The White Room

(4.8 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The White Room is an amazing venue with lovely staff who are very helpful and accommodating. I am so excited and glad I chose to have my wedding there!

• Wedding: [Private]
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We looked all over for a place to have our destination wedding and knew the White Room was our place as soon as we entered, though it took awhile for an available meeting. I don't think the White Room needs many reviews as it's already so popular. Shannon, our event manager, was absolutely fabulous. She thought of everything. It is so evident that she had done hundreds of weddings. She had my dress ready in a secret location for me to change into during reception, she had drinks ready for us at our table, and she brought food out to the wedding party as we were waiting to be announced. Clearly she knew we'd be starving. She set up an entire sparkler send off for us and reminded us several times to walk slow for pictures. The venue itself is just gorgeous. The food was hands down the best wedding food I've ever had. We offered a duet entree so that our guests got both the chicken florentine and the pepper seared steak tenderloin. We got late night warm chocolate chip cookies passed around with little shots of milk. We even added a gourmet coffee bar and ice cream bar to meet our food and beverage minimum. The best thing about the venue is that there are no "room fees" or any other fees. You have a food and beverage fee per guest (with a min.) and tax and gratuity. The gratuity is abnormally high at 22% (yikes), but all of it is well worth the money. We had guests compliment everything including how fun and entertaining the bartenders were. One small detail that was missed. Our guests arrived by trolley (arranged by the White Room) and we knew they would be at least 30 minutes early. I learned from my guests that when they arrived, they all thought they were in the wrong place because there was no sign or any evidence of our wedding taking place there. Half of them ended up entering the other wedding and the other half headed up a utility staircase into a broom closet. Something that they may want to address in the future.

• Wedding: 11/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Where do I begin?! Meghan at the White Room is AMAZING! From the moment we met, I knew she would make our day perfect. Meghan and her team at The White Room made our day more than we could ever imagine, from the decor and food to the hot cocoa and donut bar, everyone was raving about wedding! Meghan went above and beyond to get things, like pink cotton candy, specific alcohol, and she was more than a sweetheart through the whole process! The White Room was definitely the place to throw a darn good party! We couldn't be happier!!

• Wedding: 11/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I'm sure all of the reviews for the White room are so wonderful, and I'd have to agree. But in additional to the beautiful venue, we had an amazing coordinator, Shannon. Shannon thought of everything and anything. Shannon made the whole ceremony and reception stress free (as stress free as a wedding can be of course). Shannon is so personable and made us feel like she was so excited to be a part of our wedding. We had our ceremony and reception in the rooftop and loft. The food is fantastic and the whole setting is just beautiful. Everyone commented on how beautiful the room and rooftop were. Thank you to the White Room for providing is with such a beautiful location and such delicious food and drinks and a big thank you to Shannon who just made everything perfect!

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I love the White Room! Meghan was incredibly helpful through the whole process. She was flexible and quick to return emails and phone calls. I got married in the second floor ballroom and the team decorated it beautifully. My guests raved about the food and the venue itself. I couldn't ask for a better coordinator or better place to get married.

• Wedding: 11/09/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The White Room and their staff were AWESOME! Shannon was my coordinator and while I'm sure I drove her crazy with my one question per email emails, she was very responsive and happily answered all of my questions. :) They offered great suggestions and helped everything turn out even better than I thought it could. Thank you SO much!!

• Wedding: 10/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had rooftop wedding and reception in the loft for nearly 90 guests! Level of service was top notch! Weather in October was perfect! Don't need much decorations given then beautiful brick, chandeliers, and included table linens, etc. We recommend full bar- house wine included was amazing! Everyone commented on how good it was! The brownies are very rich and amazing! Do sparkler exit! If you are thinking about candles, get them! Just added to the beauty!

• Wedding: 10/24/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Jessica
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We LOVED booking this venue for our reception. The location is absolutely beautiful inside and out and is located in the heart of historic st. Augustine. Meghan was amazing and was very attentive to us. She even busseled my dress cause I didn't know how to and it was a very complicated bussell. She handled every issue and we didn't have to worry about anything. We had the surf and turf for dinner and it was delicious and cooked to perfection. All of the food was amazing and they really go the extra mile in how they put everything together. Absolutely LOVED them and couldn't imagine having it any other way than with them

• Wedding: 10/20/2014
colleen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my ceremony and reception in the White Room Loft/Rooftop. It was the perfect place for me because it did not require a lot of outside decorations to make the space beautiful. The best, to me, was how intimate dinner felt, even with a filled room. I also really enjoyed working with Meagan. She was very organized (which I love) and ran a very smooth ship all night. It was great having someone to worry about all the details while I enjoyed my evening.

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
Amy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Shannon Walter was our coordinator and she was wonderful to work with! She would respond very quickly and talk on the phone for any questions I needed answered! She especially helped us the day of our wedding when it tarted to rain we moved the ceremony inside and she got everything together perfectly in their "Little white chapel". . We didn't even know about the room and that it was available! It's beautiful and can be decorated pretty minimally to cut costs to look even more amazing! Overall our guests loved the ceremony location and reception hall! We had our wedding in the main room and it was perfect! The food was great and the wait staff was very kind! I would recommend the white room to anyone having their wedding in st.augustine! Beautiful place and great location!!!

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The White Room was amazing! The Staff was always so polite and attentive! Shannon, our coordinator, never minded my thousands of questions I had during the planning process! My Wedding went off without a hitch and that was thanks to her and the fabulous staff!! My wedding was truly perfect and I wouldn't change a thing! The White Room is beautiful, has the most delicious food and offers a fantastic view!!

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
Lindsay
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The White Room was a chic and beautiful setting for our wedding. Our event planner was Megan, and she did a fabulous job communicating with us (we were a destination wedding).
The WR staff really came through for us because our wedding was to be outside, but the weather made us switch to plan B. Megan kept an eye on the weather and our ceremony was set up in their gorgeous new chapel--Bella Blanca.
The event went on smoothly and everything was timed perfectly-- the storms outside didn't even matter!

• Wedding: 06/01/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Nataliya
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great venue! My daughter and son in law were married there in the summer. They really accommodate the guests well. The wedding was in the Bella Blanca and the reception in the Loft: classy! beautiful! (and the food was great!)

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There is not one thing I would change about our reception at The White Room. Everyone LOVED the food and the ballroom was beautiful. Our coordinator was Meghan Berman and she was fantastic, handling all of my questions and requests quickly and professionally. I highly recommend her and The White Room to any future brides. They go above and beyond leading up to your event, but really shine with their day of services. Everything was perfectly timed and coordinated and I never once felt like I had to worry about the details. Meghan was on top of it the entire time and it made our wedding perfect. Thank you Meghan, I will miss working with you :)

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The white room is not only breath taking but right in the center of the historic district with tons of things around it. It's a picture perfect setting and we couldn't have asked for it any other way. The staff is impeccably professional and helpful. We did everything via email since this was a destination wedding, and it went very smoothly. Shannon at the white room was awesome and I can't say enough good things about her involvement in our wedding. Thanks to b the v white room for a wedding that's is being raved about!

• Wedding: 05/03/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
KatNDJ
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The White Room was beautiful! We did our ceremony on the rooftop and our dinner in the ballroom.The entire staff was amazing. They did an incredible job from start to finish. Meghan was our coordinator and I can't say enough wonderful things about her. She is efficient and organized and made sure everything ran smoothly through the entire process. I have heard so many stories about wedding where people say, "I would have changed....." There is nothing I would have changed about our wedding day. Everything loved the food and had a wonderful time and I couldn't have asked for anything more. Thanks Meghan!!

• Wedding: 04/25/2014
Danielle
904-824-9056
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards