The Society Room of Hartford

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.3

My husband and I have some phenomenal things to say about the Society Room as well as a few criticisms.
Things we love: The architecture, vault, ceiling, etc.; Wayne (the ceremony assistant- absolutely fantastic person, lovely to work with, and very organized); Jonna (our bridal assistant for the night, she was so attentive to us, so friendly, a truly lovely person who made our night very special); the details manager (sorry but her name escapes me, she is a very organized person, she's very on top of things); the food (delicious!!!)
Things we didn't love:
1. We needed a letter for out of country guests for their VISA application; they misunderstood our request, never communicated that they did not understand what we needed, and waited until it was too late and after I contacted them to let us know what was going on (that being said, I did inform the managing partner of this, and he sincerely apologized)
2. The overall planning process. Their "attention to detail" felt so fake. All of their e-mails have the same embedded phrases to so they don't forget to be overly friendly. This makes us feel like we aren't individuals. Also not crazy about the planners we worked with. We were given a lot of misinformation (the size of the aisle was said to be 30', but our wedding was facing the windows, so it actually was an 18' aisle). Things like that really annoyed us.
3. Our aisle runner (which I paid $300 for) wasn't used in our ceremony because they couldn't figure out how to set it up. They asked me 1/2 hour before the ceremony, and I honestly did not have the time for that.
4. Originally bubbles were allowed, so we purchased bubbles. They changed the rules, never let us know about the change. It's not that hard to send out an email to the couples letting them know of the change.
5. They forgot to remove the cakes from the tables after being cut (but Jonna fixed it).
6. Broken links on their webpage. I find it unprofessional.

1 person found this review helpful

The hartford society room isn't just beautiful. It is beautifully run. The staff are professional and efficient taking all the worry out of wedding planning.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding day was the most wonderful experience of our lives, everything was flawless! Items from my Ukrainian culture were mixed in and it just flowed perfectly. Everyone seemed to be focused on us and ensuring that each step of the evening went off without a hitch. From our final meeting with Desmond I felt that we were in great hands! Everyone even kept the secret about my Grooms gift of an ice sculpture luge martini that was Red Sox or the special dinner I had planned. Desmond even brought me a picture of the ice sculpture before the ceremony after it was all set up so I could be sure it was perfect!
He ensured that every question we had was answered and that there was no request to small for him to take note of and ensure was met with perfection the day of. The execution was on time and seamless. All of our guests talked about how it was the best wedding they've ever been to, how the food and service was impeccable. Our bridal attendant Melissa was also wonderful always making sure we had a snack at cocktail hour and that drinks were always full. She even was able to get me help to get bustled. Everyone was amazing, we don't know all the names but THANK YOU!

I have to take points away for Professionalism. for their planner Michelle Vitti. She was one of the least pleasant people I've ever worked with. Questions were met with her, "strong opinions" not an answer or ideas. Her communication style is short and seems that she only focuses on how her wedding was vs. every brides desire to have their own unique spin on the day. I believe that for the level of customer service within this organization and the attention to detail and perfection, Michelle isn't a fit. She could use some coaching. I'm grateful we were able to work with Kirsten the last few months as she was warm and pleasant and always willing to work with ideas or visions. She didn't just say no without working with us to create a plan that suited our vision.

1 person found this review helpful
Recently Married

Words cannot describe the magical evening that we had on our Valentines Day Wedding!
The Society Room of Hartford did an outstanding job making every little aspect of our night memorable, breathtaking, and amazing! We truly could not have had a more fun evening! Michelle Vitti the wedding coordinator we worked with was AMAZING! She truly saw our vision and helped to make it come true! From the emails back and forth, from the phone calls, and the private tasting she put together for myself, my husband, and my parents, she truly went above and beyond to create the most amazing day ever! I could go on forever stating how amazing this venue was, however you will just have to "book-it" and find out for yourselves!! Truly truly the best place ever! Don't hesitate when looking here!! :) You will most definitely be pleased!!!

Thank you thank you!

Lisa and Adam White

Julie
10/17/2014

The Society Room was absolutely perfect for our special day. Besides being a gorgeous venue, the food was incredible and the staff was so helpful and attentive. They made sure the entire night went smooth and provided great service to our guests. Highly recommend.

Recently Married

I can't imagine a better place for a wedding reception than The Society Room. From beginning to end, it was a pleasure to work with everyone there. My fiancé and I were so struck by the gorgeous space the first time we walked in. It immediately blew out of the water every other venue we looked at. We knew ahead of time that we wanted an all vegetarian reception. We received a number of negative responses on this front from other venues, but the sales representative at The Society Room, Dana, didn't even flinch at this request.

Early in our planning, Dana left The Society Room and Michelle Vitti stepped into her role. The transition was completely seamless and everyone was extremely professional. Michelle was so accommodating during the process that my fiancé and I joked that "no" was not in her vocabulary. She and Chef Stefan Drago even organized a special vegetarian tasting for us and both of our families. Michelle and Melissa were both wonderful to work with throughout the planning process and always went above and beyond to help us with anything we needed. On the day of, our attendants (Desmond and Johnna) were wonderful. They anticipated our every need and made everything run smoothly.

The food was wonderful, the atmosphere perfect, and the timing like clockwork on the day of the wedding. Our wedding was three months ago and our guests are still raving about it. There is nothing I would change about the day, and that's because of the great work of everyone at The Society Room. They took all of the stress out of the planning and made everything work perfectly. I would certainly recommend The Society Room to any couple!

Matoaca
06/29/2014

The society room is absolute gorgeous and it was a huge wow! My guest were amazed and the grandness of the venue. I want to give a big special shot out to the chef there. When we went to our tasting we were that impressed and talked things over with our coordinator. They were willing to work with us and personalized our menu. Everything from hor dourves to appetizers and our entrees. The food was perfect! Our guest good not stop talking about the food the venue and the overall atmosphere of the night. The staff is excellent and very attentive. Thanks to Desmond and johnanna and to the rest of the staff that worked that night! It was perfect! Thank you.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place will blow you away. My guests cannot stop talking about this place. I booked the Society Room 14 months before my wedding. I had a morning wedding and on top of that, mine was a traditional Sri Lankan wedding. Dana was the sales manager when I contracted but then the staff changed and Michelle Vitti took on Dana's position. I was initially nervous, but I should not have been. They are so professional and so on top of everything. They are so organized and pay extreme attention to detail. I had many requests to cook a traditional Sri Lankan curry and set up my structure the night before etc. they accommodated ALL my requests. The food was really good! Word of caution, the food during the mock wedding is nothing compared to the food they prepare for your wedding day. So if you My day went SO smoothly thanks to Michelle, Cecelia, Warren ( the Jamaican banquet manager), Desmond and all the bartenders. They were so wonderful during the setup of my wedding structure and on the day of. Everything was flawless. They assured my that my day would go beautifully, and believe me you have to trust these people! I strongly recommend this gorgeous venue and its professional crew.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married at The Society Room on 3/29/14, and from the moment we signed the contract with them they provided a wonderful experience. I had the pleasure of working with Dana for the majority of my planning, and she was fabulous. She was always there for any question I had, whether it was about the seating chart or napkin colors. When Michelle Vitti took over for Dana as our wedding coordinator, there was no loss of expertise. She knew every little detail of our wedding and completely eased my mind of wedding day stress. As for our wedding, well, lets just say all of our guests have been reaching out to us and our parents to let them know that it was the most glamorous wedding they have ever attended. The food got amazing feedback from our guests, the venue speaks for itself with its beauty, and the staff was extremely attentive. Jonna was there for us the entire wedding and helped us with everything that we needed. I would HIGHLY recommend The Society Room to any bride to be and can assure you that they will definitely give you the wedding of your dreams.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Society Room is an excellent choice for any couple that wants to have an elegant and impressive wedding. We did a 1940's nostalgia/Old Hollywood theme, which worked perfectly within the historic venue. The whole team is top notch! My husband was deployed when we booked and couldn't make the tasting so they set up a private one for us when he returned. They really go to any length to make you feel taken care of. We had our wedding on a Friday night at the tail end of winter and the value of the off season price was exceptional. Everything ran very smoothly the whole night and all of our guests raved about the food, service, and surroundings. Its also extremely convenient to have your ceremony onsite with hotels in walking distance and city steam brewery right next door. If you decide this is the right venue for you, be sure to book early. I would also recommend booking the rehearsal when you book the venue bc our only difficulty was having to have our rehearsal offsite since the Society Room was booked for a corporate event the night before our wedding. Thank you again Society Room for an unforgettable night!

Danielle
1 Review
01/17/2014

Dana was attentive and caring. She was detail oriented. She listened to make sure our dream wedding was accomplished. On the day of the actual wedding, Johnna, Desmond, and staff were extraordinary.
From helping with bridesmaids dresses that needed tailoring to catoring to guests, they were great.

Hats off to the chef! The food was amazing.

The only problem we had was our cordials were not displayed but we discussed with Dana and were compensated.

That being said the staff at Society Room made it their mission to make sure our guests were happy. And Johnna was at our side all night.
Many of our guests said this was one of the best weddings they had attended. They were in awe of the food. DELICIOUS!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue provided me with more than any bride or groom could dream of! From the moment I googled Weddings in Hartford Ct I fell in love with the beautiful space that is The Society Room. At my very first visit I was in awe and knew that my guests would be at their first glance. The coordinater and GM were with me every step of the way through the planning process and made it remarkably easy. All email inquiries were responded to within a more than reasonable manor.
The floor manager and personal server the day of my wedding were absolutely outstanding. There was not a moment that we were not catered to, They litterly made me feel like royality!
The food was cooked to perfection - the soup was steaming, The salad was crisp, and the beef melted in your mouth!
If you are looking for a wow factor of a venue with high class service than look no further!!

1+ year ago

Everyone & everything at The Society Room is AMAZING! The staff are extremely helpful & professional, and answer questions in such a timely fashion. Our wedding was beyond our wildest dreams, from the food to the natural beauty of the Society Room I could not have asked for more! Highly recommend!!!

Katy
12/22/2013

The Society Room is such an amazing venue! My husband and I fell in love with it the moment we walked in. Dana was extremely helpful throughout the whole process and was always quick to respond to any questions or concerns. Wayne and Melissa were wonderful the day of, and our guests could not say enough about everything from the decor to the food. We had the most amazing wedding and The Society Room did a wonderful job making the process stress free.

Kimberly
11/29/2013
4.7

From the moment I stepped into the Society Room, I knew I’d found a jewel!
Sean took my mother and I on an impromptu tour and was very informal, gracious and resourceful. Dana (the coordinator) was extremely responsive, cheery and threw in tons of ideas based on her experience. Closer to my wedding date, I’d had some interaction with Michelle, who wasn’t as helpful as Dana, but was able to provide me with the information I needed for some vendors. The day was smooth, our event manager Warren was on top of everything. I still have guests that are commenting on the food, transition to dinner and the layout. My husband wasn’t as pleased with the price tag, but I am 100% satisfied.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is BEAUTIFUL. The staff is friendly and professional (and not pushy salesmen like a lot of venues). For the venue and for the food, the price is very fair.