Waterside Restaurant and Catering

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

My fiancé and I chose the Waterside as the venue for our engagement party (February 28, 2015) and we could not have picked a more perfect place! The theme of our party was "The Great Gatsby," and the third floor where our party was allowed that theme to come alive. It is a beautiful venue with an art deco, glamorous and modern vibe. The view, the food, the service and the attention to detail were excellent. We wanted a venue in New Jersey where you could see the NYC skyline, and the view was breathtaking and made for incredible photos. The food was delicious from the salad, the appetizers, to multiple choices of entrees and then finally desserts, our guests are still talking about how much they loved it and how plentiful it was. Shantel was great to work with from the day we booked the venue until the night of the party. She took care of everything and allowed us to enjoy our party carefree! All in all, the party was a success and I (along with my fiancé, our families and I'm sure our guests) would highly recommend this venue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I booked this venue the day after we looked at it! Not only is this family kind and accommodating, they are extremely helpful and stick by their word which is something we did NOT experience when we looked at The Liberty House. Waterside is beautiful, affordable and they went out of their way to make sure our day, in the busiest wedding season...happens! The food, the location, everything about it is wonderful! FRAN IS WONDERFUL!!!!

Leticia
02/28/2015

Shantal Videla is the event coordinator and let me tell boy did she delivered! She answered every email, every concern that we had for our wedding. Her attention to detail and her level of professionalism helped me realized that I made a good choice in choosing The Waterside as my wedding venue. Shantal made sure that my ideas were met at our big day. She even went out of her way to make sure that my last minute change ( on the day of my wedding) was done. Thank you so much Shantal and the entire staff at The Waterside

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our first child Baby shower at this location and couldn't be happier with their services. Everything was provided as agreed before hand and the food and service quality was exceptional.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

I had my company holiday function at this location. I selected it as I had been there for a wedding a few months earlier. The food, the view, the space, etc. were all perfect. Our coordinator Shantal worked with us on making our party perfect. I would recommend Waterside for any function.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't think of any other place in New Jersey where you have: 1) An incredible view of the NY skyline, 2) The owners' total commitment to your event's success, 3) A staff that is dedicated to serve and delight you 4) And exceptional menu

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When we started planning our wedding, we truly knew there was no other place but the Waterside Restaurant for our big day. VIEW! VIEW! VIEW!- Waterside has one of the most SPECTACULAR views of the NYC Skyline. We were fortunate enough to have our ceremony outdoors and it was just perfect! Your guests will be mesmerized and it makes for unbelievably beautiful photos.

VENUE- the space has a modern, art deco feel and not the traditional 'banquety' feel. I loved the lounge type layout that was used for cocktail hour equipped with cocktail tables and couches spread out all around the space. The reception is held on a different floor which has the more formal feel. Both spaces have uplights with a variety of colors to match your wedding scheme. Could it get any better? The answer is YES!

MENU- OMG the menu!!! This is where we were sold when we first visited the Waterside Restaurant. The cocktail hour alone has more of a variety of food choices than you will probably ever find anywhere else. But it's not just the abundance of food- it's the quality of the food. Waterside really takes the time to create a menu that will be simply unforgettable. We opted for the seafood bar which included an ABUNDANCE of unlimited cocktail shrimp. Add some lobster ravioli and mushroom risotto and that makes for the start of a very tasty evening!

SERVICE- I needed to save the best for last. From the MOMENT we walked through the door, we were greeted by nothing short of EXCEPTIONAL service. Shantal & Gus took care of us from start to finish and were simply amazing. Shantal's patience through our decision making and her advice and suggestions helped us so much in our choices for the big day. Paired with her awesome personality and great sense of humor, Shantal really took the time ensure we did not have to worry about a thing on our big day. We all wish for the most perfect wedding. And the Waterside Restaurant made that day happen for us. Thank you!!!!!!!

The Perfect Ricciardi/McGuire Wedding - October 2014

Why did we choose the Waterside Restaurant as the location for our wedding ceremony and reception?

First and foremost, the view of Manhattan's west side was spectacular. Especially at night. All the way from the Freedom Tower to the George Washington Bridge. As a resident of Manhattan I looked at the view and said, "This is me, this is my city." We called the next day to reserve a date.

We had the wedding ceremony outside, the cocktail hour on the second floor with floor to ceiling windows facing Manhattan, and the reception on the third floor which also had a view.

The Waterside location was convenient. Close to several hotels, shopping mall, other restaurants, and water taxis to Manhattan. And a great benefit was the Waterside had free parking.

Shantal, Leslie and Frances were there with me from the beginning to the end. And they worked well with the vendors we used. Out of the ordinary requests were never a difficulty. They cheerfully met every request with cheer and great presentation. And they never tired of my daily phone calls.

The food was tremendous. Our guests claimed our wedding was the best one they had ever attended. One relative told us they had never attended a wedding like that one.

It was special for all.

I would highly recommend the Waterside Restaurant for your wedding reception. It met and exceeded all of our expectations.

Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

Thanks to Waterside, our wedding has been called the "best wedding" that our family and friends have "EVER been to". We are so happy with the way everything turned out from the food, the service, and the staff. The staff is so accommodating - they catered to everything we asked for and went out of their way to make the wedding phenomenal. Our guests are still raving about the quality of food, the drinks, the service, and of course the amazing view. My bridal attendant Miguel was so helpful and attentive, and working with Shantal was a wonderful experience. We were a lucky bride and groom, they made sure that we ate and drank at our own wedding. We were brought a sampling of everything during the cocktail hour and they made sure we sat and ate our dinner. Our guests were saying they have never eaten so much than they did at our wedding and it was all delicious. The night was amazing and I highly recommend the Waterside - it's worth every penny. And you cannot beat that beautiful view!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our October 18, 2014 Wedding My husband (Tadji) and I cannot THANK the Waterside, especially Fran, Miguel, Chantal, and Leslie for making our wedding PERFECT! I always dreamed of having a wedding with the NYC view and believed it would never happen, but it did! Planning our wedding was super easy with the staff because they were so professional, quick to respond to phone calls and e-mails. Fran... is amazing!!!!! She had wonderful suggestions for the big day, which made the whole event run smoothly. My husband and I opted to have our ceremony at the Waterside and we were so fortunate to have perfect weather and the beautiful view of NYC. The night of the wedding, Chantal and Miguel treated my husband and I like royalty. My parents kept raving throughout the night (and after the wedding) on how detailed oriented they were. All of the wait staff was professional and attentive with our family and friends. All of our family and friends loved the food, venue, and staff! I cannot wait to see photos! Thank you Waterside for making our wedding the most perfect day of our lives!

Jayna
10/10/2014

Our ceremony and reception at the Waterside was absolutely amazing. The view was unbelievable and the food was out of this world. Fran and her staff catered to our every need. All our guest raved about the cocktail hour (especially the duck station). The bar tenders were outstanding, everyone always had a drink in their hands. Chantelle was such a big help. She took great care of my husband and I and made sure we were able to taste all the food and enjoy our cocktail hour.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Once I walked into Waterside Restaurant I quickly knew this was where I wanted my wedding.The view is breathtaking! ! I am an actor and model who currently works in NY and having the view of NY was magical. && the food was delicious. My guests were very pleased with the food. My husband is a NJ State Trooper and gives Waterside 2 thumbs up as well!! From Reyna & Luis

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I would like to thank everyone at Waterside for everything they did for us. We had a rain storm but you guys manage to deal with my groomzilla husband and made it look perfect! For that, we thank you. We appreciate everything.

Without a doubt, we highly recommend Waterside. For couples out there reading this review, you guys won't be disappointed if you pick Waterside as your venue and/or ceremony. They know what they're doing! ;-)

Waterside Restaurant and Catering responded with the following comments:

Hi Trisha and Evan,

Congratulations on getting married! it was such a pleasure to host your wedding here on August 31st. We are thrilled you enjoyed your special day here at Waterside. Thank you so much for choosing us. You were both such a pleasure to work with in planning your wedding. We wish you a lifetime of happiness, and look forward to seeing you soon.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What can we say? WOW! AMAZING! FANTASTIC! WONDERFUL! THOUGHTFUL! The staff at Waterside are amazing...just amazing. Shatal, Miguel and Francis are the BEST in the business and truly made our day a huge success. Not to mention, the entire crew that worked our wedding was just the BEST. Our guests are still talking about what a fantastic time they had and how wonderful the food and service was. As a professional trained chef, I (Bride) was VERY pleased with the food selection, quality and overall taste of everything consumed.

If we could get married all over again, we would choose Waterside hands down. That is why I know we will host another event there in the future.

Waterside Restaurant and Catering responded with the following comments:

Hi Chester and Felise,

Thank you so much for this very kind review. It means the world to us that we can make our Brides and Grooms happy on the most important day of there lives. It was such a pleasure to have you hear at the venue. We are so glad your guests enjoyed the wedding as well. Thank you so much! We wish you a lifetime of health and happiness together! Congratulations from all of us at Waterside

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding reception at Waterside was absolutely spectacular! Waterside had everything that my husband and I were looking for in a venue- breathtaking views of the city, a modern interior, good food and drinks, and wonderful staff members. We were so lucky to work with Frances, Lesley, and Shantal. These 3 women did such a wonderful job in making sure that we had everything that we wanted for our reception. They were all very organized and accommodating. Lesley always took the time to promptly respond to my multiple emails and answered all of my questions and concerns. Frances truly understood what my husband and I envisioned for our wedding, and she is an amazing planner. Shantal was our maitre d' during our reception. She did a fabulous job in making sure that my husband and I were able to eat, drink and dance! Shantal also made sure everything during our reception went as planned and she ensured that our guests were having a good time. Our guests had such a wonderful time, and they really enjoyed the food! They were amazed with all of the delicious and plentiful food. Overall, I would highly recommend Waterside to any bride that is looking for a modern venue with magnificent views of the city, good food, and wonderful staff members. Thank you so much to all of the staff at Waterside. Our wedding reception was everything that we wanted and more because of all of your efforts!

Private User
Recently Married

Planning our wedding was a pleasurable and wonderful experience. The staff at Waterside was extremely accommodating and professional. Frances was always there for us, every step of the way, Her recommendations and suggestions were perfect. Frances, Shantale, Bob and the Team are what makes the difference. The event and view was priceless. Highly recommended!!!!