Waterside Restaurant and Catering

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

My fiancé and I chose the Waterside as the venue for our engagement party (February 28, 2015) and we could not have picked a more perfect place! The theme of our party was "The Great Gatsby," and the third floor where our party was allowed that theme to come alive. It is a beautiful venue with an art deco, glamorous and modern vibe. The view, the food, the service and the attention to detail were excellent. We wanted a venue in New Jersey where you could see the NYC skyline, and the view was breathtaking and made for incredible photos. The food was delicious from the salad, the appetizers, to multiple choices of entrees and then finally desserts, our guests are still talking about how much they loved it and how plentiful it was. Shantel was great to work with from the day we booked the venue until the night of the party. She took care of everything and allowed us to enjoy our party carefree! All in all, the party was a success and I (along with my fiancé, our families and I'm sure our guests) would highly recommend this venue!

Danielle,

Congratulations to you and your husband on your wedding. Your Great Gatsby wedding was amazing. We are so thrilled to be part of your special day. we hope to celebrate many us special occasions with you in the future

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I booked this venue the day after we looked at it! Not only is this family kind and accommodating, they are extremely helpful and stick by their word which is something we did NOT experience when we looked at The Liberty House. Waterside is beautiful, affordable and they went out of their way to make sure our day, in the busiest wedding season...happens! The food, the location, everything about it is wonderful! FRAN IS WONDERFUL!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our guests continue to e-mail us "Best Wedding Ever!" for which we want to recognize the efforts of everybody at the Waterside.

We received personal service from Frances throughout the arrangements and we felt that she took a personal interest in ensuring our party would be special. When the big day arrived, the cocktail hour was tremendous, and the dinner (we offered choices of Chateaubriand, Chilean Sea Bass or Chicken) was delicious; a complete selection of top shelf liquors were offered over two open bars. The views of the river and the Manhattan skyline are stunning; the service was prompt and attentive; and the ambience was great.

We would highly recommend this venue to any couples presently planning a wedding.

Private User
Recently Married

Waterside is amazing! Chantal was so helpful and the whole event was just perfect!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We hosted a retirement party at Waterside and all the guests raved about the room, view and food. We had a private room with an impeccable view of the skyline. It felt very personal and intimate even though there was ample room to move around and socialize. The food was delicious and the service was exemplary.

Hi Teresa,

Thank you for the wonderful, kind words. It was such a pleasure hosting your event here on May 1st. We look forward to working with you again in the near future.

Services Used: Catering

Shantal was our maitre'd and our wedding planner throughout the whole process. She is AMAZING!! She was so quick to respond to e-mails as well as requests. She made sure everything was planned out accordingly and made the process for us so much easier. We are truly thankful for her patience with us. I had amazing reviews from guests on how well everything was executed. They never felt rushed during the whole event. They loved everything about Waterside, but their main point was the VIEW, of course and you know us Asians, we love to linger and take pictures. We really got lucky with the weather this April and got to have our ceremony outside, which wow'ed our guests because the view was spectacular. Getting them inside was the hardest part, but once they got in, all they could talk about was the FOOD and how DELICIOUS it was and the selection was so overwhelming. They had a blast! A week after the wedding and they are still raving about it ! We are so happy with the results and definitely recommend Waterside to future wedding couples! THEY ARE OUTSTANDING!!

We also wanted to thank Frances for taking the time to speak with us and help us go over our itinerary for that day. She was super detailed, which we love and was a delight. She was always there to answer any questions for us as well as any concerns that we had. She is also amazing! Till this day we are getting "Best Wedding Ever" comments.

Hi Krystel,

Thank you for such a wonderful review about our staff and our venue. It was such a pleasure to be a part of your special day. Congratulations to you and your Husband and we wish you a life time of health and happiness.. We look forward to the next special occasion we can join you in celebrating.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I really can't say enough about what a pleasure it was working with the event team at the Waterside! Shantal and Miguel were wonderful. During the planning stages they were always available to answer questions and went out of their way to accommodate our need for decor storage and prep time. During the event, they and the catering staff were flawless. Guest raved about not only the beauty of the venue, with its modern elegant design and amazing view of the skyline, but also the outstanding service and quality of food. I highly recommend it!

Angela,

Congratulations to you and husband! it was such a pleasure to work with you in planning your special day. We are thrilled you enjoyed it just as much as we enjoyed working with you. Thank you for giving us the chance to be a part of such a milestone occasion in your life. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Leticia
02/28/2015

Shantal Videla is the event coordinator and let me tell boy did she delivered! She answered every email, every concern that we had for our wedding. Her attention to detail and her level of professionalism helped me realized that I made a good choice in choosing The Waterside as my wedding venue. Shantal made sure that my ideas were met at our big day. She even went out of her way to make sure that my last minute change ( on the day of my wedding) was done. Thank you so much Shantal and the entire staff at The Waterside

Hi Leticia,

Thank you for your wonderful words both about our venue and our staff. it was truly a pleasure to be a part of your special day. We wish you and your husband a life time of love and happiness, and please remember to keep us in mind for any other special occasion in your life.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our first child Baby shower at this location and couldn't be happier with their services. Everything was provided as agreed before hand and the food and service quality was exceptional.

Hi Kellen,

Thank you for choosing Waterside for the Baby shower. It was a pleasure to host your event here. Congratulations on your first child! We look forward to hosting many other special occasions for you and your beautiful family.y

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

My husband and I had a PERFECT wedding reception at Waterside Restaurant and Catering. Their staff is exceptional, their food is exquisite and their views are breathtaking! We worked very closely with Shantal Videla, who made sure eveythign ran flawlessly! We strongly recommend this venue and would have not changed a thing! Love, The Matthews

Hi Kathy,

Congratulations to you and your husband on your spectacular wedding here at Waterside. It was truly a privilege to work with you in planning your special day. We wish you all the love and happiness in the world, and to spending many more special occasions with you.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake

I had my company holiday function at this location. I selected it as I had been there for a wedding a few months earlier. The food, the view, the space, etc. were all perfect. Our coordinator Shantal worked with us on making our party perfect. I would recommend Waterside for any function.

Hi Neal,

Thank you for your kind words in regards to your Holiday Party here at Waterside. We are thankful you have chosen our venue. Hopefully you will come back year after year. We would love to host another event for you.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't think of any other place in New Jersey where you have:
1) An incredible view of the NY skyline,
2) The owners' total commitment to your event's success,
3) A staff that is dedicated to serve and delight you
4) And exceptional menu

Henry.

Thank you for the kind review. It is always a pleasure to work with you. It was so exciting to host the Educating Athletes event here at Waterside. It was not only for a wonderful cause, but also a night of such excitement, enjoyed by all the guests who were here. We were happy we were able to participate in your generous foundation, and gift back to those in need.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When we started planning our wedding, we truly knew there was no other place but the Waterside Restaurant for our big day.
VIEW! VIEW! VIEW!- Waterside has one of the most SPECTACULAR views of the NYC Skyline. We were fortunate enough to have our ceremony outdoors and it was just perfect! Your guests will be mesmerized and it makes for unbelievably beautiful photos.

VENUE- the space has a modern, art deco feel and not the traditional 'banquety' feel. I loved the lounge type layout that was used for cocktail hour equipped with cocktail tables and couches spread out all around the space. The reception is held on a different floor which has the more formal feel. Both spaces have uplights with a variety of colors to match your wedding scheme. Could it get any better? The answer is YES!

MENU- OMG the menu!!! This is where we were sold when we first visited the Waterside Restaurant. The cocktail hour alone has more of a variety of food choices than you will probably ever find anywhere else. But it's not just the abundance of food- it's the quality of the food. Waterside really takes the time to create a menu that will be simply unforgettable. We opted for the seafood bar which included an ABUNDANCE of unlimited cocktail shrimp. Add some lobster ravioli and mushroom risotto and that makes for the start of a very tasty evening!

SERVICE- I needed to save the best for last. From the MOMENT we walked through the door, we were greeted by nothing short of EXCEPTIONAL service. Shantal & Gus took care of us from start to finish and were simply amazing. Shantal's patience through our decision making and her advice and suggestions helped us so much in our choices for the big day. Paired with her awesome personality and great sense of humor, Shantal really took the time ensure we did not have to worry about a thing on our big day. We all wish for the most perfect wedding. And the Waterside Restaurant made that day happen for us. Thank you!!!!!!!

Hi Jenilynn,

Congratulations on your beautiful wedding here at Waterside. Thank you for choosing our venue to host your special day. it was a pleasure to work with you and your husband. Your kind words, truly mean the world to us. We are so thrilled that both you and your guests enjoyed their evening. We look forward to seeing you in the near future. From all of us at Waterside, we would like to wish you a life time of love and happiness

The Perfect Ricciardi/McGuire Wedding - October 2014

Why did we choose the Waterside Restaurant as the location for our wedding ceremony and reception?

First and foremost, the view of Manhattan's west side was spectacular. Especially at night. All the way from the Freedom Tower to the George Washington Bridge. As a resident of Manhattan I looked at the view and said, "This is me, this is my city." We called the next day to reserve a date.

We had the wedding ceremony outside, the cocktail hour on the second floor with floor to ceiling windows facing Manhattan, and the reception on the third floor which also had a view.

The Waterside location was convenient. Close to several hotels, shopping mall, other restaurants, and water taxis to Manhattan. And a great benefit was the Waterside had free parking.

Shantal, Leslie and Frances were there with me from the beginning to the end. And they worked well with the vendors we used. Out of the ordinary requests were never a difficulty. They cheerfully met every request with cheer and great presentation. And they never tired of my daily phone calls.

The food was tremendous. Our guests claimed our wedding was the best one they had ever attended. One relative told us they had never attended a wedding like that one.

It was special for all.

I would highly recommend the Waterside Restaurant for your wedding reception. It met and exceeded all of our expectations.

Vera

Thank you for the wonderful, kind words. From all of us, it was such a pleasure to work with you. Your wedding to Tom was absolutely beautiful and we were thrilled to be a part of this special day.

Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

Thanks to Waterside, our wedding has been called the "best wedding" that our family and friends have "EVER been to". We are so happy with the way everything turned out from the food, the service, and the staff. The staff is so accommodating - they catered to everything we asked for and went out of their way to make the wedding phenomenal. Our guests are still raving about the quality of food, the drinks, the service, and of course the amazing view. My bridal attendant Miguel was so helpful and attentive, and working with Shantal was a wonderful experience. We were a lucky bride and groom, they made sure that we ate and drank at our own wedding. We were brought a sampling of everything during the cocktail hour and they made sure we sat and ate our dinner. Our guests were saying they have never eaten so much than they did at our wedding and it was all delicious. The night was amazing and I highly recommend the Waterside - it's worth every penny. And you cannot beat that beautiful view!

Waterside Restaurant and Catering responded with the following comments:

Congratulations and thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day. We wish you a life time of love and happiness. Please come visit us soon.

Our October 18, 2014 Wedding
My husband (Tadji) and I cannot THANK the Waterside, especially Fran, Miguel, Chantal, and Leslie for making our wedding PERFECT!
I always dreamed of having a wedding with the NYC view and believed it would never happen, but it did! Planning our wedding was super easy with the staff because they were so professional, quick to respond to phone calls and e-mails. Fran... is amazing!!!!! She had wonderful suggestions for the big day, which made the whole event run smoothly.
My husband and I opted to have our ceremony at the Waterside and we were so fortunate to have perfect weather and the beautiful view of NYC.
The night of the wedding, Chantal and Miguel treated my husband and I like royalty. My parents kept raving throughout the night (and after the wedding) on how detailed oriented they were. All of the wait staff was professional and attentive with our family and friends.
All of our family and friends loved the food, venue, and staff! I cannot wait to see photos!
Thank you Waterside for making our wedding the most perfect day of our lives!

Hi Melissa and Tadji,

Congratulations on your wedding. You make such a beautiful couple and we couldn't have been happier to work with you. We wish you much love and happiness in your future and hope to see you very soon.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location