What Dreams Are Made Of...

What Dreams Are Made Of...

Kingston, NY
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Private User
[Private]

JoAnn is a truly wonderful planner and an exceptional person. Upon first meeting JoAnn it was clear she shared our vision and would do everything she could to help us execute it. We have successfully completed booking all of our vendors and JoAnn was a huge help. She maintains contact with me and allows me to bounce ideas and random thoughts off of her and always seems truly interested. I highly recommend JoAnn and her team to any bride especially those with a tight budget. JoAnn's knowledge has already saved us thousands of dollars and allowed us to chose flowers and details that would have been out of reach without her experience and industry knowledge

1 person found this review helpful

JoAnn was an incredible & invaluable person to have on our team of vendors for our May 31, 2014 wedding. Up front, please know that I did not directly hire her wedding planning services through "What Dreams Are Made Of...". I had booked a wedding chapel (that is sadly no longer open for business) that was using JoAnn as their chapel coordinator. The Chapel package & contract included JoAnn's services for coordination with vendors and some wedding planning. While the contract indicated that she would provide a certain amount of services, she went above & beyond what was set out in the contract.

Dan & I were ahead of the game, as we had already decided on the venue. JoAnn gave us suggestions for caterers, rentals, rehearsal dinner, DJ, and flowers. We had plenty of discussions & she was available to answer my questions by telephone, E-mail & in person. I loved our meetings over coffee/tea. She gave suggestions, listened to me gripe about various issues/friends/relatives (then she helped me chill out), gave ideas for setup and decoration and let me know if she thought someone was charging me a fair price. If I had forgotten to pick up an item of decoration, she'd go and pick it up for me! When the rental Chupah was delivered and not up to par, she set out (on the day of the wedding no less) and acquired another one. She made sure the entire day ran smoothly and Heidi was great, too.

I am an independent person, so I was seeking JoAnn's advice/assistance, but I made all the choices. However, if you're a person that wants someone to make the decisions for you and plan it all out and execute it (i.e., if you are an out of town bride), I know she's done that. I was local and am very hands on and a bit of a perfectionist. JoAnn and I worked together wonderfully. She got a great read on me and my fiancé and helped me make a plan accordingly. She helped me flesh out my vision for my dream wedding and then she made it come true. Thank you, JoAnn & Heidi.

Ashonté
10/13/2013

I hired JoAnn & Heidi 3 years ago to help plan my wedding. It was the best 3 years leading up to my wedding. Anything I wanted they executed. I gave them all my ideas and they made it happen. We definitely builded a great relationship. JoAnn was always there for me with good advice and as someone to talk to when I was stressed. They are both very personable, professional, have many great ideas, and suggestions. JoAnn and her employees made our wedding day everything and more. I wish we could do it all over again. I have and will continue to tell everyone about What Dreams Are Made Of and Cherry Brandy. I know I will hire them for another event in the near future. Again thank you sooo much JoAnn, Heidi, and the rest of the crew for being so amazing!

Private User
1+ year ago

Leading up to our big day, JoAnn and her team were absolutely amazing to work with. JoAnn answered every email, question, and request promptly and efficiently. She also did everything in her power to keep the costs within our budget while still achieving everything we envisioned - her strong relationships with other local vendors helped us score an affordable and excellent DJ. Additionally, she made herself totally available to us the week of our event, which really helped us feel at ease about the wedding day. Most importantly, she took all of our various ideas for the reception, guestbook and place cards and completely nailed the set up. The room was exactly how I imagined it to be - absolutely perfect. We didn't have to worry about a thing. JoAnn is wonderful!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

JoAnn and her team did a very nice job with my wedding. There were 10+ outside vendors to be managed and the wedding was a backyard wedding, so there was a lot of work involved in organizing and planning everything. Even though we only hired JoAnn for "month of" planning, she was very helpful outside of that month- even 6 months before our wedding- with vendor suggestions and planning tips and always got back to us very quickly. We did not live in the area where we got married so it was incredibly helpful to have JoAnn who seemed to know each of the vendors very well help us pick what would be best for what we wanted.
Because of the nature of our wedding there were a couple of hiccups in the days leading up with a couple of vendors but JoAnn handled it well and most importantly, everything ran smoothly on the day of our wedding and I know she must have played a big part in that. I was too busy enjoying myself to pay much attention to if everything was running smoothly or not- which probably means JoAnn was doing her job very well! I got many compliments with how nice our wedding was and how smoothly it all seemed to go.
Overall we were very happy with how our wedding turned out and we would recommend JoAnn to anyone who needs a wedding planner in the Sullivan County area!

Ellie and Greg:
It was such a pleasure to help with your wedding. We truly loved the opportunity to make your wedding day so special. Thanks again!!
JoAnn

1 person found this review helpful

What Dreams are Made of was the most pleasant experiences of my wedding planning. I first contacted JoAnn after finding out about her on this website, I am so happy I trusted this website to find What Dreams are Made of. JoAnn had come to me in one of the most difficult times times of my life. Although I was thrilled to be engaged and ready to start a new chapter in my life, my mother had just passed away. I was lost and saddened that she would not be here to help me prepare for my special day. JoAnn assisted me through my grieving process by putting the excitement back into my life with her wedding planning expertise. She went above and beyond my expectations by being along side with my when I tried on my first wedding dress to holding the back of my train before I took my walk down the isle. She was knowledgeable about wedding venues (which she came with me to view), vendors, flowers, budgeting, designs, and even memorial ideas in honor of my mother. The time and passion she puts into her work is incredible. I would recommend her for small weddings to large grand events. There is nothing that What Dreams are Made of did not make possible for my beautiful wedding day. It was what I had always imagined, and all for a very fair price. To anyone contemplating What Dreams are Made of my advice would be to trust the wonderful reviews and go for it! Not only did I receive phenomenal service I made a friend for life.

What Dreams Are Made Of... responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Melissa! Not only am I so proud of this review, you also made me cry. It was such a pleasure to be a part of your wedding.... And... YES you did make a new friend!!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Dress & Attire, Entertainer, Flowers, Invitations, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Petra
08/02/2013

I found What Dreams are made of through a friend who had used them to plan her wedding. I mainly needed help because I was too busy with work, school, and honestly wanted no part in planning a wedding. JoAnn was wonderful from the beginning. She helped me select a site, found the caterer, flowers, did the decor, organized getting the booze, rentals...just everything! It could not have been any easier! She was there for me 24/7 via text and email and was a great consultant, friend, and planner! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!

Kathryn
1 Review
06/29/2013

JoAnn was wonderful!! She made everything so perfect and easy and was full of excellent suggestions and recommendations. We received lots compliments on our wedding from our guests saying it was one of the nicest they had ever been to and this is all thanks to JoAnn!

Chris
1 Review
05/18/2013

We hired JoAnn and company as day-of event coordinators after we had to part ways with our previous wedding planner. The difference in service between our previous planner and What Dreams was remarkable. In addition to handling everything we asked for, they were proactive in addressing problems before they happened, and adding service we had not thought of. One example: JoAnn called our bus company to make sure the buses we rented had air conditioning, even though we hadn't thought to include that. They also had existing relationships with most of the other vendors we were using, so that made things go very smoothly.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

JoAnn was absolutely wonderful! We truly couldn't have done it without us.

Lucia and Sean:
You were one of my favorite couples! From the moment we met you both on New Year's Eve, we knew that we would love working with you! Thank you again, for the opportunity to create the wedding of your dreams! Keep in touch!
JoAnn, Vincent, Heidi and staff

Services Used: Wedding Planning

JoAnn provided week-of coordination for our wedding and I could not have been more pleased. Her responsiveness was perfect - responded to emails and phone calls within, at most, 1 hour and usually within minutes. I was unsure of how to handle certain situations, but JoAnn had the knowledge and assertiveness to get things done quickly and efficiently. Her rapport on the day of our wedding was just perfect. She was there when needed but did not interfere with the flow of the wedding. My hair stylist canceled the day before the wedding and she worked diligently to help us find a replacement. Most of all, she eliminated any stress the week before our wedding and allowed us to spend much needed time with our families who we don't get to see very often (we live in Maryland and our parents live in NY and AZ). I would absolutely recommend JoAnn and What Dreams Are Made Of without hesitation.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

My wife and I we're married last weekend. Like most weddings, this took months of planning: we had the perfect setting for the ceremony, another gorgeous setting for the rehearsal, the flowers, the invites, even color coordinated drink stirrers...

As independent New Yorkers, we thought we could do everything ourselves. As I mentioned, we already planned every detail, even those color coordinated drink stirrers. No need for a wedding planner, right? But, then reality struck. Even after looking over every detail dozens of times, there were still things we missed—the details within the details.

JoAnn was recommended to us and we arranged to meet her for dinner. Before our plates arrived, we could already tell that she was going to be a huge help. Those details we were concerned about. JoAnn solved those before we ordered. The details we never thought about. JoAnn took care of those before appetizers. For desert, she recommended the blueberry pie. “Trust me” she said. And, we did.

While the pie was delightful, JoAnn was absolutely AMAZING. We’ve never, been able to call someone with the ability to answer every question we had. Not only that; but, every question was answered with a simple phone call or email. More importantly, JoAnn took care of many details before we even had time to worry about them.

She made our special day calm, easy and delightful. In short, she was one of the best choices we have made as a couple. If your looking for a wedding planner, start your search by making a dinner reservation with JoAnn.

What Dreams Are Made Of... responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much Jen and Todd. It was our pleasure to be a part of your beautiful wedding! So glad the blueberry pie was a hit :) We wish you both a beautiful lifetime of love and happiness! Thank you for entrusting the most important day of your life to us!!!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

JoAnn Is an excellent source for information, resources and overall help. I cannot rave about her communication with me and my husband enough. She took care of things that we had no idea to even think of and addressed hiccups likes champion! It may sound like hyperbole but I wish we could use Joann's help going forward too but I will have to settle for recommending her highly to anyone getting married in the Hudson Valley.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

JoAnn and her staff stepped in the week before my wedding and saved our special day from an incredibly unprofessional planner who left us high and dry. She was sympathetic, yet focused and determined to give us our day the way we had envisioned. She and her team met with many obstacles, including procuring a tent and all the rentals, and dealing with vendors who were close friends of the former planner. She never passed these stresses onto myself or my husband, and at the end of the day, JoAnn and her team saved our wedding. We cannot express our gratitude enough, and I only wish we had hired her sooner.

What Dreams Are Made Of... responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Gina and Pete. It was our pleasure being allowed to be a part of your wedding day! Thank you for entrusting What Dreams Are Made Of... with your most important day!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Joann provided advise and support for all aspects of my daughters wedding. She went above and beyond what was expected of her. She was available to us whenever we needed her. Her positive outlook reassured us throughout the planning and made the wedding day relaxed for my daughter and son-in-law.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I would never hire anyone else but JoAnn to coordinate my wedding, simply put, she is the best!....her company's name says it best. "what dreams are made of" truly made our wedding day magical. thank you for putting up with me over the phone, for accommodating my quirky demands and expectations, for completing my tasks, the decorations, and dealing with the stress. from day 1 you have been consistent and Nathan & I truly appreciative of it!!

What Dreams Are Made Of... responded with the following comments:

Thank you soooo much Keisha and Nate. I truly loved being a part of your wedding. From the moment I met you guys, I knew that it was going to be a fun adventure! Your wedding day was beautiful because you guys make such a beautiful couple! Keep in touch!!!