The Commons 1854

Flexibility:
 (4.9/5.0)

Sort By:

joseph 1 Reviews
I don't even know where to begin. We had a lot of thought going into what we wanted for our wedding. When my Fiance saw The Commons 1854 she was hooked. Kristi and Frank were amazing from the beginning all the way to the end. People that were jovial and easy to talk to. You can see they take pride in what they do because it shows. They put us first and business second. We had our worries because we've heard horror stories from weddings at other venues. We just prayed this would just be "good" The proof was in the pudding. The guests were impressed, and that's what we wanted. All night they kept talking about how delicious the food was and that was just the cocktail hour! On and on About the scallops being huge the biggest they've ever seen. The signature drinks they made fpr us were so tasty , the entrees were portions you couldn't even imagine getting at those other venues. Right down to the espresso service and wam Chocolate chip cookies the serve at the end. This place is the real deal. Someone told my wife that evening and I quote, "this place is a gem!" The banquet staff was so friendly and down to Earth. The bartendars were nice polite and worked so hard for my guests. Not one guest had a complaint. People have been talking about it on Facebook and reaching out to us just on how amazing The Commons 1854 is. You can't beat the value it was very reasonable with today's standards and how people think things "should be" sure other venues are nice but they can't hold a candle to the way weddings are done here. It wasn't corporate feeling or cookie cutter it was personal. The respect and the honor they made us feel leaving that night was unbelievable. We were worried we couldn't pull it off. But with the help of The Commons 1854 we held our heads high and were extremely happy. This place makes you feel like family. We loved every minute of planning this wedding. Kristi and her staff made it easy and worthwhile. Its a shame it had to end.
Wedding: 11/09/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Meeting Kristi the owner of The Commons 1854 was perfect, she explained everything in great detail of what was included in the price, showed us around and gave us many idea's and options. When we decided to go with them she send an email to 617 weddings telling chuck my DJ he had to meet me and DJ my wedding... no venue i know would go to great lenghts to do that for a bride so stressed and so scared that i would pick the wrong thing. After that i met my wedding coordinator Johanna and let me tell you how wonderful she was... i would email her past 5pm and she would get right back to me... she is so kind, and goes above and beyond her job to help brides out on their day... she even gets mud out of wedding dresses! She is a savior and all staff at the commons are so polite my friends and family couldn't belive how nice and polite and kind all the staff was.. to this day they still tell me how my wedding will be hard to top because of the venue, the food being unbelievable( their food is so good that i did not have a wedding tasting because i knew from strangers telling me how good the food was i did not need to worry and they were right!) and the service so perfect!

To all the brides if you are not sure what type of venue you want for a wedding please go meet Kristi and Johanna at The Commons I promise you will not be disappointed after meeting them!

Thank you to Johanna, Kristi, Rosie and all the staff at the commons you made my wedding perfect in every way! Never once did i worry about anything that could go wrong and because of you guys nothing did! Thank you for everything :)
Wedding: 11/07/2014

Jyllian 1 Reviews
I simply cannot say enough about how amazing a wedding venue the Topsfield Commons is!! Our October 2014 wedding was truly the night of my dreams and it is in thanks to Johanna, Kristi and their teams. Not only is the venue itself unique and beautiful, the surrounding grounds, staff, food and décor are all stellar. Johanna was such an asset to me right from the beginning. She answered emails so quickly and responded to ALL my questions throughout the whole process. She truly makes you feel as if you are the only wedding on her list! The day of she was not just a venue contact, but a TRUE wedding coordinator. Everything was timed perfectly and she anticipated every need we had, at times we thought she may have the bridal suite bugged! With everything in her hands I was able to truly let go and enjoy every moment without worry (and I am a very controlling bride!) I can’t thank her enough for everything she did for us that day.
The venue is also quite flexible, making an entrée for us that was not on the menu and allowing us to be on site as needed/during the times we wanted. Just the small things that many other venues will not allow, The Commons will consider it all if it will make you happy on your day! I have heard nothing but rave reviews from my guests on the food, the staff, the grounds, the set-up… everything exceeded our expectations. The staff was so friendly and energetic, bending over backwards to do things for our guests. Even singing and dancing along to the band as they wrapped up their night!
Again, THANK YOU to The Commons for an absolutely perfect day. If you are considering The Commons I cannot push you enough… YOU WANT THIS VENUE!
Wedding: 10/18/2014

Nicole 4 Reviews
If you are looking for a scenic location, professional and personable staff, and the most amazing food a venue can offer then, you need to choose The Commons 1854! I am so very happy I did! The Commons was the first and ONLY venue my husband and I looked at -there was no need to look any further. From our very first meeting with owner, Kristi we knew we were in the right spot. Through out the entire planning process both Kiristi and Johanna were there every step of the way. The responded to all my questions within a day. Johanna, the wedding coordinator, was truly amazing. I didn't worry about a thing because I knew she was on top of it. She provided helpful suggestions on the day's timeline. She provided valuable resources for writing my ceremony. Anything I needed-she did it. The day of the wedding was worry free. The staff were all smiles and very helpful. You knew they truly enjoy weddings. My friends and family raved that the food was, hands down, the best food they have had at a wedding ever (and it was)! Our big day was perfect and The Commons 1854 had a great deal to do with that!
Wedding: 10/11/2014

Brittney 2 Reviews
From the moment my husband and I walked through the doors of the Topsfield Commons to check out this venue, we both instantly knew that this was the place we wanted to get married! The entire year of planning was so much fun! The owners are incredibly helpful and amazing! Our wedding planner, Johanna was absolutely outstanding. We could not have planned our wedding without her! She was very professional, personable and we knew we could put all of our trust into her! She was extremely thoughtful, helpful and understanding through the entire wedding process! She really catered to our needs and was there for us at any moment that we needed her! She made us feel very secure and confidant that we were going to get the wedding that we wanted! Our wedding was the best night of our lives!!! The staff was amazing! The food was excellent, every guest enjoyed the delicious appetizers, sorbet, meal choices and dessert! The entertainment and up lighting were perfect! Every single person was dancing all night long! All of our friends and family have been telling us how blown away they were with the Topsfield Commons and that this was the most fun wedding they have ever been too! We have been telling everyone about the Topsfield Commmons and highly recommend this venue for anyone getting married!! It truly was the most beautiful and incredible night! It was absolutely magical! We can't thank you enough to the owners, the staff and of course our incredible wedding planner Johanna! You guys are amazing!!
Wedding: 10/10/2014

Kimberly 2 Reviews
MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE COMMONS AS A Mother of the bride was just perfect in evert way. W e could not have asked for anything more. Beautiful venue ,incredible service,delicious food.The staff truly cares about your experience being the best in every way,
Wedding: 10/10/2014

Private User 1 Reviews
The peolpe that worked there were great to my guest. The food was on point!!!

Private User 4 Reviews
We are so incredibly blessed and happy to have had our wedding reception at the Commons! From our first visit to the end of our wedding reception, we were treated with the utmost kindness, respect and professionalism from Johanna (our amazing coordinator), Kristi and Frank (the lovely husband and wife couple who own the Commons) and the rest of the staff! They are so warm and friendly but also have such incredible knowledge and experience of how to make a wedding amazing. We were working with a budget and they helped us so much to create a wonderful experience for everyone while still staying within our budget (for example, Johanna had the great idea to repurpose our bridesmaid bouquets into decor for the wedding reception venue). They had great recommendations for other vendors. The food was absolutely delicious. And when two guests came that we weren't expecting, the staff didn't bat an eye and they handled it so quickly and professionally. They were so responsive every step of the way. Also, it is a beautiful building and our pictures are gorgeous. They also staff very well; many guests remarked on how they absolutely loved our wedding and many specifically said that we had such great service at your wedding. We originally thought the Commons was out of our price range but when we considered the cost of other locations, they didn't often include what the Commons did. Also, the wonderful quality, service, and warmth you receive at the Commons is truly worth everything, and they worked with us to keep our wedding in our budget. We read other great reviews of the Commons when we were planning our wedding and these helped us to decide to pick them...we are so glad we did! Best of luck to you if you are reading this and planning your wedding and please know that we mean every word that we loved our wedding at the Commons!

Ellen 2 Reviews
Kristi, Johanna, and the entire staff at The Common did an excellent job. The service, the food, and the venue were all perfect! They were on top of every detail and truly made our event spectacular. It was a pleasure working with them from beginning to end! They are professionals!
Wedding: 09/26/2014

Laura 1 Reviews
The venue was beautiful! The food was AMAZING!
Kristi and her staff at The Commons provided us with top notch service from the time of our very first meeting right up until our wedding reception. All of our questions and concerns were addressed in a timely manner and I can honestly say that I did not worry about a single aspect of my wedding because I knew it was being handled in the best way possible.
Our expectations were exceeded in every way!
Wedding: 08/30/2014

Private User 5 Reviews
I cannot begin to express my satisfaction with this venue, I don't think there are words! They were so amazing to work with and gave my husband and I the picture perfect wedding we were looking for. Our coordinator Johanna was just an absolute dream to work with as well as the owner Kristi who was so helpful as well. The service was impeccable! While we were getting our photos done, there was Johanna following us around the property with food and drinks so we weren't starving or dying of thirst ;o)
If you're looking for a gorgeous ballroom and a staff that will have your guests raving about the service absolutely go to The Commons and visit the ladies that made our wedding dreams come true

Private User 2 Reviews
We got married on 9, 2014 at the Topsfield Commons 1854. Choosing the Commons as our wedding venue was one of the best decision we ever made. We looked at quite a few wedding venues in the North Shore area, but for some reasons we were not thrilled enough to go with anyone of them. When we walked through the door of the Topsfield commons and met with Frank and Kristi, we immediately knew that we found a place for our dream wedding. Frank and Kristi Martino were honest, professional and courteous in not only telling us what they have to offer, but also to deliver what we agreed with a class.

Johanna is awesome. Having her as our wedding planner was truly a blessing. She is a seasoned professional and wonderful to work with. One of the most memorable days of our life went off without a hitch because of her fantastic job.

The food was fantastic and waiting staff did a fantastic job getting everyone served. Everyone told us that they had the most fun there and that it was one of the best weddings that they have ever been to.

Frank, Kristi and Johanna have contacts with the best wedding vendors in the area. (Wedding cake, florist, photography, videography, DJ …) Simply put, you cannot get it wrong, if you listen to their recommendations.

Our wedding ceremony and reception has left us with so many wonderful memories. Our gratitude to Frank, Kristi, Johanna and the entire staff at the commons is enormous.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Excellent venue, excellent staff. I had my wedding (ceremony & reception) at the Commons and, thanks to the staff at the Commons, it was perfectly planned and executed down to the most minute details. I am a type-A worry wart but I didn't stress at all during planning or on the day of because I knew we were in such good hands. Johanna and her team consistently go above and beyond. For example, it started raining about a half hour before the ceremony and in a FLASH! Johanna had her team breaking down the outdoor ceremony and setting up a stunning ceremony space indoors. She even thought to utilize leftover flowers to line the aisle with petals (since we were planning for an outdoor ceremony I didn't have a ton of extra ceremony decor) but she made it work. I trusted Johanna and knew we had a solid back up plan in case of rain so I wasn't stressed at all about the quick shift in plans. She is resourceful, calm under pressure and is full of great ideas. Months later friends and family continue to rave about our wedding. We had the most amazing day and we have the wonderful people at the Topsfield Commons to thank for that.
Wedding: 08/01/2014

Marybeth 1 Reviews
I cannot say enough about The Commons 1854! My husband and I had already reserved a date with another venue, but I had an appt. at The Commons and it was our last venue tour/appointment scheduled- so I told my husband "let's just keep the appointment- just in case." We were greeted by Kristi Martino (who was absolutely lovely) as we stepped into the beautiful foyer where the cocktail hour/reception is held. My jaw basically dropped. The venue was absolutely stunning with so much charm and impressive architecture. The floors looked to be made of marble and there was a nice gas fireplace lit. It was just so welcoming. I couldn't believe how much character just that room had. Kristi then showed us the grand ballroom which was directly upstairs. In the ballroom there was a beautiful stage (where the DJ would set up) and there were gorgeous chandeliers hanging and I noticed that they used chiavari chairs (a must have for me!). Kristi then brought us back downstairs into one of the rooms where the bars are set up and went over some of the details of the venue and what they had to offer for meals/pricing. We also met with who would become our Wedding Coordinator that day, Johanna Esposito. She was nothing short of amazing! We were sold that day!!! I had to call my parents and tell them we were no longer going with the venue we had already booked and we just HAD to have our Wedding at The Commons!! After I met with them there wasn't any way I could even dream of having our big day anywhere else. The actual day turned out to be perfection. Everything came together better than we could have imagined. The food was delicious (and so unique)- the presentation of everything was just amazing. The staff we encountered treated us like a king and queen that day. So many of our guests told us it was the best Wedding they had been to. Johanna and Kristi as well as the rest of the staff really know how to make a bride's dream come true! They are just the very best!!
Wedding: 07/19/2014

K 2 Reviews
Perfection,.. Not just myself, that's from my guests also. The staff, food, venue, atmosphere, professionalism, very responsive, I just can't say enough. Spectatular was used by one of my guest. The weather was great that day which was the "icing on the cake". Everything was done to my specifications. I couldn't have asked for anymore.

The venue is clean and well maintained inside and out. The staff was friendly, professional, polite and very accomodating. The food was fresh, cooked to taste, and presentation was top shelf.

I would urge you to check it out for yourself. It's everything and more.
Wedding: 07/11/2014
Services Used: Catering, DJ, Officiant, Wedding Planning, Lighting & Decor, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Transportation, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Videography, Unique Services (Other)

Meghan 2 Reviews
The staff at The Commons 1854 so far exceeded our expectations. There was not a detail that they didn't cover and did everything to accommodate us and our guests on our wedding. The event was absolutely perfect and the venue is gorgeous. They are fairly priced and give you their undivided attention from the moment you book till everything is picked up after the wedding. We had friends who had recently gotten married and were engaged and they all said they couldn't believe the attention and detail from our wedding coordinator gave us, saying their venues were nothing like that. I honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about The Commons 1854.
Wedding: 06/28/2014
 978-887-4100
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire