Unique Weddings by Alexis
MA 01867  | map
Services: Day-of Coordinator, Full Planning, Partial Planning
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly /...

Profile   Reviews (41)   Photos   Videos   FAQ   Map
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Private User 1 Reviews
Alexis was incredible! We could not have done the planning without her. She was even keeled and calm and always had great suggestions. She was incredibly well organized and thought of things that I would never had thought of. Because of Alexis I was able to just enjoy my daughter's wedding on the actual date without worrying about everything being coordinated. It all went flawlessly! I would highly recommend her.
Wedding: Recently Married

Private User 1 Reviews
I would highly recommend Unique Weddings by Alexis for your next event! Working with Alexis made the entire wedding planning process seamless and as stress-free as possible. She and her team were such professionals and extremely responsive to all requests. They completely understood our vision and really were instrumental in making our wedding the most perfect evening we could have imagined. She interfaced with our vendors with professionalism, was exceptionally organized and made our wedding flow as smoothly as we could have hoped for! Specifically, she made our lives so much easier by managing all rentals (linens, chairs, etc), creating a detailed wedding day timeline that she shared with our vendors, and worked closely with our venue contact throughout the process. Overall, she made the process so enjoyable for both ourselves and our families!
Wedding: Recently Married

Elizabeth 2 Reviews
I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding and Alexis, Megan and Sam made this come true. She and her team were wonderful to work with, and made sure that I was on top of all the deadlines I needed to meet. Alexis found wonderful vendors and made sure that on the day of everything ran according to plan. I am definitely not the most organized bride in the world and she was spot on in every way, making sure that the T's were crossed and the i's dotted. On the actual wedding day she and her team were everywhere at once, allowing for me to fully enjoy the wedding day. If you're looking for someone who knows how to plan, run and execute an event she is your gal!
Wedding: 07/12/2014

Shefali 4 Reviews
We can't thank Alexis and her team enough for everything they did for our two day event. Throughout the past year Alexis has been on top of everything and handling every issue (no matter how big or small). Because of all her incredible dedication and hard work we had a wedding that was beyond our wildest dreams (both in terms of beauty, fun and organization!). One of my favorite memories was after my family and I had checked into the hotel on Friday and I was getting my hair and makeup done. My parents were sitting in the living room of the Presidential Suite as our extended family and friends came and visited and hung out. This was all due to the fact that her team was running around the Hyatt making sure everything was in place for our Friday night welcome dinner. I can't tell you how many people came up to me and remarked at how relaxed everyone in our family looked and that really was due to Alexis. Her entire team was constantly working and running around and yet were always professional, calm and pleasant.

Indian weddings are huge multi day multi event affairs that require alot of attention to detail and strict timelines in order to go well. Alexis knew how to approach every event and her vendor recommendations were really the best of the best. Not only will you love working with her your vendors love working with her too because she's so organized! On top of that her ability to review contracts to ensure that everything you need is included will save you so many headaches and money. We saved probably tens of thousands of dollars because of Alexis' foresight and contract review.

People can't stop saying how it was the best wedding they had ever attended and how everything was on time which you rarely see for an Indian wedding. Choosing Alexis as our planner was the best decision we could have made!
Wedding: 03/29/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I don't even know where to start! After one year of working with Chelsea to plan our wedding, it seems odd now that we're not e-mailing back and forth anymore at all hours of the night trying to make every last detail both perfect and memorable. Unique Weddings by Alexis beyond exceeded our expectations for our special day and we don't know (nor do we want to know) where we would have been without them. They were with us every step of the away and even two steps a head! Thank you both for everything that you did for us - we already miss you!

If you're planing a wedding and not using Unique Weddings by Alexis then you don't know what you're missing!
Wedding: 11/02/2013

Lynne 1 Reviews
Review for Alexis O’Mara

Alexis was either able to provide personally with her professional staffers or was able to outsource the task efficiently and effectively from start to finish. Alexis exceeded my expectations in every possible way for my daughter's wedding and I cannot provide enough praise for her amazing ability to coordinate the events. Her knowledge and experience is invaluable and she recommends only the most trusted and dependable vendors as her lists are stellar. Her office is impeccable and her calm yet educated and supportive demeanor is a rock in the midst of swirls of e-mails and phone calls and lists. She handles every detail with calm and wise decision making and is attentive to every detail. With Alexis at your side, you simply cannot have a perfect event.

Mary-Stuart 5 Reviews
Alexis and her incredible team of interns are truly the best of the best! I could never even hope to put into words all that her team did for my wedding and for my mom and I, but I will certainly try! We hired Alexis pretty early on in our planning process, as we realized we just didn't have a clue what to do! And boy was that the BEST THING we ever did! (Seriously, my mom and I talk about this simple fact all the time, and we couldn't be more pleased or assured that Alexis was hands-down the best decision we made when it came to the wedding!).

Alexis is such a professional - she is trustworthy, a diligent and dedicated worker (truly, she will respond to emails up until 2AM if she has to!! I don't know how she does it all!!!), devoted to her clients (there's nothing too small or too big to ask Alexis to do - and she'll put all her energy into achieving whatever it is you need). She has a full network of the BEST vendors to work with - all you have to do is ask Alexis who to use for make-up, hair, music, cake, lighting, tent, travel, stationery, - you name it! - and Alexis will happily provide you a list of vendors that fit the bill along with her personal notes about each one. Life as a bride-to-be can't be any easier when using Alexis and her team to help you plan the big day.

I cannot say this enough - you'd be a fool not to have Alexis on your team. No bride should be without an Alexis - she is far too valuable and worth every single dime!!! My mom and I were able to enjoy the whole weekend without a care in the world, since we knew Alexis and her team were there to keep the vendors on schedule and keep the night running smoothly. I would recommend Alexis to everyone I know - and will continue to advocate her services for years and years to come!
Wedding: 10/05/2013
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Wedding Cake, Catering, DJ, Dress & Attire, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Wedding Planning, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Party Supplies, Transportation, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Videography, Unique Services (Other)

Ashley 1 Reviews
Alexis was wonderful from start to finish in our wedding planning process. The consummate professional and the very definition of organized, Alexis translated our vision into an event that surpassed our wildest expectations! She handles every detail and "big picture" concern with aplomb and ease! We couldn't have been happier with our experience from our first consultative meeting to the big day!

Derek 1 Reviews
This review is posted by the Father of the Bride. It seems to be the unanimous opinion of everyone who was at the wedding that it was the best wedding they’d ever been to … and that includes the opinion of several relatively high-flying parents of friends of the bride and groom … also my (non-high-flying) opinion too. This was a complex event in a challenging venue (the Boston Public Library, where everything from chairs to lighting has to be brought in) with a great many moving parts; the absolutely flawless execution of it was a really amazing achievement. Thanks to Alexis, my daughter's special day was perfect in every way.
Wedding: 09/21/2013

Justine 1 Reviews
Working with Alexis was an absolute pleasure from the start. We hired her to plan our 185-person wedding at the Boston Public Library about 15 months before the wedding date. Even that far before the wedding date, she was responsive and helpful, helping us lock down some of the best vendors in the Boston area through providing a list of vendors and setting up interviews. One of the greatest things about Alexis and her team was the apparent "never say no" policy -- they made my wildest dreams come true at a not-so-cut-and-dry venue and pulled it off without a hitch. This never say no policy included stringing up festoon lights in a space that every vendor except one said was unsuitable for such lights, putting together blow-your-mind hotel welcome bags and ensuring through repeated 'harassment' of hotel staff that they were delivered, allowing my brother to sing with the wedding band, and assisting in pulling together a last minute at-home ceremony for my terminally-ill mother (though this never actually happened as my mother passed before we could pull it off, Alexis was there every step of the way helping us out).

I consider Alexis to be an extraordinary value -- in fact, I think she should charge more for her services because she devoted such an exceptional amount of time to our wedding for a very reasonable price. And the end result? Worthy of a movie, as some guests said, or a fairy tale, as others did -- completely mind-blowing.
Wedding: 09/21/2013

Thutrang 2 Reviews
I had a custom package with Alexis. I had booked many vendors already but, because we were having an all day event and a VERY LARGE multi-cultural wedding and reception, I needed someone to help manage the rentals and transportation, design the large reception space, keep track of all the vendors and details, and make sure I didn't forget anything leading up to the wedding. Alexis and her team were very professional and responsive. I mostly communicated with them via email but we also met many times in person.

Alexis and her team were indispensable on the day of the wedding. We changed the wedding ceremony to a full Catholic mass a week or two before the wedding so of course things ran late, but UWbA was able to communicate with the other vendors to extend their hours and had everything run smoothly. I absolutely believe everything would have fallen apart without UWbA. Instead I didn't have to stress on the wedding day and was able to enjoy it. The peace of mind, knowing I can go off and dance with my guests while Alexis and her team took care of everything, is truly priceless.
Wedding: 07/27/2013

singerlj 5 Reviews
Alexis is the Goddess of Event Planning!! She made absolutely everything seamless and was a pleasure to work with. I wish she did events other than weddings so that I could use her services again. There wasn't a single detail overlooked, no matter how small. She anticipated every possible issue and dealt with them decisively and diplomatically. Anybody who passes up the opportunity to use her to coordinate their wedding is crazy.
Wedding: 06/08/2013
Services Used: Favors & Gifts, Wedding Planning

Morgan 1 Reviews
Alexis and her team at Unique Weddings by Alexis are beyond fantastic. Alexis was a godsend. If you are considering hiring a wedding planner for part of or for your entire wedding, hire Alexis immediately. No wedding coordinator could be better.
I cannot stress enough how her positive attitude, supreme attention to detail, genuine kindness, and absolute professionalism made our wedding a day to remember. Most importantly, my husband and I could relax and focus on each other and our guests because we knew Alexis had literally everything handled to perfection.
Alexis on several occasions literally saved our wedding. She helped us end a contract with a terrible vendor and found our new venue. She even fixed favors that I had ordered that arrived damaged (all the shippers fault - nothing to do with Alexis - but she still fixed them anyway!) She was able to handle a difficult relative situation during the wedding with ease. I couldn't believe how seamlessly she smoothed the drama and made it appear as though nothing had happened.
Also, extremely important - Alexis was very respectful of our wedding budget and found venders that were right for us in style, size, and price.
I always felt that our wedding day meant just as much to Alexis as it did to us. Although I’m sure she was working on other weddings, she was amazingly responsive and quick. She has a terrific memory. I never had to ask her about anything twice. I had complete confidence that if I asked Alexis for something it would be done. I could put it out of my mind.
Alexis also has a wonderful calming influence. As soon as she arrived in the bridal suite, I immediately felt like everything was back under control. She got everyone calmed down and focused.
My husband and I consider Alexis to be the best money we spent. I have told numerous colleagues and friends that her services are worth far, far more than we paid and that they should absolutely hire her. I'm more than happy to be a reference for Alexis.
Wedding: 06/08/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I'll start by saying that Alexis and her team were absolutely amazing to work with and made our wedding day FLAWLESS and completely stress free. We worked with Alexis and Chelsea, both whom are easy to talk with, very accessible, and totally understanding of our vision.

They recommended vendors, made suggestions and wanted to ensure that our wedding day was exactly how we envisioned. They managed all of our vendors and made sure to have frequent contact with them as the big day approached (which definitely made my life a whole lot easier!).

Not only was her planning help invaluable the months leading up to the wedding, but we could not have done without her day of coordination. She kept things on schedule so that myself, rob and our families could simply enjoy and soak up the day without worrying what time to get to the church or if it was time to cut the cake.

Alexis' professionalism, enthusiasm and expertise were above and beyond... definitely the elite among wedding planners. We would HIGHLY recommend Unique Weddings to anyone who wants their perfect wedding to go off without a hitch.

Thank you Alexis for everything!

Colleen and Rob
Wedding: 02/16/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When my now husband and I got engaged we immediately knew that we were going to need some help! Neither of us knew the first thing about planning a wedding so naturally one of the first tasks was to talk with a wedding planner. I knew as soon as I met with Alexis that she would be perfect for us. While she is a consummate professional, she also makes sure to make you feel like you have a friend looking out for your best interests all the way thru the planning process. These qualities proved to be priceless when dealing with vendors, struggling with decisions, and making the wedding day ultimately perfect!

Even if you are not like we were, clueless, but a couple that knows exactly what they want Alexis and her team would be beneficial. Alexis always took the time to make sure we were getting the best deals possible and her rapport with vendors is invaluable. If you want to make sure that your wedding day is stress-free and executed to perfection then Unique Weddings by Alexis is the way to go!

Evan and I could not be happier with the way our wedding day turned out and we know all this would not have been possible without Alexis and her team.
Wedding: 12/22/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Alexis and her very profressional team of experienced planners made our wedding absolutely perfect. She understood our vision and recommended experienced vendors within the area who fit into our budget and complimented our style. She was extremely attentive throughout the entire planning process, offering constant professional assisance. She helped us plan everything - from reserving transportation and hotels for our guests right down to the small details of wedding favors and ceremony programs. During the 'day of', she was invaluable! The execution of our vision went perfectly and having worked within the wedding industry for years, has a reputable repoire with every vendor we hired. If anything went wrong on our wedding day, we certainly didn't know of it...and all was resolved by the time our wedding played out! Now that is the kind of wedding planner you want on your side!

Alexis' experience, engergy and professionalism were above and beyond what we expected from a wedding planner and she will make you feel like your wedding is the only event she has on her schedule! She always makes you a priority and will make not only you and your family but your guests feel comfortable throughout your special day.

We highly recommend Alexis and her team to any bride and groom. If you want the perfect day - then hire Alexis!

~ Jill and Jonathan Ghareeb
Wedding: 10/13/2012
 617-586-2733
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire