my wedding was AMAZING!! Tara came to my room (bridal suite which is complimentary for the night of) to make sure I was okay and if I needed anything to make me as comfortable as possible. The staff was AWESOME!. They were there every step of the way through the ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner. The manager came to check on us througout the night to make sure we were okay and that everything was going the way we wanted it to. I couldn't have asked for a better day, venue and team working with us to make our day memorable.
It's been almost 3 weeks and our guests are still commenting on the food the service and most of all how beautiful the venue was. I LOVE the Windsor Ballroom and the staff!!!
Wedding: 03/17/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Lighting & Decor, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Windsor Ballroom by far is the best place you can ever imagine on having the wedding/ reception of your dreams. Not only are the staff just so helpful, caring and just plan great people, the hall was absolutely gorgeous, I was in pure awe at how beautiful it was, it was just breath taking to say the least. Also allowing me to add a few of my own personal touches here and there, always being very accommodating and helpful.I searched all around but from the first time I went to see this hall I knew this was the one and I looked no farther. To all the future brides out there choose the Windsor Ballroom, it will be by far the best choice you can make, you will not be disappointed, I guarantee it.
Wedding: 03/08/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Windsor Ball Room couldn't have done it better from the minute my guests and I arrived everything was right on point never worried about a thing. My guests are still talking about how good the food was with great service and how beautiful it looked inside, I thank them all for doing a fantastic job.
Wedding: 03/01/2013
 609-448-7000
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire