Waterside Restaurant and Catering

(5.0/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

The Perfect Ricciardi/McGuire Wedding - October 2014

Why did we choose the Waterside Restaurant as the location for our wedding ceremony and reception?

First and foremost, the view of Manhattan's west side was spectacular. Especially at night. All the way from the Freedom Tower to the George Washington Bridge. As a resident of Manhattan I looked at the view and said, "This is me, this is my city." We called the next day to reserve a date.

We had the wedding ceremony outside, the cocktail hour on the second floor with floor to ceiling windows facing Manhattan, and the reception on the third floor which also had a view.

The Waterside location was convenient. Close to several hotels, shopping mall, other restaurants, and water taxis to Manhattan. And a great benefit was the Waterside had free parking.

Shantal, Leslie and Frances were there with me from the beginning to the end. And they worked well with the vendors we used. Out of the ordinary requests were never a difficulty. They cheerfully met every request with cheer and great presentation. And they never tired of my daily phone calls.

The food was tremendous. Our guests claimed our wedding was the best one they had ever attended. One relative told us they had never attended a wedding like that one.

It was special for all.

I would highly recommend the Waterside Restaurant for your wedding reception. It met and exceeded all of our expectations.
Wedding: 10/12/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Once I walked into Waterside Restaurant I quickly knew this was where I wanted my wedding.The view is breathtaking! ! I am an actor and model who currently works in NY and having the view of NY was magical. && the food was delicious. My guests were very pleased with the food. My husband is a NJ State Trooper and gives Waterside 2 thumbs up as well!! From Reyna & Luis
Wedding: 09/04/2014
Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I would like to thank everyone at Waterside for everything they did for us. We had a rain storm but you guys manage to deal with my groomzilla husband and made it look perfect! For that, we thank you. We appreciate everything.

Without a doubt, we highly recommend Waterside. For couples out there reading this review, you guys won't be disappointed if you pick Waterside as your venue and/or ceremony. They know what they're doing! ;-)
Hi Trisha and Evan,

Congratulations on getting married! it was such a pleasure to host your wedding here on August 31st. We are thrilled you enjoyed your special day here at Waterside. Thank you so much for choosing us. You were both such a pleasure to work with in planning your wedding. We wish you a lifetime of happiness, and look forward to seeing you soon.

Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
What can we say? WOW! AMAZING! FANTASTIC! WONDERFUL! THOUGHTFUL! The staff at Waterside are amazing...just amazing. Shatal, Miguel and Francis are the BEST in the business and truly made our day a huge success. Not to mention, the entire crew that worked our wedding was just the BEST. Our guests are still talking about what a fantastic time they had and how wonderful the food and service was. As a professional trained chef, I (Bride) was VERY pleased with the food selection, quality and overall taste of everything consumed.

If we could get married all over again, we would choose Waterside hands down. That is why I know we will host another event there in the future.
Hi Chester and Felise,

Thank you so much for this very kind review. It means the world to us that we can make our Brides and Grooms happy on the most important day of there lives. It was such a pleasure to have you hear at the venue. We are so glad your guests enjoyed the wedding as well. Thank you so much! We wish you a lifetime of health and happiness together! Congratulations from all of us at Waterside
Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding reception at Waterside was absolutely spectacular! Waterside had everything that my husband and I were looking for in a venue- breathtaking views of the city, a modern interior, good food and drinks, and wonderful staff members.
We were so lucky to work with Frances, Lesley, and Shantal. These 3 women did such a wonderful job in making sure that we had everything that we wanted for our reception. They were all very organized and accommodating. Lesley always took the time to promptly respond to my multiple emails and answered all of my questions and concerns. Frances truly understood what my husband and I envisioned for our wedding, and she is an amazing planner. Shantal was our maitre d' during our reception. She did a fabulous job in making sure that my husband and I were able to eat, drink and dance! Shantal also made sure everything during our reception went as planned and she ensured that our guests were having a good time.
Our guests had such a wonderful time, and they really enjoyed the food! They were amazed with all of the delicious and plentiful food.
Overall, I would highly recommend Waterside to any bride that is looking for a modern venue with magnificent views of the city, good food, and wonderful staff members.
Thank you so much to all of the staff at Waterside. Our wedding reception was everything that we wanted and more because of all of your efforts!
Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I had the privilege of having our wedding at the Waterside on August 2nd and this venue is absolutely amazing. The only request my husband had while searching for the perfect venue, was for it to be on the Hudson with the NYC skyline. We looked at a few places before we went to the waterside and every one of them was overpriced and just wasn't for us. When we went to the Waterside, we knew right away that it was the place for our wedding! We met with Francis the first day and she went over the whole menu and what is included in the price, which let me tell you is EXTREMELY reasonable for what is included and the fantastic view of NYC. They were able to remove things from the menu that we did not want to lower the price. For every other place, the price was set in stone. Also, the food - ohhh myyyy the food!!! It was the best food I have ever had at a wedding!!! We also worked with Shantal and Lesley, who were absolutely amazing and very accommodating.
We received so many outstanding compliments from our guests. Many of which said it was the best wedding they have ever been to and how much they loved the food and the view!!
We can't thank the Waterside enough for making our day perfect!!!
Kate and Jerry
Kate and Jerry,

Congratulations to such a wonderful, beautiful couple. We are so happy we could provide for you all you were looking for on your special day. It was great working with both of you. Couples like you make our job enjoyable. Thank you for allowing us to share your special day with you. We would love to see you soon, and look forward to celebrating many special occasions for you.

Wedding: 08/02/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If you are looking for a modern venue with a beautiful NYC view and you have a guest list of ~200 or less, THIS IS YOUR PLACE. (Waterside can fit up to ~215 guests, but I wouldn't personally suggest it..) We had our ceremony outdoors and they set up the space exactly as we asked, they even lit the citronella candles that I had brought over because I'm allergic to mosquito bites. Our cocktail hour was held on the second floor; the reception followed on the third floor. This venue is a one-wedding-at-a-time type of place. Our guests loved the views, the atmosphere, and especially, the food! This in not a ballroom type venue which was perfect for us.

Lesley, Fran, and Shantal were all amazing to work with. Lesley and Fran handled all of the planning, emails, and nitty-gritty details - they were responsive, accommodating, and friendly. Fran also had wonderful suggestions and tips whenever we spoke which ALL worked out perfectly. Shantal was our maitre'd on our wedding day and she was perfect - she handled any problems that came up, made sure we had everything we needed, and she also gave us a quiet moment during cocktail hour away from the guests to make sure we had time to eat. Our glasses were never empty all night! Their staff was also wonderful, making sure that the ceremony went off without a hitch and they were perfect through the reception and even the after party.

From our first visit until we left after the wedding, our experience with Waterside was everything we had hoped it would be. Our friends cannot stop raving about how amazing the wedding was!
Wedding: 07/05/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Greeks demonstrate their virtue and goodness by extending their warmth and hospitality (philoneksía) to their guests. In Greek mythology there is a religious obligation to be hospitable to strangers. It is considered a measure of their spirituality and it is believed that treating each guest as if they were a deity in disguise would lead to good and great rewards both here on earth and in heaven.
On July 4th my wife, the former Prima Ballerina of the NJ Ballet and one of the original Balanchine girls, Kathleen Ann McCready and I the Reverend Lawrence Michael Heisler, half Greek on my mother's side, were treated to a level of philonesksia that the Gods of Greek Mythology would have reveled in. We chose the Waterside Catering in North Bergen partially because it's a beautiful wedding and party facility with breath-taking views of the New York skyline and the mighty Hudson River but more importantly because it's owners and management are warm, terrific and sincerely good people who also just happen to be meticulously consummate professionals when it comes to the Art of Catering. These folks really know how to create a major celebration and with a dignified flare. Their entire staff were warm and welcoming and performed at an extraordinarily high level with sensitivity and anticipation. I would be amiss if I didn't share many words about a great kitchen staff and about their chef that is fast becoming known as a culinary giant. The accolades from our guests about our amazing little affair have been overwhelming. Statements about the “incredible food and beverage service,” “the hospitality!” “the beautiful inspired floral environment and that “magical LED wedding room with the panoramic windows of the NY skyline!” Yes, thank you Frances, you said that it would be an extraordinary evening for our guests and you with your talented staff delivered the goods! The overall performance of the Waterside Catering specifically in regard to our wedding...5 DIAMONDS
Kathy and Larry,

We are blown away by such a kind review. It was truly our pleasure to host your wedding here on the Fourth of July. It was absolutely amazing! We are grateful to you for giving us the chance to be a part of your special day. We are thrilled both you, and your guests had such a great time. You were wonderful, and a joy to work with. We wish you all the best, and a lifetime of happiness to such an amazing, beautiful couple.
Wedding: 07/04/2014
Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had our wedding a few days ago at Waterside and I need to write this review as soon as possible to let everyone know just how FABULOUS Waterside is. When we were looking for a venue with a skyline view we visited several along the hudson. All were very stuffy and overpriced. When we walked into Waterside we knew this was the place we wanted. It is clean, bright, and has a relaxed and welcoming feel.
In the year that we were planning our wedding Shantal was there to help us with ANY questions we had. She was so warm, energetic, and knowledgeable. Her and her staff went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was perfect and it was!! We wanted an outdoor ceremony and they made sure we got one, just before the rain started to pour! They went above and beyond to make sure that we were happy. EVERYONE was raving about the food, I am still receiving calls and emails about how delicious everything was.
Overall- We would HIGHLY recommend Waterside for your wedding! The venue and staff gave us the best day ever and we could never thank them enough =)
Keren and Alex,

Congratulations on your wedding! It was beautiful! it was a pleasure to work with you in planning your wedding here on July 3rd. You are such an amazing couple, and we wish you a lifetime of happiness together. We are so glad we could make your dream come true, and glad that you were able to have the beautiful outdoor ceremony you dreamed of! Thank you for the kind, thoughtful review. We would love to see you here soon! All the best!
Wedding: 07/03/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I celebrated our 50th birthdays/ 25th wedding anniversary with a combined party at the Waterside. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing everything was! We have thrown many parties at MANY different venues and my guests were all telling me that this one was the BEST! It started with Shantal who is so professional and knows exactly how to get to know your personality and figure out what will be the best party for you and your guests. I told her I didn't want a lengthy sit down dinner and she set up the room with cocktail tables, couches, and fun furniture so it had more of a cocktail party feel. The view is breathtaking! When my guests walked in to the room, their mouths dropped in awe! I had originally wanted a rooftop bar in NYC for my party and this surpassed it by far! The food was delicious and plentiful! We had timing issues because of guests arriving late and Shantal was so easygoing about "our schedule" and adjusted it by just reading the crowd. MANY times throughout the night, she would ask me if I wanted a glass of wine or a plate of food. I didn't have to think of one thing and could just enjoy my party and my guests! If you are contemplating booking the Waterside, DO IT!!! You will not be disappointed!!!
Beth,

Happy birthday and Happy Anniversary to such a beautiful couple. It was our pleasure hosting both your 50th birthday parties and 25th anniversary here! It is great to see such a wonderful couple such as yourselves celebrating their anniversary with an amazing party. You both made our job very easy in planning this event. We wish you all the best! A big Thank you from all of us here at Waterside!
Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This is the second time my family is using the Waterside venue for special events. The first was my niece's 1st birthday party (which was like a wedding in itself) and just two weekends ago, I had my wedding there and it couldn't of been more perfect. We had the ceremony outside by the water, the cocktail hour on the second floor where you could see the entire city with great views and then followed with the reception upstairs. My friends, coworkers and families were all raving about how modern and beautiful the space was and THE FOOD!!! I worked with Francis initially and followed up with Chantelle later for all the details. Having already performed so many weddings at the venue, all the minor details you would never think of were like second nature to them. From the timeline of what the day would look like to the outcome, my husband and I couldn't of been more pleased. Thank you so much for an amazing day that will always remain special to us! -Ellen & Sung
Ellen and Sung

Thank you so much for the wonderful, kind, review. It is so comforting to know that you and your family have planned many events with us. Thank you for allowing us to be part of all the special events in your lives. It was truly a pleasure to work with you in planning your wedding, and host your special day here. We look forward to many more special events with you in the future. Congratulations and Best Wishes to you, from all of us at Waterside Restaurant and Catering
Wedding: 06/14/2014

Ashley 3 Reviews
Waterside Restaurant was Heaven sent to us! From the minute I called and spoke to Francis, I knew that this was the place that we were going to get married and have our reception. Francis was extremely friendly and professional and we enjoyed working with her and the restaurant during the entire process, along with Leslie and Chantell. Everyone was so friendly and accomodating and experienced. The restaurant and reception/ceremony area is absolutely stunning and breathtaking. Our ceremony was outdoors with the NYC skyline as our backdrop. The cocktail and reception halls were absolutely gorgeous as well. Everything that we wanted and more. The staff was extremely friendly and all of our guests raved about the place and especially the food. I am so happy that we found this place and shared our special day there.
Hi Ashley and Matthew,

Congratulations It was truly a pleasure hosting your wedding here at Waterside on May 30th. You are such an amazing couple, and so easy to work with. We are very grateful for your kind words, and truly enjoyed being a part of your special day. We would love for you to come and visit us soon, we look forward to spending more special occasions with you.

Frances, Shantal, Lesley
Wedding: 05/30/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Waterside Restaurant and Catering gave my husband and me what truly was the best day of our lives. Waterside was the first venue we visited when we started planning our wedding, and my husband said right away that it would be the one we would choose. I checked out a few other venues and, with each one, quickly came to the conclusion that none would compare. We were looking for a city view first and foremost, and Waterside provides everything you could ask for in terms of that – from the GWB to the Freedom Tower and everything in between, you can see it all, with only the Hudson River between. Besides the breathtaking view of the city, Waterside also has the greatest, most responsive staff. Frances and Chantal were always available at a moment’s notice with answers to our questions throughout our engagement, and on the day of the wedding they worked so hard, with a smile, to ensure that everything we needed was taken care of. The venue itself is gorgeous – fun, modern, and elegant. We also had our ceremony there, and because of the weather that day it was moved inside. I thought this might disappoint me, but the indoor setup and views from inside are so beautiful that it didn’t faze us one bit. And the food was incredible both in quantity and quality – our guests thought the cocktail hour was dinner because there was so much! There is something for everyone, and it’s all absolutely delicious. Both during and after the reception, so many of our guests told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to; we are still getting compliments on everything. But the real compliments should go to Waterside Restaurant and Catering. From start to finish, it was the perfect day at the best venue we could have imagined.
Brittany,

Thank you so much for the review. We can not wait to see you and your husband soon. You we were truly a pleasure to work with and your wedding was absolutely amazing. We are so happy to be a part of your special day
Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
So my husband and I found this venue and fell in love with it. We fell in love with the New York view but the venue was also beautiful very modern and the staff were. Our guest raved about the food and how many options were available to them during the cocktail hour. We worked with Shantal she was great anytime we had questions or wanted to come in and create a table with our own tablecloths she was always available to us. On the big day she took care of us and made sure everything ran smoothy. Our guest loved the venue everything was beautiful Thanks to Shantal and the whole team at Waterside Restaurant & Catering
Ewa,

Thank you so much! Your wedding was beautiful. Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It means the world to us. We can't wait to see you soon!
Wedding: 05/03/2014
Services Used: Catering
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My wedding at Waterside was amazing and exceeded all of my expectations! Due to the rainy weather the ceremony was inside, which ended up being just beautiful! The guests are still raving about the quantity AND quality of food at cocktail hour; it's definitely the best I have ever seen! My wedding was about 130 people, which was an absolute perfect size for the reception room with plenty of space for dancing. Shantal and the whole team were accommodating, attentive, very prompt in responding and making sure all my requests were taken care of. Thank you for one of the best, happiest, most fun days I could have ever imagined!
Hi Alison,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! You were such a pleasure, and the wedding was beautiful despite the weather. Your pictures are absolutely amazing as well. Thank you for choosing us for your wedding! We look forward to seeing you very soon
Wedding: 04/26/2014

Carla 2 Reviews
I could have never imagined the amazing wedding the Waterside gave to us. Shantal, Gus & Frances went above & beyond for us. I can hardly put into words how magical our wedding was! From the beautiful ceremony to a blow-you-away cocktail hour to the hands down best reception I've ever seen, the Waterside staff could not have been more accommodating. One week later and we are still hearing how amazing the wedding was from friends & family. I highly recommend Waterside for any bride looking for a venue in the NYC/North Jersey area! Thank you Waterside!
Carla,

Thank you so much or the beautiful review. your wedding was amazing and it was such a pleasure hosting it. You are such such a beautiful couple, and we look forward to seeing you very soon
Wedding: 04/05/2014
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
 201-781-1897
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire