The Woodlands at Woodbury

(4.6 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.6 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Don't even think twice about it... The Woodlands is an extraordinarily beautiful and romantic venue that offers warmth and beauty like no other venue on the Island.

In addition to the grounds and the mansion itself, the team at the Woodlands is beyond amazing. From our initial meeting with Debbie, to the food tasting and planning with Maria and Dave, to the day of with Iris, Ramone, Marvine and the rest of the staff, our experience was full of happiness, ease and sheer joy. Our friends and family raved about the outside patio space where heated lamps kept them warm and the phenomenal food that perfectly reflected our two cultures and tastes. The attention to detail at our wedding was impecable and the reception was flawless.

We can't thank them enough for everything and we look forward to celebrating our 1 year anniversary there!

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding was perfect because of The Woodlands. There is nowhere else like it! My guests were so impressed with this unique and beautiful venue. The staff is superb and the food was amazing!

• Wedding: 10/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Woodlands at Woodbury is Long Island's Best Kept Secret for the Perfect Wedding! Our wedding was easily, by far, the best day of our lives, thanks in no small part to the Woodlands at Woodbury. From the moment my now-husband and I walked onto the grounds, we knew the Woodlands was special. The Woodlands was intimate, beautiful and rich in history, with staff that went above and beyond, to not only welcome us, but make us feel at home.

The estate and gorgeous greenery of the Woodlands' grounds far surpassed any wedding fantasy I had; growing up on Long Island, I dreamed of a waterfront wedding but the Woodlands was romantic, elegant, and spoke more to me than anything else I could have dared imagine. Debi, Dave, Raymond, Erica and Gerard were charming and attentive, and Marvin, the executive chef, is a culinary talent beyond measure.

Our guests have raved about the food, which we have repeatedly been told was "the best" ever served at a wedding (and not "typical wedding food,") as well as the flowers and the music, all provided by the Woodlands' house vendors (Black Dahlia and Then Til Now).

One of the best aspects of the Woodlands was that they have only one event at a time - the entirety of the estate and the grounds belonged to my husband and I on our wedding day and we were even encouraged to make it our home. The Woodlands invited us to bring in family pictures which they carefully placed on the mantle and in the various rooms, making it home. The Woodlands will always have a special place in our hearts for the romance it provided on our special day.

I encourage any couple looking to celebrate their love to visit the Woodlands. You won't want to leave.

• Wedding: 09/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There are no words to convey the complete satisfaction in the outstanding food, service and personal touch that we experienced at our recent event. The team effort was wonderful and no detail was overlooked. We received many calls expressing the satisfaction of our guests. We recommended Woodlands as a top notch venue. Our special thanks to Ray the Maitre D' who took care of all the details to perfection.
Patti & Pat G.

• Wedding: 09/01/2014
Services Used: Catering
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't even put into words how thankful we are that we chose the Woodlands for our wedding. Everyone that we worked with that day was absolutely amazing and they made us feel so special. We could not have asked for a more perfect place to have our wedding. The mansion was beautiful and the staff set-up all of our decorations exactly how I imagined. Honestly the whole day far exceeded my expectations. All of our guests keep raving about how beautiful the day was.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We knew The Woodlands at Woodbury was going to be our wedding venue from the minute we came to the top of the driveway. It is an absolutely stunning venue with very well kept original features and modern updates which ticked all the boxes we wanted for our wedding reception venue. Being able to have the entire venue on the day of the wedding was key as you can really make it your own, with any personalization and details absolutely welcomed by The Woodlands team. I cannot say enough about the team at The Woodlands. We had a tricky situation where we were planning our wedding from London and what could have been incredibly complicated and stressful ended up being very straightforward. Steven and his team were so accommodating to us and our situation, and easily accessible via email and when we were in town for a few visits before the wedding. I could not have asked for more.

We had an amazing wedding day, there were no problems, issues, or surprises. Five months after our wedding people are still commenting on the beautiful venue and amazing food. Not only is The Woodlands a fantastic venue but they have a fantastic, hard working team. A big thank you in particular to Stephen, Ray, Iris (the best bridal attendant who I cannot rave enough about)!

• Wedding: 11/08/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding day was ABSOLUTELY everything we could have dreamed of! Once we entered the grounds to see the Woodlands for the first time, we fell in love with it and could not imagine our wedding being anywhere else. The sales manager at the time was so personable and warm, her presence was a major factor in our booking the Woodlands so quickly. With her departure, it made coordinating a few things closer to the wedding a little more challenging, but Steve walked us through our last steps leading up to the wedding. He made sure that everything was perfect for us for the wedding day, even our AMAZING pumpkin wedding cake! The wedding day was seamless and was everything we could have hoped for. Everything went as planned and it was the happiest day of our lives together thus far. Now two months after the wedding, we are STILL getting compliments about how it was the best wedding that our friends/families had been to - everyone was especially amazed by the amount and the quality of the food. They also could not stop talking about our pumpkin wedding cake! It was a great party and many family members have asked to do it all over again! We highly recommend The Woodlands to anyone who is planning a wedding or any other party!

• Wedding: 10/25/2013
Laura
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding was more beautiful than we could've ever imagined! My now husband and I fell in love with The Woodlands the second we walked in the door. The grounds and the mansion are incredibly romantic and offer so many ways to make your wedding personal and unique. Our guests are still talking about how amazing the food tasted, how beautiful and unique the venue is and what a great time they had. The Woodlands truly made our dream wedding come true! Erica must be the world's greatest bridal attendant and Steve was so easy going and made sure every detail was exactly as we had arranged. I am so happy we chose The Woodlands and wish that I could live this day over and over again! It was magical! Thank you to the entire staff at The Woodlands for making our day perfect! I'm so excited to go back as a guest this coming summer!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When we discovered The Mansion at The Woodlands at Woodbury, we instantly knew this was the perfect place for our wedding reception. An elegant and intimate estate with gorgeous grounds, the setting is so beautiful! As we planned our wedding, the entire staff at the Woodlands was such a pleasure to work with. From Debbie in sales, to Steve the manager, to Ray our maitre’d, and to Iris my bridal attendant, we were always given warm and personal attention. Our highest compliments also go to the chefs-- as the food at The Woodlands is absolutely outstanding! Our guests are still raving about how delicious everything was (from a creative and grand cocktail hour to the excellent entrees to the terrific wedding cake which is all made in-house). We have only the most wonderful things to say about The Woodlands and give it our highest recommendation!!

• Wedding: 10/21/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding was the best wedding I have ever been to. Not because it was my wedding, but because of the Woodlands at Woodbury. The service was phenomenal. The food was fantastic. And the mansion and the grounds were absolutely stunning. Every staff member treated us like family. Our whole family keeps telling us (months later) about what a wonderful time they had. They loved the food... they go on and on and on about the delicious food! And, they loved the old world feel of mansion, the patio, the way the main dining room has glass doors to the back patio (a great place to smoke cigars fyi) and the bar (a great place to watch your favorite sports team). From Margaret, to Steve to Patty - the most amazing people to work with who made our very special day run smoothly. I LOVED MY WEDDING AT THE WOODLANDS! I promise you will not make a mistake if you choose this venue for your wedding, or any other special event!

The Woodlands at Woodbury responded with the following comments:

Thank you Aphrodite & Chris! You are both such special people who share a love obvious to anyone who comes in contact with you! We were honored to host your wedding day!

• Wedding: 10/14/2012
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding at The Woodlands was the most incredible experience I could have imagined. My husband & I are still hearing from our guests about how much they loved our wedding & how amazing the service, food, & mansion was. Before choosing our venue we had been to The Woodlands many times for different occasions but on our wedding day it was like we had never been there before. Seeing the mansion done up for our wedding was unreal!

From the moment we arrived that day every single detail was handled for us. We had a very large bridal party (30 people total) & all of their needs were handled as well. Steve, our manager, set up the entire upstairs of the mansion with drinks & food & let the bridal party have the run of the place. It was so much fun for everyone! My bridal party still talks about how much fun they had hanging out before our ceremony.

Erica was my bridal attendant & I couldn't be more grateful for how easy she made the day for me. I didn't have to think about a single thing because she thought of everything for me. I always had a drink in my hand & every time I turned around she was reapplying my lip gloss or making me laugh. She was such a life saver.

The weeks leading up to our wedding were handled with such professionalism & such detail by Steve & the rest of the staff. They laid out every detail of what we had to do & with a 300 person guest list we had a LOT to take care of. Steve was always available for every phone call or email & made sure we stayed calm.

If anything went wrong that day, we never found out. There are so many people on staff at The Woodlands that you wouldn't know if anything went wrong. Someone is always taking care of everything & making sure the only thing you're worried about is having the best day of your life. From the stunning look of the mansion as you arrive, to the incredible viennese hour to end your wedding, The Woodlands is the most elegant & incredible venue out there. We could not have been happier!

• Wedding: 09/29/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my wedding reception at the The Woodlands and it was amazing! I honestly had no compliants. The staff was very friendly and very very helpful. A big thumbs up to the Maitri'D and my bridal attendant Iris. Now the food.. OMG! I booked this place before i had the tasting so i was just going to hearsay about the food but OMG the food in this venue is the best I've ever had at a wedding and all my guests concur. I wish i would've taken some home LOL. Planing the wedding i worked with Debi and then Steve both great. At the end working with Steve i felt confident that our requests were taken seriously, and he's a cool guy! Thanks to the Woodlands team for an awesome, unforgetable wedding.

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had the most wonderful wedding at the Woodlands. From the time my fiance and I went to look at it, till we drove away on the night of our wedding, we have only wonderful things to say about The Woodlands!!! Margaret (in sales) is a warm, welcoming person who made sure we were always taken care of. Steve and Iris were outstanding the day of our wedding. We were able to decorate as if it was our home. Our friends and family are still talking about the delicious food and service they received. We took all our pictures outdoors as the grounds are beautifully kept. If you want a spectacular wedding, this is the place to be!!!

• Wedding: 07/06/2012
Kerry
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the moment we booked with the Woodlands to the very end, everything for our June wedding was perfect. The entire staff was incredible..extremely helpful and professional. The location itself is breathtaking and magical..not your typical catering hall. Our guests raved about the amazing food and how beautiful the Woodlands is. We couldnt ask for anything better.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything was perfect!!! Steve and Raymond were amazing and more than accommodating!!!! So many people called me to tell us how great the food was and we agree! No complaints at all!!!

• Wedding: 05/19/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There aren't enough positive words available to review The Woodlands. From our first visit with them when we realized we found our venue to our Wedding Day was such a wonderful experience; all the staff are so professional and helpful.

Our Wedding was spectacular and our guests are still raving about our day!

We wish we were invited to someone else's Wedding at The Woodlands so we could enjoy another magical occassion.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
516-921-5707
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards