The Commons 1854

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Nicole 4 Reviews
If you are looking for a scenic location, professional and personable staff, and the most amazing food a venue can offer then, you need to choose The Commons 1854! I am so very happy I did! The Commons was the first and ONLY venue my husband and I looked at -there was no need to look any further. From our very first meeting with owner, Kristi we knew we were in the right spot. Through out the entire planning process both Kiristi and Johanna were there every step of the way. The responded to all my questions within a day. Johanna, the wedding coordinator, was truly amazing. I didn't worry about a thing because I knew she was on top of it. She provided helpful suggestions on the day's timeline. She provided valuable resources for writing my ceremony. Anything I needed-she did it. The day of the wedding was worry free. The staff were all smiles and very helpful. You knew they truly enjoy weddings. My friends and family raved that the food was, hands down, the best food they have had at a wedding ever (and it was)! Our big day was perfect and The Commons 1854 had a great deal to do with that!
Wedding: 10/11/2014

Private User 1 Reviews
The peolpe that worked there were great to my guest. The food was on point!!!

Laura 1 Reviews
The venue was beautiful! The food was AMAZING!
Kristi and her staff at The Commons provided us with top notch service from the time of our very first meeting right up until our wedding reception. All of our questions and concerns were addressed in a timely manner and I can honestly say that I did not worry about a single aspect of my wedding because I knew it was being handled in the best way possible.
Our expectations were exceeded in every way!
Wedding: 08/30/2014

Private User 5 Reviews
I cannot begin to express my satisfaction with this venue, I don't think there are words! They were so amazing to work with and gave my husband and I the picture perfect wedding we were looking for. Our coordinator Johanna was just an absolute dream to work with as well as the owner Kristi who was so helpful as well. The service was impeccable! While we were getting our photos done, there was Johanna following us around the property with food and drinks so we weren't starving or dying of thirst ;o)
If you're looking for a gorgeous ballroom and a staff that will have your guests raving about the service absolutely go to The Commons and visit the ladies that made our wedding dreams come true

Private User 2 Reviews
We got married on 9, 2014 at the Topsfield Commons 1854. Choosing the Commons as our wedding venue was one of the best decision we ever made. We looked at quite a few wedding venues in the North Shore area, but for some reasons we were not thrilled enough to go with anyone of them. When we walked through the door of the Topsfield commons and met with Frank and Kristi, we immediately knew that we found a place for our dream wedding. Frank and Kristi Martino were honest, professional and courteous in not only telling us what they have to offer, but also to deliver what we agreed with a class.

Johanna is awesome. Having her as our wedding planner was truly a blessing. She is a seasoned professional and wonderful to work with. One of the most memorable days of our life went off without a hitch because of her fantastic job.

The food was fantastic and waiting staff did a fantastic job getting everyone served. Everyone told us that they had the most fun there and that it was one of the best weddings that they have ever been to.

Frank, Kristi and Johanna have contacts with the best wedding vendors in the area. (Wedding cake, florist, photography, videography, DJ …) Simply put, you cannot get it wrong, if you listen to their recommendations.

Our wedding ceremony and reception has left us with so many wonderful memories. Our gratitude to Frank, Kristi, Johanna and the entire staff at the commons is enormous. Thanks, Zenebe

Marybeth 1 Reviews
I cannot say enough about The Commons 1854! My husband and I had already reserved a date with another venue, but I had an appt. at The Commons and it was our last venue tour/appointment scheduled- so I told my husband "let's just keep the appointment- just in case." We were greeted by Kristi Martino (who was absolutely lovely) as we stepped into the beautiful foyer where the cocktail hour/reception is held. My jaw basically dropped. The venue was absolutely stunning with so much charm and impressive architecture. The floors looked to be made of marble and there was a nice gas fireplace lit. It was just so welcoming. I couldn't believe how much character just that room had. Kristi then showed us the grand ballroom which was directly upstairs. In the ballroom there was a beautiful stage (where the DJ would set up) and there were gorgeous chandeliers hanging and I noticed that they used chiavari chairs (a must have for me!). Kristi then brought us back downstairs into one of the rooms where the bars are set up and went over some of the details of the venue and what they had to offer for meals/pricing. We also met with who would become our Wedding Coordinator that day, Johanna Esposito. She was nothing short of amazing! We were sold that day!!! I had to call my parents and tell them we were no longer going with the venue we had already booked and we just HAD to have our Wedding at The Commons!! After I met with them there wasn't any way I could even dream of having our big day anywhere else. The actual day turned out to be perfection. Everything came together better than we could have imagined. The food was delicious (and so unique)- the presentation of everything was just amazing. The staff we encountered treated us like a king and queen that day. So many of our guests told us it was the best Wedding they had been to. Johanna and Kristi as well as the rest of the staff really know how to make a bride's dream come true! They are just the very best!!
Wedding: 07/19/2014

K 2 Reviews
Perfection,.. Not just myself, that's from my guests also. The staff, food, venue, atmosphere, professionalism, very responsive, I just can't say enough. Spectatular was used by one of my guest. The weather was great that day which was the "icing on the cake". Everything was done to my specifications. I couldn't have asked for anymore.

The venue is clean and well maintained inside and out. The staff was friendly, professional, polite and very accomodating. The food was fresh, cooked to taste, and presentation was top shelf.

I would urge you to check it out for yourself. It's everything and more.
Wedding: 07/11/2014
Services Used: Catering, DJ, Officiant, Wedding Planning, Lighting & Decor, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Transportation, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Videography, Unique Services (Other)

Private User 2 Reviews
The best decision my husband and I made (besides deciding to get married) was to get married at The Commons. Kristi was amazing. She took all the stress away so that my husband and I could enjoy the planning process and the big day. The venue is gorgeous and the food is AMAZING. Our guests raved about the food for days! Kristi and her staff were so professional and took care of all the small details - things that I would never think about. And they extended their courtesy and professionalism to each of our guests. Our guests noticed and were so touched by Kristi and her team's professionalism and thoughtfulness. They made our day the best day ever.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Commons was the ONLY place I wanted to get married! The Commons is an amazing Venue. From our first meeting with Johanna all the way up until the day after our wedding (sniff) , Johanna and Kristi and the rest of the staff at the Commons were so helpful and exceeded all expectations we had! They are like our friends I miss them already and I want to do it again! Everyone says how stressful planning a wedding is but we never felt that we had so much fun especially with The Commons food tasting it was like a mini wedding SO MUCH FUN! The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous my family was blow away with how Elegant everything was. The food is incredible with over 90 Filet Mignon's to cook and no complaints! Our guests are STILL talking about how great the food was.
I will forever recommend people look at the Commons as their venue to get married. We absolutely loved it!
Thank you Kristi, Johanna and the team at the commons for helping to make our day perfect!
Tracy & Matt
Wedding: 05/31/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When it was time to start looking at venues, I set up appointments at different venues and began the process of seeing each one and learning about their wedding packages. I knew the Commons was beautiful based on the pictures, but seeing it in person sold it for me. I knew almost immediately it was our venue and meant to be. We had Johanna as our coordinator and she honestly is the sweetest most attentive wedding coordinator I think anyone could ever have. She really knows her stuff and makes you feel like your wedding is her #1 priority, even though you know she is also working with other brides. From the second our limo arrived for the reception, she greeted us with a smile and treated us like royalty. Formals were a breeze and she and the staff were so on point, making sure our glasses were full and whatever apps we wanted were replenished. When I saw the venue and I finally got to see my vision come together, I literally had tears of joy. It looked even more beautiful then I could've possibly imagined. Every detail we spoke about was executed so perfectly. It was beyond my wildest dreams. It's been a month since we got married and people are STILL talking about the amazing food and excellent service of Johanna and the waitstaff. I've had more of my guests tell me it was the best wedding they've ever been to, and I can truly credit the Topsfield Commons for that. I can't imagine our wedding taking place anywhere else because they made the most important night of our life so special. I truly appreciate the expertise professionalism of the Topsfield Commons. I would recommend them in a second to anyone looking for a bridal venue. You can't find a better place than here!
Wedding: 05/16/2014

Private User 1 Reviews
The common is a superb wedding venue

Richard 2 Reviews
Venue is great, only one event at a time. Kristi did an amazing job planning the event and making sure everything happened as planned. Her personal touch was much appreciated. The food was outstanding, the hors doevres never stopped coming, so much so that it was hard to eat the main course from being full. The main course was also excellent. The service was very fast and efficient, plus the staff was pleasant and eager to help. The cupcakes were outstanding. The flowers and the table decorations looked great. The DJ did a great job, everyone was up and dancing all night keeping the chandeliers swinging downstairs! We have had so many people say it was the best wedding they ever attended. We want to do it again, it was such a fun time. You should not hesitate to hold your event here. My bride said this was her dream wedding!
Wedding: 05/02/2014
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, DJ, Flowers, Photography, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Commons is just simply amazing all around. From my husband and I's first meeting with Johanna all the way up until the day after our wedding, Johanna and Kristi and the rest of the staff at the Commons were so helpful and exceeded all expectations we had! Our wedding was so beautiful and everything went so perfectly and we give 100% of the credit to Johanna and her team. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous and was the perfect setting for our winter wedding. The food is incredible and our guests are STILL talking about how great the food was and how attentive the wait staff was. I could write a book about how much we loved everything about the Commons, but words can't even truly justify it. I highly and will forever recommend people look at the Commons as their venue to get married. It has just such a romantic feel about it, and as a bonus makes for some gorgeous pictures! Especially with the up lighting!
Wedding: 01/18/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I can't say enough about how perfect our wedding day was. Our guests have not stopped raving about the food (UNREAL), the wonderful staff, and how smoothly the day went. One of my biggest concerns was the flow of things since we've all been to weddings where guests weren't sure where to move next or things went off schedule. The Commons is so well organized, all my guests made sure to mention how well the day was orchestrated. Krisi and Johanna make the planning and decision making easy, they were amazing to work with and you truly don't feel like you're just another couple coming in, but that they care about you. Johanna was there all night for us and never missed a beat, she's a rockstar! We are thrilled we chose The Commons, don't miss out!
Wedding: 01/04/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had my wedding at The Commons 1854 on November 29th! Johanna was my wedding coordinator. I had heard wonderful things about Johanna and Kristi from weddingwire and and from an old friend from high school! Both Johanna and Kristi, were amazing! Always very professional, from each of our meetings to simply responding to my e-mails so quickly. Johanna was at the wedding from beginning to end and ensured that no one had to worry about anything ( this was very important because I wanted to make sure my mom was able to enjoy the night and not be concerned about waiting on people ! ) Johanna was very upbeat, always smiling and very calm. If things were going wrong, we never knew it !
Our family is still raving about the delicious food from the cocktail hour to the three course meal. A guest even commented that they would love to come to The Commons for dinner it was that wonderful!
The service was spot on as well. The drinks and food never stopped which was very important for our Italian families!
Lastly, The Commons 1854, was the perfect setting for my winter / holiday themed wedding! It is not your typical country club setting and that was very important to me. The Commons has such charm and character from the big windows to the intricate stair cases; it is just beautiful! For my wedding, The Commons was all lit up in white lights on the exterior and the inside was very romantic with a candle light setting. It was a fairy tale wedding! I only wish it did not go by so quickly!
Wedding: 11/29/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Perfect Venue! Johanna was my coordinator but our initial meeting was with Kristi – both great Johanna was responsive and that really helped because I travel internationally 75% of the year and still had to check in with vendors and the wedding. I couldn’t attend the tasting so the now husband attended it with a friend. Unfortunately, at the tasting the tuna and the filet mignon were not available so I was a little iffy in my entrée decision. But having read great reviews about the food, we went with our choices. IT WAS AMAZING. Several guests said it was the best filet mignon they have ever had at a wedding - cooked perfectly and not dry and over cooked like most venues. The tuna was perfectly cooked. So if you are questioning the food at the Commons – never fear! I brought all my frames, place cards, menu cards, etc to rehearsal and didn't even have to direct Johanna on how to arrange it and it came out perfectly. Also, I have to add that we got married in November and New England weather is uncertain, and I really wanted to have an outside ceremony (due to popular demand, all the fall dates were booked 1.5 years in advance). Johanna kindly provided us with complimentary heat lamps for the outside ceremony in the event that I needed them. During the cocktail hour, Johanna made sure that there was food in the bridal suite for us and that we had food and everything else we needed. Johanna kept us on schedule without being overbearing. Many of my friends have gotten married this year and picked other venues (Hyatt/Tupor Manor/Saphire) but they commented that my coordinator was amazing - They asked me why she stayed the whole night. I thought that was all part of the package but I guess I got the lucky end of the stick and was blessed with Johanna and Kristi and the amazing staff. I didn't have to worry about the linens, bartenders, even chivari chairs are included. I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you so much Johanna, Kristi, and staff for a night to remember!
Wedding: 11/02/2013
 978-887-4100
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire