Valley Green Inn

Value:
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had the PERFECT WEDDING DAY thanks to Tegan and the other folks at Valley Green! Tegan worked with me every step of the way and made sure that my day was stress free and beautiful. The centerpieces were exactly what I hoped for and the setup looked beautiful. Everyone was impressed with the location and it was a perfect fall day! We had a brunch wedding and the food was delicious!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

First the people. Tegan was the go-to person leading up to the day. She answered my many emails quickly - never losing patience with ever growing list of questions. She knows her stuff and had wonderful suggestions of the dos and don'ts for the wedding. Kate was in charge of The Day. Kate, wow, you are so helpful and kind. She made sure we never wanted for anything - drinks, food, comforting words. She was prepared for some spur of the moment changes for the day and smoothed everything out. The two of them took all my decorations and set them up PERFECTLY. Never could I have imagined such a perfect set up. These two women are a great team!
The Inn was gorgeous to have the wedding. It gets a little hot inside but we were dancing up a storm so it would've been hot regardless. The bartender didn't miss a beat when it came to 80 thirsty guests. The waitstaff were so pleasant to us and our guests. They were cracking jokes with me and my husband throughout the day. The weather was beautiful. We could not have asked for a more perfect venue. The only thing I recommend to future brides at this venue is to have a shuttle service set up - many of our guests (us too) were planning on using Uber and we realized there was no cell phone reception! It worked out in the end with people sharing rides, but it would've made life a lot easier if I'd gotten a shuttle set up. I think Tegan even recommended this to us :).

Thanks everyone at the Valley Green Inn - you guys are fabulous!

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

AMAZING! We literally couldn't have been happier with a venue! The Inn was perfect for our needs. It is a bit rustic, and centered in a public park, so it is not for those who want something super fancy. However, it allows you and your guests to be close to nature while having a beautiful indoor area to celebrate. Tegan and Sara were amazing, and they met all of our needs, even exceeding our expectations. We had a pretty low key ordeal, but they helped guide us through some of the moments that we weren't sure how to navigate (cake cutting, ceremony timeline, etc). I would highly recommend renting out the entire inn because it allows your guests to wander and keeps the public from being in your space.

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tegan and Emily both were so easy to work with and everything couldn't have gone more smoothly. It was so nice to not have to worry about anything the day of. All of our guests had so much fun and have been talking about how it was one of the best weddings they have been to in years. The food was amazing and we really can't say enough about the setting. It was everything we were wanted and more! Great value for your money and Tegan and Emily made it easy to plan a wedding in 3 months. Simple, lovely, elegant, beautiful for those who want an outdoor setting. I really can't say enough about Valley Green!!

• Wedding: 11/16/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We put together a simple, lovely affair at the Valley Green Inn in just 2 short months. The staff was very helpful and responsive. They created the space that we envisioned in an elegant, detailed manner, despite our tiny budget. I would recommend to anyone looking for a lovely outdoor wedding!

• Wedding: 10/26/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything was wonderful! the team at the Valley Green was great-- from planning the event up to and including the wedding day-- No drama -- everything was wonderful and more than I envisioned! Great food, Great ambiance! Couldn't have asked for more!

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The food was wonderful, setting amazing, and Emily is awesome!!! She took care of everything on our special day!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

You definitely get a lot for your money! The wedding was awesome!!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Beautiful from start to finish. It definitely exceeded all my expectations. The banquet manager and staff were professional, helpful and courteous. The ceremony held outside the Inn was memorable because of the beautiful and peaceful scenery that is part of Valley Green's charm. The reception was perfect from the food, to the decorations, to the service. I would highly recommend the Inn at Valley Green to anyone.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Since our wedding, now two months ago, both my husband and I have been recommending Valley Green to everybody who is getting engaged, and even to those who aren't yet. The place is phenomenal, and the service amazing. We were/are both grad students paying for our own wedding so our budget was limited. We had been looking everywhere and we had a list of places that would consider us as clients because we were having a small wedding. We only saw one place before Valley Green but once we went there we didn't have to think about it twice, gorgeous place, amazing food and good for our budget! I was so impatient I wanted to tell them I wanted to confirm I wanted their service on the spot. I waited until the evening.
Tegan helped us with the budget and with everything I asked. They worked with our budget so we could have a nice wedding for less money (for instance, ours was a Friday day wedding, which our friends appreciated very much!). The food was amazing. We went for the trial a few months before and I am very glad we did because I didn't get to eat very much on my wedding day (since I was talking to people all the time). My guests told me they loved it and one of them is a professional cook! Moreover, the rest of staff at Valley Green was always very nice, from the first to the last day. I can certainly say I enjoyed my wedding from all the planning to the very last day. I am still smiling as I am remembering it to write this review.

• Wedding: 05/10/2013
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

food was delicious, flowers were beautiful, cake was fantastic, staff was super sweet, drinks were strong, venue was gorgeous and Tegan was absolutely wonderful to work with.

• Wedding: 05/05/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Katrina
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I could not have asked for a venue more beautiful than Valley Green Inn! The staff especially our coordinators, Emily and Tegan were wonderful and wanted nothing more than to help make our wedding day the very best. The food and service (including the open bar of course) were fabulous. We were so excited that our cake (from Chestnut Hill "Bredenbecks" famous bakery) and center pieces were both included in our venue price. Overall wedding planning was a non-stressful endeavor thanks to the staff at Valley Green Inn, we cannot thank them enough and would highly recommend this venue!!

• Wedding: 05/04/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Valley Green Inn is a great place for a small, intimate wedding. My husband and I spend a lot of time in Fairmount Park, near the VG Inn. In fact, we got engaged very close to the Inn and the Inn was a stop on my 'trail of roses'. I can't recommend the Inn enough. It is very affordable and sweet. I personally don't think it would fit a lot of people (150 seems like it would be a stretch). We had about 80 people and I feel like that size fits very well in the space available. I found them to be very flexible and responsive to all of our questions and concerns. We chose a brunch wedding and I think it was just perfect. I would say the Inn is older and the space provides a more rustic/outdoor feel. If you are looking for an extremely fancy, black tie affair, I'm not sure this is the place. If you want something laid back, intimate, and special I would say choose the Valley Green Inn. Also, we loved that our ceremony was outside. You have to be prepared for people to stop and watch, however, we loved it. It was so nice to see people smile and wish us well and seem generally happy to be around. The vibe was great. You obviously could have the ceremony inside if you wanted to be 'alone' but I think that takes away from the 'feel' of the VG Inn. Just keep in mind it is a public park and this affects parking and obviously people who are not invited to your wedding being close by. Again, we loved this aspect but you have to be okay with this.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you thank you thank you to Tegan and Emily and the entire staff at Valley Green Inn. From the moment we made the incredible decision to have our wedding with you, we had nothing but fantastic experiences.

Tegan is a wonderful communicator, and is extremely knowledgeable and efficient. Emily stepped in beautifully that weekend, and worked incredibly hard to make our Sunday brunch wedding a phenomenal success. She was so professional and had a great attitude.

Food was fantastic, venue was gorgeous, and all the details were perfect. The entire wedding was so reasonably priced, which took so much stress out of the planning.

Not one thing about the wedding we would change! Many thanks to Tegan and Emily for giving us a wedding we would choose over and over again. We will recommend Valley Green Inn to everyone we know :)

• Wedding: 04/14/2013
Leigh
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I wanted a rustic, woodsy setting for our spring wedding, and Valley Green Inn delivered everything we wanted and more. Tegan was invaluable to planning, was very responsive to all of the questions I had, and all around wonderful to work with. Emily, who coordinates the day of portion, was absolutely fantastic - it was like having my very own personal wedding planner on site - I didn't have to worry about a thing and everything was beautiful! Oh, and she also created the centerpieces, which were perfect! The food was also excellent as was the service. We couldn't have asked for a better day and everyone at Valley Green went above and beyond to make sure they fulfilled our vision. It was a tremendous bargain for everything that was included in the price and we received so many comments about how unique and beautiful everything was. It was absolutely a perfect day!

• Wedding: 04/13/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Value Green and Tegan in particular were phenomenal. Tegan quickly responded to all my questions -- which were a lot -- and helped me plan a wedding in Philadelphia all the way from Australia. She was always friendly, always helpful and always communicative and certainly reduced my planning anxiety leaps and bounds. I should add that she took over my coordination from someone who left the establishment and while I was a little apprehensive at first about not having the original planner with whom I started discussing things, Tegan was a dream come true. I would recommend her and Valley Green to anyone. I am still getting told, three months later, that it was the perfect wedding, the best wedding some people had ever been to, low-key and very much matched to my and my husband's personalities.

• Wedding: 04/06/2013
Lauren
215-247-1730
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards