Hawkesdene

Flexibility:
 (4.9/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
We give Hawkesdene the highest possible recommendation! When we first visited, we were struck by the beautiful setting with the running brook and impeccable landscaping. We also appreciated the plush accommodations and exclusive, personalized attention. Throughout the planning process, Rob was extremely responsive and helpful even when I asked lots of detailed and sometimes random questions. The venue provides lots of different options, and they were open to new ideas and accommodating to make our vision come true. On the weekend itself, Hawkesdene made everything easy for us. All of our guests were so impressed. First everyone raved about the gorgeous setting, then the comfortable rooms and cabins, then the delicious food, and most importantly the friendly staff and excellent service. Hawkesdene made our dream wedding come true!
Wedding: 09/13/2014
Services Used: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Party Supplies, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Hawkesdene House is amazing. I felt like I was in a fairy-tale. Everything about our wedding was perfect. The location is gorgeous. The grounds are immaculate and the rooms and cottages are beyond expectations. There were so many high-end details (I had many people rave about the quality of the hand lotion). There are so many beautifully landscaped components to this property from quiet sitting spots to large, gorgeous gathering places--it was perfect for everyone. The food was out of this world--best wedding food ever--seriously. Not only did it taste amazing, but it was presented beautifully. Perhaps most importantly was the service and the people. Rob was thoughtful, responsive when planning, and so helpful. Anita and Jamie made sure our wedding went off with out a hitch--truly seamless. Matt and Phil were wonderful--even when they were busy cooking the amazing food in the kitchen, if someone stopped to ask them a question they graciously assisted. And Joe was fabulous and so thoughtful. Just to give you an example, we were taken up to the lookout (breathtaking views--can't wait to see the pictures). This was just after the ceremony and group pictures, so we were both a bit frazzled, but Joe had thoughtfully brought up a beer and bottle of wine--it was so perfect and went above and beyond. It gave us a moment to just be together.

I would highly recommend the Hawkesdene House. It was absolutely wonderful!
Wedding: 08/11/2014
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I thank God for Hawkesdene!! That place, along with the entire staff made my wedding one of the greatest experiences I and much of our family have ever had. Rob was so responsive and attentive throughout the entire planning process. Even when I asked redundant questions due to onset "wedding brain", he always answered with grace. Phil and Matthew, the chefs really made our weekend special. The food was all anyone could talk about! I highly recommend the low country crab boil! It is perfectly executed and it even seemed like these mystical crab legs were already cracked for you! No joke!!! And the pasta salad during our Saturday lunch was like sunshine in my mouth! The staff made our son, Noah , an honorary staff member as he was all over the grounds, including in the kitchen with Phil and Matthew! :-) Jamie, the event coordinator was so helpful with her suggestions on how to properly execute all of my DIY wedding components. Joe was so sweet and knowledgeable about the grounds and even some of my flowers. I cannot say enough about the accommodations, the grounds, the food and the staff. They were so flexible to any last minute requests and executed our entire weekend with smiles! Hawkesdene is a place that truly showcases God's majesty. You cannot find a more relaxing, stress-free environment to host your family and friends. DO NOT ENTRUST YOUR SPECIAL DAY TO ANY OTHER VENUE IN NC!!!! Hawkesdene is worth every penny and every mile it takes to get there!!!!!

Thank you again to the Hawkesdene Staff (now considered extended family).

Best,

Elisa Lawrence Ramey
Wedding: 08/09/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Where to begin with this review of the most amazing wedding weekend EVER! It started two years ago when we attended our friends wedding here and absolutely fell in love with this unique location. I remember meeting Rob by the fire pit with my husband (btw, we weren't even engaged yet at this point!) and I told him 'we want to get married here one day.' Two months later, we were engaged. As an event professional in ATL, we searched locally for months for a location, but I found myself constantly comparing every location to this magical private mountain estate. I knew that I had alot of connections locally; however, I can honestly say as a tenured event professional that nothing in Atlanta compares to the level of service, food quality and attention to detail that Rob, Phil and his entire team provided for us.

I am overwhelmed with joy as I write this review, because we knew that picking this location was the best decision we made. From beginning to end, (an entire year and a half) Rob and Phil were more than accommodating to our every request. They never skipped a beat and were always available to respond despite hosting weddings every weekend! The food was OUTSTANDING, some of the best food we have ever eaten (farm to table at its best!). Hats off to Phil and the culinary team. The service levels surpassed that of a Ritz Carlton property. They truly made EVERYTHING happen that we wanted. I can honestly say that I had my dream wedding and I would've have changed a thing....except to have extended the stay a few more days!

Our guests constantly told us it was the BEST WEDDING they had ever been too and it's because Rob, Phil and his hard working team opened up their home to us. They truly take you in, like family and the passion they have for this business is like nothing I have ever experienced. If you want the most memorable experience of your life and a weekend getaway in the most gorgeous setting, Hawkesdene House is the way to go!

Dina & Pablo
Wedding: 05/25/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We recently had our wedding at Hawkesdene. Seventy-five of our closest family and friends flew in from all over the US. We heard nothing but positive comments all weekend about the luxury mountain accommodations, outstanding food, beautiful scenery and overall experience. They take care of so many of the little details it helps tremendously reduce stress! I cannot speak highly enough of Hawkesdene. Great experience! Our family and friends are already asking when we can go back for a reunion.
Wedding: 03/29/2014
Services Used: Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
There is absolutely nothing negative that I can say about our wedding weekend at Hawkesdene House. So amazing. Nothing can compare to having 3 nights to spend with our family and friends. The food - amazing. The accommodations - amazing. The scenery and hikes on property - amazing. The service - ridiculously amazing. The only reason you could ever have a complaint is if you remained silent...Rob and the staff will 'fix' any issue you have within minutes.

Virtually all of the guests have already contacted me to let me know what an amazing time they had. To quote a number of our guests "the bar has been raised on all future weddings I will attend...no wedding can compare to your event, it was amazing." And, as the bride and groom, I can say that we did not have one moment of stress worrying about how our wedding (or the entire weekend) would play out - all we had to do ourselves was get dressed and show up, literally!

Rob and Phil and all the staff made absolutely everyone feel 100% comfortable. We even had a few guests that showed up with food allergies...Phil and his chef took care of it like it was no big deal.

My words of advice - if you want a destination wedding in North Carolina, Hawkesdene is your only option! And, once you book it, trust Rob...I took his advice on any question I asked and he didn't steer us wrong! I can't give higher praise or a more emphatic recommendation!
Wedding: 03/21/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Hawkesdene House is the perfect place to spend your special day. We spent 3 nights and 4 days on the property with our closest friends and family this past October. Having never seen the property before our arrival we were quickly put at ease when driving up to the property and into the main house. A quick conversation with Phil and Rob quickly let us know that we had made the right choice. The small details that often might stain a wedding day were never a worry for us. The Hawkesdene staff was amazingly attentive even though it always seemed like we had the place to ourselves. The creative nature of Phil and Rob was evident throughout our stay. The Main house and surrounding cabins were as comfortable as they were decoratively creative. Excellent food, Amazing views, and Beautiful memories! Thanks Rob and Phil

Melissa & Derek- Oct 2013
Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We absolutely cannot say enough about Hawkesdene House as a wedding venue. Their flexibility, superb service, customer care and attention to detail make this certainly one of the top destination wedding venues in the US. The setting is beautiful and the food is amazing. Our guests (and the groom and I) felt incredibly well cared for and everything went as smoothly as it possibly could have- despite even a downpour on the wedding day. Not once did either myself or my groom feel under pressure or in any way stressed and this was a huge part due to Rob and his team. Thank you for making my wedding perfect Rob, Phil, Jackie, Anita, Jo and everyone else!
Wedding: 09/13/2013

Private User 3 Reviews
We fell in love with this venue online and when we visited it was everything we expected and more. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect day and experience planning my wedding. Rob and Phil made it effortless and had a solution for anything that came up. Every guest enjoyed our amazing day and we can't wait to go back!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We were married August 3, 2013 at the Hawkesdene House with 50 guests. What an amazing experience! We opted to rent the property for three nights to help keep our guests together and provide a relaxing experience for all. This was the best decision we made. Our weekend, the staff, lodging and meals were perfect. Our guests loved staying with us on the property and waking up to breakfast ready every morning and either enjoying the relaxing property or going offsite for zip lining.

The ceremony was held at the pergola in front of the house and the reception outside. The staff took us to the top of the mountain for amazing pictures with our photographer. If something did go wrong, we didn't know. The staff was so friendly and took care of every detail, no matter how small.

The only change I would make is that we would have loved to book an extra day after the ceremony, or even had the entire week!

My husband, family and friends would recommend this location for an special event, it was well worth the cost.
Wedding: 08/03/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
5 stars just is not enough to describe our experience at this phenomenal venue. From the moment we walked on to the property a year and a half ago we knew this is where we wanted to get married. The main house and all the cottages are gorgeous and like many of our family and friends have said...it looks like a place on HGTV!!!

Rob and Phil are the most kind, caring, attentive and professional people. From the moment we met them my stress level for planning a wedding went to zero! Rob makes everything so easy! He is always there to answer any question you have and makes you feel so comfortable. We rented the property for 5 days and had our family and friends come from all over..as far as wisconsin. We had a total of 70 people for the wedding and it could not have been more perfect. Rob and the staff were so amazing to everyone, making everyone feel right at home, and we did not have to worry about a thing the whole 5 days! One of the staff even fixed a flat tire for my sister...how awesome! All the vendors they recommend are amazing and we had no issues with anyone of them.

What can we say about Phil and his cooking! All the food was simply OUTSTANDING!!! We had breakfast every morning and the dinners for the rehearsal and reception had people going back for second and thirds! And I could write a book on how amazing the low country boil was!
All of our family and friends are still talking about how perfect this place is and we cannot wait to come back for a family re-union or our one year anniversary.
If you want a quiet, beautiful estate for your wedding that is stress free, intimate, with superb quality.... book the Hawkesdene House. It is unforgettable!
Wedding: 05/31/2013

Diana 2 Reviews
Hawkesdene is a little piece of paradise, a 33-acre estate tucked into a cove in the mountains of western North Carolina. The 9000 sq. ft. main house offers a sophisticated, yet comfortable and inviting, appeal where comfort and casual elegance prevail. The self-contained cottages sit amongst a lush backdrop of mountains & trees, beautifully manicured gardens, the sparkling waters of Philips Creek and several hiking trails that wind along the adjacent Nantahala National Forest. The spacious indoor/outdoor areas offer many cozy alcoves & comfortable seating areas for gathering together or enjoying private moments apart.

The owners, Rob & Phil, blend southern hospitality with experienced special event planning/coordination, making every detail of your experience unforgettable. Hawkesdene is a magical place that will offer your guests the space, comfort, and convenience of on-site accommodation/catering, freeing them to focus on how best to enjoy their experience – lounging in a creek-side hammock strung between two magnificent hardwood trees, gliding on the wooden gazebo swing, curled up for a fireside chat adjacent to one of several fireplaces, hiking the short but steep trail to the Hawkesnest Pavilion for splendid panoramic mountain views or the more leisurely mile-long shaded trail to the hidden waterfall, or finishing the evening with roasted s’mores in the oversized fire pit under a gorgeous night sky.

If you are looking for a place that will exceed your desire for a destination venue with the beauty of nature as your backdrop, Hawkesdene will fulfill your simplest or grandest vision. As a bride married there in late-May, I have deep gratitude, respect and admiration for Rob, Phil and their staff for creating such a welcoming environment to call our own for the weekend, for making our ‘Happily Ever After’ dream come true, and for continuing to share the beauty & serenity of this special place with others. Thanks for an extraordinarily memorable experience!
Wedding: 05/25/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Incredible venue to a gorgeous backdrop! Rob and Phil were the absolute best! They never stopped working from the second we got there ensuring our wedding weekend was flawless. Every guest has commented on what a fabulous venue and such great service Rob and Phil provided. The food, estate, and grounds were phenomenal! Rob, Phil, and their staff made sure that each and every guest felt welcomed and were attended to. We thank you guys so much for allowing us to enjoy your beautiful property and being such warm hosts! We can't wait to come back again!!!
Wedding: 05/18/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I were married by the covered bridge at Hawkesdene House this April, and over a month later we, our family, and our friends are still raving about the time we were able to spend there. From the very first visit, it was apparent that Rob, Phil, and the rest of the staff would offer us exactly what we envisioned in a destination wedding venue -- a warm and inviting location where we could relax with our family and closest friends over an extended weekend. (Side Note: It was also a plus that it had gorgeous mountains, bubbling brooks, and lots of llamas!)

Rob and Phil are outstanding hosts! They were there whenever we needed them, out of sight whenever we didn't. The service we received from the staff was nothing short of superb, and I've heard many of our guests say the food was hands down the best they have ever been served at a wedding. Rob was patient and responsive in helping us work out details of the wedding and reception on the phone and over email. His list of vendors was a tremendously helpful source of information for a couple who had limited opportunities to visit before the wedding.

For all intents and purposes, our wedding weekend there was flawless! We feel extremely fortunate to have found such a wonderful place to marry. My husband and I have been fortunate enough to travel to many places both here and abroad, but Hawkesdene House holds a tremendously special place in our hearts and is one of the few places we'd happily visit again and again.
Wedding: 04/06/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We couldn't be happier with our venue choice. Rob and Phil were fantastic to plan everything with. They responded quickly to every question and made every effort to accommodate use. They went above and beyond in everything. The food was incredible, the bed and breakfast is so nicely done, the grounds are so beautiful, I honestly could go on and on about every detail. If you have an event there there is no way you would regret it. We plan on going back again and again for vacations!
Wedding: 12/21/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Hawkesdene House is an amazing place to have your wedding!

My husband and I were married here on November 3rd, and we could not be any happier with how the weekend went. If you are looking for a location where you can really relax and enjoy with your friends and family, this is it. Having all of our family and friends in one place for a long weekend was priceless. To us, that was what really made Hawkesdene special. It's not a hotel or banquet hall or place that you are just one of many weddings happening at the same time. For the entire weekend, the staff and Rob and Phil are focused on you and your family and what you need. It's incredible and our guests loved it!

The food is amazing (all of our guests are still raving about it), the property is immaculate with beautiful and comfortable furnishings. The staff is incredibly friendly and I can't say enough about the owners, Rob and Phil. Don't let planning a "destination wedding" scare you. Rob works with you every step of the way and the process could not be any easier.

I wouldn't change a thing about our wedding- we are already trying to plan a reunion trip!
Wedding: 11/03/2012
 800-447-9549
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire