The Commons 1854

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I would recommend having your wedding at the Commons to everyone. Their staff made our wedding day picture perfect. To start, the food is phenomenal! They had so many options to choose from and everything we picked was delicious, especially the filet! The staff couldn't have been any nicer or attentive. We had Johanna as a wedding coordinator and she was unbelievable. She is part of the reason why our day went perfectly. She was so friendly and responsive whenever we had questions leading up to our wedding day and couldn't have been more on point on the actual day. The venue is beautiful and our 125 guests fit wonderfully. We obviously loved our day, but our guests were clearly having a great time too - many of them said it was one of the best weddings they had been to! We can't imagine using another venue for our wedding and highly recommend The Commons 1854!

Erin
05/08/2015

From the moment we saw the Commons and met with the wedding coordinator to the night of our wedding we were so happy with our decision. Our wedding was at Topsfield Commons just two weeks ago. After meeting with Maura, Kristie and Johanna we confirmed our need to get married there. We mainly worked with Johanna Esposito, the General Manager and she did not miss a beat and was so enjoyable to work with. The entire staff was amazing, so friendly and attentive to us and our guests. We would highly recommend the Topsfield Commons for a variety of reasons including their responsiveness, organization, professionalism and quality of service. The food was amazing and our guests are still raving about it. The ambiance was remarkable, we are so lucky to have shared our wedding with our family and friends at the Commons.

We highly recommend The Commons to host your special day. It was truly everything that we could have hoped for and much much more!

Amanda
05/01/2015

The Commons 1854 was the perfect place for our dream wedding. We wanted timeless elegance and romance and it is BEYOND BEAUTIFUL inside! Not to mention the owners/coordinators love what they do and do it perfectly! Everything was flawless and they made the day so easy for us! People loved the food and the gorgeous setting. My bridesmaids all wanted to hire Johanna for their wedding because she was on top of everything and there was nothing she couldn't do!!! Thank you so much!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The staff at The Commons 1854 are the best at what they do! After talking with Kristi, Maura and Johanna, I knew I NEEDED to get married there. My fiancé and I had been to several weddings recently and we wanted ours to feel special. I didn't want it to be just like all the others. The staff are really detail oriented and all those little details add up to one amazing wedding!

They had recently finished some awesome renovations before our wedding and Frank (owner) gave us a tour. He was so excited as he showed us each new update around the building. He looked like a kid on Christmas morning as he held up a sample floor tile. You can tell, he really loves his job!

Johanna was great at making sure we were happy before the ceremony and during the reception. Whatever we needed, she made it happen. And with a smile on her face. She and the DJ worked well together at keeping everything running smoothly which allowed us to completely enjoy the night and not have to worry about anything.

The food was just unbelievable. None of our guests went home hungry. It was all presented so nicely too. Our guests commented on how happy and accommodating the staff serving the food were. The fact that they are all so happy to work there further proves what a great place The Commons is. Several guests told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to. My wedding was absolutely perfect. The Commons provided a great start to our happily ever after…

Private User
Recently Married

My husband and I first looked at The Commons 1854 in August of 2013, and booked the venue immediately. It was the only venue we actually looked at. From the moment we met the wonderful staff, we knew that this charming venue was going to be perfect for our big day. From the beginning, Kristi and Johanna answered any and all questions in a prompt manner. We were having a small wedding, and some venues we had spoken with seemed uninterested in hosting smaller events. This was never the case at The Commons. We felt like a priority and as if our wedding was just as important as bigger more expensive events. We loved the individual attention we received throughout the process, and felt just as important as other clients. Planning the event with Johanna was the least stressful of all the wedding planning tasks. We were also able to host our rehearsal dinner at The Commons---and it was perfect. The food was phenomenal, the service incredible, and the rehearsal professional. The night of our wedding was perfect (and if something did go wrong, I didn't know!). The ceremony was smooth, the staff did an incredible job setting everything up, our guests had a great time. The food was incredible, we are still getting compliments! I requested a different dinner than what we were serving guests and Johanna made that happen, and even wrapped my dinner as I couldn't finish it (probably because my dress was so fitted I couldn't breathe!). Johanna checked on us throughout the night to make sure we had everything we needed, and that was just so appreciated! She handled everything so perfectly, even when dealing with our very unprofessional Justice of the Peace. I highly recommend The Commons to host your special day. I wish that I could relive our experience at this incredible venue! It was everything that I could have hoped for, and more!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Jennifer
01/03/2015

I can’t begin to say enough about the venue, food and service that The Commons provides! The venue is absolutely beautiful, we just got married a few weeks ago in January it was a perfect winter wedding! We even had a little snow fall throughout the night.
Johanna is an absolutely amazing coordinator and is wonderful to work with. Your special day is just that and you want everything to be perfect and smooth and thanks to Johanna and her amazing staff it was! I want to give a special thank you to one of her staff members Rosie who always made sure that we had a drink in hand and ate during the night! During our planning Johanna was always there if we had questions and gave us great recommendations. She thinks of everything!
Throughout the night and still we have heard from our quests that the venue was just perfect and that the food was amazing! People can’t stop talking about the food especially the scallops wrap in bacon and how big they were!
From the moment that we arrived at The Commons the day of our wedding until the time we left was just perfect. I wouldn’t have changed anything; it was literally the time of our lives!! Without the help of Johanna and her staff I don’t think that I could say this. I am so happy that we chose The Commons for our wedding and I would highly highly recommend then!!!!

Ann
12/27/2014

My daughter's words to me "Mom thank you and Daddy for making my dream come true, everything I imagined my wedding to be." I thank Kristi and Johanna and say you have made my dream come true and all my expectations for the perfect wedding for my daughter. We know it's all about the bride and occasionally the groom. My family and friends as well as my husband and myself were treated like royalty by the staff. It's so nice to be Queen for a day!!!

Private User
Recently Married

My daughter's wedding day at The Topsfield Commons 1854 was superb. The bride and groom will always remember their special day as perfect. From the ceremony to last dance, the reception at the Commons met all our hopes and expectations. The event planner(s) and staff are very professional and know their business extremely well. They were very helpful with ideas and answering our many questions. The food was excellent; we heard nothing but glowing remarks from our guests. Having a DJ and photographer familiar with the Commons made the evening flow smoothly. I would recommend The Commons 1854 to couples planning their wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Julie
12/06/2014

Beautiful Venue, Amazing Staff, Delicious food, magical ambiance - our wedding on December 6th was rainy and cold but it didn't matter because once you stepped inside The Commons you felt like you were in the perfect place having the BEST time! Johanna is a wonderful woman to work with, and she planned the day of our wedding flawlessly! Thank you to her and all of The Common Employees who helped!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Wedding Planning

We had our wedding reception at The Commons on December 5th 2014. It was truly the best day of our lives. The Commons was the first place we looked at and we fell in love. We cannot say enough about our experience at The Commons. From initial meeting to wedding day, the staff specifically Johanna and Kristi were nothing but professional, helpful and kind. The customer service especially on our wedding day was beyond our expectations. The beauty of the building speaks for itself. It is elegant and classy yet comfortable and inviting. The Christmas lights and wreaths outside were a selling point for me! The food, which was absolutely delicious our guests are still complementing. Everything was simply perfect! Many thanks to Kristi, Johanna and all the staff at The Commons for all you did to make our wedding day so special!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Looking back, I cannot imagine having my wedding anywhere but The Topsfield Commons. Every detail was perfect. The food was superb, the staff was courteous and helpful the entire evening. It's over two months later and we are still receiving compliments about our perfect day. Our planner Johanna was out of this world, from start to finish she was the epitome of professional. She gets things done! There were minor bumps in the scheduling but she handled everything swiftly without evening bringing it to my attention. She even added extra time at the end of the night. The venue itself is breathtaking, the stage was perfect for the band and our guests danced their socks off all night. If you want a perfect wedding with a team who will make sure you have the most amazing and special night of your life, then definitely contact The Topsfield Commons.

joseph
11/09/2014

I don't even know where to begin. We had a lot of thought going into what we wanted for our wedding. When my Fiance saw The Commons 1854 she was hooked. Kristi and Frank were amazing from the beginning all the way to the end. People that were jovial and easy to talk to. You can see they take pride in what they do because it shows. They put us first and business second. We had our worries because we've heard horror stories from weddings at other venues. We just prayed this would just be "good" The proof was in the pudding. The guests were impressed, and that's what we wanted. All night they kept talking about how delicious the food was and that was just the cocktail hour! On and on About the scallops being huge the biggest they've ever seen. The signature drinks they made fpr us were so tasty , the entrees were portions you couldn't even imagine getting at those other venues. Right down to the espresso service and wam Chocolate chip cookies the serve at the end. This place is the real deal. Someone told my wife that evening and I quote, "this place is a gem!" The banquet staff was so friendly and down to Earth. The bartendars were nice polite and worked so hard for my guests. Not one guest had a complaint. People have been talking about it on Facebook and reaching out to us just on how amazing The Commons 1854 is. You can't beat the value it was very reasonable with today's standards and how people think things "should be" sure other venues are nice but they can't hold a candle to the way weddings are done here. It wasn't corporate feeling or cookie cutter it was personal. The respect and the honor they made us feel leaving that night was unbelievable. We were worried we couldn't pull it off. But with the help of The Commons 1854 we held our heads high and were extremely happy. This place makes you feel like family. We loved every minute of planning this wedding. Kristi and her staff made it easy and worthwhile. Its a shame it had to end.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Meeting Kristi the owner of The Commons 1854 was perfect, she explained everything in great detail of what was included in the price, showed us around and gave us many idea's and options. When we decided to go with them she send an email to 617 weddings telling chuck my DJ he had to meet me and DJ my wedding... no venue i know would go to great lenghts to do that for a bride so stressed and so scared that i would pick the wrong thing. After that i met my wedding coordinator Johanna and let me tell you how wonderful she was... i would email her past 5pm and she would get right back to me... she is so kind, and goes above and beyond her job to help brides out on their day... she even gets mud out of wedding dresses! She is a savior and all staff at the commons are so polite my friends and family couldn't belive how nice and polite and kind all the staff was.. to this day they still tell me how my wedding will be hard to top because of the venue, the food being unbelievable( their food is so good that i did not have a wedding tasting because i knew from strangers telling me how good the food was i did not need to worry and they were right!) and the service so perfect!

To all the brides if you are not sure what type of venue you want for a wedding please go meet Kristi and Johanna at The Commons I promise you will not be disappointed after meeting them!

Thank you to Johanna, Kristi, Rosie and all the staff at the commons you made my wedding perfect in every way! Never once did i worry about anything that could go wrong and because of you guys nothing did! Thank you for everything :)

Shawn
11/01/2014

We are thrilled that we had our wedding at the Commons. It was one of the first places we looked at and no other seemed compare. Kristi and Johanna were excellent and followed through on everything. On the day of the place was perfect. Set up just as we wanted. The hot appetizers were amazing the day of. We did not get to try the Mediterranean bar but our guests loved it. We received tons of compliments on the food overall. And Johanna made sure all our needs were met and went over and beyond going out In the rainstorm so we could just get a couple of pictures just with the bride and groom over at the barn. We really couldn't have asked for me and only hope to one day attend a wedding here!

Jyllian
10/18/2014

I simply cannot say enough about how amazing a wedding venue the Topsfield Commons is!! Our October 2014 wedding was truly the night of my dreams and it is in thanks to Johanna, Kristi and their teams. Not only is the venue itself unique and beautiful, the surrounding grounds, staff, food and décor are all stellar. Johanna was such an asset to me right from the beginning. She answered emails so quickly and responded to ALL my questions throughout the whole process. She truly makes you feel as if you are the only wedding on her list! The day of she was not just a venue contact, but a TRUE wedding coordinator. Everything was timed perfectly and she anticipated every need we had, at times we thought she may have the bridal suite bugged! With everything in her hands I was able to truly let go and enjoy every moment without worry (and I am a very controlling bride!) I can’t thank her enough for everything she did for us that day.
The venue is also quite flexible, making an entrée for us that was not on the menu and allowing us to be on site as needed/during the times we wanted. Just the small things that many other venues will not allow, The Commons will consider it all if it will make you happy on your day! I have heard nothing but rave reviews from my guests on the food, the staff, the grounds, the set-up… everything exceeded our expectations. The staff was so friendly and energetic, bending over backwards to do things for our guests. Even singing and dancing along to the band as they wrapped up their night!
Again, THANK YOU to The Commons for an absolutely perfect day. If you are considering The Commons I cannot push you enough… YOU WANT THIS VENUE!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had the wedding of our dreams at the Commons. The building and grounds are simply gorgeous. But the staff is what makes this a truly unique wedding venue. Kristi, Frank and Johanna truly made us feel like family! I grew up in the area, but have lived overseas for the past 6 1/2 years. When my husband and I decided to marry near my hometown, I knew it had to be exceptional and we were not disappointed. We wanted something intimate, classic, with a low-key elegance----Quintessential autumn in New England. That's exactly what we got and more!
Johanna was a lifesaver in the planning process, as I was doing it all from my Australia. She was always prompt in her email responses and was more than happy to schedule phone calls and Skype meetings in the small window of time that would work in both time zones. She was warm and welcoming to my family who went to the menu tastings in place of my husband and I. Since we couldn't meet with vendors in person, Johanna went above and beyond by recommending highly reputable DJs, florists, photographers and bake shops that work seamlessly with the Commons. I didn't have a thing to worry about---all of the details were sorted.
We didn't even see the Commons until a week before the wedding. When we saw it, it took my breath away. It was everything I ever wanted! The stunning rotunda, bridal suite, warm sitting rooms with elegant fireplaces, the upstairs ballroom and stunning windows.
The wedding day was flawless. Johanna had the details were covered. We didn't have to worry about anything. The food and beverages were top notch. Everyone just loved the bar set up outside the barn for photos and the raw bar inside. The fillet mignon melted in your mouth and our Aussie guests raved about the scallops wrapped in bacon and S'mores Bar.
Truly the best in the business! Thanks for making our wedding day special!