The Madison Concourse Hotel & Governor's Club

Value
4.3
Flexibility
4.7

My husband and I could not have asked for a better wedding! The Concourse was beyond what we imagined and the professionalism and care they showed was incredible. We worked with Jackie for a short time before she went on maternity leave and she was wonderful. We were informed well in advance of her leave and assigned to Mary to work with us for the remainder. We were sad to not be working with Jackie but quickly realized that Mary was amazing as well! We are so happy that we chose The Concourse for not just our reception, but our ceremony and rehearsal dinner as well. Everything was beyond expectation and there was never a moment of worry with anything. Any questions we had were answered quickly either by phone or email and any request we had was happily done. The hotel itself was also very accommodating and our guests were very pleased. The food for both the rehearsal and reception was delicious and we received so many compliments from our friends and family all night. Mary was also there to work with us the entire weekend of our wedding and somehow seemed to be in five places at once all night. She made my husband and I feel so comfortable and relaxed and I think that's what every couple wants! Simply wonderful!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
2+ years ago

Outstanding service. Not a single complaint. The coordinator assigned to us (Shana) was wonderful....always organized, willing to help, very professional. The reception was top notch.

Emily
01/12/2013

We had our recent wedding reception at the Concourse Hotel, and our experience was wonderful! They assign you a wedding coordinator, who works with you to plan your event - we worked with Sarah who was fantastic! She responded to all my emails (there were a lot) often within an hour or two, and never more than a day later. She helped me plan a few things, and came up with some ideas that I hadn't even thought of. They day of I almost felt like I had an extra attendant when she was around - she paid attention to so many details, and took care of so many little items, that it never even occurred to me to worry about whether or not they were being done.

The hotel also took care of practically everything - they set up all our pre-assembled decorations, set-up, helped move the gifts... you definitely get the services you pay for at the Concourse. The reception room looked even better than I had hoped it would. We had a hot chocolate bar (winter wedding), which they completely decorated and looked great. They worked really well with our vendors and helped make sure everything was taken care of that day. Our food was REALLY good, and we have now had multiple people comment afterwards to us how much they liked the food.

Overall, our experience was wonderful, and my husband and I are SO happy we chose to go with the Concourse HOtel for our wedding reception. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a classy, elegant, and service-oriented reception locale.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Wedding Planning

The Madison Concourse Hotel was amazing for our wedding. They were professional, responsive and provided great service! Our reception was beautiful, elegant and everything we hoped for. My husband and I highly recommend the Concourse Hotel for your event.

Rachel
07/07/2012

The Concourse Hotel was amazing. They were fair and up-front about their services and pricing. They included many services in their base prices that other vendors charge extra for. Everyone there was extremely helpful, both before, and during the event. Our coordinator, Jenni Thompson, was especially wonderful. She helped us with everything we needed. She met with us several times to answer all our questions and go over exactly how we wanted the event run. She and the rest of the staff at the Concourse pulled off our event flawlessly and exactly how we wanted. More than that, after our meetings, I had every confidence in Jenni and the rest of the Concourse that everything would work out and it really had a big impact on how much I was able to enjoy my wedding day, knowing that I didn't have to worry at all about anything at the receptio. I will recommend them to all engaged couples in and around the Madison area. Thanks so much!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was so well organized and ran SO smoothly! I didn't have to worry about a thing, and htey were very flexible during the reception! They had a lot of times to meet and set things up before hand, and the woman I worked with had a lot of great ideas and suggestions that made the whole thing really easy! Would do it over again! They gave me the perfect wedding reception!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We honestly had a great experience with the Concourse. We planned our wedding rather quickly so ended up going with a Friday night. We chose the Concourse because they offered a 10 percent discount for Friday night weddings. They bent over backwards to make our wedding wonderful, our wedding coordinator Jodie was fabulous. As the bride, I never had to worry about a thing! Her and my wedding coordinator Bill (The Wedding Guy) made sure that everything went perfectly. From being greeted at the reception in our own private room with champagne so I could bustle my dress, to waiters all serving the wedding party at once (very theatrical!) the whole reception was perfect. And we are still getting compliments on the food. When we went in to do our tasting, the chef actually ended up customizing a salad for us to go along with our three entree choices. We also had an appetizer buffet during cocktail hour that people just raved about. Plus the proximity to the Capital and downtown church where we were married couldn't be beat. Overall, awesome site.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Food was absolutely amazing, best steak I have ever had. Beautiful stairwell in the hotel for pictures. Governors suite was gorgeous.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was held in May of 2015 and it was amazing. Overall, I can't imagine we could have found a more perfect location and group to have our reception. Nothing ever goes perfectly when planning such a large event but in all honesty, this was as close to perfect as you could get.

Our food was delicious- even my most picky eater cleaned her plate! The event staff decorated the space just as we envisioned it and the bartenders were fantastic and friendly. We received so many compliments on how beautiful everything was!

I think one of the best parts for me was that once I provided Sarah with the information for the cake, DJ, etc., I didn't have to think about any of those things again. She was also really helpful with our final counts, explaining how the evening would go, and even caught that our room reservation for the night was wrong and fixed it for us- without us even knowing!

Weddings are expensive but this was the most reasonable space we looked at in Madison, and I truly feel it was a great value! Yes, some things are pricey- but that's the nature of the event. We never once felt that we were being overcharged for anything, so that made it a lot easier to handle.

When we arrived to the reception, Sarah let my husband and I see the reception space before anyone else was in it- it was something we both really appreciated. It was kind of magical to see our ideas become real in that space and have a few moments to enjoy it before everyone filled it.

Overall it was a great night and everyone at the Concourse really made it amazing!

The Madison Concourse Hotel & Governor's Club responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your kind words! We take a lot of pride in knowing that we can help create your dream wedding and relieve any stress that may come along with it.

Recently Married

We had our daughter's wedding here in May. The staff were very helpful and the service and food were all we had expected. We attended a tasting in January and picked our food selections and the quality was the same on day of the wedding. The set up was beautiful and our guests had a wonderful time.
Working with the staff was very easy and they were well prepared and helpful to us.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience! We know how stressful planning a wedding can be and we are pleased that we were able to contribute to your daughter's special day!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Madison Concourse Hotel & Governor's Club was the perfect venue for our reception. Shana, our first coordinator, and Sarah, our second coordinator, were helpful, responsive, and made the day go so smoothly. We had a Wisconsin-themed wedding, which might have confused or daunted some coordinators; Shana and Sarah made it happen, including a huge tub of ice for our Hook's Cheese favors. The room looked beautiful, and we even had a private conference room (with a private bathroom) for the wedding party to stash their stuff and for me to wrangle my dress for bathroom things. It was perfect. The only issue we had was with our gifts; they were supposed to have been brought up to our guest room at the end of the night, but we ended up having to do it ourselves.
The shuttle was great, too. We used it to get from the Concourse to the University Club, where we had our ceremony, and back to the reception. It meant that the bridal party and out of town guests didn't have to figure out cars or cabs, and could enjoy their champagne toast.

I would recommend the Concourse to any bride who wants an elegant downtown Madison wedding. Our guests really appreciated being able to just run upstairs at the end of the night, and we loved having breakfast in the Dayton St. Grille on Sunday morning.

Samantha
10/13/2012

Great wedding consultants, excellent food, and beautiful rooms. Our consultant was amazing having her there to make sure the reception was set up was priceless and allowed me to worry about one less thing on my wedding day.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

The Concourse hotel was so great to work with for our wedding! They were prompt, professional and easy to work with! I could enjoy our wedding day without any worries about the venue set up or food. I would highly recommend The Concourse!

07/04/2015

I booked a block of rooms for my guests at the Madison Concourse Hotel. When looking for a hotel to use, I ran into a lot of bad experiences (with other vendors), but working with the Concourse was wonderful! The staff was helpful, accommodating, polite, and prompt. I emailed a lot with Emily, she was great. They don't normally give guests in blocks rooms near each other, but I had a couple requests that she made happen. We didn't end up staying there as we lived within walking distance of the hotel and preferred to sleep at home, but our wedding party and guests were pleased with their stays. I am extremely satisfied with the quality of service received. If you're working with a hotel, the Concourse is a solid choice.

Services Used: Travel
Caitlin
07/26/2014

The Concourse hotel was great! Everyone was so helpful and they really made planning the reception so easy! Thanks!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our recent wedding reception at the Concourse, which we chose because our ceremony was held at the Capitol and we wanted an easy walk. There were a few bumps along the way but Shana our coordinator did everything she could to ensure that everything went off without a hitch (mostly our fault, only 3/4 of the people we expected attended the wedding and we had worried about meeting food minimums, probably not a normal situation). On the big day everything was perfect! I heard nothing but compliments on the food (we offered the flat iron steak and walleye, the steak was a bit overdone for my taste but that’s to be expected with banquet food and it was still tasty, the fish was delicious), the bartender was very on top of things (in hindsight we probably should have hired an additional bartender, but there were no complaints!) and the room was beautiful. My husband and I were also given a beautiful suite with lake views and a whirlpool tub, which was great at the end of a long day. Would definitely recommend!