The RiverRoom

The RiverRoom

Come for the view, stay for the party!

18 South Water Street Suite 2
Value:
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The RiverRoom was the second venue we viewed and we fell in love with it. We loved the brick walls and the location. Our guests ventured to get ice cream from a new ice cream shop during the reception. It was the perfect cool off treat for the hot night. Melissa was so nice and accommodating during the planning process. She even stayed in touch with my mom, who lives in Florida. The RiverRoom helped make our wedding vision come to life. It was perfect.

• Wedding: 10/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I don't think I can say enough good things about the River Room. Melissa is extremely helpful, and always quick with a response on any issue. The space itself is wonderful; very easy to set up in a number of different ways, great floor for dancing, and the views are just beautiful. It is an incredible deal, as well.

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Melissa is the sweetest and most helpful woman when it comes to wedding advice! I love the RiverRoom so much! The brick interior was just what I was looking for, and the riverfront view was just icing on the cake. My meetings with Melissa were so helpful and she made me feel so relieved when I spoke to her about my plans. She knows so much about weddings and everything that goes into them. I would highly recommend this location!

• Wedding: 08/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a 4th of July wedding on the deck and reception inside! It was setup and ready to go when we arrived to walk down to be married. Melissa was our day of coordinator and helped things run smoothly! Our big day was truly a success! We couldn't have had a better venue to have such wonderful memories made!

• Wedding: 07/04/2014
Mary
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding at The River Room on May 10th, with a deck ceremony and reception! Melissa worked as our day of coordinator, to help us create our perfect day! Melissa was extremely helpful throughout the whole process and offered amazing suggestions, and was always there to answer all of my questions. We were so happy with the end result, it was everything that I wanted and had pictured in my mind! We would definitely reccomend having your wedding here and definately having Melissa work as your coordinator!!

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
Sonja
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beautiful venue. Intimate size. Great staff. Perfect for our rehearsal dinner.

• Wedding: 05/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The River Room proved to be a great place to hold our small ceremony and reception. It's a blank canvas as far as the interiors go--which is exactly what we wanted. We really wanted to find somewhere we could decorate to really make it a true reflection of us, which I think we were able to accomplish here. The building itself is in a great location with it being right on the river, and the exposed brick really offers a lot of character and depth. If we ever had a question, it was answered promptly, and we didn't have any bumps along the way! We had our ceremony on the deck, which was very beautiful and we were really able to embrace the beautiful scenery. Our reception was inside, which was nice--to have it all in one place. We did bring in our own beer and wine, which saved a lot of money. I think the venue was very nice and we were able to do our wedding very affordable-y, which was important to us.

• Wedding: 04/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our rehersal dinner at the riverroom, it was a wonderful expierence , Mellisa was very helpful and prompt at returning emails and phone calls as we were scheduling from long distance. The actual facility has beautiful views of the Cape Fear and by candle light and string lights makes a very romantic venue. The natural brick , the fact that it is in middle of Wilmington's historical district made this a memorable venue .

• Wedding: 02/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The RiverRoom is absolutely beautiful, very pretty view and makes for some awesome pictures. Melissa who is the coordinator was such a pleasure she is full of ideas I wouldn't have never imagined! All I can say is amazing!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the moment I saw The RiverRoom I knew that was the place I wanted to be married. The room is just beautiful from the exposed brick and the windows overlooking the river you can't ask for more. After speaking with Brian and Melissa I knew we had found our location. We used the all inclusive package they offer which was absolutely perfect for us. They have something for every budget. Melissa was beyond awesome to work. She thought of everything down to the smallest details that would make our day perfect!!
Our guests told us all night long what a great time they were having. The food from Middle of the Island Catering was incredible. Adam with DJ Professionals did an amazing job with the music which I completely left up to him. We had people on the floor all night long. I was thrilled with everything all the vendors did. So big thank you's also go to Amy with 1 of 13 photography, Jamie with ETC Party Rentals, Matt with the videography. I could go on and on about the whole experience but you just need to go and see for yourself as well. My groom was very hands off with the planning as he wanted me to have everything I wanted LOL in fact he hadn't even seen the location until that day. When we got in to the reception even he said to me that it was more than he could have believed and that he felt it was perfect for US!
Thank you to everyone at The RiverRoom for making my day completely stress free.

