The Riverview

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

Very wonderful from start to finish!

Recently Married

We held our spring wedding at the Riverview in 2015 and absolutely loved it. Our guests raved about everything the food, the cake, the building itself, the staff, and the view of the Farmington River! Their staff made the whole process very easy and their wedding coordinators are very helpful providing advice and suggestions that really help an overwhelmed couple simplify a very big production. We had 128 guests and they fit wonderfully in the Riverview's reception hall with plenty of elbow room at every table. We also held our ceremony in their outdoor spaces which provided a great back drop to our special day. We can't thank the Riverview staff enough and having two personal attendants and the bridal suite at our disposal was amazing giving us a pampered feeling and a private space to enjoy the just married feeling! Thank You Riverview, We highly recommend this venue to anyone getting married in Connecticut!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony and reception at The Riverview and we could not be happier!! We fell in love with the venue the second that we arrived. The decor is beautiful and we could immediately see ourselves getting married there. We knew we wanted our ceremony to be outside and the tent was perfect in case there ended up being rain that day. The staff is very professional and organized. You get assigned an event coordinator to help you throughout the planning process. Our event coordinator was Chelsea. She did a great job! She always responded to my questions right away, which I really appreciated! Additionally, on the day of the wedding she always made sure we were exactly where we were when we needed to be and she coordinated with our photographer as well. The prices are very reasonable for pretty much everything being included (meal, cake, open bar, etc). Oh and also they have open houses every couple of months where you can walk around and meet vendors/try their food. Overall a great experience!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Recently Married

We had duck as an option on our menu. I received feedback that some didn't eat it because it was too rate. I also ordered it myself and didn't prefer it so switched with my husband. The cake slices could've been cut a little bigger so that I didn't have to take home as much left over. I really appreciated the 2 attendants for the day. They were really helpful and attentive. CT Party Pros did an amazing job. The appetizers and drinks were great (we had the martini bar and the cordial bar).

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake
Danielle
06/28/2015

Our wedding was the most magical and special day of our lives. The Riverview provided us with the perfect backdrop to reflect our personalities. The staff catered to our every want and need and helped us to enjoy our special day without needing to lift a finger. We are so grateful to The Riverview for helping us celebrate our day!

Amber
06/27/2015

Amazing staff and venue! They made sure everything went smoothly. Everything was perfect! I wouldn't change a thing!

Katie
06/20/2015

The Riverview offers a very elegant venue for a wedding! My husband and I wanted to have an outdoor wedding regardless of the weather, and the Riverview provided that. They have an outdoor patio that's canopied from the door to the alter. Allowing us to have our ceremony over looking the Farmington River even if it was raining out. The food is delicious! They offer a wide variety of foods to chose from for appetizers, dinner, and even dessert. The Riverview is also very open to accommodating for food allergies. I'm allergic to dairy and they not only gave me a dairy free dinner but they gave me a dairy free piece of our wedding cake! From day one the service that is offered is incredibly helpful and professional. Any time of day if I had questions our wedding coordinator, Danielle, would respond almost immediately. The day of the wedding our coordinators made sure our bridal party stuck to a schedule to be sure the ceremony all the pieces of our day wasn't delayed. Our coordinators were such nice people and they were so calming. They truly did an amazing job making our wedding day absolutely perfect. The Riverview itself is gorgeous! Their decor is elegant but allows for a bride to have as fancy or casual of a wedding as she wants.

Recently Married

The Riverview was more amazing than we could have ever imagined. Every detail of our wedding reception was absolutely perfect. The Riverview staff was exceptional, professional, courteous, attentive, flexible and considerate. Our wedding day was truly memorable because of the excellent venue and experienced staff at The Riverview in Weatogue, CT!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

Caitlin at The Riverview was so helpful throughout the whole planning process; I emailed her a million times with questions and she always got right back to me. They set up everything exactly how we wanted and packed it all back into our car at the end of the night. Throughout the night they gave us just enough guidance without overwhelming us and everything went smoother than we could have ever imagined... And cocktail hour was amazing!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wow- what a beautiful venue! Not only is the room gorgeous with beautiful floor to ceiling windows and a marble dance floor, but the service is absolutely phenomenal. Chelsea and the team were excellent to work with, and they handled every detail perfectly. I was nervous about having two weddings at the same venue- but it never once felt that anyone else was there except for my guests. You couldn't hear the other wedding or see any other guests other than your own. You can tell that this place knows how to execute weddings- the timing of the food, dancing, cake cutting was awesome. I received so much feedback about how good the food was- adding on the espresso bar was so worth it- it was an awesome little treat at the end of a great party! I can't thank the Riverview enough for making this such a magical and special day.

marilyn
04/10/2015

My wedding at The Riverview was everything I hoped it would be.

Melissa
12/14/2014

Great prices. Very accommodating with our schedules. The Riverview is beautiful. Looking forward to having our wedding here in December!

Recently Married

The Riverview was a beautiful venue for our wedding reception! The staff was beyond attentive and made sure our day ran smoothly. The food was delicious and our cake was amazing!!

Marianne
11/22/2014

I couldn't have asked for a better partner on my wedding day! Maureen was incredibly responsive and catered to our every need. Our special day was perfect. Our guests are STILL talking about how beautiful The Riverview is and how amazing the food was. But in my opinion, the best part was the cake. Absolutely fantastic spice cake. Wish I could do it all over again!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

amazing staff!! Made sure everything went smoothly and timely.

Recently Married

The Riverview was fantastic from top to bottom. They provided the wedding of my dreams. I couldn't be more pleased.