The Magnolia Hotel

Professionalism
Value
4.7
Flexibility

The Magnolia Hotel Houston provided a beautiful venue for our son's rehearsal dinner. The food was amazing! The decorations were perfect. Lauren accommodated all our needs and wants. Kiana worked with us on our wedding room block. Everything was perfect!!!

Services Used: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Recently Married

From the moment I toured the Magnolia Hotel and met with Lauren I knew I had to have my wedding there! The venue is gorgeous and the staff is professional. Lauren went above and beyond from start to finish for me. I could go on and on about the amazing experience I had. Thanks to the beautiful Magnolia Hotel, Lauren and all the staff I was able to make my dream wedding a reality! If you are looking for the perfect spot I highly recommend the Magnolia Hotel.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Magnolia Hotel was amazing. Lauren, the venue coordinator, was helpful, responsive, and reliable. I really felt as though she eliminated a lot of the wedding planning stress for me.

I highly recommend this venue!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
1 person found this review helpful
Recently Married

I had my reception at the Magnolia in the 2nd floor lounge and it was beautiful. From the very beginning, Lauren was extremely helpful. She not only made sure we got the wedding date we needed, but helped us in every step of the process from booking rooms to choosing food to making sure we were contacting the right people. She even helped with vendor suggestions. I was worried about parking for the weekend of, but the valet and the front desk were very willing to work with us. There was even another event happening the same night as the wedding, but I felt like they were focused on me completely.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We held our reception at the Magnolia this weekend and I cannot thank them enough for everything! We worked with Lauren and she is amazing. She is so organized, detail oriented and incredibly easy to work with. On the day of the wedding, everything was perfect. We loved the layout, the service and all of the food was delicious! Everyone at the Magnolia did a fantastic job, we cannot wait to celebrate there again soon. Thank you!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Lauren Miller, Social Catering Sales Manager, was very easy to work with, and made wedding planning as stress-free as can possibly be from her end. Her staff, Miguel and Gloriela, did a fantastic job during the reception. The space was the perfect size for our guest count of 148, which is not a small number, but still felt intimate. The food was good, especially the root beer braised short ribs.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Magnolia Hotel was everything I wanted and more for my wedding. The venue was gorgeous and the food was AMAZING!! My guests all raved about it. Lauren was awesome dealing with and talking to. She was very patient with me and thousand questions. The Magnolia Hotel was very accommodating with our changes and concerns. We were also very fortunate to stay overnight in one of the hotels suites. The room was gorgeous and was very spacious with enough room for me and family to get ready in. I will recommend this hotel to everyone that I know who is getting married.

Mr. & Mrs. Gonzales

Recently Married

We stayed here during the build up to our Wedding and also on the Wedding night. Many of my family were over from Europe and stayed the week at this hotel. It was great value and the service and ammenities were all excellent. Really nice breakfast and helpful and friendly staff. We ended up getting our room upgraded which was really nice and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again!

Services Used: Invitations, Travel
Recently Married

Such an easy vendor to work with and a great impression made on our out of town guests. The views are phenomenal, especially from the pool. And it has a distinguished feel different than many of the other major hotels located in downtown. Would definitely recommend this as hotel accommodations for any wedding.

Services Used: Travel
1+ year ago

We used a room block at the Manolia for my daughters wedding..Everything was wonderful. We loved the breakfast and cookies!! The rooms were beautiful and the bridesmaids stayed in a suite. I highly recommend the Magnolia if your wedding is in Houston!!

Services Used: Catering, Travel

The Magnolia Hotel in Houston offered excellent hotel service to our wedding guests and to us. We contacted them about blocking rooms for our wedding party and had wonderful service from the very beginning. The price was exceptional as was the quality of the rooms and hotel itself.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

Lauren Miller and her team at the Magnolia were the absolute best. My wife and I could not have worked a more professional, courteous, and accommodating group of professionals. We had our ceremony and reception at the Magnolia and it was top-notice. Not to mention it is a beautiful venue. I highly recommend working with Lauren, she is the best.

jill
04/05/2014

I had my wedding ceremony and rehearsal dinner at The Magnolia Hotel. It was perfect! Lauren Miller was fantastic to deal with. I was able to plan pretty much everything via email which saved me the stress of having to miss work. Lauren made everything easy and I was impressed with her professionalism and flexibility. Although she's not technically a wedding coordinator, she made everything go smoothly and addressed all of my concerns so I would not have to worry about a thing. The food at the rehearsal dinner was fantastic and my guests that stayed at the hotel are still talking about how nice it was. The rooms were great, the complimentary happy hour, milk and cookies, and breakfast were all exceptional. Thank you so much for making my day so easy and enjoyable!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We stayed at the Magnolia Hotel for our weekend of wedding festivities. We chose this as our hotel for out-of-town guests, for bridal party accommodations to get ready the day-of and for having the Bridal Luncheon the day before.

The staff at the Magnolia was amazing, from booking the event, blocking rooms, dealing with reservations and the weekend of the stay. They gave us our own webpage to track RSVP's for rooms, which was such a help in preparing. They handed out gifts to our guests as they checked in and during our stay, one guy even went and found me a box full of safety pins as we were leaving for the church.

The only thing that happened was it took 45 minutes to get valet to bring the car down for the bride to get to the church...but it was super busy that afternoon. We called ahead from our room, but it still took a very long time. Valet was not a problem any other time or for any other guests during our stay!

Thank you Magnolia Hotel! The Martin-Newtons

Services Used: Travel, Unique Services (Other)
02/15/2014

My husband and I hosted our Wedding Reception this past Saturday (2/15/14) at The Magnolia Hotel. Let me start by saying everything that evening was amazing! The Magnolia Hotel, itself, is a uniquely beautiful and classy venue- but then decked out in our own personal wedding reception theme and decor it was even more amazing! From our initial meeting with Kristina Bontrager and Lauren Miller at the Magnolia- up to the day or our wedding reception--everything was just seamless. I'll be the first to admit that my husband and I did have some out-of-the-box requests, but Lauren, Kristina and team were always gracious to accommodate us and we were never told that what we wanted couldn't be done. Everything and everyone at the Magnolia was just perfect and exceeded our expectations! We have received so many compliments from our guests about how beautiful the Magnolia Hotel was and how we picked the perfect venue to have our reception. My husband and I couldn't agree more!
The staff was wonderful; everything executed beautifully- the food, the service, the professionalism...it truly was OUR day and everyone at the Manolia made sure that we hadn't a worry in the world that evening. After the reception, we also stayed the night in one of the beautiful King Suite rooms where we walked into a beautiful room with rose petals layed out in a giant heart on the bed, chocolate covered strawberries and bottle of Champagne!
The Magnolia rises above the rest and holds a very special place in our hearts! Definitely know that we will be back and find a reason to celebrate something there...would be even better if we get invited to someone else's wedding there..just sayin' ;)
Nothing but praise! Thank you-thank you Kristina, Lauren and the rest of the wonderful staff at the Magnolia Hotel:)

1 Review
1+ year ago

We used the Magnolia Hotel for my son's rehearsal dinner and I must say that we were completely satisfied with our venue, service, and catering. Lauren Miller provided us with all of the details from room location based upon the number of guests to food selection. The room setup was exactly like we discussed and the room was transformed into a very special intimate dinner for our guest. The food was amazing and our guests are still talking about the buffet selection. Thank you all for making this day memorable for my son, his wife and all of our guest.

Services Used: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location