The Ridges Resort & Marina

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

My daughter's wedding ceremony and reception was at The Ridges on September 20, 2014. The experience was top notch from the planning to the actual day. Kristin and her staff went over and beyond to provide the vision my daughter had for her wedding. The ceremony was outside on the lawn overlooking the lake with the cocktail hour on the patio around the fire pit ( the crab cakes and fried spanakopita were an excellent choice). We were blessed with perfect weather and were able to have the reception and dance floor on the lawn. The staff set up everything as planned and were very accommodating. Many of our guests stayed at the lodge or in the onsite villas which added to the enjoyment of the weekend. We had many compliments about the venue and how friendly the staff was especially the awesome ladies at the front desk.
Kristin texted me the morning of the wedding to ask if there was anything I needed that she could pick up for me on her way to the venue. She was with us every step of the day and night. We could not have asked for a better on site coordinator than Kristin. I highly recommend this venue for a wedding or other group function.

Thanks again Ridges for a memorable time!

Pam

Private User
Recently Married

I will give a 10 if I could! The people there were amazing, they did everything they can except make the weather not rain on my wedding day. But even so, they kept trying their hardest to keep the seat dry. The food was amazing, the resort was beautiful, and the most important is the service, you can't asking for better people! Everyone was so accommodating, the wedding would not have happen without them. Highly recommended!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Ridges was a GREAT site for my reception! Renee Beebe did an awesome job helping us plan. Between my mother and myself... I think we sent her a 1000 emails! She was so great/quick to respond, and the Ridges was so flexible with what exactly we wanted and didn't want. They really took care of so many things, freeing us up to really put time into the details. The food was delicious as well. I highly recommend the Ridges! It was my DREAM WEDDING! :)

Chris
1 Review
03/17/2013

Played great dance music. Very personable !

Services Used: Band
Anonymous
1 Review
1+ year ago

The Ridges is a beautiful venue!!! It was perfect and exactly what we needed. What really pushes this place over the top is Renee. She answered every question we had quickly and with ease. She was a pleasure to work with. All of the staff is very warm and excellent at what they do.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It was absolutely the best place to have a wedding. The outdoor ceremony by the lake was gorgeous and everything was set up exactly like I had dreamed. The reception at the outdoor pavilion was magical. Renee and the whole staff at the resort were more than accommodating to our every need. They have various location for a reception and since we were such a small wedding the location we chose was perfect. The staff helps you with everything. They go above and beyond what you expect. They make sure your relax and enjoy your day. I highly recommend this location for a wedding in the Georgia Mountains.

Kristian
09/02/2012

Absolutely amazing! Renee was wonderful and the venue was perfection. I would not have changed a thing! THANK YOU, RENEE!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Ridges was an absolutely beautiful place to hold a wedding. All the staff at the Ridges were extremely helpful and very pleasant. The food was great and everything went as planned. Renee, the wedding coordinator, was wonderful to work with. My daughter and son-in-law said they loved every minute of their wedding day! I would say it was a huge success!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rebee Bebee was extremely helpful in all areas of Missy and Matt's wedding at the Ridges Resort. The staff was friendly and the food was delicious. Renee made sure all our needs were met and the wedding was beautiful. You could not ask for a more gorgeous setting than having the ceremony right on the lake with the mountains in the background! Missy and Matt said they could not have asked for more.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

As I was walking around at my reception, a bridesmaid came up to me and asked, "How does it feel to be living in a storybook?" I replied, "I feel like a princess." The Ridges was the perfect backdrop for my storybook wedding. Renee, the wedding coordinator, was my own fairy godmother. She was a dream to work with. She and all the staff at the Ridges were sweet, flexible, and accomodating. I went to several venues in North Georgia, and looked at even more online. When I went to the Ridges, my fiance and I knew from the moment we arrived that we had found the perfect place. Upon walking inside, the staff knew our names when we walked in the door. The grounds were beautiful, and intimate. It was big enough to have things to do: boats, firepits, walking around the lake, eat at one of their lakeside restaurants. But all in the same location, so that we didn't have to get back into our car the entire time we were there. If they wanted to, guests could drive to Helen to do some mountain town shopping. I have heard from several guests that this was the most fun wedding they have attended. Because of the staff and the location, those who came could leave their cares behind, and rest and relax from Thursday - Sunday. I highly recommend the Ridges.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The search for our daughter’s perfect December 2011 wedding and reception location ended when we visited The Ridges Resort & Marina on Lake Chatuge, in the mountains of northeast Georgia. AJ and I met with Renee Beebe and her calm, confident and professional attitude, as we discussed the event, calmed us and we knew we had the place! The owner of the Ridges, Mitchell Jones, stopped by and assured us that all would be perfect and it was!

Renee worked on the dozens of details in the following weeks and I’m not sure what I would have done without her knowledge and capable assistance.

We’ve received numerous compliments on the locations we used for the ceremony, the cocktail hour and reception. The cozy, warm, lodge-like area off the lobby, with its beautiful fireplace and hearth was perfect for the ceremony. Already beautifully decorated for the holidays, it was elegant, intimate and a perfect size for nearly 100 guests.

The Red Banks Ridge Room was where the reception was held and their staff helped our cake vendor and band get ready and all raved about the staff attentiveness, the décor and food! We had a great menu to select from and the candles, fireplace, dance floor, area for cake, etc… were just right! The staff helped make the reception fun, kept us on schedule and the bride and groom had such a good time. It was the bride’s party and they were there to make her happy!

A variety of overnight accommodations for family and friends was available and made it easier to enjoy the event.

Our daughter says her wedding and reception was perfect and not one detail would she have changed! I will remember it that way, as well and my thanks to Renee Beebe, Tyler Hopf, Vickie Hohmann and many unnamed others who made it so.

4.3

We got married at The Ridges and we couldn’t be happier with our wedding day! Our wedding was in October and we had an outside ceremony overlooking Lake Chatuge and the reception was at the Red Banks Ballroom at The Ridges. First of all, it was beautiful! It was a clear, fall day and the leaves were beautiful and the lake is gorgeous and makes the venue unique. You can see the lake AND the mountains in some of our photos. We loved the Ballroom as well. It got cold that night so I am glad we chose to use the Ballroom but The Ridges has a beautiful pier and lawn area for outdoor receptions. Secondly, the staff at The Ridges is very helpful especially the wedding coordinator, Kristin. Kristin was approachable, knowledgeable and listened to me when I had concerns or questions. She also offered suggestions to help us stay within our budget, which I really appreciated. She approaches her job with a genuine interest in the couple. Thirdly, having our wedding at The Ridges was logistically simple and it made the whole weekend more relaxed and enjoyable for our wedding party/guests and us. Our villa at The Ridges was the perfect place to get ready with my bridesmaids. I did not drive anywhere on the day of the wedding—which is exactly what I wanted! We had our Rehearsal Dinner, Bridesmaid Luncheon, Wedding/Reception within a 5-mile radius. Also, The Ridges has a great location and our guests had so many choices for fun activities during the wedding weekend—my bridesmaids and I visited the nearby Equani Spa the day before the wedding, some guests hiked Brasstown Bald, others played golf, attended fall festivals or enjoyed the local wineries. At the end of the Reception we had a sparkler send-off and a getaway in a pontoon boat on Lake Chatuge. It was the perfect ending to our special day. We will cherish the fun memories of our wedding day in the mountains forever!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
3.9

This i a really pretty place and we loved having our wedding here. Everything was pretty great with the exception of working with their wedding coordinator who was not very responsive and the fact that they installed a new reservations system the weekend of our wedding which made check ins a nightmare. Aside from that is was GREAT to work with them.

The Ridges Resort & Marina responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your review. We have hired a new wedding coordinator Renee Beebe to help address this very issue. She started in October and will handle all the weddings from here on out. Congratulations again and thanks for your review!