The Scottsdale Plaza Resort

Flexibility
Profile Picture
Private User
[Private]

Very beautiful resort! They were great with negotiations in order for us to have our dream wedding! Their coordinator Jennifer Hoffman is very good at what she does. She is very friendly and has amazing ideas!

0.1

So much went wrong during out wedding, everyone should be warned about the incompetence of the staff here. When we booked with this venue they had an amazing catering coordinator that knew what she was doing and made us feel very comfortable. Unfortunately for us, she left and went to work out of state at another resort. This left us with Sarah Lacey as the new wedding coordinator. Our problems with her started when she kept giving us excuses and avoiding a meeting with us to make sure we were comfortable with her capabilities to provide us with the wedding we wanted.

The worst part of our venue came after we did our photos and were staging for the ceremony. We were standing on the putting green getting ready to set up in the order we were to walk down the aisle, WHEN THE SPRINKLERS CAME ON AND SOAKED ALL OF US! Some obscenities were yelled towards the coordinator for not doing her job and allowing this to happen. The bride got soaked, the flower girl fell into a cactus, and the groom got even more soaked trying to remove the flower girl from the cactus. Our coordinator feigned an apology and it took several minutes to get the sprinklers turned off.

After the wedding when we received our final invoice, they offered us a paltry amount of reimbursement due to them ruining our wedding. To top it off, they charged us several hundred dollars for drinks the bride and groom did not drink. We had an open bar for an hour after the ceremony and then cash bar after that. We spoke with Sarah's boss, Marti Waicelunas, she stated that they could only give us a small amount in reimbursement and that was all we would get. She provided me the VP of Sales and Marketing name, Sean Sachs, who when I spoke with him blamed the bride and groom for everything because we used obscenities towards his staff and would not refund us anything beyond the minimal amount. He basically told us his staff could never do anything wrong and it was our fault.

Do not have your wedding here!

0.8

I don't even know where to begin with this resort. We had an amazing coordinator to begin with who unfortunate for us but fortunate for her received a job offer and had to move away. The "replacement" and I will use that word loosely did not compare by any means. We were advised the week of the wedding that champagne/apple cider was not part of the quoted cost. At rehearsal the coordinator advised family members who were performing that they would advise them when to begin on the day of and they failed to do so. The day of the wedding I had to message the coordinator several times to pick up items that were required in the reception tent. Finally about an hour before the wedding they were picked up. During the reception I had to remind them to fix my train before I walked down the isle. After the ceremony there were supposed to be carts to take us where we needed to go and none were found. So most of my wedding party walked to the front where the fountain was only to find out we were missing people because they got lost and no one could direct them (by the way during this time the coordinator was no where to be seen). So no group pictures were taken and I still have no group pictures, no family pictures were taken at all, and the bottom of my dress is pitch black from having to walk to the front of the resort. When we finally found a cart they said they only had one cart running that night for a resort with 400+ rooms I find that ridiculous especially on a night you have a wedding of 120+ people. When we got to the tent our amazing DJ was able to get us placed and ready to go and the catering and Captain inside where amazing. We payed way to much money for such horrible service. I would absolutely not recommend this place to anyone!

1 person found this review helpful
4.7

This was a very nice place. The gazebo was decorated very well. The only problems that we really had were, there was any champagne in our room when the reception was over, as indicted it should have been on our contract. The when the reception ended early we requested several of the meal that should have been left over because of guest not showing up be sent back to our room, there weren't any left. They had no anwer for this.

Profile Picture
Anonymous
2+ years ago

What a beautiful place. The care and service delivered was out of this world.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Debbi Gatz and her team were very professional and responsive. The meal at Remington's resturant was spectacular and all of our guests and vendors loved the food. Not a single complaint. Almost all guests said that every single bite was exceptional. I agree. Many guests also said that this was the best wedding food that they have ever tasted. Great job!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort was on May 12th, 2012. We had our ceremony at the gazebo and our reception at Remington's restaurant. Our primary contact was Debby Gatz. Ms. Gatz is highly professional, having been in the business for 19 years. She is highly flexible and was able to accommodate our every request.

One consistent review we got from our guests was on the food. The food was PHENOMENAL. Many people told us that the crab cakes served were the single best crab cakes they had ever eaten. All across the board, our guests loved the food more than any wedding they had ever attended, very high praise!

As for the gazebo, it is nearly magical. The lawn is perfectly groomed, and the gazebo is flawless. The site (only $500 if you have your reception with them!!) surpassed my wildest expectations on my wedding day. It was gorgeous. It is so naturally pretty that it really requires minimal to no floral extras, which is another way to save! :)

My one hesitancy on this review was responsiveness. It took my family quite some time to hear back from Ms. Gatz on multiple occasions (days to weeks after emailing her). It was very frustrating during the planning process. That being said, our wedding went perfectly, and Debby remembered all our requests for the day.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Entertainer, Transportation

Unbelievably beautiful full service venue. Stayed the whole weekend enjoyed every part of the resort. Had family fly in from out of town and stay also. So relaxing to spend the day playing in the great pools with family that had not been reunited in such a long time. Took advantage of the full service salon for pre-wedding primping and hairstyles. Got married at the most beautiful little gazeebo on property with a very intimate feel but yet room for at least 200. So beautifuly landscaped and decorated, further floral decor was not even needed saving us a huge amount. From there we walked across the courtyard to Remingtons Restraunt where we were treated to an amazing full course dinner in our own private ballroom with patio. And then to top off the whole weekend we got to wakeup sunday morning to brunch served in the Garden Court Restraunt for one final gathering with the family before we departed for our honeymoon. Debby Gatz and her staff were over the top with their knowledge of how to make this most important day seem as if it were a breeze. Our Thanks go out to John Dawson, Debby Gatz and the rest of this amazing staff.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Scottsdale Plaza Resort was AMAZING! Everything was perfect! The service was exceptional, the food was outstanding, the outdoor venue was magical, the staff was great. We loved everything about the venue!