The Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Elise 4 Reviews
I couldn't have asked for a better venue! Everything turned out so beautiful and went extremely smoothly. I credit that to our amazing wedding coordinator Elise T.! She always kept us in the loop of what was coming next and that really removed the stress. The food was fantastic and all of our guests raved about how good everything was. The Old Daley Inn is the perfect place to have a wedding.
Wedding: 08/08/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My wife and I got married at the Crooked Lake House on June 15th 2014. Planning our wedding from California, was not easy, that is, until we began working with Elise Testo and her colleagues at the Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake. The team there is enthusiastic, professional, patient, and creative in all that they do. Elise met with us 6 months before the wedding while we were in town for the holidays to go over our contract which we amended several times to reflect changes in food preferences, drink options, and time of opening the space. Everything and anything was possible with this team and for that we are very grateful. The Crooked Lake House truly is an amazing place to have any event, especially a wedding. There is so much history to the beautiful building, plenty of space to have an outdoor or indoor ceremony, spread out with hundreds of guests, and truly enjoy the beautiful architecture and scenery. We would not change a thing about our day and the way everything happened. Thank you Elise and Jan for your time and flexibility, as well as your professional catering staff (the food was amazing, people have not stopped talking about it).
Wedding: 06/15/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Thank you to everyone at the Crooked Lake House for making our wedding day special. Kyla was wonderfully helpful during the planning process. All of my e-mails and questions were responded to very promptly. The venue itself is amazing. It just so happened that this was the last venue (out of 23) that we looked at. After touring the Crooked Lake House, and imagining myself walking down the stone staircase with my dad to meet my future husband at the lake, I became choked up and immediately knew that this was where I wanted to be married. You do such a nice job making it feel that the Crooked Lake House is truly the bride and groom’s for the day. The service was impeccable and the food was amazing. Your team and the Crooked Lake House will always have a very special place in our hearts. Thank you!
Wedding: 06/14/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Amazing venue!! The food was delicious, the staff is always so nice and willing to help. No matter what style wedding you have the Venue is perfect for all!
Wedding: 06/13/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I could not be happier with our chosen venue! Old Daley Inn did an incredible job with everything on our wedding day from the displays to the food/bar, it was perfect. The staff was also exceptional, including our wedding planner Elise Testo, who has an incredible talent and creative eye. I would highly recommend Old Daley Inn on Crooked lake to anyone looking for rustic elegance!
Wedding: 06/06/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Where to begin…Janice was our first introduction to The Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake, she is great! She gave us an impressive tour of the building/grounds and explained the various packages to us. We immediately connected with her – she was able to answer every question and make us feel so confident in our decision to book our wedding at the Crooked Lake! Next, we met our planner, Kyla. Her patience is endless! She was very responsive and provided great input during each stage of the planning process. She worked closely with our other vendors - organizing delivery, setup and pickup times (and arranged tours for our amazing florist to see the venue beforehand). She was extremely flexible…and so sweet! We couldn’t have done it without her. We met Marty during our tasting (which was such a fun time) and again when we arrived to the reception after our wedding ceremony. He greeted us with a smile and was so welcoming to us, our parents and wedding party! He tended to our every need – drinks, food, whatever we needed! He even set up the guys so they could smoke cigars and drink champagne on the patio near the lake. He made us feel like royalty! The wait staff and bartenders were wonderful! We really couldn’t have asked for anything more! We would absolutely recommend The Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake!
Wedding: 04/25/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Thank you to Janice and the staff at The Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake! What a truly beautiful place. Everyone was so helpful, and went above and beyond to make sure that we were happy with everything on our wedding day. The place alone is stunning, it just has such character. We are incredibly lucky to have had the opportunity to have our ceremony and reception at this venue. WORTH EVERY PENNY! Throughout the planning process, Janice was available to help with everything that we needed assistance with and then some. Planning a wedding can be stressful, but Janice was with us every step of the way and was always available to answer questions. The food was awesome! Everyone loved the appetizers and our actual meal. There are SO many choices! And they were flexible with us, being really great with our pricing and choices. Thanks so much for such a wonderful experience! We would definitely recommend this venue to others! Thank you so much!
Wedding: 11/02/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The second we were walking around on our tour of the Crooked Lake House 1 week after our engagement we both knew we had to be married there! It's so beautiful outside and in and of course the high reputation of the food that Old Daley Inn provides is well known. We signed right then and there for our wedding October 20th, 2013.

Working with our wedding coordinator, Elise Testo, was such a pleasure. She provided me with every tool I needed to plan my day and I never felt like I was all alone in the planning process. Every email I sent her was answered nearly immediately and she was always helpful and professional.

On the day of the event, Elise and Marty Kearny and staff did an amazing job of trying to keep the little mishaps from me. My hair and makeup people left while I was doing our "first look" with the photographers, and unbeknownst to me, had not done my flower girl's hair. It wasn't until after the wedding I found out Elise herself had taken on the task of curling Becca's hair. Also, when my officiant didn't show they both sprung to action, Elise called the officiant (successfully) while Marty was already making calls to see how quickly they could get a back up there in case they weren't able to reach my officiant. Again, I knew nothing of this until after I was home from the wedding. Marty made sure I had a drink in my hand the entire time and Elise made sure everything ran smoothly for our day. I truly cannot tell you how hard these folks worked and most of which I probably still don't even know about!

Our day was perfect, the venue is perfect, the staff is perfect. I truly felt like Cinderella at the ball!
Wedding: 10/20/2013
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

Jess 8 Reviews
The Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake was the absolute wedding venue of my dreams. Not only because the property is absolutely gorgeous and amazing both inside and outside, but also because the staff was incredibly easy to work with, accommodating, and pleasant. I had the pleasure to work with coordinators Kyla and Janice at different points throughout my planning process, and both were amazing and quick to respond to my many questions through emails and phone calls. My husband and I were married just over two weeks ago, on June 21, 2013, and our guests are still raving about how wonderful the food, service, and venue were. The property is also absolutely gorgeous, with many different spots for great wedding photos. It is as if it was out of a dream, and there are no hidden catches - it really is that wonderful. I don't have a single complaint about anything. From the moment I walked in to inquire about the place, to the moment I left after the wedding, I felt like the venue and staff completely exceeded the expectation of making my husband and I feel like the Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake was our special place. We could not possibly have had a better experience. I don't usually write reviews for anything, but I had to share with other brides and grooms that if you are considering the Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake as your wedding venue, you will not be disappointed. If I could give the place more than 5 stars I would, outstanding and exceptional!!
Wedding: 06/21/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband Ryan and I just got married on 6/8/13 at the Crooked Lake House in Averill Park. We had our ceremony and our reception there. After the wedding we have heard nothing but amazing comments from our guests about how much of a wonderful time they had. We cannot say enough about the wonderful food and staff that are at the Crooked Lake House. They didn't make you feel like just another bride and groom, but they made you feel like you were apart of their family. Very involved in any questions and or concerns you may have had. If I had to go back and change anything about my wedding I wouldn't need to. Everything was perfect.
Wedding: 06/08/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I only looked at one venue. As soon as we arrived at Crooked Lake and met Janice, we were sold. We had originally planned our wedding at the Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake for October 27, 2013 but, after learning we were expecting in October, we decided to move the wedding up. Janice and her staff replied to us immediately and helped us put together our dream wedding in 45 days! Janice understood our budget and was sure that we were able to stick to it without feeling like we were missing out on anything. With a wedding and baby on the way, I thought I would be stressed; however, Janice and her staff were so attentive and detailed that I never once worried about how our day would turn out. Everything was perfect - the food, staff, set up. The Old Daley Inn staff made us feel like we were the only bride and groom they were working with. It is a terrific feeling to know that you are in great hands. We cannot thank them enough for helping us have our dream wedding!
Wedding: 04/13/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Go and visit the facilities at the Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake. The beauty of the venue speaks for itself. We were looking for something different in a wedding venue than the typical ballroom style. Upon our first visit, we knew this was the perfect place for us. The venue has multiple rooms, each with a unique style and purpose. The Oak room is a tavern style lounge that was perfect for cocktail hour. The great room features exposed beams and a large fireplace. We were married in front of the fireplace, surrounded by candles, which was perfect for our winter wedding. The ballroom is open and picturesque, overlooking the lake outside. There is a wonderful bridal suite upstairs. Photo opportunities are abundant throughout.

Janice, her husband, and the rest of the Old Daley Inn staff were a pleasure to work with for our wedding. Their service was impeccable. There was always a staff member around and eager to help whenever a need arose. Old Daley Inn is known for their food and they definitely did not disappoint. They were happy to create a menu that included the special touches we wanted. Janice made sure that all of the details were addressed before our wedding so we had nothing to worry about. Our wedding was a huge success and all we had hoped for. We highly recommend the Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake for your wedding!
Wedding: 02/01/2013

Ryan and... 5 Reviews
When planning your perfect wedding, there is no bigger decision to make then your venue. You need so many things for both your ceremony and your reception; elegance, warmth, excitement, class, fun, ambiance, indoor/outdoor flexibility, accommodations, comfort, among many others. Seldom do you ever find all of these things, and never do you find them all in one place...until now. The Old Daley Inn is nestled perfectly on Crooked Lake, and is equipped with multiple spaces for everything your wedding needs. And we used them all! We had the wedding parties resting and relaxing with sandwhiches and cocktails in the bridal party suites during our guests arrivals. We then had our ceremony in the aptly named Great Room in front of 200 of our friends and family. We said our vows in front of a beautiful stone fire place that was covered and filled with countless candles and flowers. We then took our pictures lake side as the sun set making for the perfect wedding shots. Then we had cocktail hour in their Oak Room that is loaded with charm, complete with a large old leather bar, black and white tiled floor, and roaring fireplace. Then we finished out our perfect night in their breathtaking reception hall. The food was absolutely perfect, as we had nothing but the highest praise from our guests who fed on sirloin teriyaki, bone in rosemary chicken, and eggplant parmigiana that will make your grandma jealous. The pricing was incredibly reasonable, as Janice and her husband Marty are very flexible to what you need. Only one thing was able to outshine this incredible venue, and that was the staff! They were ontop of everything from the initial consutation, to the tastings, to the contracts, to the questions, to the changes, to the big day. Their staff was never in the way, but always there when you needed them. We cannot thank Janice,Marty, Sara and their entire staff enough for making our wedding perfect! They know exactly what they are doing up there, and believe me it shows.
Wedding: 11/17/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake was amazing! We truly had our dream wedding, it fit our personalities perfectly and made our 200+ guest wedding feel like an intimate party with close friends. The staff was professional and accommodating from beginning to end. Janice Keary was our coordinator and she went out of her way to make our day perfect. She was a pleasure to work with, responded quickly to messages and listened to our suggestions. They were willing to create a package and work with the price to ensure that we had exactly what we wanted within the price frame we were working with. The staff took care of every small detail, which for a self admitted control freak, was a little hard to handle at first, but as I saw how perfectly they paid attention to what I wanted, I had confidence in letting go of the control and allowing the staff to make the night perfect. We have heard from several of our friends and family members that ours was their favorite wedding they have ever been to and how perfect the night was.
Wedding: 11/03/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had the Old Daley Inn cater our wedding in Lake George, NY. Kathy was our contact person and she was VERY responsive and flexible, we never had any issues getting a timely response from her and she very patiently worked with us so that we were 100% pleased with our food choices for the cocktail hour and the reception dinner.

On the day of our wedding, we had a hurrican like storm hit just as the ceremiony was about to begin. Th entire agenda, layout, and timing of the wedding had to be completely adjusted and Kathy and her staff were extremely accommodating with this. They were willing to set up wherever we asked them to with only moments notice and were able to transition immediately without any questions asked. We could not have been more grateful for them on our wedding day with the unpredictable weather! Thanks to their great team, we are STILL getting compliments on the wonderful food and excellent service that they provided for us.

In addition, Kathy's team took it upon themselves to constantly clean up cups, plates, napkins, etc that were put down on tables or other areas around the cocktail area and reception, so that the space always looked immaculate.

All of the food was fresh, hot, unique, and delicious and we were getting compliments on it all throughout the wedding.

We very highly recommend them to cater any event and could not have been more grateful for thier service to us on our special day!
Wedding: 09/08/2012
Services Used: Catering
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The team at Old Daley Inn at Crooked Lake is amazing. Janice is superb! She was always willing to answer my questions and made me feel really comfortable with the whole process. The venue itself could not be better. It is secluded (only you and your party will be there), the food is amazing and their is a free shuttle from the comfort inn at castleton on hudson to crooked lake for your guest (if you fill enough rooms).

I was so happy with everything. I dropped off all of my table name cards, escort cards, and decorations 2 days before so I didn't have to worry about it on the day of and everything was as I imagined.

The wedding packages also come with a great cake baker which makes things a lot easier as well.

Thank you to the team at Crooked Lake- especially Janice- we loved having our reception with you!
Wedding: 08/18/2012
 518-235-2656
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire