The Party Stylist
The ring made you happily engaged, let us take you to happily married.
3080 Brookneal

• Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0

Private User 1 Reviews
I hired The Party Stylist to be a day of planner for my wedding. All I really needed them to do was to make sure everything was the way I wanted it to be and nothing was missing or vendors late. I had the most difficult time getting in communication with them, maybe because I did not use them for planning my entire wedding they did not take their job with me seriously at all. I do not feel that you should have to track down someone that you are paying after multiple times of giving them a week or more to get back in contact with you and you hear no response. I also have items that they picked up after my wedding that still have not been returned to me. I was informed they could mail them to me but 2 months later still nothing. I wish I would not have wasted the couple hundred dollars that I paid. I could have given that money to a friend or someone to do the same thing with less headaches.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
1.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.5
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.5
From a grooms point of view...After reading the multiple other reviews I feel like we got duped. This wedding coordinator was probably the worst ever. There is an old saying, you get what you pay for, thats exactly what we got...hardly anything. I should have known and we should have walked away from the beginning when she was an hour late to our first meeting, good thing my wife and I were eating dinner at the time or we would have left. She the proceeded to knock $50 off her already low rate. That sold us because we needed to save some money somewhere. We hired the party stylist for day of coordination and to deal with the vendors. She promised us unlimited phone and email contact as well. She was very unresponsive and always having an excuse even after i've left emails and phone messages. She promised to be at the wedding as well, and never made it. Her attire was not professional and her staff or "interns" as she put it was mearly her boyfriend and her family. I had to drop off beer to the reception hall prior to my wedding...her family almost made me late to my own wedding. They would not move out of my way and did not help me with the kegs. During the event she promised a staff of at least 4 on hand...there was only 2. She promised to help people to their seats...i witnessed multiple times where people would be waiting at the door and didn't know where to sit. She tried to force our photographer who was our friend to sit in the basement to eat dinner and told us there was no room for her on the floor when we made up the seating and knew exactly where open seats were. After the reception was probably the worst, it was very difficult to get our linens back from her. Over a month later she finally met up with me to return the linens....none of them had been folded or cleaned as promised. Chunks of food were found wrapped up in them. I would say 90% of them were just thrown in her vehicle, not even in a box or trash bag. I could write more.
The Party Stylist responded with the following comments:
I have to say I am quite confused about this review since the groom in question not only thanked me on the day of their wedding but tipped me as well. The alcohol he mentioned was actually purchased by one of our employees (I have multiple receipts as proof) his guests were show their seats, we also poured champagne for each guest (since their wait staff was understaffed) and their linens were returned to them not only boxed up but we had taken the time to wash each one and iron them. It's a good thing I make a note of taking photos of such details just incase. As for the comment of our staffing choice, we were unfortunately understaffed but made do. No one but myself stayed for the wedding. As for the ceremony, I was there so that is a blatant lie. And for my attire I have a standard wedding uniform or black dress pants and a purple dress shirt. Any of our past brides can attest to that. As for the photographer, the vendor table was located downstairs not in a basement and if I had bee forewarned she was a friend or if she was on the guest list, I would have helped her find her assigned seat. Yes, I was unfortunately late to the first meeting due to a traffic incident on I-275. I am disappointed by the dishonesty of this review and hope it can be changed to one that is more accurate to our performance.
Wedding: 09/27/2013
Services Used: Wedding Planning, Unique Services (Other)
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0

Jen 1 Reviews
The party stylist did a good job at my wedding. They were there whenever I needed them.
Wedding: 06/29/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Everything went perfect! I couldnt have asked for anything better. :)
Wedding: 06/15/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
Samantha and her staff were a joy to work with. I enjoyed all of the consultations and even added three meetings as I kept changing things up to the last minute. Samantha was able to keep up with all the changes and kept track of my tight schedule. I loved and used many of her "little touches" that my guests enjoyed. She and her staff stayed until the very end and took care of everything. My flowers looked fantastic! I received and am still getting compliments on them. I would highly recommend The Party Stylist to anyone planning a wedding. I even attended a baby shower that The Party Stylist planned. It was so much fun. I have recommended The Party Stylist to other future brides and will continue to do so. The Party Stylist is reasonable priced and worth so much more. The care and attention to detail can not be matched.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Samantha, The Party Stylist, is incredible! She had a bit of a mess to deal with at my wedding, as we had to move it inside at the last second. She handled it with composure and efficiency, hauling in decorations and rearranging them in a different space. The outcome was a gorgeous ceremony site, amazing reception, and perfect wedding. She is extremely reliable, great with communication, sweet as can be, and exceptional at what she does. She's also very reasonably-priced. I would highly recommend her and her staff.
Wedding: 05/11/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Samantha was absolutely wonderful. She made me feel so at ease the day of my wedding and the flowers were the prettiest ever.
Wedding: 04/28/2013

Samantha,

I can not tell you how incredibly grateful we are for the outstanding service you provided for us. You and your staff made our dream wedding a reality and we could not have done it without you. Everything was absolutely wonderful. The flowers looked amazing, we were blown away at how beautifully everything turned out. Thank you for everything you and your team did. We will be recommending you!

Holli 1 Reviews
Samantha was amazing!! She made sure everything ran smoothly and relieved so much stress!! She was there for the rehearsal, set up of the ceremony, and completely took care of setting up our reception hall!! Everything was gorgeous and our wedding day was exactly what we had hoped for!
Wedding: 10/20/2012

Anonymous 3 Reviews
Samantha was amazing! I truly mean it when I say that I could not have pulled the wedding off so flawlessly without her. She made the wedding flow effortlessly. Samantha kept the pace and the momentum of the wedding going and more importantly, she took care of all the details before the ceremony and setting up for the reception, and executed them exactly how I wanted so I didn't have to worry about a thing. Samantha even took care of boxing up all of the items we could not take with us from the reception and returned it to us the next day. I would recommend her to any bride who wants to have an amazing wedding!
1.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
After rereading some the reviews on this site, I feel like we must have hired a completely different company. The Party Stylist was supposed to provide day of coordination for our wedding... unfortunately this did not happen. While Samantha and her family were present throughout the event and helped with the set up of the reception the value they brought to the day wasn’t evident. To say we were disappointed is an understatement.
The Party Stylist responded with the following comments:
I am incredibly sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our services since we strive to give every wedding 100% of our time and attention. If there is anything I can do to remedy the situation please let me know.
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Party Stylist did a wonderful job for my husband and I on our wedding day. We had some issues with our florist and Samantha and her team stepped up to the plate...ensuring that everything carried on as planned. Samantha's week of attentiveness to my needs were AWESOME! She made me feel completely at ease the week of my wedding.
I highly recommend The Party Stylist!!!
~Jennifer
Wedding: 09/01/2012

Private User 1 Reviews
The Party Stylist was great to work with. I purchased the martini package and flowers. As someone who doesn't care too much about flowers I was surprised by how much I loved my bouquet. It was so beautiful. The Party Stylist also did a fantastic job coordinating my wedding. I never felt like I had to worry about anything and was really able to enjoy the night with my husband.
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5

Anonymous 1 Reviews
The Party Stylists were very helpful.

Private User 5 Reviews
We hired Samantha as a day-of planner about a month before our wedding. We selected the Martini Package which includes rehearsal and day-of coverage. Samantha went over and above our expectations. She created our day-of timeline, she contacted all of our vendors and coordinated drop-offs, deliveries, etc. Samantha attended the final meeting with the reception venue; this was in addition to already having an in-person meeting and several phone meetings. Then, during the rehearsal, which she attended and helped coordinate (not an easy task as we had nine attendants on each side, plus readers, people to bring down gifts, a vocalist) she picked up all of our “vignette” pieces so she could personally deliver them to the reception venue the next day. On the wedding day she arrived at my parents house to pick up the men’s boutineers and take them to the church as the bouquets and boutineers all had to be delivered to the same place. She made our day run smoothly and at the end of the night she packed everything up and personally drove our things (bird cage with all our envelopes, guest book, and everything else we brought in) back to my parent’s house and put it in the garage. We trusted her that much that we gave her sole possession of the cards and the password to the garage! Samantha was calm and collected and extremely easy to work with. Our day was flawless – I didn’t stress at all during the week leading up to the day or the actual day itself as I knew Samantha would make sure things went off perfectly. She even helped me safety pin up my bussle several times. I highly recommend Samantha and The Party Stylist Team to all brides – she is well worth it!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
There aren't enough words to say how awesome The Party Stylist is. From the minute we signed the contract with them to the day of the wedding I was completely at ease. Sam and her assistants took care of EVERYTHING! We purchased the Bellini package but always felt like we had purchased the Champagne (their highest package available). The consultations with them were always so much fun. I could walk into a meeting with Sam feeling so stressed out and leave smiling and calm. After the reception my photobooth attendant came up and told me that I'd chosen a great wedding coordinator and that she was going to recommend her to her clients. Sam and her team are just awesome. I really feel she was more than a planner she was a friend as well.
Wedding: 10/08/2011
 248-202-8816
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire