Windsor Ballroom at the Holiday Inn of East Windsor
399 Monmouth Street
East Windsor , NJ 08520  | map
Services: Bridal Shower, Ceremony, Engagement Party...
Catering: Offered in-house

Flexibility:
 (4.9/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Booking the venue is probably the biggest wedding-planning decision there is. It’s ridiculously nerve-wracking. But I knew it would all turn out ok, because Tara was on the other side of the desk promising, “We will take care of you.” Tara is outstanding to work with. She has a fantastic reputation as well. So many of the vendors we interviewed knew her and were excited at the chance to work with her again.

Tara, and later on Caitlin, helped us plan an awesome party! The cocktail hour food is insane and I think it’ll be months before people stop talking about how much they loved it! We were blown away with all the wonderful things we were able to afford on our budget. The venue’s centerpieces saved hundreds. The room looked gorgeous! The food was great. And Tara, Caitlin, and Nick made sure all our little touches were exactly the way we wanted them. They really listen to all the details. Their 24hr response policy is the best! They were always there to answer questions! Tara & Caitlin even helped me book a morning-after breakfast buffet at the last minute, going over all the paperwork after-hours. They are so flexible!

The service at the Windsor Ballroom is outstanding. Our Maitre D’ Nick and his assistant Chris along with the waitress assigned to our table were all amazing. I was treated like royalty all night. They made sure we always had everything we wanted. They made sure we ate. Nick gave us instructions on how to cut the cake and he even gave me pointers on how to throw the bouquet! They really know how to orchestrate a reception. The rest of the staff took excellent care of our guests too. All our guests said they were very well taken care of.

The only bump in the road was the hotel staff did not give great rates on the room block. The rooms themselves are great though. The bridal suite had plenty of room for me & my maids to get ready in the morning. The french doors are awesome for pictures.

Thank you all so much!!!! You made the day perfect!
Wedding: 08/02/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We are so pleased that we had our Wedding Reception at the Windsor Ballroom!! From our first meeting to through the morning after our wedding, we received fantastic service! Tara, Caitlin and Nick were all WONDERFUL and we can not thank them enough for making our wedding so special. Jason was very helpful with dealing with room block and reservations. All of the servers and bartenders were awesome as well!! Thank you!!
Wedding: 04/12/2013
Services Used: Lighting & Decor, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Tara DiBianca is a superstar. From the day we met her, she helped us imagine our entire event. We could picture it all while sitting there in her office, and even though we'd only seen a couple other venues, we made our decision immediately to host our wedding at the Windsor Ballroom. I still remember the excitement I felt that day as I visualized what the day would be like - and all my dreams came true on our wedding day. Everything was fantastic - the food, the service, the drinks, the organization - and Tara even helped to bustle my dress during cocktail hour. That's someone who truly wants to make the event perfect!

Tara and her staff (special mention: Caitlin Vance!) fielded every question we had - and there were lots of them - and catered to our every request - there were lots of them, too. She never made us feel like we were imposing and always responded cheerfully and helpfully. Because of her supreme competence and planning, our wedding day went off without a hitch. Everyone knew exactly where they were supposed to be and what they were supposed to be doing, and that's more than we can say for other weddings we've attended. Nick the maitre d' was absolutely phenomenal on the day of the wedding. Constantly checking on us, refilling our drinks without us asking, directing every second of the event. Everything was fabulous!
Wedding: 04/06/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Tara and her entire team are phenomenal! They helped plan this incredible wedding for us. Tara and Caitlin walked us through the entire planning process. No matter what time we emailed them or called them, they made sure to respond immediately. The Windsor Ballroom was the first venue that we looked at on New Years Eve in 2010 and we booked with them that night! We booked their WinterWonderland Package which was incredibly cheap and saved us tons of money! it included their highest package, the elite sit down dinner and an amazing cocktail hour! We also held our ceremony there. They were fabulous! They made sure the entire bridal party knew where to be and when to begin their walk down the aisle. Our cocktail hour was extraordinary! Our guests can not stop raving about how much food there was and that they thought it was the dinner until we told them we still had a 3 course dinner coming and deserts! We had so many amazing appetizers, carving stations, pasta stations, fruit and sushi displays and more! Their food is delicious and anything that my husband and I wanted or needed, their staff graciously got it for us. Our servers were excellent! Our maitre d' Nick was absolutely the best and we could not have asked for a better person! He was constantly check on us and making sure we had everything we needed all night long. The entire hotel was immaculate. The rooms were so nice including the bridal suite! Anything we needed while getting ready the morning of, room service was happy to bring it up to us! All of my guests are still talking about our wedding and I'm sure they will be fore a very long time. The Windsor Ballroom has made the most important day of my life one to never ever forget! They are fantastic and I highly recommend every couple to book with them if you want the same experience!
Wedding: 03/29/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Wedding Planning, Lighting & Decor, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I went to many different places prior to The Windsor Ballroom and on our first time there we new this would be the place we would have our cocktail and reception. Tara showed us around, sat with us and went over everything the packages included (so much included for your money!), answered any questions we had, had the Chef come down with a sample and he told us where he went to school, how long he's been doing working there and everything. Tara also introduced us to everyone that would be involved in helping with our special day. Everyone there was so amazing! They instantly become like family! Tara and I emailed and talked on the phone numerous times for any questions I had about any and all parts of my wedding planning. Amazing staff, and stress free when you use The Windsor Ballroom, plus you get so much for your money!!!! We even went to a food tasting prior to signing or putting any money down! Everyone at my wedding was impressed by the amount of food and how great it all tasted as well as the amount of space provided for the event. Also the dance floor is big too! We had 180 guests that fit and were able to move around easily without feeling squished! They always treat you like you are the only bride they are working with and like you are family. :) We highly recommend anyone looking for a great friendly, bang for your buck, amazing food and service to use The Windsor Ballroom!!!
Wedding: 03/23/2013
Services Used: Lighting & Decor, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I went to numerous venues and bridal shows right after getting engaged; however, after meeting Tara I knew I could stop looking. The Windsor Ballroom was the only venue I brought my fiancee to, and he too knew immediately that we had found our place! We held our rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and morning after brunch (as well as our after party!) all with the Windsor Ballroom.
Every aspect of our wedding was beyond words. Tara and Caitlin were amazing from the first time we set foot in their door. They answered every question, no matter how ridiculous, immediately, and nicely. They met with us more times than I can count, gave advice, went over floor plans, decor, food, everything! They gave advice on vendors and set up, catered to every one of our needs and wishes, and did it with smiles no matter how many times I changed things!
My suite was stunning, the ceremony was breathtaking and the reception was out of this world. My husband and I come from huge families and they accommodated our 209 guests seamlessly. Tara and Caitlin checked on both of us through out the day, starting in the morning through the reception! Nick was phenomenal, making us feel like royalty through out the night, and left us a wonderful surprise in our room after the reception. We have been to more weddings over the last two years than I care to count, however everyone has said ours was by far the best from decor, site to food! It has been two weeks and I am still getting comments and rave reviews...even had people asking what was used for our toast on Easter! I am a control freak and generally have a difficult time allowing others to do things however, what Tara, Caitlin and Nick were able to achieve for me and my husband was more than I could have imagined or done for myself. I would hand control over to them any day of the week. We LOVE LOVE LOVE them! My husband has asked ten times if we can get married again because it was so amazing!
Wedding: 03/22/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
After visiting other venues and doing some research online, my fiance, now husband decided we should give the Windsor Ballroom a try. We visited with Tara the Catering Manager and we just fell in love with her warm personality, upbeat spirit and willingness to ensure that my day turned out unique and extra special. We were definitley on a T-I-G-H-T budget but Tara worked with us and we were able to gt everything we wanted without cutting anything out. I only had 5 months to plan my wedding and both Tara and Caitlin walked me through the process every step of the way. They both were very flexible with their schedules to accomodate me to go over payments, decor etc. One major plus was that the Banquet Manager called me a few days before my wedding to see if I had any questions or concerns and If so he would be willing to accomodate me and make any adjustments if necessary.
The day of my wedding was AMAZING!! Tara came to my room (bridal suite which is complimentary for the night of) to make sure I was okay and if I needed anything to make me as comfortable as possible. The staff was AWESOME!. They were there every step of the way through the ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner. The manager came to check on us througout the night to make sure we were okay and that everything was going the way we wanted it to. I couldn't have asked for a better day, venue and team working with us to make our day memorable.
It's been almost 3 weeks and our guests are still commenting on the food the service and most of all how beautiful the venue was. I LOVE the Windsor Ballroom and the staff!!!
Wedding: 03/17/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Lighting & Decor, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Windsor Ballroom by far is the best place you can ever imagine on having the wedding/ reception of your dreams. Not only are the staff just so helpful, caring and just plan great people, the hall was absolutely gorgeous, I was in pure awe at how beautiful it was, it was just breath taking to say the least. Also allowing me to add a few of my own personal touches here and there, always being very accommodating and helpful.I searched all around but from the first time I went to see this hall I knew this was the one and I looked no farther. To all the future brides out there choose the Windsor Ballroom, it will be by far the best choice you can make, you will not be disappointed, I guarantee it.
Wedding: 03/08/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Windsor Ball Room couldn't have done it better from the minute my guests and I arrived everything was right on point never worried about a thing. My guests are still talking about how good the food was with great service and how beautiful it looked inside, I thank them all for doing a fantastic job.
Wedding: 03/01/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I went to a bridal show there in September 2011 and booked that night! We were lucky enough to get the Winter Wonderland Special for booking in a winter month which saved us lots of money. They are always running great specials like this! Also, if you refer someone else there after you book and they book you get a free enhancer for your wedding which was awesome. We referred 3 different people and received a complimentary sushi bar, signature cocktail, and chair bows just for referring people!! The staff were all very professional and I really bonded with Tara. No matter how many questions I had, no matter what time it was, Tara always got back to me. She was even very, very sick the week before my wedding and still answered all my emails. If she couldn't help she made sure someone could. Now that's dedication! Everyone still raves about that night, especially the quantity and quality of all the food. My wedding was the best day of my life and if I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing!
Wedding: 01/11/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Hotels Unlimited came highly recommended from many of my friends. The Windsor Ballroom at the Holiday Inn of East Windsor was beautiful, and I booked the day we toured. The promotions they offer throughout the year do not compare to other similar sized venues we looked at. Unfortunately, our wedding was scheduled during the devastation of Hurricane Sandy and we needed to reschedule. Tara & her team were wonderful from day one & couldn't have been more flexible, understanding, and helpful as we rescheduled the event from November 3rd to December 22nd. My guests are still talking about the cocktail hour & beautiful decor of the room. The convenience of the hotel was important for us since we had many guests traveling from out of state, also the close proximity to the NJ Turnpike. The rooms were nice & the bridal suite provided a backdrop for some of my most beautiful pictures. Even though it was winter we also took some photographs outside by the gazebo. Overall it was a great value for a beautiful venue & I would recommend the Windsor Ballroom.
Wedding: 12/22/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband proposed to me in February 2011 in June i started to look into places for my wedding ceremony and reception. I started to look online for places and came across The Windsor Ballroom at The Holiday Inn, their website alone blew my mind away i had to make this the first place to vist. After meeting Tara and talking with my husband we booked right away because Tara is so extremely helpful i couldn't have ask for anyone better. Later i met Caitlin and she is very helpful, professional, and on point just like Tara. The package that we choose was so incredible with the amount of food, beverages, and service. Our guests really enjoyed every minute of our wedding and it's been 3 weeks and they are still talking about it. As a bride it's hard to enjoy your own wedding but i can tell you from my wedding i had a blast, wish it never ended. I loved everything they all did for us it was absolutely beautiful couldn't have asked for anything more. Future brides if you are looking for a venue you will not regret The Windsor Ballroom this is the place to book!!! One thing is i do miss talking and hanging out with Tara we always had a blast, Tara you will truely be missed until i need to have another party :). Love all of you at The Windsor Ballroom and miss you all very much. Hope to see you in the future.
Wedding: 10/07/2012
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Could not have asked for better people to work with. Tara and her staff were amazing and trully helped me get thruough everything with no stress at all. The night turned out to be everything we ever expected. Our guests can not say enough aout how great of a time they had and how perfect everything was from the ceremony (held at the hotel as well) to the ballroom to the food and service. Absolutely 100% use Tara and the Windsor Ballroom if planning a wedding!!!
Wedding: 08/31/2012

Anonymous 2 Reviews
It is imperative that as the Mother of the Bride, I take the time to rate the services of The Windsor Ballroom at the Holiday Inn of East Windsor.

My daughter and son-in-law got married three (3) weeks ago, and it was truly a blessed event. The staff was incredible throughout the process; especially Tara. On the day of the event, I was very pleased with the staff at the cocktail hour, and during the reception.

I wanted my daughter's event to be extremely special and memorable, and The Windsor Ballroom provided that for us. Also, please note that during the time my daughter and I were getting prepared Tara came up to the suite and although she was dressed, she helped us by straightening up the room and making sure room service helped so that at the end of the night my daughter and her husband could relax.

You will not be disappointed with their service, incredible amount of food and attention to details.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Tara and the rest of the staff at The Windsor Ballroom did a great job of making sure everything looked beautiful in the hall where the wedding occurred as well as in the ballroom.

I was pleased with their help regarding such a blessed event.

Wedding: 08/24/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had my wedding and reception at The Windsor Ballroom on August 24, 2012. From day one I was overly impressed with this location and would not have had my wedding at any other place. If you read other reviews of The Windsor Ballroom, the common thread is "Tara" and how magnificent she is and I too will continue that thread and say she is PHENOMENAL. I guarantee you that upon meeting her you will love her and beg for her to adopt you just so that you can always hang out with her lol :-) On a serious note, she is very sincere and embodies a true professionalism that is unparalleled. I would recommend The Windsor Ballroom without any reservations. My guests had a phenomenal time and this is the ONE time in life where I wish I could rewind the time and relive August 24, 2012.
Wedding: 08/24/2012
 609-448-7000
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire