The Imperia

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
My wedding was held Friday November 7th 2014 in the Majestica ballroom at The Imperia. I have to say that every experience I had with the staff from start to finish has been a great one! After studying local venues on this site, we decided to check out The Imperia first. We met with Arlene in October 2013 and were immediately impressed with the grounds and the amenities that they had to offer us.
The quality of the food was outstanding considering the price we paid. I don't think I've ever experienced "wedding food" as tasty as the Imperia's. During the tasting our parents were floored with the quality and quantity of the food. It was definitely hard to pick out our menu to say the least! The day of, as to be expected, our guests complimented us on both the cocktail hour food and the reception food stating they were equally delicious!
The grounds at The Imperia are simply breathtaking. From the beautiful gazebo in the front to the amazingly stunning patio in the back and the gorgeous staircase in between, my husband and I are confident that we will have the most gorgeous wedding photos!! Perhaps the most beautiful (and our favorite) part of The Imperia was our Viennese gala which was held outside on the patio. They had magnificent blue uplighting with fire pits and heaters and an amazing assortment of sweet treats! As soon as they lifted the curtains inside the Majestica, my guests were stunned in amazement.
The staff at The Imperia treated us like royalty. Arlene is very dedicated to her brides and grooms. She was always prompt to return our phone calls or emails and always did so in a professional but personable manner. She graciously moved our cocktail hour into another ballroom as the weather was too cold and windy at the time to have it outside, as opposed to having it in the pre-event area (hallway leading into the Majestica) as previously planned. I
Wedding: 11/07/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our ceremony and reception were amazing and I have the Imperia to thank. Arlene was so incredibly responsive. She even saved me when I was having a miscommunication with another staff member during our rehearsal. The reception decor turned out exactly how I wanted without having to provide much direction at all. Maureen, our maitre d' was so attentive and kept me at ease throughout my whole wedding day.
I got nothing but positive feedback about the food. The Viennese spread was out of this world! The entire building is gorgeous and you can take photographs pretty much anyway and the would be beautiful.
Literally the one and only thing that was not 100% perfect was that they placed a small table in the middle of our ceremony (which some people need for candle/sand ceremonies) but we did not need. So our ceremony appeared to have a random table in the middle of it. This was not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of everything and isn't even worth me lowering the ratings.
My husband and I absolutely loved our ceremony and reception and would highly recommend Imperia to anyone.
Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Beautiful venue! I used the majestica room for my wedding and it was perfect for the 150 people I invited. They have the best all inclusive packages which included open bar and cake! Thank you Imperia for making my wedding a success!
Wedding: 08/24/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5

Private User 5 Reviews
We had our wedding reception at the Imperia. Until the day of we worked with Arlene and she was great to help us out and answer my endless questions, and came by to say congrats that night! We had an amazing time and everyone else had a great time as well. We received endless compliments about the food and the patio area. It was a rainy first half of the day and to our disappointment, cocktail hour was not on the patio as planned. The cocktail hour still seemed to have enough room inside and everyone enjoyed the food and drinks. My groom and I were, however, a bit put off by having to walk through the entire cocktail hour to get to the bridal suite. Brenda made sure that we would have our viennese hour our on the patio to make up for the cocktail hour, which we did and it went over very well. I think because there needed to be room inside for cocktail hour, some items were put in less desirable places, such as our guest book, it was off by itself and we didn't get as many signatures as we expected. The waitress that attended to the bridal suite wasn't as friendly as we would have liked, it was made to seem like she was doing us a favor when we asked for anything. Also, the other bartenders for the night weren't necessarily rude but they were unexpectedly unfriendly. However, the rest was all great, Brenda made sure to grab my groom and I so that we could sit and eat which was great and seemed genuinely happy to be there for us. All and all definitely recommend to others.
Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The imperia was an amazing venue! The staff exp. Arlene, are so helpful with everything. I would recommend this venue again.
Wedding: 08/15/2014
Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Ceremony & Reception Venue
 Ceremony & Reception Venue
We (Mr. & Mrs. Fahmy) just had our wedding at the Imperia last month (July, 27); this note is the least we could do to thank Arlene for doing such a wonderful job with our wedding. Words are not enough to describe how much we appreciate Arlene's help in making our day so special. We could not have asked for better service than what was provided at Imperia. Arlene made us feel as if our day was the most important day of her life; we truly appreciate her patience, grace, good judgment and incredible planning/ there was absolutely nothing left for us to worry about.
Writing this review is the simplest way to thank Imperia's staff for making our dream day perfect and memorable. We couldn't ask for anything more, the Imperia's staff did such an amazing job with everything; we are still getting compliments from our guests. The food was fantastic and the staff did a great job getting everyone served. Most of our guests told us that Imperia is one of the best wedding receptions that they had ever been to. True, the reception has left us with so many wonderful memories; we will always appreciate the staff's hard work and help in making our dream wedding come true.
Overall, Imperia exceeded our extremely high expectations; not only are we still talking about our wedding day, but we're also recommending the place to any and everyone who inquires. We have been and will continue to suggest Imperia to anyone looking for a wonderful/professional place to hold an event, because we are sure that any couples will definitely be in good hands, especially if they choose to work with Arlene/ she is the best.

My best,
Selina
Wedding: 07/27/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I just had my wedding at The Imperia on July 19th 2014 and could not be happier with how everything turned out. From the initial phone call with Arlene to all the setting up and picking of everything out it all went absolutely smoothly. The moment we showed up on our wedding day they were right by our side to attend to everything we needed and could think of. We have not one not even one complaint about The Imperia. They were amazing and we highly recommend them to anyone thinking about getting married there. I can go on and on about how amazing they were.
Wedding: 07/19/2014

Christina 6 Reviews
My husband & I got married at the Imperia on Friday, July 18, 2014. It was a perfect, beautiful wedding.We’re so happy that we chose the Imperia as our venue for the ceremony & reception.Arlene was our sales manager & coordinator.She is so passionate about her job & truly went out of her way to make sure my husband & I were happy.From day 1, she was always there to take my countless emails, phone calls, & pop-in visits.She cared about our wants/needs & did everything she could to make sure we had what we wanted (special beer order, 4 signature drinks, allowing me both bridal suites, allowing me to get there at 9:00 am to get ready).She also knew I was a very picky eater.She customized our food so that I had little chicken parm sandwiches during cocktail hour & chicken fingers with fries during the reception.The day of couldn't have gone more smoothly, thanks to Arlene & her staff.Everyone did an amazing job setting up my DIY signs, candles, baskets, guest signing frame, cake topper, menus, favors, & arch.While I was getting ready in the one bridal suite at 9:00 am, Arlene & Alyssa (a fantastic server) continuously checked up on us to make sure we had everything we needed.They brought us pastries, fruit, snacks, & mimosas. During the pictures, ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception Daisy (another fantastic server) helped keep me calm and helped get anything we needed.She held the train of my dress, fixed my dress, made sure I ate, & ran to get us refills on drinks from the bar.My Maître D was Brenda.She was fantastic as well!She kept the bridal party organized, brought us food in the bridal suite before the ceremony, & was always there to get me whatever I needed.Our guests raved about how delicious the food was & were amazed at the amount of food during cocktail hour, reception, & during the Viennese gala.We would ABSOLUTELY recommend the Imperia to anyone looking to have a beautiful wedding that meets your every single want and need.
Wedding: 07/18/2014

Sweta 3 Reviews
The venue was beautiful and the outdoor patio setup for cocktail hour was amazing! The premises were beautiful and clean and perfectly set up for and Indian wedding and my husband's baraat. Arlene had helped us with the planning and was very patient and helpful throughout the process. Daisy was my bridal attendant for the day and was attentive from morning to nighttime. We think everything went smoothly and our guests had a wonderful time =)
Wedding: 07/05/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I usually don't have time to post reviews but the service we received at the Imperia was so exceptional that I had to give them the credit they deserved. Arlene was the person assigned to our account and I would like to say she did a fabulous job with coordinating our event. She was more then tentative to our needs and went above and beyond to make sure us and our guest were happy. The cook staff did a wonderful job with the food and the wait staff was extremely friendly and tentative as well. The cocktail hour was beyond anything we expected. Dominic whom is the general manger there is the most pleasant and understanding individual I came across in years. It was an honor to shake his hand and also very comforting knowing he was overseeing our special day. I would recommend The Imperia in Somerset NJ to everyone I know. There is no greater service out there.

Marquis and Norma.
Wedding: 06/07/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The staff at the Imperia is fantastic! They are flexible and very accommodating. Arlene and her team are great and willing to do whatever it takes to make your day the best one! Daisy made me feel like a princess all night-- having a drink for me on hand before I could even ask, following me around all night while holding my dress up, making sure I got something to eat and that my husband and I were happy every second. Truly an amazing and beautiful venue.
Wedding: 06/01/2014
2.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  1.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5

Private User 4 Reviews
Disappointed. I really wanted to give a good review but after speaking with some of my guests post wedding, i am very disappointed and very upset with the service. I got married on a Saturday and had cocktail hour outside on the patio and the reception in the Majestica. My guests all felt that Cocktail hour was amazing and the food was very good.

My issue with the Imperia is when it came to the reception. One thing that bothered me was that there was hardly any food in the bridal suite when the bridal party arrived and no bartender or staff member was around. We had agreed ahead of time that the bridal party would have cocktail hour in the bridal suite, and therefore, food and drinks were to be provided when we arrived. What we got was some cold o'derves on a small plate and two chaffing dish options. My bridal party was starving so this was quiet an issue. However, I could have let all of that go and still be happy but after i spoke with a few of my guests i was appalled at what i heard. I personally had at least 10 guests tell me the morning after the wedding that staff was rude to them, and heard the same types of stories from my family members and parent's friends who attended the wedding after the honeymoon. When dinner was being served a few guests (including the bridal party) received the incorrect dish and when they brought it to the attention of the staff they could not care less. I had one person tell me the waiter said "I don't give a s****," another staff member respond with "Not my problem," another staff member say "it's not my job," and walked away etc the list goes on and on and those were the best responses out of what i heard. Other guests got the same type of responses when my guests asked what kind of sauce came on the fish option, the staff didn't serve cake or coffee to everyone and would only serve those who were literally in their seats, they didn't serve my signature drink, etc I could list more examples but you get the point.
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5

Private User 2 Reviews
Jackie, Dominick, and Stephanie helped my husband and I plan a spectacular wedding. Our families raved about the food and Maureen's attentiveness.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Imperia was wonderful throughout the entire process of planning our wedding. We had Arlene as our Sales Manager and Jacquelyn as the Coordinator. Jacquelyn was the most organized and personable person to partner with and made our experience so great. She was proactive about things and was very quick to respond to emails. Considering the venue is the biggest expense of the wedding, it made a huge difference to be in such good hands. The Imperia is a beautiful venue and both our cocktail room and reception room looked so special that night. The food was delicious and our guests could not stop talking about it.

Our maitre’d, Magdy and the bridal attendant were really top notch. They always made sure we had drinks and asked if we needed anything, but weren't intrusive at all. Incredibly attentive. The assistant even took off my veil for me so I didn't have to bother my bridesmaids mid-reception. She also made sure that I kept my bouquet at the end of the night. I said I didn't really care, but she insisted, and I am happy that I have it :)

Our guests continue to tell us that our wedding was one of the most fun they have been to in a long time. I owe so much of that to the Imperia. Thank you!
Wedding: 01/11/2014

Maureen 3 Reviews
My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at the Imperia, and had a phenomenal experience. Arlene was a pleasure to work with. She made the planning and execution of the event extremely simple for us, and worked with us on the most intricate of details.
Maureen was our Maître D’, and she and her staff made us feel as if our wedding was the most important and most special wedding in the world that day. They attended to us and our guests every want and need, and made sure the entire event ran smoothly.
The food was phenomenal and the presentation was excellent. We had several guests with severe food allergies, and the staff made sure that they still had delicious meals that catered to their particular dietary needs.
Over and over again our guests raved about how delicious the food was, and how ours was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. Our guests were amazed at the amount of food served, as well as the large selection of choices available during the cocktail hour and at the Viennese tables.
The décor and landscaping of the venue is gorgeous and made it very easy for our photographer to take amazing photos. Since the venue was so beautiful, it made things really simple for my husband and me to plan the event since we could have our ceremony and reception in the same place, and not have to go to a separate park or studio to have beautiful photos taken.
When we reflect on what we paid versus the high quality of service and food we received, we both feel that the Imperia was an excellent value. The prices were extremely reasonable, and we got a lot of “bang for our buck”, as the expression goes.
We would recommend the Imperia to anyone who was looking for a catering venue to host a special event, as the Imperia delivers on quality of service, selection, value, and aesthetics.
Everything was perfect; no complaints.

Wedding: 11/30/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We just had our wedding reception at the Imperia and had a great experience. While we were looking at wedding venues, we happened to drive by the Imperia. I remembered that my friend had recommended that I check it out and I am SO happy that we did. We stopped in without an appointment and met Arlene. She walked us around the venue, explained the wedding packages and was very accommodating when we had questions or wanted more information after our first visit. We had lots to consider and narrowed down our venue options to the Imperia and another venue. The tipping point for us was the alcohol package. Once scheduling lined up with our officiant and chapel, we decided to go with the Imperia because the venue was so nice, its location so convenient, reasonable cost and alcohol package—the Imperia offers top shelf alcohol as a standard!

Arlene was easy to work with. She was nice, professional and responsive. She had great suggestions and was flexible to my vision in terms of seating chart, room arrangement, and personal items displayed throughout the venue.

A few days before the wedding, I was able to drop off items and it was a relief to have that out of the way and in good hands of the staff. I made an itemized list of every item and provided the designated location for display the night of the wedding. I will say, one of the items did not make it on the table, but when I mentioned it to the Maitre D, the staff quickly made the adjustment and got them out. The night of the wedding went extremely well. Our Maître D’ and her staff were great. She was really nice and attentive.

The Imperia provided excellent service, delicious food and a great ambiance. We would definitely recommend the Imperia. The Imperia delivers on ambiance, quality of service, responsiveness, professionalism and value.

Wedding: 11/22/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Flowers, Ceremony & Reception Venue
 732-469-2522
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire