Waterside Restaurant and Catering

(5.0/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
What can we say? WOW! AMAZING! FANTASTIC! WONDERFUL! THOUGHTFUL! The staff at Waterside are amazing...just amazing. Shatal, Miguel and Francis are the BEST in the business and truly made our day a huge success. Not to mention, the entire crew that worked our wedding was just the BEST. Our guests are still talking about what a fantastic time they had and how wonderful the food and service was. As a professional trained chef, I (Bride) was VERY pleased with the food selection, quality and overall taste of everything consumed.

If we could get married all over again, we would choose Waterside hands down. That is why I know we will host another event there in the future.
Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I had the privilege of having our wedding at the Waterside on August 2nd and this venue is absolutely amazing. The only request my husband had while searching for the perfect venue, was for it to be on the Hudson with the NYC skyline. We looked at a few places before we went to the waterside and every one of them was overpriced and just wasn't for us. When we went to the Waterside, we knew right away that it was the place for our wedding! We met with Francis the first day and she went over the whole menu and what is included in the price, which let me tell you is EXTREMELY reasonable for what is included and the fantastic view of NYC. They were able to remove things from the menu that we did not want to lower the price. For every other place, the price was set in stone. Also, the food - ohhh myyyy the food!!! It was the best food I have ever had at a wedding!!! We also worked with Shantal and Lesley, who were absolutely amazing and very accommodating.
We received so many outstanding compliments from our guests. Many of which said it was the best wedding they have ever been to and how much they loved the food and the view!!
We can't thank the Waterside enough for making our day perfect!!!
Kate and Jerry
Wedding: 08/02/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Greeks demonstrate their virtue and goodness by extending their warmth and hospitality (philoneksía) to their guests. In Greek mythology there is a religious obligation to be hospitable to strangers. It is considered a measure of their spirituality and it is believed that treating each guest as if they were a deity in disguise would lead to good and great rewards both here on earth and in heaven.
On July 4th my wife, the former Prima Ballerina of the NJ Ballet and one of the original Balanchine girls, Kathleen Ann McCready and I the Reverend Lawrence Michael Heisler, half Greek on my mother's side, were treated to a level of philonesksia that the Gods of Greek Mythology would have reveled in. We chose the Waterside Catering in North Bergen partially because it's a beautiful wedding and party facility with breath-taking views of the New York skyline and the mighty Hudson River but more importantly because it's owners and management are warm, terrific and sincerely good people who also just happen to be meticulously consummate professionals when it comes to the Art of Catering. These folks really know how to create a major celebration and with a dignified flare. Their entire staff were warm and welcoming and performed at an extraordinarily high level with sensitivity and anticipation. I would be amiss if I didn't share many words about a great kitchen staff and about their chef that is fast becoming known as a culinary giant. The accolades from our guests about our amazing little affair have been overwhelming. Statements about the “incredible food and beverage service,” “the hospitality!” “the beautiful inspired floral environment and that “magical LED wedding room with the panoramic windows of the NY skyline!” Yes, thank you Frances, you said that it would be an extraordinary evening for our guests and you with your talented staff delivered the goods! The overall performance of the Waterside Catering specifically in regard to our wedding...5 DIAMONDS
Wedding: 07/04/2014
Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had our wedding a few days ago at Waterside and I need to write this review as soon as possible to let everyone know just how FABULOUS Waterside is. When we were looking for a venue with a skyline view we visited several along the hudson. All were very stuffy and overpriced. When we walked into Waterside we knew this was the place we wanted. It is clean, bright, and has a relaxed and welcoming feel.
In the year that we were planning our wedding Shantal was there to help us with ANY questions we had. She was so warm, energetic, and knowledgeable. Her and her staff went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was perfect and it was!! We wanted an outdoor ceremony and they made sure we got one, just before the rain started to pour! They went above and beyond to make sure that we were happy. EVERYONE was raving about the food, I am still receiving calls and emails about how delicious everything was.
Overall- We would HIGHLY recommend Waterside for your wedding! The venue and staff gave us the best day ever and we could never thank them enough =)
Wedding: 07/03/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I celebrated our 50th birthdays/ 25th wedding anniversary with a combined party at the Waterside. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing everything was! We have thrown many parties at MANY different venues and my guests were all telling me that this one was the BEST! It started with Shantal who is so professional and knows exactly how to get to know your personality and figure out what will be the best party for you and your guests. I told her I didn't want a lengthy sit down dinner and she set up the room with cocktail tables, couches, and fun furniture so it had more of a cocktail party feel. The view is breathtaking! When my guests walked in to the room, their mouths dropped in awe! I had originally wanted a rooftop bar in NYC for my party and this surpassed it by far! The food was delicious and plentiful! We had timing issues because of guests arriving late and Shantal was so easygoing about "our schedule" and adjusted it by just reading the crowd. MANY times throughout the night, she would ask me if I wanted a glass of wine or a plate of food. I didn't have to think of one thing and could just enjoy my party and my guests! If you are contemplating booking the Waterside, DO IT!!! You will not be disappointed!!!
Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This is the second time my family is using the Waterside venue for special events. The first was my niece's 1st birthday party (which was like a wedding in itself) and just two weekends ago, I had my wedding there and it couldn't of been more perfect. We had the ceremony outside by the water, the cocktail hour on the second floor where you could see the entire city with great views and then followed with the reception upstairs. My friends, coworkers and families were all raving about how modern and beautiful the space was and THE FOOD!!! I worked with Francis initially and followed up with Chantelle later for all the details. Having already performed so many weddings at the venue, all the minor details you would never think of were like second nature to them. From the timeline of what the day would look like to the outcome, my husband and I couldn't of been more pleased. Thank you so much for an amazing day that will always remain special to us! -Ellen & Sung
Wedding: 06/14/2014

Ashley 3 Reviews
Waterside Restaurant was Heaven sent to us! From the minute I called and spoke to Francis, I knew that this was the place that we were going to get married and have our reception. Francis was extremely friendly and professional and we enjoyed working with her and the restaurant during the entire process, along with Leslie and Chantell. Everyone was so friendly and accomodating and experienced. The restaurant and reception/ceremony area is absolutely stunning and breathtaking. Our ceremony was outdoors with the NYC skyline as our backdrop. The cocktail and reception halls were absolutely gorgeous as well. Everything that we wanted and more. The staff was extremely friendly and all of our guests raved about the place and especially the food. I am so happy that we found this place and shared our special day there.
Wedding: 05/30/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Waterside Restaurant and Catering gave my husband and me what truly was the best day of our lives. Waterside was the first venue we visited when we started planning our wedding, and my husband said right away that it would be the one we would choose. I checked out a few other venues and, with each one, quickly came to the conclusion that none would compare. We were looking for a city view first and foremost, and Waterside provides everything you could ask for in terms of that – from the GWB to the Freedom Tower and everything in between, you can see it all, with only the Hudson River between. Besides the breathtaking view of the city, Waterside also has the greatest, most responsive staff. Frances and Chantal were always available at a moment’s notice with answers to our questions throughout our engagement, and on the day of the wedding they worked so hard, with a smile, to ensure that everything we needed was taken care of. The venue itself is gorgeous – fun, modern, and elegant. We also had our ceremony there, and because of the weather that day it was moved inside. I thought this might disappoint me, but the indoor setup and views from inside are so beautiful that it didn’t faze us one bit. And the food was incredible both in quantity and quality – our guests thought the cocktail hour was dinner because there was so much! There is something for everyone, and it’s all absolutely delicious. Both during and after the reception, so many of our guests told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to; we are still getting compliments on everything. But the real compliments should go to Waterside Restaurant and Catering. From start to finish, it was the perfect day at the best venue we could have imagined.
Brittany,

Thank you so much for the review. We can not wait to see you and your husband soon. You we were truly a pleasure to work with and your wedding was absolutely amazing. We are so happy to be a part of your special day
Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
So my husband and I found this venue and fell in love with it. We fell in love with the New York view but the venue was also beautiful very modern and the staff were. Our guest raved about the food and how many options were available to them during the cocktail hour. We worked with Shantal she was great anytime we had questions or wanted to come in and create a table with our own tablecloths she was always available to us. On the big day she took care of us and made sure everything ran smoothy. Our guest loved the venue everything was beautiful Thanks to Shantal and the whole team at Waterside Restaurant & Catering
Ewa,

Thank you so much! Your wedding was beautiful. Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It means the world to us. We can't wait to see you soon!
Wedding: 05/03/2014
Services Used: Catering
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My wedding at Waterside was amazing and exceeded all of my expectations! Due to the rainy weather the ceremony was inside, which ended up being just beautiful! The guests are still raving about the quantity AND quality of food at cocktail hour; it's definitely the best I have ever seen! My wedding was about 130 people, which was an absolute perfect size for the reception room with plenty of space for dancing. Shantal and the whole team were accommodating, attentive, very prompt in responding and making sure all my requests were taken care of. Thank you for one of the best, happiest, most fun days I could have ever imagined!
Hi Alison,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! You were such a pleasure, and the wedding was beautiful despite the weather. Your pictures are absolutely amazing as well. Thank you for choosing us for your wedding! We look forward to seeing you very soon
Wedding: 04/26/2014

Carla 2 Reviews
I could have never imagined the amazing wedding the Waterside gave to us. Shantal, Gus & Frances went above & beyond for us. I can hardly put into words how magical our wedding was! From the beautiful ceremony to a blow-you-away cocktail hour to the hands down best reception I've ever seen, the Waterside staff could not have been more accommodating. One week later and we are still hearing how amazing the wedding was from friends & family. I highly recommend Waterside for any bride looking for a venue in the NYC/North Jersey area! Thank you Waterside!
Carla,

Thank you so much or the beautiful review. your wedding was amazing and it was such a pleasure hosting it. You are such such a beautiful couple, and we look forward to seeing you very soon
Wedding: 04/05/2014
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue

LESLIE 1 Reviews
As parents of the Bride, we will remember this night forever! Shantal did EVERYTHING to make sure the night was perfect from the moment we signed the contract!!!!
I can go on and on about the exceptional service, attention to detail and the professionalism everyone at Waterside provided. We are still getting calls from our guests about how wonderful the wedding was and
especially THE AMOUNT AND QUALITY OF FOOD!!!!!!
If you are considering a wedding with exceptional bang for your buck, BOOK WATERSIDE!!!!!!
Gus, Shantal and Frances, thank you for making our daughters wedding a true fairy tale!!!!
Leslie

Thank you! This means alot to us to have a review from the Mother of the Bride. it was such a pleasure to host your daughter's wedding here. Hopefully we will get to see you and your family very soon! We wish your daughter and her husband all the happiness in the world
Wedding: 04/05/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I want to say THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH to Lesley, Shantal and the whole team for making my day one of the most happy, fun, organize and awesome that I could ever have. I had a small wedding 85 people, since day one everything was clear on what I was getting, schedules, and always got a response when I had questions...they gave me few ideas of what to do with the space and at the end everything looked GORGEOUS. Shantal was so attentive on the day of the wedding, she was on top of everything, the waitress/waiters they were great and very professional, everyone was very happy and they cater to everyone with a lot of care. The food... It was GREAT and they made sure I ate... (future bride you need to eat), I was dancing the whole time!!!... I wanted to get the wedding outside, but mother nature didn't cooperate, but I have to say, INSIDE was great! I was not disappointed at all... I still was able to do some shots outside, and I just can't wait to see them. I went to few places looking for a venue, and since I open the door, I said this is the place I want to get married. Thank you again Waterside... I can't wait to celebrate many more parties in your awesome location!
Elisa,

This is such a kind and thoughtful review. it was truly a pleasure to work with you through out the process of planning your wedding. It was such a beautiful day! We can't wait for you to have other reasons to celebrate with us here at Waterside.
Wedding: 03/30/2014

Denesha 1 Reviews
I barely can do anything in life at this point without reading reviews about restaurants, vacation destinations, hotels, etc. and when planning my wedding the first item I focused on (using the internet of course)was finding a venue. I knew I wanted my wedding in Northern New Jersey and I knew I wanted a place that was modern and not the overly traditional styled venue. I read reviews about Waterside and everyone had nothing but great things to say. I am typically suspicious when reviewers have nothing but 5's across the board when rating a vendor but indeed Waterside exceeded all of my expectations and I am so thankful that I choose this venue. So yes they truly deserve 5's across the board. Here are a few reasons why:
1. Lesley Lovett. Lesley was my main point of contact throughout the process. She is friendly, professional, knowledgeable, organized, and ALWAYS got back to me with answers to a lot of random questions I had. That was great and gave me piece of mind.
2. The venue is so pretty. Modern, clean, and views of the Hudson river.
3. The food. My guests are still talking about how amazing the food was. So many options for cocktail hour and the reception. There is nothing wrong with serving chicken at a reception but I did not want chicken! My guest loved all of the other options provided and the portions were plentiful and tasty.
4. Shantal. Shantal was my Maitre D' for my wedding day. I met Shantal before my wedding when I had to drop off my deposit, when I needed place cards, and arrange my tables and she was also always so helpful. On my wedding day she made sure I was ok and got everything I needed which I really appreciated because there was so much going on.
5. The overall staff at Waterside. Again everyone was so helpful and professional. I had to opportunity to meet Frances and Miguel and it really makes a difference when everyone is in the loop with your event and want to ensure that everything goes perfectly. Which it did!
Denesha,

Thank you so much for the review. You and Adam are truly an amazing couple, and your wedding was spectacular. It really was a pleasure to work with you through out the process of planning your event.
Wedding: 03/28/2014

Jazmine 1 Reviews
Thank you Waterside for making our wedding a success and executing on all of our ideas! Not only is this a gorgeous venue, with amazing food and views, but everyone there is a pleasure to work with and followed through on everything we planned for our special day. A special thank you to Shantal, Frances and Miguel. You guys are the best!!!
Jazmine,

Thank you so much for your beautiful review! You were such a beautiful bride and everything about your wedding day was perfect. I was our pleasure hosting such a great wedding!
Wedding: 03/14/2014
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The New Jersey Business Travel Association held their annual Fundraiser Gala at the Waterside Restaurant on Friday, Feb. 7, 2014 and it was a highly successful event due in large part to the wonderful staff and catering skills of the Waterside staff. Owner Frances V. worked in collaboration with the association's gala committee to create a spectacular culinary evening in their beautiful venue with the back-drop of the NYC skyline -- what could be better than that?!! I highly recommend the Waterside for all your catering needs and due to the wonderful experience I had with the Gala, I'm now planning an intimate corporate event in the Waterside Restaurant in April. The friendly and professional staff coupled with the delicious menu and large selection of fine wines and premium liquors makes the Waterside an exceptional destination for any event whether large or small.
Ann,

Thank you so much for this review. We love hosting corporate events, and it was truly a pleasure to host the New Jersey Business Travel Association here. We look forward to many more events in the future. Thank you for making our job pleasant and enjoyable.
Wedding: 02/07/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
 201-861-7767
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire