Waterside Restaurant and Catering

Value:
(5.0 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't think of any other place in New Jersey where you have:
1) An incredible view of the NY skyline,
2) The owners' total commitment to your event's success,
3) A staff that is dedicated to serve and delight you
4) And exceptional menu

• Wedding: 11/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When we started planning our wedding, we truly knew there was no other place but the Waterside Restaurant for our big day.
VIEW! VIEW! VIEW!- Waterside has one of the most SPECTACULAR views of the NYC Skyline. We were fortunate enough to have our ceremony outdoors and it was just perfect! Your guests will be mesmerized and it makes for unbelievably beautiful photos.

VENUE- the space has a modern, art deco feel and not the traditional 'banquety' feel. I loved the lounge type layout that was used for cocktail hour equipped with cocktail tables and couches spread out all around the space. The reception is held on a different floor which has the more formal feel. Both spaces have uplights with a variety of colors to match your wedding scheme. Could it get any better? The answer is YES!

MENU- OMG the menu!!! This is where we were sold when we first visited the Waterside Restaurant. The cocktail hour alone has more of a variety of food choices than you will probably ever find anywhere else. But it's not just the abundance of food- it's the quality of the food. Waterside really takes the time to create a menu that will be simply unforgettable. We opted for the seafood bar which included an ABUNDANCE of unlimited cocktail shrimp. Add some lobster ravioli and mushroom risotto and that makes for the start of a very tasty evening!

SERVICE- I needed to save the best for last. From the MOMENT we walked through the door, we were greeted by nothing short of EXCEPTIONAL service. Shantal & Gus took care of us from start to finish and were simply amazing. Shantal's patience through our decision making and her advice and suggestions helped us so much in our choices for the big day. Paired with her awesome personality and great sense of humor, Shantal really took the time ensure we did not have to worry about a thing on our big day. We all wish for the most perfect wedding. And the Waterside Restaurant made that day happen for us. Thank you!!!!!!!

• Wedding: 10/24/2014

The Perfect Ricciardi/McGuire Wedding - October 2014

Why did we choose the Waterside Restaurant as the location for our wedding ceremony and reception?

First and foremost, the view of Manhattan's west side was spectacular. Especially at night. All the way from the Freedom Tower to the George Washington Bridge. As a resident of Manhattan I looked at the view and said, "This is me, this is my city." We called the next day to reserve a date.

We had the wedding ceremony outside, the cocktail hour on the second floor with floor to ceiling windows facing Manhattan, and the reception on the third floor which also had a view.

The Waterside location was convenient. Close to several hotels, shopping mall, other restaurants, and water taxis to Manhattan. And a great benefit was the Waterside had free parking.

Shantal, Leslie and Frances were there with me from the beginning to the end. And they worked well with the vendors we used. Out of the ordinary requests were never a difficulty. They cheerfully met every request with cheer and great presentation. And they never tired of my daily phone calls.

The food was tremendous. Our guests claimed our wedding was the best one they had ever attended. One relative told us they had never attended a wedding like that one.

It was special for all.

I would highly recommend the Waterside Restaurant for your wedding reception. It met and exceeded all of our expectations.

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thanks to Waterside, our wedding has been called the "best wedding" that our family and friends have "EVER been to". We are so happy with the way everything turned out from the food, the service, and the staff. The staff is so accommodating - they catered to everything we asked for and went out of their way to make the wedding phenomenal. Our guests are still raving about the quality of food, the drinks, the service, and of course the amazing view. My bridal attendant Miguel was so helpful and attentive, and working with Shantal was a wonderful experience. We were a lucky bride and groom, they made sure that we ate and drank at our own wedding. We were brought a sampling of everything during the cocktail hour and they made sure we sat and ate our dinner. Our guests were saying they have never eaten so much than they did at our wedding and it was all delicious. The night was amazing and I highly recommend the Waterside - it's worth every penny. And you cannot beat that beautiful view!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
1 Review

Our October 18, 2014 Wedding
My husband (Tadji) and I cannot THANK the Waterside, especially Fran, Miguel, Chantal, and Leslie for making our wedding PERFECT!
I always dreamed of having a wedding with the NYC view and believed it would never happen, but it did! Planning our wedding was super easy with the staff because they were so professional, quick to respond to phone calls and e-mails. Fran... is amazing!!!!! She had wonderful suggestions for the big day, which made the whole event run smoothly.
My husband and I opted to have our ceremony at the Waterside and we were so fortunate to have perfect weather and the beautiful view of NYC.
The night of the wedding, Chantal and Miguel treated my husband and I like royalty. My parents kept raving throughout the night (and after the wedding) on how detailed oriented they were. All of the wait staff was professional and attentive with our family and friends.
All of our family and friends loved the food, venue, and staff! I cannot wait to see photos!
Thank you Waterside for making our wedding the most perfect day of our lives!

• Wedding: 10/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our ceremony and reception at the Waterside was absolutely amazing. The view was unbelievable and the food was out of this world. Fran and her staff catered to our every need. All our guest raved about the cocktail hour (especially the duck station). The bar tenders were outstanding, everyone always had a drink in their hands. Chantelle was such a big help. She took great care of my husband and I and made sure we were able to taste all the food and enjoy our cocktail hour.

• Wedding: 10/10/2014
Jayna
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Once I walked into Waterside Restaurant I quickly knew this was where I wanted my wedding.The view is breathtaking! ! I am an actor and model who currently works in NY and having the view of NY was magical. && the food was delicious. My guests were very pleased with the food. My husband is a NJ State Trooper and gives Waterside 2 thumbs up as well!! From Reyna & Luis

• Wedding: 09/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I would like to thank everyone at Waterside for everything they did for us. We had a rain storm but you guys manage to deal with my groomzilla husband and made it look perfect! For that, we thank you. We appreciate everything.

Without a doubt, we highly recommend Waterside. For couples out there reading this review, you guys won't be disappointed if you pick Waterside as your venue and/or ceremony. They know what they're doing! ;-)

Hi Trisha and Evan,

Congratulations on getting married! it was such a pleasure to host your wedding here on August 31st. We are thrilled you enjoyed your special day here at Waterside. Thank you so much for choosing us. You were both such a pleasure to work with in planning your wedding. We wish you a lifetime of happiness, and look forward to seeing you soon.

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What can we say? WOW! AMAZING! FANTASTIC! WONDERFUL! THOUGHTFUL! The staff at Waterside are amazing...just amazing. Shatal, Miguel and Francis are the BEST in the business and truly made our day a huge success. Not to mention, the entire crew that worked our wedding was just the BEST. Our guests are still talking about what a fantastic time they had and how wonderful the food and service was. As a professional trained chef, I (Bride) was VERY pleased with the food selection, quality and overall taste of everything consumed.

If we could get married all over again, we would choose Waterside hands down. That is why I know we will host another event there in the future.

Hi Chester and Felise,

Thank you so much for this very kind review. It means the world to us that we can make our Brides and Grooms happy on the most important day of there lives. It was such a pleasure to have you hear at the venue. We are so glad your guests enjoyed the wedding as well. Thank you so much! We wish you a lifetime of health and happiness together! Congratulations from all of us at Waterside

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding reception at Waterside was absolutely spectacular! Waterside had everything that my husband and I were looking for in a venue- breathtaking views of the city, a modern interior, good food and drinks, and wonderful staff members.
We were so lucky to work with Frances, Lesley, and Shantal. These 3 women did such a wonderful job in making sure that we had everything that we wanted for our reception. They were all very organized and accommodating. Lesley always took the time to promptly respond to my multiple emails and answered all of my questions and concerns. Frances truly understood what my husband and I envisioned for our wedding, and she is an amazing planner. Shantal was our maitre d' during our reception. She did a fabulous job in making sure that my husband and I were able to eat, drink and dance! Shantal also made sure everything during our reception went as planned and she ensured that our guests were having a good time.
Our guests had such a wonderful time, and they really enjoyed the food! They were amazed with all of the delicious and plentiful food.
Overall, I would highly recommend Waterside to any bride that is looking for a modern venue with magnificent views of the city, good food, and wonderful staff members.
Thank you so much to all of the staff at Waterside. Our wedding reception was everything that we wanted and more because of all of your efforts!

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Planning our wedding was a pleasurable and wonderful experience. The staff at Waterside was extremely accommodating and professional. Frances was always there for us, every step of the way, Her recommendations and suggestions were perfect. Frances, Shantale, Bob and the Team are what makes the difference. The event and view was priceless. Highly recommended!!!!

• Wedding: 08/10/2014
Michele
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had the privilege of having our wedding at the Waterside on August 2nd and this venue is absolutely amazing. The only request my husband had while searching for the perfect venue, was for it to be on the Hudson with the NYC skyline. We looked at a few places before we went to the waterside and every one of them was overpriced and just wasn't for us. When we went to the Waterside, we knew right away that it was the place for our wedding! We met with Francis the first day and she went over the whole menu and what is included in the price, which let me tell you is EXTREMELY reasonable for what is included and the fantastic view of NYC. They were able to remove things from the menu that we did not want to lower the price. For every other place, the price was set in stone. Also, the food - ohhh myyyy the food!!! It was the best food I have ever had at a wedding!!! We also worked with Shantal and Lesley, who were absolutely amazing and very accommodating.
We received so many outstanding compliments from our guests. Many of which said it was the best wedding they have ever been to and how much they loved the food and the view!!
We can't thank the Waterside enough for making our day perfect!!!
Kate and Jerry

Kate and Jerry,

Congratulations to such a wonderful, beautiful couple. We are so happy we could provide for you all you were looking for on your special day. It was great working with both of you. Couples like you make our job enjoyable. Thank you for allowing us to share your special day with you. We would love to see you soon, and look forward to celebrating many special occasions for you.

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are looking for a modern venue with a beautiful NYC view and you have a guest list of ~200 or less, THIS IS YOUR PLACE. (Waterside can fit up to ~215 guests, but I wouldn't personally suggest it..) We had our ceremony outdoors and they set up the space exactly as we asked, they even lit the citronella candles that I had brought over because I'm allergic to mosquito bites. Our cocktail hour was held on the second floor; the reception followed on the third floor. This venue is a one-wedding-at-a-time type of place. Our guests loved the views, the atmosphere, and especially, the food! This in not a ballroom type venue which was perfect for us.

Lesley, Fran, and Shantal were all amazing to work with. Lesley and Fran handled all of the planning, emails, and nitty-gritty details - they were responsive, accommodating, and friendly. Fran also had wonderful suggestions and tips whenever we spoke which ALL worked out perfectly. Shantal was our maitre'd on our wedding day and she was perfect - she handled any problems that came up, made sure we had everything we needed, and she also gave us a quiet moment during cocktail hour away from the guests to make sure we had time to eat. Our glasses were never empty all night! Their staff was also wonderful, making sure that the ceremony went off without a hitch and they were perfect through the reception and even the after party.

From our first visit until we left after the wedding, our experience with Waterside was everything we had hoped it would be. Our friends cannot stop raving about how amazing the wedding was!

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Greeks demonstrate their virtue and goodness by extending their warmth and hospitality (philoneksía) to their guests. In Greek mythology there is a religious obligation to be hospitable to strangers. It is considered a measure of their spirituality and it is believed that treating each guest as if they were a deity in disguise would lead to good and great rewards both here on earth and in heaven.
On July 4th my wife, the former Prima Ballerina of the NJ Ballet and one of the original Balanchine girls, Kathleen Ann McCready and I the Reverend Lawrence Michael Heisler, half Greek on my mother's side, were treated to a level of philonesksia that the Gods of Greek Mythology would have reveled in. We chose the Waterside Catering in North Bergen partially because it's a beautiful wedding and party facility with breath-taking views of the New York skyline and the mighty Hudson River but more importantly because it's owners and management are warm, terrific and sincerely good people who also just happen to be meticulously consummate professionals when it comes to the Art of Catering. These folks really know how to create a major celebration and with a dignified flare. Their entire staff were warm and welcoming and performed at an extraordinarily high level with sensitivity and anticipation. I would be amiss if I didn't share many words about a great kitchen staff and about their chef that is fast becoming known as a culinary giant. The accolades from our guests about our amazing little affair have been overwhelming. Statements about the “incredible food and beverage service,” “the hospitality!” “the beautiful inspired floral environment and that “magical LED wedding room with the panoramic windows of the NY skyline!” Yes, thank you Frances, you said that it would be an extraordinary evening for our guests and you with your talented staff delivered the goods! The overall performance of the Waterside Catering specifically in regard to our wedding...5 DIAMONDS

Kathy and Larry,

We are blown away by such a kind review. It was truly our pleasure to host your wedding here on the Fourth of July. It was absolutely amazing! We are grateful to you for giving us the chance to be a part of your special day. We are thrilled both you, and your guests had such a great time. You were wonderful, and a joy to work with. We wish you all the best, and a lifetime of happiness to such an amazing, beautiful couple.

• Wedding: 07/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding a few days ago at Waterside and I need to write this review as soon as possible to let everyone know just how FABULOUS Waterside is. When we were looking for a venue with a skyline view we visited several along the hudson. All were very stuffy and overpriced. When we walked into Waterside we knew this was the place we wanted. It is clean, bright, and has a relaxed and welcoming feel.
In the year that we were planning our wedding Shantal was there to help us with ANY questions we had. She was so warm, energetic, and knowledgeable. Her and her staff went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was perfect and it was!! We wanted an outdoor ceremony and they made sure we got one, just before the rain started to pour! They went above and beyond to make sure that we were happy. EVERYONE was raving about the food, I am still receiving calls and emails about how delicious everything was.
Overall- We would HIGHLY recommend Waterside for your wedding! The venue and staff gave us the best day ever and we could never thank them enough =)

Keren and Alex,

Congratulations on your wedding! It was beautiful! it was a pleasure to work with you in planning your wedding here on July 3rd. You are such an amazing couple, and we wish you a lifetime of happiness together. We are so glad we could make your dream come true, and glad that you were able to have the beautiful outdoor ceremony you dreamed of! Thank you for the kind, thoughtful review. We would love to see you here soon! All the best!

• Wedding: 07/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I celebrated our 50th birthdays/ 25th wedding anniversary with a combined party at the Waterside. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing everything was! We have thrown many parties at MANY different venues and my guests were all telling me that this one was the BEST! It started with Shantal who is so professional and knows exactly how to get to know your personality and figure out what will be the best party for you and your guests. I told her I didn't want a lengthy sit down dinner and she set up the room with cocktail tables, couches, and fun furniture so it had more of a cocktail party feel. The view is breathtaking! When my guests walked in to the room, their mouths dropped in awe! I had originally wanted a rooftop bar in NYC for my party and this surpassed it by far! The food was delicious and plentiful! We had timing issues because of guests arriving late and Shantal was so easygoing about "our schedule" and adjusted it by just reading the crowd. MANY times throughout the night, she would ask me if I wanted a glass of wine or a plate of food. I didn't have to think of one thing and could just enjoy my party and my guests! If you are contemplating booking the Waterside, DO IT!!! You will not be disappointed!!!

Beth,

Happy birthday and Happy Anniversary to such a beautiful couple. It was our pleasure hosting both your 50th birthday parties and 25th anniversary here! It is great to see such a wonderful couple such as yourselves celebrating their anniversary with an amazing party. You both made our job very easy in planning this event. We wish you all the best! A big Thank you from all of us here at Waterside!

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
201-861-7767
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards