The Grandview

Value
Flexibility
Nicole
03/28/2015

The Grandview team made our day extremely stress free. I had not a worry in the world that anything required my attention. The staff was always one step ahead anticipating any need that I could have!

The Grandview responded with the following comments:

Thank you Nicole! Best Wishes to you both!

Michelle
01/03/2015

We can't say enough about the Grandview. They were a pleasure to work with from the beginning. Margaret was our contact person and she helped us with all the planning and details of the reception. She was so professional and flexible, even when our guest count kept changing! Victor was our maitre d. He was so organized and helpful. He even had a Tide stick handy when I dropped something on my dress. The weather wasn't great the day of the wedding, but everything still turned out perfect! The Grandview was decorated beautifully. They agreed to keep the Christmas decorations up for the wedding, per our request. The food was outstanding and all our guests keep talking about how wonderful the service was at the tables. We highly recommend this venue! You will not be disappointed. Oh! I almost forgot to mention...the Grandview is right next to the mid-Hudson bridge. If you e-mail the bridge authority, you can request the bridge be lit with your wedding colors the day of the wedding.

The Grandview responded with the following comments:

Michelle, Thank you for the review. It was a pleasure creating the perfect day for you!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had to plan a huge wedding in a very short time (two months) due to the fact that my father was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and I wanted him to be there. Everyone was so accommodating and made the day perfect and flawless!! Big thanks to everyone!

The Grandview responded with the following comments:

Marisa, Thank you for the review! We are honored we were able to be a part of your special day and make it perfect for your friends and family!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

When my husband and I were looking at places to have our reception we, just like everyone else, were looking for the best deal. Well, we got it!!!! After visiting a few places we had finally decided on one. That night we called our DJ who happened to be a close friend and told him. He suggested we continue looking and highly recommended The Grandview. I immediately went on their website and from the looks of it I thought it was going to be a fortune but I was wrong. The following day we went there and met with Mike Post who was an amazing maître d'. He went over all they had to offer and then came the questions about price and surprisingly enough they gave more for the same prices of other venues and they had an amazing view of the Hudson River and the Mid-Hudson Bridge. Other places only had a view or a parking lot. As most brides do, I had questions and each time I received an answer right away. After we booked they invited us to a tasting and the food was nothing you could ever imagine, every bite was filled with flavor and presented with class. When it was time to make decisions about the menu and drop things off I received a call and we met that weekend. My husband and I walked out knowing our wedding was going to be seamless. Finally the day had arrived and it was like a dream come true. My entire wedding party, parents, and guests were treated like royalty. Each time they left their tables their napkins were replaced, their drinks were filled and as for my husband and me we didn't have to lift a finger before, during, or after. They set everything up and packed my in-laws car. The cake was baked on premise and I can't tell you how beautiful it was you wouldn't believe me, you would have to see it and it tasted like heaven!!! After the wedding we received compliments from all of our guests about the entire wedding. Thank you to the entire staff especial Mike and Caitlyn, we will be forever grateful!!!

The Grandview responded with the following comments:

Laurie, this review is what we strive for. We made your dreams come to life!
Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The Grandview was the best possible choice we could have made in planning our wedding. The staff is courteous and beyond helpful. We were treated like royalty and our guest were treated the same way. We received nothing but compliments about The Grandview. From the beautiful view, excellent staff, delicious food, to the overall presentation. It was a tremendous value.

The Grandview responded with the following comments:

Jacqueline, thank you for the wonderful review!

Kristen
11/14/2014

We had a truly phenomenal experience from the very first phone call, to numerous meetings, to the tasting, to the wedding day. From the first time we stepped foot at the grandview at a previous function, even way before we were engaged, we always knew we wanted to have our wedding at the Grandview. After looking at other venues nothing compared. The service we received was top notch, the food was delicious, and the views unmatched. Also I have a severe nut allergy and we had spoke about it extensively, but I feel they understood, and I felt comfortable and in good hands. Everyone was friendly and very professional, all the staff members we encountered we had a positive experience with. Everyone was always willing to help. We especially loved Michael and Melissa!!!! They were AMAZING!!!! Such a pleasure to work with and made our experience so much less stressful and smooth. They always communicated with me and got right back to us whenever we had any questions, very quick to respond.

The Grandview responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the review! Kristen and Mike you were an absolute pleasure to work with!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Grandview is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! They exceeded all expectations & made sure our wedding was perfect down to every detail. Everyone was great to work with, the food was out of this world & service was outstanding... TOTAL ELEGANCE!! Our guests are still raving about everything!!!! We highly recommend choosing The Grandview, you'll be 100% happy you did!!!!

The Grandview responded with the following comments:

Thank you both for the review! We are so glad you were happy with everything!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing!!!! I had read all of the other reviews raving about The Grandview, the staff and the food, but it wasn't until my own wedding day that I realized all the reviews were 100 percent true!

Everything was absolutely perfect! Margaret made the planning process a breeze and was open to all of the crazy ideas that I had in mind for my wedding day. She would respond to my notes and emails instantly and quickly became a part of my family during the planning process. Thank you Margaret, we couldn't have done it without you.

The staff was absolutely amazing on the day of the wedding. They were by my side the entire day and made sure that I had everything I needed. When my guests started arriving before I could make it back to the bridal suite after taking pictures, Victor and Kendra helped me sneak in through the ballroom and set up a barrier so my guests didn't see me before the ceremony.

The food was delicious. People are still telling me that cocktail hour was the best cocktail hour they have ever been to, and someone called me the other day to tell me that my wedding cake was the most delicious cake that they had ever tasted (note to other brides, eat your wedding cake! I took one bite and neglected to have it packed up. I regret it!) Everyone raved about their entrees and all of the courses leading up to them. We added the Gourmet Campfire which was delicious and a huge hit with all of our guests. They all loved the fact that it was interactive and that all the marshmallows were made on site.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Before I left I told that staff that we were going to do it all again next week and I wish we could. I look forward to hosting other events at The Grandview in the future. xoxo

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I knew this was the place I wanted our wedding to be as soon as we walked in for our first appappointment. It was such a warm welcome and we felt so special immediately. I knew we were going to have a smooth wedding planning process with their partnership. They made everything so easy for us! Our day ran smoothly and it was magical. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue. Your guests will be so impressed and talking about your wedding for years to come!

Tracy
10/25/2014

The best staff! As the Bride, was treated as a queen, my questions were answered before I even had to ask them, my whole bridal party were treated wonderfully and my husband was well taken care of. I have never dealt with nicer people. They are a huge part of the success of my wedding and I would recommend the Grandview to every bride

The Grandview responded with the following comments:

Tracy, thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy you felt like a queen on your wedding day. That is how it should be!!!!

Karen
10/24/2014

The Grandview exceeded our expectations! Everyone was amazing and did everything perfect. We couldn't be happier! Food, decor, service, and all employed by the Grandview did stellar jobs.

Christine
10/19/2014

The Grandview was a wonderful venue for my fall wedding! The wait staff was professional and attentive, and our work with Melissa, our wedding day assistant, was pleasurable. Keep up the great work!

Private User
Recently Married

They did what I asked when I asked. When I asked for something that was non traditional they double checked with me and then did what I asked.

Margaret was amazing and helped with all pre-wedding arrangements. Michael the maître'd kept everything running smoothly through the whole event!!! From sewing my bustle back together to coordinating things so the groom and I could both be there without seeing each other prior to the ceremony Michael was there, polite, prompt, and willing!

Our car was loaded and set to go after with out a hitch! Coordination with the hotel was smooth!

Our guests had a blast and raved about the food! The Grandview accommodated us nicely when we asked for food reminiscent of the groom's home town, Buffalo.

Jessica
10/12/2014

I wish I had more characters to let everone know how spactaular The Grandview was on my special day. I would pick this place over and over again. Amazing view, staff, food, and price. EVERYTHING!! Make The Grandview the place for your big day.

Megan
10/12/2014

We absolutely loved everything. We especially appreciated the efforts of victor, Sonya, Anthony and Thomas. They were 100% on top if everything and made my night extra special. Sonya was a doll! Thank you!

Private User
Recently Married

The staff set everything up exactly as I wanted. They are professional and personable. I absolutely loved Victor and Sonya. They were wonderful, on top of everything. They couldn't have done a thing better. Thomas did a great job organizing the events that night. The food was perfect as was the cake. Everything was PERFECT!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake