Hawkesdene

Flexibility:
 (4.9/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
We recently had our wedding at Hawkesdene. Seventy-five of our closest family and friends flew in from all over the US. We heard nothing but positive comments all weekend about the luxury mountain accommodations, outstanding food, beautiful scenery and overall experience. They take care of so many of the little details it helps tremendously reduce stress! I cannot speak highly enough of Hawkesdene. Great experience! Our family and friends are already asking when we can go back for a reunion.
Wedding: 03/29/2014
Services Used: Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
There is absolutely nothing negative that I can say about our wedding weekend at Hawkesdene House. So amazing. Nothing can compare to having 3 nights to spend with our family and friends. The food - amazing. The accommodations - amazing. The scenery and hikes on property - amazing. The service - ridiculously amazing. The only reason you could ever have a complaint is if you remained silent...Rob and the staff will 'fix' any issue you have within minutes.

Virtually all of the guests have already contacted me to let me know what an amazing time they had. To quote a number of our guests "the bar has been raised on all future weddings I will attend...no wedding can compare to your event, it was amazing." And, as the bride and groom, I can say that we did not have one moment of stress worrying about how our wedding (or the entire weekend) would play out - all we had to do ourselves was get dressed and show up, literally!

Rob and Phil and all the staff made absolutely everyone feel 100% comfortable. We even had a few guests that showed up with food allergies...Phil and his chef took care of it like it was no big deal.

My words of advice - if you want a destination wedding in North Carolina, Hawkesdene is your only option! And, once you book it, trust Rob...I took his advice on any question I asked and he didn't steer us wrong! I can't give higher praise or a more emphatic recommendation!
Wedding: 03/21/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Hawkesdene House is the perfect place to spend your special day. We spent 3 nights and 4 days on the property with our closest friends and family this past October. Having never seen the property before our arrival we were quickly put at ease when driving up to the property and into the main house. A quick conversation with Phil and Rob quickly let us know that we had made the right choice. The small details that often might stain a wedding day were never a worry for us. The Hawkesdene staff was amazingly attentive even though it always seemed like we had the place to ourselves. The creative nature of Phil and Rob was evident throughout our stay. The Main house and surrounding cabins were as comfortable as they were decoratively creative. Excellent food, Amazing views, and Beautiful memories! Thanks Rob and Phil

Melissa & Derek- Oct 2013
Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We absolutely cannot say enough about Hawkesdene House as a wedding venue. Their flexibility, superb service, customer care and attention to detail make this certainly one of the top destination wedding venues in the US. The setting is beautiful and the food is amazing. Our guests (and the groom and I) felt incredibly well cared for and everything went as smoothly as it possibly could have- despite even a downpour on the wedding day. Not once did either myself or my groom feel under pressure or in any way stressed and this was a huge part due to Rob and his team. Thank you for making my wedding perfect Rob, Phil, Jackie, Anita, Jo and everyone else!
Wedding: 09/13/2013

Private User 3 Reviews
We fell in love with this venue online and when we visited it was everything we expected and more. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect day and experience planning my wedding. Rob and Phil made it effortless and had a solution for anything that came up. Every guest enjoyed our amazing day and we can't wait to go back!
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We were married August 3, 2013 at the Hawkesdene House with 50 guests. What an amazing experience! We opted to rent the property for three nights to help keep our guests together and provide a relaxing experience for all. This was the best decision we made. Our weekend, the staff, lodging and meals were perfect. Our guests loved staying with us on the property and waking up to breakfast ready every morning and either enjoying the relaxing property or going offsite for zip lining.

The ceremony was held at the pergola in front of the house and the reception outside. The staff took us to the top of the mountain for amazing pictures with our photographer. If something did go wrong, we didn't know. The staff was so friendly and took care of every detail, no matter how small.

The only change I would make is that we would have loved to book an extra day after the ceremony, or even had the entire week!

My husband, family and friends would recommend this location for an special event, it was well worth the cost.
Wedding: 08/03/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
5 stars just is not enough to describe our experience at this phenomenal venue. From the moment we walked on to the property a year and a half ago we knew this is where we wanted to get married. The main house and all the cottages are gorgeous and like many of our family and friends have said...it looks like a place on HGTV!!!

Rob and Phil are the most kind, caring, attentive and professional people. From the moment we met them my stress level for planning a wedding went to zero! Rob makes everything so easy! He is always there to answer any question you have and makes you feel so comfortable. We rented the property for 5 days and had our family and friends come from all over..as far as wisconsin. We had a total of 70 people for the wedding and it could not have been more perfect. Rob and the staff were so amazing to everyone, making everyone feel right at home, and we did not have to worry about a thing the whole 5 days! One of the staff even fixed a flat tire for my sister...how awesome! All the vendors they recommend are amazing and we had no issues with anyone of them.

What can we say about Phil and his cooking! All the food was simply OUTSTANDING!!! We had breakfast every morning and the dinners for the rehearsal and reception had people going back for second and thirds! And I could write a book on how amazing the low country boil was!
All of our family and friends are still talking about how perfect this place is and we cannot wait to come back for a family re-union or our one year anniversary.
If you want a quiet, beautiful estate for your wedding that is stress free, intimate, with superb quality.... book the Hawkesdene House. It is unforgettable!
Wedding: 05/31/2013

Diana 2 Reviews
Hawkesdene is a little piece of paradise, a 33-acre estate tucked into a cove in the mountains of western North Carolina. The 9000 sq. ft. main house offers a sophisticated, yet comfortable and inviting, appeal where comfort and casual elegance prevail. The self-contained cottages sit amongst a lush backdrop of mountains & trees, beautifully manicured gardens, the sparkling waters of Philips Creek and several hiking trails that wind along the adjacent Nantahala National Forest. The spacious indoor/outdoor areas offer many cozy alcoves & comfortable seating areas for gathering together or enjoying private moments apart.

The owners, Rob & Phil, blend southern hospitality with experienced special event planning/coordination, making every detail of your experience unforgettable. Hawkesdene is a magical place that will offer your guests the space, comfort, and convenience of on-site accommodation/catering, freeing them to focus on how best to enjoy their experience – lounging in a creek-side hammock strung between two magnificent hardwood trees, gliding on the wooden gazebo swing, curled up for a fireside chat adjacent to one of several fireplaces, hiking the short but steep trail to the Hawkesnest Pavilion for splendid panoramic mountain views or the more leisurely mile-long shaded trail to the hidden waterfall, or finishing the evening with roasted s’mores in the oversized fire pit under a gorgeous night sky.

If you are looking for a place that will exceed your desire for a destination venue with the beauty of nature as your backdrop, Hawkesdene will fulfill your simplest or grandest vision. As a bride married there in late-May, I have deep gratitude, respect and admiration for Rob, Phil and their staff for creating such a welcoming environment to call our own for the weekend, for making our ‘Happily Ever After’ dream come true, and for continuing to share the beauty & serenity of this special place with others. Thanks for an extraordinarily memorable experience!
Wedding: 05/25/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Incredible venue to a gorgeous backdrop! Rob and Phil were the absolute best! They never stopped working from the second we got there ensuring our wedding weekend was flawless. Every guest has commented on what a fabulous venue and such great service Rob and Phil provided. The food, estate, and grounds were phenomenal! Rob, Phil, and their staff made sure that each and every guest felt welcomed and were attended to. We thank you guys so much for allowing us to enjoy your beautiful property and being such warm hosts! We can't wait to come back again!!!
Wedding: 05/18/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I were married by the covered bridge at Hawkesdene House this April, and over a month later we, our family, and our friends are still raving about the time we were able to spend there. From the very first visit, it was apparent that Rob, Phil, and the rest of the staff would offer us exactly what we envisioned in a destination wedding venue -- a warm and inviting location where we could relax with our family and closest friends over an extended weekend. (Side Note: It was also a plus that it had gorgeous mountains, bubbling brooks, and lots of llamas!)

Rob and Phil are outstanding hosts! They were there whenever we needed them, out of sight whenever we didn't. The service we received from the staff was nothing short of superb, and I've heard many of our guests say the food was hands down the best they have ever been served at a wedding. Rob was patient and responsive in helping us work out details of the wedding and reception on the phone and over email. His list of vendors was a tremendously helpful source of information for a couple who had limited opportunities to visit before the wedding.

For all intents and purposes, our wedding weekend there was flawless! We feel extremely fortunate to have found such a wonderful place to marry. My husband and I have been fortunate enough to travel to many places both here and abroad, but Hawkesdene House holds a tremendously special place in our hearts and is one of the few places we'd happily visit again and again.
Wedding: 04/06/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We couldn't be happier with our venue choice. Rob and Phil were fantastic to plan everything with. They responded quickly to every question and made every effort to accommodate use. They went above and beyond in everything. The food was incredible, the bed and breakfast is so nicely done, the grounds are so beautiful, I honestly could go on and on about every detail. If you have an event there there is no way you would regret it. We plan on going back again and again for vacations!
Wedding: 12/21/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Hawkesdene House is an amazing place to have your wedding!

My husband and I were married here on November 3rd, and we could not be any happier with how the weekend went. If you are looking for a location where you can really relax and enjoy with your friends and family, this is it. Having all of our family and friends in one place for a long weekend was priceless. To us, that was what really made Hawkesdene special. It's not a hotel or banquet hall or place that you are just one of many weddings happening at the same time. For the entire weekend, the staff and Rob and Phil are focused on you and your family and what you need. It's incredible and our guests loved it!

The food is amazing (all of our guests are still raving about it), the property is immaculate with beautiful and comfortable furnishings. The staff is incredibly friendly and I can't say enough about the owners, Rob and Phil. Don't let planning a "destination wedding" scare you. Rob works with you every step of the way and the process could not be any easier.

I wouldn't change a thing about our wedding- we are already trying to plan a reunion trip!
Wedding: 11/03/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I got married at Hawkesdene on 10/27/12 and it was absolutely perfect! Originally from Ohio and now living in Florida, we wanted a small/medium sized wedding (approx 80 guests) in the mountains. We had spent 6 months looking for a venue that would feel personal, not stale like many of the hotel/resort weddings can be. All of our friends/family are spread across the country, so we wanted to have sort of a 3 day event where we could visit with everyone. When my husband found Hawkesdene by chance - it was just perfect!! We rented the whole property for 3 days and were able to enjoy the hiking trails, fire places, mountain top, and spend time just being together. The color during this time of year was just spectacular! The photos of the property cannot do it justice, it is absolutely gorgeous! All of our guests could not stop "oooing and ahhhing" at the decor and comfortable setting. I cannot express how wonderful and helpful Rob was throughout the planning process. I was not one of those brides that had everything planned from the time I was 10, but he made all the decisions easy and answered every one of my billion e-mails timely. I hardly had to do anything, as Rob and his staff have gotten the process down so smoothly - everything went off without a hitch! Phil is a fabulous cook - each day the breakfast was amazing and the food was wonderful. Overall, you really couldn't ask for a better place to get married. Even though Hawkesdene has many weddings throughout the year, one can tell how much Rob, Phil, and their staff enjoy what they do - there was a personal touch in everything! My guests continue to talk about how unique, special, romantic, gorgeous, etc.... Hawkesdene is. It is truly a special place :)
Wedding: 10/27/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I wish I could give HH more than 5 stars! The first time I spoke with Rob, I felt comfortable and confident that this was the place! I was made to feel like my wedding was just as important to him as it was to us. It was our second wedding and we wanted just a small intimate event with only 22 people total. Most vendors wouldn't give us the time of day. Rob was so different than all of them. Anytime I had a single question, I would email him and he would respond promptly asking me to please send more questions. I never felt like a bother and I never worried that there would be hidden fees tacked on. We went out for a visit and fell in love with the property and the staff. We loved the idea of everyone getting there and just staying put and enjoying each other. After touring this unique property and sampling Phil's amazing cooking, we booked...and I am so glad we did! Our wedding was just so spectacular. The grounds and views are gorgeous, the decor is phenomenal, the food is outstanding, and the staff is exceptional. And the time spent with our out of town family was priceless to us. We had some elderly people in our group and it was nice for them to be able to just slip away to their room when they were tired. People just kept coming up to us all weekend telling us how much they loved being there. Our family and friends are still raving! The staff was very courteous to them and it was their goal to make everyone enjoy their stay to the fullest. Nobody wanted to leave at the end of the weekend and many have talked about planning a reunion. So many of them bought HH mugs as they were leaving because it was such a special memory for them. It's such a great feeling to know everyone loved and enjoyed your wedding celebration as much as you did. As a bride, my wedding was stress-free. They decorate so well you really don't have to bring anything of your own. If you want a magazine quality wedding without the extraneous cost and stress, book Hawkesdene!
Wedding: 10/22/2012

Lindsay 6 Reviews
We have now visited and been thoroughly impressed by Hawkesdene House during two seasons: winter and fall. We chose Hawkesdene as our venue during our first visit last winter because of its beautiful and comfortable setting, which was perfect for an intimate wedding. Plus, the owners, Rob and Phil, are welcoming, professional, and accommodating. The house and surrounding cabins are decorated in an elegant and cozy manner. And, the property is laid out so that everyone has plenty of privacy and relaxing places to retreat to for peace and quiet, but also several places for groups to gather and play games, sit around and chat, or just watch football.

Our wedding guests took full advantage of all of the settings that Hawkesdene offered during our fall wedding. They played horseshoes, pool, and ping pong; hiked to the pavilion at the top of the mountain and the hidden waterfall; watched football on a big screen TV; toasted S'Mores by the fire. Oh, and they witnessed our wedding, which was beautiful and effortless thanks to the talents of Rob, Phil and their staff (thanks, Mike, Anita, Jami, and Liz!). Even the guests who did not stay at Hawkesdene spent most of the wedding weekend there, eating Hawkesdene's delicious food and enjoying the atmosphere.

I highly recommend Hawkesdene for any event where you want to relax and enjoy the company of a group of people. They provide the atmosphere and truly delicious food and you just have to enjoy and soak it all in. I am already looking forward to our next visit.
Wedding: 09/08/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding was perfect because we had the perfect location, Hawkesdene. Rob and Phil are awesome and will help you plan the perfect wedding for you. They are very flexible and also have a ton of great advice. Everything was so easy with Hawkesdene House. I was able to customize little details that I wanted and not worry about the other things. We had the rehersal dinner, the ceremony and the reception on onsite. Not having to leave the grounds at all during that hetic time relieves a lot of the stress I have seen at other weddings. We also ended up staying at the house with family and friends for 5 days, it was really nice to get to spend that extra time with the people who are close to us. We called it our family/reuinion wedding.
Wedding: 08/11/2012
 800-447-9549
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire