Tradewinds Island Resorts

Value
Flexibility
Christal
04/10/2015

Working with Julie at the TradeWinds was an absolute pleasure! We adore her! Anything we needed done she made sure it happened. Our whole wedding experience here at the TradeWinds was amazing and a breeze. The food was excellent and their staff was on top of everything. We're so happy that we chose the TradeWinds as our venue for our destination wedding!

Christine
11/14/2014

When researching venues, we wanted a beach ceremony with an indoor reception, as well as hotels nearby for guests to stay the night. Many venues along St Petersburg Beach offers this combination, but we picked Tradewinds because we felt they had the absolute best combination of options! Tradewinds is a large property with several spots to choose from for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. We had our ceremony on the south beach with the cocktail hour on the south lawn overlooking the beach. Everything was absolutely perfect and beautiful. The beach site at Tradewinds is set a bit back from the water so we had no tourists in the background of our ceremony, yet we were close enough to have the water in the background. The sunset was absolutely amazing and we have the best pictures. We held our reception in the pavillion which was perfect - easy to decorate with lighting and decor; plenty of room for guests to eat, drink, and dance. The quality of food and drinks was excellent, as was the service. Julie Manes and Lynn Clark are so organized and professional, they were helpful every step of the way. Julie and Lynn were very quick to respond to emails/phone calls, and we were just so happy with the way everything came together. Also loved that there are so many restaurants and bars on the property, getting breakfast/snacks/lunch was so easy throughout the weekend, and it was so much fun to meet at the tiki bar or other places on property after the rehearsal dinner and reception. Once at Tradewinds, we did not leave the resort for 4 days because everything we needed was there. We highly recommend the Tradewinds for your big event!

Tradewinds Island Resorts responded with the following comments:

Thank you Christine!! You were wonderful to work with!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can not say enough about the staff at TradeWinds Island Grand! From start to finish they did everything to make sure our wedding day went smoothly, and it did! Julie Manes is so wonderful, she is quick to respond to any questions you have. Ashley from Exquisite Events was so great as our day of coordinator! Together with Julie, Ashley and the whole staff at the TradeWinds, our day could not have been more perfect! The day of the wedding was so stress free knowing that there were so many experienced people dedicated to our wedding. I could write a book about how great the TradeWinds is! I highly recommend to any bride that is looking for a stress free planning experience!

Tradewinds Island Resorts responded with the following comments:

Lindsey, thank you so much! You were a wonderful Bride!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Tradewinds Island Resort is the absolute perfect venue for a beautiful tropical wedding! Julie Manes is so great and works with you to make everything perfect! Our rehearsal dinner was on the south lawn and we had a beautiful sunset and the Florida buffet which was great for my family from NY to feel like they were on a tropical vacation. The resort is completely kid friendly and big kid friendly, with so much to do! My out of town guests LOVED it and want to go back for another vacation there!!'
My ceremony was absolutely to die for on the Breck Deck out by the beach. We had another amazing sunset for photos! We were so lucky!!! Steel drum band by Mello Vibes set the tropical setting off! Then it was go the beautiful Pavilion tent for the reception, gorgeous is all I have to say about that! Exquisite Events is hired to make your day run smoothly and they do an impeccable job! I didn't worry about a thing all day! They shuttled me where ever I had to be and I just got to relax and take it all in. The food is supreme! We had chicken, sea bass and filet and everyone was raving about each dish, we couldn't be happier. Perfect day! Perfect wedding! Perfect venue!!!! Thank you Tradewinds!!! And thank you Julie Manes!!!!!
Xoxo
Aimee & Jesse

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I planned my wedding all the way from Spain and I researched and compared all resorts along the gulf coast for the perfect place. My wedding was an informal intimate one on the beach with 35 guests. My wife and I wanted that picturesque beach wedding with white chairs, roses, a pergola and the sunset in the background and the Tradewinds more than delivered. I was a little nervous about planning a wedding from the other side of the Atlantic but when I called and spoke with the amazing Julie Manes I knew I was in good hands. I was able to tell immediately that I was speaking with a professional by the way she answered my questions without hesitation and even explained some things that I hadn't even thought of. For seven months along with their collaborators at Exquisite Events, Julie managed our invoicing, dinner plans, payments, and pretty much anything we needed she never took longer than 24 hours to get us a response. I essentially planned the entire wedding from my computer thanks to Julie's knowledge and hard work. The day of the wedding we were lucky enough to have great weather. From our room we were able to see the wedding preparations which started early in the morning. When the time finally arrived Julie came and personally drove my wife and her parents in a little golf cart to our wedding spot on the beach where I was waiting for them. After the wedding we had a cockatil hour in which Art was our bartender and he was delightful. When we went inside for the reception it was Lilly who coordinated everything. Lilly was so sweet and charming along with Aziz they made sure we had everything we needed. At the end of the night my family was so impressed with every aspect of the wedding. I wish I could take credit for it but in all honesty it was the great team at Exquisite Events, Julie's expertise, Art's charm, and Lilly and Aziz's attentiveness which made everything run so smoothly. Thank you! - David and Sara from Spain

Tradewinds Island Resorts responded with the following comments:

David, Thank you! It was our pleasure....

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The TradeWinds is an absolutely beautiful location to have a wedding! Our ceremony was on the deck overlooking the water and reception in a gorgeously decorated Pavilion. Everything was perfect and all of the staff is helpful and kind! They catered to all of our large family and wedding party needs from start to finish. Their Wedding Coordinator is wonderful, Julie Manes, we cant thank you enough! Because of her our wedding was perfect! We will be back soon to visit for sure!
~The Hendrick Family

Tradewinds Island Resorts responded with the following comments:

Thank you Danielle! You were wonderful!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
06/28/2014

Tradewinds Resort was the perfect place for our beach wedding. They truly made our day perfect and Julie was amazing!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I just got married at the Tradewinds a couple weeks ago and it was perfect. The staff did a great job, the food was amazing and Julie was with me every step of the way. Julie did a great job of answering all my questions and reassuring me with all of my concerns and made sure everything was handled like she promised. Thank you!! All of my family commented on what a great venue we chose. They have something at the resort for every age. My family came from all over and they were all able to stay for a long weekend and make it a fun family vacation. I could not have asked for a better venue and venue staff. Dominique from Exquisite Events, provided by the Tradewinds, was my day of coordinator and she was fabulous. She had safety pins when my bustle broke, club soda when someone stepped on my dress and it left a mark and she made sure all my guest were where they were suppose to be so that I could enjoy my day. Thank you to all those who made it wonderful. I will definitely recommend you.

Tradewinds Island Resorts responded with the following comments:

It was our pleasure..thanks Sarah!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married in March at the TradeWinds Island Grand Resort. It couldn't have turned out better. The beach was such a beautiful backdrop for our ceremony. Our reception was held inside. The food is absolutely amazing! We had filet mignon, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and ceasar salad. Everyone of our guests ate their entire plate.

Leading up to the wedding we worked with Julie-the wedding coordinator. She is absolutely fantastic. She is flexible and will get you want you want to make your wedding day perfect. She responds quickly to emails, too!

All the decorations were set up for us the day of thanks to the day-of-coordinator that the TradeWinds provided.

If you're looking for a place to have a beautiful beach wedding, amazing food, and an incredible coordinator, look no further! TradeWinds is the place for you!

Thank you Natalie!! It was my pleasure

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The best customer service around!! Julie you are the best!!

thank you!

1+ year ago

They are the best resort in the area. They are always on the spot to take care of all of your needs.

1+ year ago

We just got married at TradeWinds on New Years Eve. Were from Indianapolis, so planning from a far had the potential to be difficult. However, every experience with Julie and the TradeWinds staff couldnt have been more positive. We had our welcome dinner, ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all the TradeWinds. Everything was just as we expected and more. I would highly recommend the TradeWinds as a wedding venue. Our guests are still raving about their experience! :)

Tradewinds Island Resorts responded with the following comments:

Thank you ...it was my pleasure!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Julie Manes worked with me and my budget and I had a fabulous wedding! Any thing I need or asked was done no problem. The staff at the TradeWinds is the happiest, most accommodating staff I have ever seen. I loved every aspect of the process & the food was amazing. 5 star all the way. The ceremony on the beach and outdoor cocktail reception was beautiful and flawless. My friends have told me that the food at my wedding was the best they have ever had. If you have a dream of a beach wedding, call Julie at the TradeWinds and she will make your dream come true on any budget. Thank you Julie, my husband and I are very proud of our wedding and will be spending our anniversary every year with you guys. I hope Shelley is at the lobby bar-she kept me sane and hydrated during our whole wedding weekend!-Sharan Richardson

Alyssa
10/26/2013

Lots of different options to choose from.. From the ceremony to the reception I chose a beach ceremony at sunset and reception in the pavilion it was beautiful!! The good was awesome!!!!!!!!

Thank you Alyssa!

1 Review
1+ year ago

We were very happy with the service the tradewinds provided! The food was excellent the Pavillion was very clean and looked great all decorated for the reception! The beach was beautiful and we lucked out with the best weather for a wedding on the beach!!

Barbara
1 Review
10/26/2013

Everything was perfect except for the reservations department for our reserved block. We had multiple people comment to us that they had to stay at a different hotel because they were told that there were no rooms available yet when I checked with Julie Manes there would be rooms available. My sense is that you lost patronage due to your reservations department.