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the minute I stepped into The River Room, I knew this was the place I was looking for, it was a perfect fit for my groom & I! There are so many positive things to say about this venue, aside from an amazing location with beautiful views, you also get Melissa to work with who I feel goes above & beyond to help you make your day's vision come to life. Living a few hours away from Wilmington, it wasn't easy to plan our wedding day, but the flexibility that The River Room offers and Melissa's kind professionalism really helped our planning process. She was always quick to respond any time we had any questions & offered many suggestions to help me create the perfect vision of what I wanted. I couldn't be happier with the way everything looked on our wedding day, including the surprise extra touches we received that we didn't have room for in our budget. The room was beautiful, service was outstanding & Melissa simply rocks! You won't be disappointed if you choose the River Room!

• Wedding: 10/25/2013
Star
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What can I say?!?! Melissa made my dreams come to life! From the beginning, planning our wedding reception here was an absolute breeze. The location, price, beautiful space and flexibility of the staff made the River Room a front runner on our vendor list. What other venue in downtown lets you stock your own bar and staff it, FREE of any extra charges? None! I can absolutely guarantee that Melissa Mendoza is the best on site coordinator you will find in Wilmington, NC. She even added a few extra touches that she knew were part of my dream but not part of my budget. My wedding could not have been more perfect thanks to all her help. The River Room is the best!!!

• Wedding: 10/18/2013
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The RiverRoom was the perfect location for our reception. The feel was fun and classy. We danced the night away and I wouldn't have changed a thing! Melissa was wonderful and stayed in contact with me from the time I booked through after the wedding to make sure I was happy and satisfied. I keep hearing about how wonderful of a time everyone had and how much fun everyone had at our reception. Thank you RiverRoom for an unforgettable night :)

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We leased the River Room as the site for our sons Rehearsal Dinner on August 9, 2013. It was absolutely perfect in every way. Melissa Mendoza, the event coordinator for the River Room made the whole experience effortless and enjoyable. This was a destination event that had to be coordinated from some distance. Melissa provided us with the names of several vendors who were also top notch. Brian of DJ Professionals provided the lighting which made the space even more perfect. The place, location, ambiance, and professional guidance every step of the way made our rehearsal dinner the talk of the weekend.

• Wedding: 08/09/2013
Services Used: Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Melisa is the one who put my mind at ease the day of my wedding. She met with me several times to learn who I was, and what expectations I had for my reception. One evening when my boyfriend and I were walking down town Wilmington, we stopped at a window at the River Room, admiring in awe of the wedding that was taking place. The raw beauty of the building and location captivated me. My first thought was, "We could never afford anywhere like this!". Being the planner I am, my curiosity got the best of me. Weeks later I stopped in at the River Room, which is when I met Melissa. She took the time to discuss vendors and prices with us, and answered any questions we had. We quickly discovered that the River Room was affordable, and would come with an amazing planner. Less than a year later, we were engaged, and the next day we signed with the River Room and Melissa! Upon signing with her, she referred me vendors that were approved for the River Room. We chose our D.J., makeup artist, florist, and caterer, all upon her recommendation. I met with Melissa a few times, and we exchanged emails through out the year as we continued to plan our dream reception. I did not get to see the reception venue decorated before our entrance that evening as the new Mr. and Mrs., but looking back, I'm glad I didn't. It was such a surprise for my husband and I, and exceeded our expectations greater than anything we could have imagined. Any bride would be blessed to have Melissa and Knott Too Shabby Events coordinate their wedding. As hard as it may be ladies, give up the control and allow Melissa to do her thing! I can promise you- you won't regret it! My husband and I frequent the River Room, so reflect on our fairytale wedding where we left the reception on a boat. The River Room will forever hold such a special place in our hearts, and we have found a friend for life in Melissa.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My total experience with Melissa and The River Room was great! They were very flexible in what we could do and easy to work with. Melissa offered great tips on setup, vendors and ideas in general that were very useful. I would recommend The River Room to anyone looking for a wonderful, affordable place with a fantastic view!

• Wedding: 06/30/2013
910-251-8902
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards