The Woodlands at Woodbury

(4.6/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
We knew The Woodlands at Woodbury was going to be our wedding venue from the minute we came to the top of the driveway. It is an absolutely stunning venue with very well kept original features and modern updates which ticked all the boxes we wanted for our wedding reception venue. Being able to have the entire venue on the day of the wedding was key as you can really make it your own, with any personalization and details absolutely welcomed by The Woodlands team. I cannot say enough about the team at The Woodlands. We had a tricky situation where we were planning our wedding from London and what could have been incredibly complicated and stressful ended up being very straightforward. Steven and his team were so accommodating to us and our situation, and easily accessible via email and when we were in town for a few visits before the wedding. I could not have asked for more.

We had an amazing wedding day, there were no problems, issues, or surprises. Five months after our wedding people are still commenting on the beautiful venue and amazing food. Not only is The Woodlands a fantastic venue but they have a fantastic, hard working team. A big thank you in particular to Stephen, Ray, Iris (the best bridal attendant who I cannot rave enough about)!
Wedding: 11/08/2013

Laura 5 Reviews
Our wedding day was ABSOLUTELY everything we could have dreamed of! Once we entered the grounds to see the Woodlands for the first time, we fell in love with it and could not imagine our wedding being anywhere else. The sales manager at the time was so personable and warm, her presence was a major factor in our booking the Woodlands so quickly. With her departure, it made coordinating a few things closer to the wedding a little more challenging, but Steve walked us through our last steps leading up to the wedding. He made sure that everything was perfect for us for the wedding day, even our AMAZING pumpkin wedding cake! The wedding day was seamless and was everything we could have hoped for. Everything went as planned and it was the happiest day of our lives together thus far. Now two months after the wedding, we are STILL getting compliments about how it was the best wedding that our friends/families had been to - everyone was especially amazed by the amount and the quality of the food. They also could not stop talking about our pumpkin wedding cake! It was a great party and many family members have asked to do it all over again! We highly recommend The Woodlands to anyone who is planning a wedding or any other party!
Wedding: 10/25/2013

Private User 3 Reviews
Our wedding was more beautiful than we could've ever imagined! My now husband and I fell in love with The Woodlands the second we walked in the door. The grounds and the mansion are incredibly romantic and offer so many ways to make your wedding personal and unique. Our guests are still talking about how amazing the food tasted, how beautiful and unique the venue is and what a great time they had. The Woodlands truly made our dream wedding come true! Erica must be the world's greatest bridal attendant and Steve was so easy going and made sure every detail was exactly as we had arranged. I am so happy we chose The Woodlands and wish that I could live this day over and over again! It was magical! Thank you to the entire staff at The Woodlands for making our day perfect! I'm so excited to go back as a guest this coming summer!
Wedding: 1+ year ago

Anonymous 10 Reviews
When we discovered The Mansion at The Woodlands at Woodbury, we instantly knew this was the perfect place for our wedding reception. An elegant and intimate estate with gorgeous grounds, the setting is so beautiful! As we planned our wedding, the entire staff at the Woodlands was such a pleasure to work with. From Debbie in sales, to Steve the manager, to Ray our maitre’d, and to Iris my bridal attendant, we were always given warm and personal attention. Our highest compliments also go to the chefs-- as the food at The Woodlands is absolutely outstanding! Our guests are still raving about how delicious everything was (from a creative and grand cocktail hour to the excellent entrees to the terrific wedding cake which is all made in-house). We have only the most wonderful things to say about The Woodlands and give it our highest recommendation!!
Wedding: 10/21/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My wedding was the best wedding I have ever been to. Not because it was my wedding, but because of the Woodlands at Woodbury. The service was phenomenal. The food was fantastic. And the mansion and the grounds were absolutely stunning. Every staff member treated us like family. Our whole family keeps telling us (months later) about what a wonderful time they had. They loved the food... they go on and on and on about the delicious food! And, they loved the old world feel of mansion, the patio, the way the main dining room has glass doors to the back patio (a great place to smoke cigars fyi) and the bar (a great place to watch your favorite sports team). From Margaret, to Steve to Patty - the most amazing people to work with who made our very special day run smoothly. I LOVED MY WEDDING AT THE WOODLANDS! I promise you will not make a mistake if you choose this venue for your wedding, or any other special event!
The Woodlands at Woodbury responded with the following comments:
Thank you Aphrodite & Chris! You are both such special people who share a love obvious to anyone who comes in contact with you! We were honored to host your wedding day!
Wedding: 10/14/2012
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding at The Woodlands was the most incredible experience I could have imagined. My husband & I are still hearing from our guests about how much they loved our wedding & how amazing the service, food, & mansion was. Before choosing our venue we had been to The Woodlands many times for different occasions but on our wedding day it was like we had never been there before. Seeing the mansion done up for our wedding was unreal!

From the moment we arrived that day every single detail was handled for us. We had a very large bridal party (30 people total) & all of their needs were handled as well. Steve, our manager, set up the entire upstairs of the mansion with drinks & food & let the bridal party have the run of the place. It was so much fun for everyone! My bridal party still talks about how much fun they had hanging out before our ceremony.

Erica was my bridal attendant & I couldn't be more grateful for how easy she made the day for me. I didn't have to think about a single thing because she thought of everything for me. I always had a drink in my hand & every time I turned around she was reapplying my lip gloss or making me laugh. She was such a life saver.

The weeks leading up to our wedding were handled with such professionalism & such detail by Steve & the rest of the staff. They laid out every detail of what we had to do & with a 300 person guest list we had a LOT to take care of. Steve was always available for every phone call or email & made sure we stayed calm.

If anything went wrong that day, we never found out. There are so many people on staff at The Woodlands that you wouldn't know if anything went wrong. Someone is always taking care of everything & making sure the only thing you're worried about is having the best day of your life. From the stunning look of the mansion as you arrive, to the incredible viennese hour to end your wedding, The Woodlands is the most elegant & incredible venue out there. We could not have been happier!
Wedding: 09/29/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had my wedding reception at the The Woodlands and it was amazing! I honestly had no compliants. The staff was very friendly and very very helpful. A big thumbs up to the Maitri'D and my bridal attendant Iris. Now the food.. OMG! I booked this place before i had the tasting so i was just going to hearsay about the food but OMG the food in this venue is the best I've ever had at a wedding and all my guests concur. I wish i would've taken some home LOL. Planing the wedding i worked with Debi and then Steve both great. At the end working with Steve i felt confident that our requests were taken seriously, and he's a cool guy! Thanks to the Woodlands team for an awesome, unforgetable wedding.
Wedding: 09/22/2012

Kerry 2 Reviews
We had the most wonderful wedding at the Woodlands. From the time my fiance and I went to look at it, till we drove away on the night of our wedding, we have only wonderful things to say about The Woodlands!!! Margaret (in sales) is a warm, welcoming person who made sure we were always taken care of. Steve and Iris were outstanding the day of our wedding. We were able to decorate as if it was our home. Our friends and family are still talking about the delicious food and service they received. We took all our pictures outdoors as the grounds are beautifully kept. If you want a spectacular wedding, this is the place to be!!!
Wedding: 07/06/2012

Anonymous 1 Reviews
From the moment we booked with the Woodlands to the very end, everything for our June wedding was perfect. The entire staff was incredible..extremely helpful and professional. The location itself is breathtaking and magical..not your typical catering hall. Our guests raved about the amazing food and how beautiful the Woodlands is. We couldnt ask for anything better.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Everything was perfect!!! Steve and Raymond were amazing and more than accommodating!!!! So many people called me to tell us how great the food was and we agree! No complaints at all!!!
Wedding: 05/19/2012

Anonymous 2 Reviews
There aren't enough positive words available to review The Woodlands. From our first visit with them when we realized we found our venue to our Wedding Day was such a wonderful experience; all the staff are so professional and helpful.

Our Wedding was spectacular and our guests are still raving about our day!

We wish we were invited to someone else's Wedding at The Woodlands so we could enjoy another magical occassion.

Anonymous 4 Reviews
I cannot say enough wonderful things about The Woodlands and their staff. To start, it is an amazing place to have a wedding. It is not the typical catering hall that is around. Instead I really felt like my husband and I had our own mansion for the day. Every single thing was taken care of the way I wanted - from the family pictures to the candles to our lounge area. Everything was perfection. The staff was amazing at taking care of my every need and want but yet they were not intrusive. And the food was AMAZING. I still have people telling me it was the best food they have had at a wedding hands down and that it was like being at a restaurant. Thank you so much to the whole team at The Woodlands. You made our day amazing!
Review of The Woodlands, Woodbury, New York
Wedding, Sunday, November 6, 2011

It’s hard to believe that our wedding at The Woodlands in Woodbury, Long Island was five months ago. As a busy new bride, I finally have a moment to write a review and share our wonderful experience with all future brides and grooms considering this venue. After our engagement on New Year’s eve 2009 (officially the first few minutes of January 1, 2010), we soon began a six month search for the perfect venue. A great deal of time was spent searching possibilities online, reading bridal magazines and visiting the places that looked interesting. We were looking for a venue that didn’t feel like a catering hall, had only one event at a time, was unique and elegant, a place that could create an intimate setting and above all have some historical background…. a place with a story on which we could begin our own story. Finally in early September 2010, we found The Woodlands and it won our hearts. When we toured The Woodlands we encountered a beautiful Gold Coast Estate on magnificent grounds with an Italian villa style. The house was designed by the famous architects, Delano and Aldrich, who were known for many of Long Island’s Gold Coast mansions from country estates to large ones such as Oheka Castle. The house was commissioned in 1918 by a prominent lawyer of the time named, Victor Morawetz, who gave it the beautiful name “The Three Ponds” (named after the three actual ponds that surrounded three sides of the house in the gardens). Later on, in 1928, the house was sold to the famous industrialist, Andrew Mellon, who bought it as a wedding present for his daughter, Alyssa. The house itself, beautifully preserved as it was from the early 1900’s and the background history had us hooked. My Mom, our official wedding planner and consultant, did a lot of research on the beautiful home and made an album of pictures of its history (if you select the Woodlands be sure to see a copy of this research we gave to Ms. Brower). The estate is now owned by the town of Oyster Bay and is currently a wedding venue run by the Singh Hospitality Group. All the charm and the elegance of the original house remain intact and one might feel transported back in time upon entering the property. The house fascade, surrounding garden walls, entry and staircase halls are all as they were in the 1920’s. In later years, Alyssa Mellon Bruce, changed the name of the estate to The Woodlands and made some interior enhancements such as the beautiful and intimate wood paneled drawing room. My fiancé and I had hoped to have a relatively small wedding of around 100 guests and longed for an intimate setting that would be charming and unique. We fell in love with this room as the place where we hoped to have our ceremony. We felt this was the historical heart of the house and would be perfect for our fall later afternoon ceremony. There are of course, many other lovely options for ceremonies inside the reception room for larger weddings or even outside in the gardens overlooking the beautiful woodland gardens and rolling green lawns. The house itself was extended in recent years with an elegant reception ballroom toward the back of the house. The décor and design is a perfect compliment to the rest of the house. In addition there is a fabulous bridal suite and the groom and his groomsmen can enjoy the gentlemen’s bar which also has beautiful wood paneling. Since your event is the only one at the time, the bride and groom and their family get to be the hosts of this enchanting estate for several magical hours with the assistance of your venue team who help you bring your vision to a reality. While our wedding had only 105 guests, the cocktail hour room and reception room were arranged in such a manner as to maintain the intimacy but still give us all the space the home had to offer.
The setting of the wedding as we’ve described so far was extremely important and The Woodlands was perfect in every way in that regard. Of course, while the venue setting is critical, all of it would be worthless without the proper staff and other basic elements that make a wedding successful as a perfect event. We carefully evaluated these elements as well upon selecting The Woodlands and we were convinced from the beginning that we had made the right choice. The staff we worked with were extremely helpful and willing to go to any length to help us make our wedding vision and all its details a reality. The key person in working with us from the moment we arrived, was our banquet manager, Margaret Brower. She worked with us from the beginning of the journey until the end in every area of our Woodlands wedding. Ms. Brower assisted us in fine tuning the ceremony details, menu, vision, as well as seeing that everything ran smoothly on the day of the wedding. We also were introduced to the general manager, Steve Dumeng, as the wedding date got closer. He supervised the orchestration of the entire event to make sure that every detail was taken care of and that the staff would be fully advised and in place. Shortly before the wedding we also met our Maitre’d, Raymond, who was wonderful and managed the affair to perfection so that we were “worry free” (actually “no worries” was the phrase Raymond would always tell us and it was true). As an added and invaluable person for the bride, the Woodlands provided me with a bridal assistant, Iris, who was with me the entire event, seeing to my every need and keeping me calm so that I could enjoy our day (which I did completely). All the waiters, waitresses and additional staff were also superb. In addition, I would highly recommend any of the house vendors of the Woodlands we used. For our band (9 piece) we decided on After Hours with owner, Phil Vollaro. They were incredible and had our guests dancing and smiling non- stop (they also do DJs etc.). For our photography we used Michael at Gray Studios. He really captured the wedding beautifully and we are continuing to work with him and his staff on crafting our albums and DVD. For flowers, Pedestals was wonderful and went above and beyond to create incredible flowers under the guidance of Virgil Alessi on staff there. With all the house vendors (and there are others listed), it is always best to take the time to interview them (house or not) and see which are a good match for you.
The next big element that was important in venue selection is the food. Here the Woodlands did not disappoint. In truth, we did decide to go to a tasting before booking the venue, but it was worth it to get a clear idea of the caliber of the food. The staff takes the time to assist you in selecting your menu and you have the option to upgrade or add items if you wish. We stayed with the basic menu items offered (all fantastic) as well as the cocktail hour stations and passed hor’doevres. We did add a Caviar station with a magnificent ice sculpture which our guests loved but in truth really didn’t need it since there was plenty to select from. Since we had our ceremony at the Woodlands, our guests were greeted with champagne and some crudités a half hour before as they gathered in the beautiful entry halls. We had a pianist playing some classic love songs which made the pre ceremony really romantic. As an added plus, the bridal suite also has a mini buffet of foods and champagne for the bride and bridesmaids as well as family. We also had additional appetizers set up for the groomsmen in the gentlemen’s bar.
The main dinner selection items we picked were all superb. Our first course was the roasted pear salad followed by a choice of Chilean Sea Bass, Filet Mignon and Duck. One was better than the next. The trio of desserts were also a big hit (you can pick what you like). We had cheesecake, chocolate cake and mini pumpkin pie tarts. Our wedding cake was a vision to behold (provided by the Woodlands) – four tiers (as we requested) with a beautiful design that we had provided a picture of. Our florist added the final touch with a cascade of our signature roses (leonitis) as well as on the top of the cake. Our interior layers were yellow cake and chocolate pudding alternating with layers of chocolate cake and cannoli filling. This is the only item regarding the food that could have been better, the interior of the cake. Somehow the cannoli filling ended up as a buttercream filling with no chips. In the end, the truth is most guests never eat the wedding cake after the trio of desserts but for those brides and grooms that are fanatical about the interior of the cake, you might want to consider an upgrade here. All the other Woodlands desserts we sampled at food tastings were incredible but the wedding cake was hard to evaluate since at the tastings you get very small squares of the various cakes and an array or fillings that you have to mix and match to come up with a decision. Without actually eating a slice of cake with the icing on top, it isn’t easy to know how it will be. Perhaps schedule an appointment with the Woodlands baker or as mentioned, upgrade on your own. For us, although the cake interior was a bit disappointing, the look of the cake was perfect and that was very important to us.
In the end, for anyone considering the Woodlands as a venue for a wedding or other special event, we give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. Our wedding could never have achieved the vision we had and given our guests the experience we dreamed of in any other place. The setting of the estate with the surrounding beautiful property (especially spectacular in fall), the elegant and historical interior, first class service and food, attentive and caring staff all contribute to a one of a kind event. Add to this recipe your own creativity and vision (such as staging the entry halls and mantles with all your own touches in seasonal florals, personal items, photos etc.), truly knowing what you want and communicating that to the staff ….. you will surely achieve an incredible wedding. Our wedding was more magnificent than we could have imagined. Even now, five months later, our guests still have not stopped talking about it. We wish we could live it all over again. With a great venue and staff like the Woodlands (and lucky for us a tireless and talented creative wedding planner like my Mom), we had a day that was unique and unforgettable. To any of you who are planning an upcoming event there, you have selected a great place– best of luck and much happiness. We hope this review has helped you in your wedding journey.
Sincerely,
Jennifer & Dmitriy
April 1, 2011
Wedding: 11/06/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My reception at the Woodlands was everything I dreamed it could be. With the invaluable help of Margaret, Steve, Ray and the entire Woodlands staff, my husband and I truly had one of the most amazing nights of our lives, surrounded by family and friends. For a November wedding, my husband and I wanted an elegant venue that still looked warm and welcoming, especially with the chilly air. The Woodlands was perfect - beautifully decorated, working fireplaces, warm tones throughout - it was exactly what we pictured. Margaret, our banquet manager, was simply a joy to work with - one of the warmest people I've ever met and offered great advice every step of the way in planning the reception. Steve did an incredible job of organizing the event, making sure all the pieces were in place and making me, my husband and my mother feel like everything would go perfectly (and it did). Ray was the perfect host that evening - I had so many comments from our guests about how friendly he was, even going so far as to check in on my guests with food allergies to make sure everything was alright with their meals. My bridal attendant did nothing short of a fantastic job - kept me on time and where I needed to be, always there when I needed something. Bottom line, for a classy, elegant event at a beautiful venue with easy, wonderful people to work with - look no further. The Woodlands is the perfect place!
Wedding: 11/05/2011
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering
  • Flexibility:  5.0
You will not find a more accommodating and professional staff, or a more beautiful setting for your wedding or reception. The team of Steven and Margaret are reason enough to stop your search immediately. It is rare that one of the things your guests mention to you is the quality of the food in your reception, but all of our guests raved about everything from the cocktail hour to the passed desserts. We have to mention that Steven and Margaret went out of their way to work with two people in the military. They were incredibly flexible and worked with us to ensure that our reception was perfect. You WILL NOT find a more professional or flexible location dedicated to exceeding your expectations and making your event unforgettable for you and your guests.
Wedding: 10/29/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Wow, what can I say. The most beautiful and elegant mansion on the island. When my husband and I got engaged we wanted a place that had a feeling of a home for us. Not just another catering hall. This was our second wedding but the feel we wanted to create was that of a place where our children, family and friends would feel "cozy, at home, relaxed...yet there must be a touch of royalty there too". We came upon The Woodlands and at that very moment we knew.. this had to be the place. After booking our wedding, every moment moving forward we were in fact treated like Royalty. The entire staff was so accommodating, right down to recreating The Drawing room into a place for our ceremony... because that's what I wanted. It was exquisite. I had the opportunity to meet the owner, Mr. Singh..what a wonderful, caring and generous man. Margaret who is the Manager of craziness made sure our every need was met and made me feel that there was not a thing to worry about. And she succeeded. I even met personally with the head chef.. an amazing experience.

I cannot boast or brag enough about a group of people that I now consider my "extended family". My daughter's Sweet 16 is in December 2012 and guess where we are having it????

From the incredible food, to the beautiful atmosphere, to the long and winding road to the front door, to the unbelievable staff, I cannot say enough.

Begin your lives at The Woodlands...it will be the beginning of the most unbelievable fairy tail.
Wedding: 04/22/2011
 516-921-5707
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire