The Grandview

(5.0 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When my husband and I were looking at places to have our reception we, just like everyone else, were looking for the best deal. Well, we got it!!!! After visiting a few places we had finally decided on one. That night we called our DJ who happened to be a close friend and told him. He suggested we continue looking and highly recommended The Grandview. I immediately went on their website and from the looks of it I thought it was going to be a fortune but I was wrong.
The following day we went there and met with Mike Post who was an amazing maître d'. He went over all they had to offer and then came the questions about price and surprisingly enough they gave more for the same prices of other venues and they had an amazing view of the Hudson River and the Mid-Hudson Bridge. Other places only had a view or a parking lot. As most brides do, I had questions and each time I received an answer right away. After we booked they invited us to a tasting and the food was nothing you could ever imagine, every bite was filled with flavor and presented with class. When it was time to make decisions about the menu and drop things off I received a call and we met that weekend. My husband and I walked out knowing our wedding was going to be seamless. Finally the day had arrived and it was like a dream come true. My entire wedding party, parents, and guests were treated like royalty. Each time they left their tables their napkins were replaced, their drinks were filled and as for my husband and me we didn't have to lift a finger before, during, or after. They set everything up and packed my in-laws car. The cake was baked on premise and I can't tell you how beautiful it was you wouldn't believe me, you would have to see it and it tasted like heaven!!! After the wedding we received compliments from all of our guests about the entire wedding. Thank you to the entire staff especial Mike and Caitlyn, we will be forever grateful!!!

• Wedding: 12/13/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Grandview is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! They exceeded all expectations & made sure our wedding was perfect down to every detail. Everyone was great to work with, the food was out of this world & service was outstanding... TOTAL ELEGANCE!! Our guests are still raving about everything!!!! We highly recommend choosing The Grandview, you'll be 100% happy you did!!!!

• Wedding: 11/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing!!!! I had read all of the other reviews raving about The Grandview, the staff and the food, but it wasn't until my own wedding day that I realized all the reviews were 100 percent true!

Everything was absolutely perfect! Margaret made the planning process a breeze and was open to all of the crazy ideas that I had in mind for my wedding day. She would respond to my notes and emails instantly and quickly became a part of my family during the planning process. Thank you Margaret, we couldn't have done it without you.

The staff was absolutely amazing on the day of the wedding. They were by my side the entire day and made sure that I had everything I needed. When my guests started arriving before I could make it back to the bridal suite after taking pictures, Victor and Kendra helped me sneak in through the ballroom and set up a barrier so my guests didn't see me before the ceremony.

The food was delicious. People are still telling me that cocktail hour was the best cocktail hour they have ever been to, and someone called me the other day to tell me that my wedding cake was the most delicious cake that they had ever tasted (note to other brides, eat your wedding cake! I took one bite and neglected to have it packed up. I regret it!) Everyone raved about their entrees and all of the courses leading up to them. We added the Gourmet Campfire which was delicious and a huge hit with all of our guests. They all loved the fact that it was interactive and that all the marshmallows were made on site.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Before I left I told that staff that we were going to do it all again next week and I wish we could. I look forward to hosting other events at The Grandview in the future. xoxo

• Wedding: 10/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I knew this was the place I wanted our wedding to be as soon as we walked in for our first appappointment. It was such a warm welcome and we felt so special immediately. I knew we were going to have a smooth wedding planning process with their partnership. They made everything so easy for us! Our day ran smoothly and it was magical. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue. Your guests will be so impressed and talking about your wedding for years to come!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Grandview exceeded our expectations! Everyone was amazing and did everything perfect. We couldn't be happier! Food, decor, service, and all employed by the Grandview did stellar jobs.

• Wedding: 10/24/2014
Karen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They did what I asked when I asked. When I asked for something that was non traditional they double checked with me and then did what I asked.

Margaret was amazing and helped with all pre-wedding arrangements. Michael the maître'd kept everything running smoothly through the whole event!!! From sewing my bustle back together to coordinating things so the groom and I could both be there without seeing each other prior to the ceremony Michael was there, polite, prompt, and willing!

Our car was loaded and set to go after with out a hitch! Coordination with the hotel was smooth!

Our guests had a blast and raved about the food! The Grandview accommodated us nicely when we asked for food reminiscent of the groom's home town, Buffalo.

• Flexibility: 5.0

I wish I had more characters to let everone know how spactaular The Grandview was on my special day. I would pick this place over and over again. Amazing view, staff, food, and price. EVERYTHING!! Make The Grandview the place for your big day.

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
Jessica
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding reception here on October 10th. Words cannot describe how happy we are they we used them . They were the perfect vendor. The location, friendliness, professionalism, size of the venue, beautiful views and food made this all perfect! Nothing went wrong the entire night, everything went as planned and turned out more beautiful than we could have ever imagined .
Margaret was so amazing and helpful prior to wedding. Victor our maître'd was the best! He did anything we asked right away and made sure everything went smooth and just the way we wanted.
Our guests can't stop talking about the food and the elegance of our venue. They also loved the transportation provided to the hotel that was included with the venue. They made our wedding night so special and amazing , we can't thank you enough!

• Wedding: 10/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I were married at the Grandview this past September 2014. We had the wedding of our dreams and more. We had our ceremony outside on their stunning grounds overlooking the Hudson river. The ballroom is absolutely gorgeous and the staff went over and beyond what we expected that day. The service was amazing for not only the bride and groom but for each and every table that our guests sat at. It is a beautiful place both inside and outside. We were lucky enough to have a beautiful day. The food was great and since it was our wedding day we barely had time to eat but the staff made sure to take care of us. I would highly recommend the Grandview for a wedding and hope to use it for a future event or hope to get invited to a wedding there that I could sit back and enjoy!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
Kristen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As soon as you walk on The Grandview's property you just *know* that you can't get a better view, better deal, or better group of people to work with in the Hudson Valley. Margaret, my point-person coordinator, was a dream to work with - enthusiastic and caring about all of my special details, very responsive and patient with my questions leading up to the wedding, and one of the nicest people I've ever met! She worked hard to make my vision into a reality. At our menu appointment she even let me have free reign in the outdoor ballroom so I could stage my decor elements and figure out the best place to put everything. I got married in the outdoor ballroom, which has the best of both worlds - an outside ceremony and "indoor" cocktail hour/reception. But being under the tent was just like being "outside" with the stunning views. The gorgeous drapery and chandeliers in the tent has a very premium feel and totally wow-ed my guests. People could not get over how there was such a spectacular venue in Poughkeepsie of all places, especially those who traveled from NYC! Beyond the views and beautiful tent, one of the key selling points for me was that I (the bride) did not have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding, or leading up to the wedding. The Grandview takes pride in running perfectly timed events, and weddings are their business. My maitre d' (Victor) and bridal attendant were SO attentive all day and made sure I was happy/satisfied throughout. They ran the show, and it went off without a hitch. The food was excellent and my guests had the nicest things to say about their waiters/waitresses. For the price - especially in the Hudson Valley - you get so much food, coupled with several comped rooms at The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel and free trolley service. It is the best deal in the area without sacrificing any quality. Can't recommend enough if you are looking for a highly organized team, Hudson River views and delicious food to truly impress all of your guests!

• Wedding: 09/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Well worth ever penny we spent. Many of our guests told us that is was the best wedding they have ever been to. Micheal Post is the man!!! Absolutely perfect!

• Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I had our wedding at The Grandview last week (8/15) in the outdoor ballroom. We are pleased to report that everything from the rehearsal to the waning moments of our reception were absolutely perfect. The venue itself was gorgeous and the way everything was set up was appealing to the eye and comfortable. The space for the ceremony made for a very intimate setting that our guests loved. Our guests also raved about the food. Everything was delicious and The Grandview's menu provides a wide variety. I have never been to a wedding where the pieces of cake were as big as they were. The servers and bartenders were excellent. We would also like to give a shout out to Victor and Sally (maitre d' and bridal attendant) for helping the entire event run smoothly. Much like the entire staff of The Grandview, they were attentive, friendly, and professional. If you are looking for a wedding venue, The Grandview is a slam dunk. Perfect setting, professional and friendly staff, delicious food. My wife and I simply could not be any happier with our wedding experience at The Grandview.

• Wedding: 08/15/2014
Laura
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Most amazing day of our lives thanks to The Grandview. I would recommend The Grandview to ANYONE! I am a Marist alum and knew I wanted to get married there before I even met my now husband. The view, the food, the drinks, the service, the VALUE! So much is included that at any other venue would be extra costs (cake which was gorgeous and delicious, transportation, bridal suite at the hotel). And they don't cut corners on quality. Everything about this venue and their affiliates surpassed all of my expectations. Our guests felt special and had a beyond amazing time. We have had family and friends commenting on how beautiful the space was and how amazingly they were treated. They were so accommodating even when I broke my foot 4 weeks to the date of the wedding! We did our rehearsal at Shadows, stayed at their sister hotel The Poughkeepsie Grand (considering they give you complimentary rooms and trolley service!), we even took the Shadows One speed boat from the Marist waterfront to the marina at the Grandview. It was a magical day that we will always remember and smile. *Fun fact and quick tip: The Mid-Hudson bridge changes their lights for absolutely no fee and will set it to be the color of your choosing if you request it in time (we had a purple bridge for the background of our shots).

• Wedding: 08/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Melissa is great! Also, I love the packages at the Grandview, there are no hidden costs like: cake cutting fee, place cards, bartenders etc. they were very transparent and for the cost and the view.. It's unbeatable in Poughkeepsie.

• Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding was in the outdoor ballroom at the end of July. All of the guests could not stop talking about how beautiful the venue was. The ceremony area is gorgeous and is naturally shaded by a big beautiful tree. The staff was extremely easy and pleasant to work with. They listened to my list of very exact requests and instructions and carried them out without a flaw. The food was amazing as well. My guests loved the cocktail hour and the cake was delicious!! Several people have told me it was the best wedding they had ever been to. I wish I could do the day all over again, I wouldn't change a thing :-)

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
Sara
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had the most amazing day! We had our ceremony and reception in the outdoor ballroom and surrounding areas. Everyone we worked with at The Grandview was friendly and helpful but Mike was the best! Mike worked with my husband and I from day one to make our day wonderful and as stress-free as possible. Many of our guests have claimed that it was the best or most beautiful wedding they have ever been to and I know that most of that is because of The Grandview! Thanks guys!!!! :)

• Wedding: 07/18/2014
845-486-4700
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards