The Grandview

(5.0 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing!!!! I had read all of the other reviews raving about The Grandview, the staff and the food, but it wasn't until my own wedding day that I realized all the reviews were 100 percent true!

Everything was absolutely perfect! Margaret made the planning process a breeze and was open to all of the crazy ideas that I had in mind for my wedding day. She would respond to my notes and emails instantly and quickly became a part of my family during the planning process. Thank you Margaret, we couldn't have done it without you.

The staff was absolutely amazing on the day of the wedding. They were by my side the entire day and made sure that I had everything I needed. When my guests started arriving before I could make it back to the bridal suite after taking pictures, Victor and Kendra helped me sneak in through the ballroom and set up a barrier so my guests didn't see me before the ceremony.

The food was delicious. People are still telling me that cocktail hour was the best cocktail hour they have ever been to, and someone called me the other day to tell me that my wedding cake was the most delicious cake that they had ever tasted (note to other brides, eat your wedding cake! I took one bite and neglected to have it packed up. I regret it!) Everyone raved about their entrees and all of the courses leading up to them. We added the Gourmet Campfire which was delicious and a huge hit with all of our guests. They all loved the fact that it was interactive and that all the marshmallows were made on site.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Before I left I told that staff that we were going to do it all again next week and I wish we could. I look forward to hosting other events at The Grandview in the future. xoxo

• Wedding: 10/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I knew this was the place I wanted our wedding to be as soon as we walked in for our first appappointment. It was such a warm welcome and we felt so special immediately. I knew we were going to have a smooth wedding planning process with their partnership. They made everything so easy for us! Our day ran smoothly and it was magical. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue. Your guests will be so impressed and talking about your wedding for years to come!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They did what I asked when I asked. When I asked for something that was non traditional they double checked with me and then did what I asked.

Margaret was amazing and helped with all pre-wedding arrangements. Michael the maître'd kept everything running smoothly through the whole event!!! From sewing my bustle back together to coordinating things so the groom and I could both be there without seeing each other prior to the ceremony Michael was there, polite, prompt, and willing!

Our car was loaded and set to go after with out a hitch! Coordination with the hotel was smooth!

Our guests had a blast and raved about the food! The Grandview accommodated us nicely when we asked for food reminiscent of the groom's home town, Buffalo.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding reception here on October 10th. Words cannot describe how happy we are they we used them . They were the perfect vendor. The location, friendliness, professionalism, size of the venue, beautiful views and food made this all perfect! Nothing went wrong the entire night, everything went as planned and turned out more beautiful than we could have ever imagined .
Margaret was so amazing and helpful prior to wedding. Victor our maître'd was the best! He did anything we asked right away and made sure everything went smooth and just the way we wanted.
Our guests can't stop talking about the food and the elegance of our venue. They also loved the transportation provided to the hotel that was included with the venue. They made our wedding night so special and amazing , we can't thank you enough!

• Wedding: 10/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As soon as you walk on The Grandview's property you just *know* that you can't get a better view, better deal, or better group of people to work with in the Hudson Valley. Margaret, my point-person coordinator, was a dream to work with - enthusiastic and caring about all of my special details, very responsive and patient with my questions leading up to the wedding, and one of the nicest people I've ever met! She worked hard to make my vision into a reality. At our menu appointment she even let me have free reign in the outdoor ballroom so I could stage my decor elements and figure out the best place to put everything. I got married in the outdoor ballroom, which has the best of both worlds - an outside ceremony and "indoor" cocktail hour/reception. But being under the tent was just like being "outside" with the stunning views. The gorgeous drapery and chandeliers in the tent has a very premium feel and totally wow-ed my guests. People could not get over how there was such a spectacular venue in Poughkeepsie of all places, especially those who traveled from NYC! Beyond the views and beautiful tent, one of the key selling points for me was that I (the bride) did not have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding, or leading up to the wedding. The Grandview takes pride in running perfectly timed events, and weddings are their business. My maitre d' (Victor) and bridal attendant were SO attentive all day and made sure I was happy/satisfied throughout. They ran the show, and it went off without a hitch. The food was excellent and my guests had the nicest things to say about their waiters/waitresses. For the price - especially in the Hudson Valley - you get so much food, coupled with several comped rooms at The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel and free trolley service. It is the best deal in the area without sacrificing any quality. Can't recommend enough if you are looking for a highly organized team, Hudson River views and delicious food to truly impress all of your guests!

• Wedding: 09/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I had our wedding at The Grandview last week (8/15) in the outdoor ballroom. We are pleased to report that everything from the rehearsal to the waning moments of our reception were absolutely perfect. The venue itself was gorgeous and the way everything was set up was appealing to the eye and comfortable. The space for the ceremony made for a very intimate setting that our guests loved. Our guests also raved about the food. Everything was delicious and The Grandview's menu provides a wide variety. I have never been to a wedding where the pieces of cake were as big as they were. The servers and bartenders were excellent. We would also like to give a shout out to Victor and Sally (maitre d' and bridal attendant) for helping the entire event run smoothly. Much like the entire staff of The Grandview, they were attentive, friendly, and professional. If you are looking for a wedding venue, The Grandview is a slam dunk. Perfect setting, professional and friendly staff, delicious food. My wife and I simply could not be any happier with our wedding experience at The Grandview.

• Wedding: 08/15/2014
Laura
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Most amazing day of our lives thanks to The Grandview. I would recommend The Grandview to ANYONE! I am a Marist alum and knew I wanted to get married there before I even met my now husband. The view, the food, the drinks, the service, the VALUE! So much is included that at any other venue would be extra costs (cake which was gorgeous and delicious, transportation, bridal suite at the hotel). And they don't cut corners on quality. Everything about this venue and their affiliates surpassed all of my expectations. Our guests felt special and had a beyond amazing time. We have had family and friends commenting on how beautiful the space was and how amazingly they were treated. They were so accommodating even when I broke my foot 4 weeks to the date of the wedding! We did our rehearsal at Shadows, stayed at their sister hotel The Poughkeepsie Grand (considering they give you complimentary rooms and trolley service!), we even took the Shadows One speed boat from the Marist waterfront to the marina at the Grandview. It was a magical day that we will always remember and smile. *Fun fact and quick tip: The Mid-Hudson bridge changes their lights for absolutely no fee and will set it to be the color of your choosing if you request it in time (we had a purple bridge for the background of our shots).

• Wedding: 08/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding was in the outdoor ballroom at the end of July. All of the guests could not stop talking about how beautiful the venue was. The ceremony area is gorgeous and is naturally shaded by a big beautiful tree. The staff was extremely easy and pleasant to work with. They listened to my list of very exact requests and instructions and carried them out without a flaw. The food was amazing as well. My guests loved the cocktail hour and the cake was delicious!! Several people have told me it was the best wedding they had ever been to. I wish I could do the day all over again, I wouldn't change a thing :-)

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
Sara
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had the most amazing day! We had our ceremony and reception in the outdoor ballroom and surrounding areas. Everyone we worked with at The Grandview was friendly and helpful but Mike was the best! Mike worked with my husband and I from day one to make our day wonderful and as stress-free as possible. Many of our guests have claimed that it was the best or most beautiful wedding they have ever been to and I know that most of that is because of The Grandview! Thanks guys!!!! :)

• Wedding: 07/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I just hosted our wedding ceremony and reception at The Grandview outside ballroom on June 29, 2014. I cannot thank The Grandview enough for such an incredible wedding! They truly made it the best day of my life! The food, staff, and breathtaking views were extraordinary. People were raving about the delicious food especially the cocktail hour with such a variety of choices. There was something to eat for absolutely everyone. The staff was top notch. They were friendly, professional and by my side every step of the way. One of the waiters knew everyone by first name at the table which was a nice personal touch. During family photos, I was starting to feel dehydrated so my bridal attendant urgently brought me water and crackers. Special thanks to Victor and Paige for their wonderful job! The breathtaking views overlooking the Hudson river look magnificent in photos. The Grandview exceeded my expectations! I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a spectacular wedding!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We just has our wedding last June 7. We had an outdoor ceremony and the grand ballroom for the reception. I can't thank the staff well enough, from the time of the planning talking Margaret was such a breeze. She made all the planning easier for us. Victor and Vanessa are awesome! They made a point that we have everything that we need during the reception..the food is magnificent our guests has been raving how good the food is, it has. been a week but our friends still can't get over how happy they are with the food quality and quantity. It was an amazing place the professionalism of the staff was great and I appreciate the time and efficiency. I would definitely recommend the grandview. It's all worth the money!

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Bujhoy
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Matt Geer and I had our wedding at The Grandview on March 22, 2014...the first outdoor wedding of the season! and we can't stop saying that our day couldn't have gone ANY better. We got engaged back in 2012 and The Grandview was the first place we visited (my sister got married at Anthony's Pier 9 so we were familiar with the Bonura Hospitality Group) and it was a very easy decision to book The Grandview because the experience we had with my sisters wedding was amazing and absolutely perfect so we knew we were in good hands. Getting married on the water was also really important to Matt since he grew up on the water. We started working with Joseph Jr., who was a real pleasure and then we mainly worked with Brent, who was also great to work with. There was so much detail to be planned and Brent and the staff helped keep me calm and overall I really just had that instinct and knew everything was going to be perfect. The entire staff was amazing and although it has only been a couple of weeks since we got married we still have family and friends rave about their experience there as well as the food (if I could only eat there for dinner every night...all of it was incredible). Also a special thanks to Mike Post and Kaitlin who just stuck with Matt and I all night and really didn't let me worry about one thing. We can't say thank you enough and we would highly highly recommend The Grandview!

• Wedding: 03/22/2014
Kim & Matt
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Grandview speaks for itself, the location is stunning, it really captures the beauty of the Hudson Valley, but the team is undeniably the BEST! Our wedding was everything we wanted it to be more thanks to the hard working and dedicated team at the Grandview. Lindsay was such a pleasure to work with, so sweet, helpful and responsive. We can't thank her and Victor enough for all they did to make our night special! We looked at 9 venues and the moment we walked in and were greeted with Lindsay's smile and the sights of the river and bridge we knew it couldn't be better than that.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband & I can not say enough about the Grandview. We fell in love with this venue from the moment we walked into it cause of the gorgeous view overlooking the Hudson. We were then really impressed with the excellent customer service we received with Brent. From looking to choosing this as our venue, Brent was always there to answer our questions. The maitre d & bridal attendant on the day of our wedding were very attentive & didnt miss a beat. Our guests LOVED the view, the food & the ambiance of our wedding & had a great time. We came from NYC & most guests didnt understand why we chose Poughkeepsie, until they saw the specatacular view & experienced the wonderful service of the Grandview.
We would HIGHLY recommend this venue to any couple looking for a venue that goes above & beyond & offers a great view for pictures as well. I wish I could do our wedding day all over again there :)

• Wedding: 10/26/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The venue itself was amazing and the staff could not have been more attentive.

• Wedding: 10/20/2013
Lisa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Grandview made our day perfect and I couldn't believe how attentive they were on the day of the wedding to my husband and myself and the rest of our family. The moment we left our chairs they were by our side helping us and accommodating us in every way possible. Beautiful venue, amazing food and great service!

• Wedding: 10/20/2013
845-486-4700
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards