The Commons 1854

Value
Flexibility
Jennifer
01/03/2015

I can’t begin to say enough about the venue, food and service that The Commons provides! The venue is absolutely beautiful, we just got married a few weeks ago in January it was a perfect winter wedding! We even had a little snow fall throughout the night. Johanna is an absolutely amazing coordinator and is wonderful to work with. Your special day is just that and you want everything to be perfect and smooth and thanks to Johanna and her amazing staff it was! I want to give a special thank you to one of her staff members Rosie who always made sure that we had a drink in hand and ate during the night! During our planning Johanna was always there if we had questions and gave us great recommendations. She thinks of everything! Throughout the night and still we have heard from our quests that the venue was just perfect and that the food was amazing! People can’t stop talking about the food especially the scallops wrap in bacon and how big they were! From the moment that we arrived at The Commons the day of our wedding until the time we left was just perfect. I wouldn’t have changed anything; it was literally the time of our lives!! Without the help of Johanna and her staff I don’t think that I could say this. I am so happy that we chose The Commons for our wedding and I would highly highly recommend then!!!!

Ann
12/27/2014

My daughter's words to me "Mom thank you and Daddy for making my dream come true, everything I imagined my wedding to be." I thank Kristi and Johanna and say you have made my dream come true and all my expectations for the perfect wedding for my daughter. We know it's all about the bride and occasionally the groom. My family and friends as well as my husband and myself were treated like royalty by the staff. It's so nice to be Queen for a day!!!

Recently Married

My daughter's wedding day at The Topsfield Commons 1854 was superb. The bride and groom will always remember their special day as perfect. From the ceremony to last dance, the reception at the Commons met all our hopes and expectations. The event planner(s) and staff are very professional and know their business extremely well. They were very helpful with ideas and answering our many questions. The food was excellent; we heard nothing but glowing remarks from our guests. Having a DJ and photographer familiar with the Commons made the evening flow smoothly. I would recommend The Commons 1854 to couples planning their wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Julie
12/06/2014

Beautiful Venue, Amazing Staff, Delicious food, magical ambiance - our wedding on December 6th was rainy and cold but it didn't matter because once you stepped inside The Commons you felt like you were in the perfect place having the BEST time! Johanna is a wonderful woman to work with, and she planned the day of our wedding flawlessly! Thank you to her and all of The Common Employees who helped!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Wedding Planning

We had our wedding reception at The Commons on December 5th 2014. It was truly the best day of our lives. The Commons was the first place we looked at and we fell in love. We cannot say enough about our experience at The Commons. From initial meeting to wedding day, the staff specifically Johanna and Kristi were nothing but professional, helpful and kind. The customer service especially on our wedding day was beyond our expectations. The beauty of the building speaks for itself. It is elegant and classy yet comfortable and inviting. The Christmas lights and wreaths outside were a selling point for me! The food, which was absolutely delicious our guests are still complementing. Everything was simply perfect! Many thanks to Kristi, Johanna and all the staff at The Commons for all you did to make our wedding day so special!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Looking back, I cannot imagine having my wedding anywhere but The Topsfield Commons. Every detail was perfect. The food was superb, the staff was courteous and helpful the entire evening. It's over two months later and we are still receiving compliments about our perfect day. Our planner Johanna was out of this world, from start to finish she was the epitome of professional. She gets things done! There were minor bumps in the scheduling but she handled everything swiftly without evening bringing it to my attention. She even added extra time at the end of the night. The venue itself is breathtaking, the stage was perfect for the band and our guests danced their socks off all night. If you want a perfect wedding with a team who will make sure you have the most amazing and special night of your life, then definitely contact The Topsfield Commons.

joseph
11/09/2014

I don't even know where to begin. We had a lot of thought going into what we wanted for our wedding. When my Fiance saw The Commons 1854 she was hooked. Kristi and Frank were amazing from the beginning all the way to the end. People that were jovial and easy to talk to. You can see they take pride in what they do because it shows. They put us first and business second. We had our worries because we've heard horror stories from weddings at other venues. We just prayed this would just be "good" The proof was in the pudding. The guests were impressed, and that's what we wanted. All night they kept talking about how delicious the food was and that was just the cocktail hour! On and on About the scallops being huge the biggest they've ever seen. The signature drinks they made fpr us were so tasty , the entrees were portions you couldn't even imagine getting at those other venues. Right down to the espresso service and wam Chocolate chip cookies the serve at the end. This place is the real deal. Someone told my wife that evening and I quote, "this place is a gem!" The banquet staff was so friendly and down to Earth. The bartendars were nice polite and worked so hard for my guests. Not one guest had a complaint. People have been talking about it on Facebook and reaching out to us just on how amazing The Commons 1854 is. You can't beat the value it was very reasonable with today's standards and how people think things "should be" sure other venues are nice but they can't hold a candle to the way weddings are done here. It wasn't corporate feeling or cookie cutter it was personal. The respect and the honor they made us feel leaving that night was unbelievable. We were worried we couldn't pull it off. But with the help of The Commons 1854 we held our heads high and were extremely happy. This place makes you feel like family. We loved every minute of planning this wedding. Kristi and her staff made it easy and worthwhile. Its a shame it had to end.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Meeting Kristi the owner of The Commons 1854 was perfect, she explained everything in great detail of what was included in the price, showed us around and gave us many idea's and options. When we decided to go with them she send an email to 617 weddings telling chuck my DJ he had to meet me and DJ my wedding... no venue i know would go to great lenghts to do that for a bride so stressed and so scared that i would pick the wrong thing. After that i met my wedding coordinator Johanna and let me tell you how wonderful she was... i would email her past 5pm and she would get right back to me... she is so kind, and goes above and beyond her job to help brides out on their day... she even gets mud out of wedding dresses! She is a savior and all staff at the commons are so polite my friends and family couldn't belive how nice and polite and kind all the staff was.. to this day they still tell me how my wedding will be hard to top because of the venue, the food being unbelievable( their food is so good that i did not have a wedding tasting because i knew from strangers telling me how good the food was i did not need to worry and they were right!) and the service so perfect!

To all the brides if you are not sure what type of venue you want for a wedding please go meet Kristi and Johanna at The Commons I promise you will not be disappointed after meeting them!

Thank you to Johanna, Kristi, Rosie and all the staff at the commons you made my wedding perfect in every way! Never once did i worry about anything that could go wrong and because of you guys nothing did! Thank you for everything :)

Shawn
11/01/2014

We are thrilled that we had our wedding at the Commons. It was one of the first places we looked at and no other seemed compare. Kristi and Johanna were excellent and followed through on everything. On the day of the place was perfect. Set up just as we wanted. The hot appetizers were amazing the day of. We did not get to try the Mediterranean bar but our guests loved it. We received tons of compliments on the food overall. And Johanna made sure all our needs were met and went over and beyond going out In the rainstorm so we could just get a couple of pictures just with the bride and groom over at the barn. We really couldn't have asked for me and only hope to one day attend a wedding here!

Jyllian
10/18/2014

I simply cannot say enough about how amazing a wedding venue the Topsfield Commons is!! Our October 2014 wedding was truly the night of my dreams and it is in thanks to Johanna, Kristi and their teams. Not only is the venue itself unique and beautiful, the surrounding grounds, staff, food and décor are all stellar. Johanna was such an asset to me right from the beginning. She answered emails so quickly and responded to ALL my questions throughout the whole process. She truly makes you feel as if you are the only wedding on her list! The day of she was not just a venue contact, but a TRUE wedding coordinator. Everything was timed perfectly and she anticipated every need we had, at times we thought she may have the bridal suite bugged! With everything in her hands I was able to truly let go and enjoy every moment without worry (and I am a very controlling bride!) I can’t thank her enough for everything she did for us that day. The venue is also quite flexible, making an entrée for us that was not on the menu and allowing us to be on site as needed/during the times we wanted. Just the small things that many other venues will not allow, The Commons will consider it all if it will make you happy on your day! I have heard nothing but rave reviews from my guests on the food, the staff, the grounds, the set-up… everything exceeded our expectations. The staff was so friendly and energetic, bending over backwards to do things for our guests. Even singing and dancing along to the band as they wrapped up their night! Again, THANK YOU to The Commons for an absolutely perfect day. If you are considering The Commons I cannot push you enough… YOU WANT THIS VENUE!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had the wedding of our dreams at the Commons. The building and grounds are simply gorgeous. But the staff is what makes this a truly unique wedding venue. Kristi, Frank and Johanna truly made us feel like family! I grew up in the area, but have lived overseas for the past 6 1/2 years. When my husband and I decided to marry near my hometown, I knew it had to be exceptional and we were not disappointed. We wanted something intimate, classic, with a low-key elegance----Quintessential autumn in New England. That's exactly what we got and more! Johanna was a lifesaver in the planning process, as I was doing it all from my Australia. She was always prompt in her email responses and was more than happy to schedule phone calls and Skype meetings in the small window of time that would work in both time zones. She was warm and welcoming to my family who went to the menu tastings in place of my husband and I. Since we couldn't meet with vendors in person, Johanna went above and beyond by recommending highly reputable DJs, florists, photographers and bake shops that work seamlessly with the Commons. I didn't have a thing to worry about---all of the details were sorted. We didn't even see the Commons until a week before the wedding. When we saw it, it took my breath away. It was everything I ever wanted! The stunning rotunda, bridal suite, warm sitting rooms with elegant fireplaces, the upstairs ballroom and stunning windows. The wedding day was flawless. Johanna had the details were covered. We didn't have to worry about anything. The food and beverages were top notch. Everyone just loved the bar set up outside the barn for photos and the raw bar inside. The fillet mignon melted in your mouth and our Aussie guests raved about the scallops wrapped in bacon and S'mores Bar. Truly the best in the business! Thanks for making our wedding day special!

Nicole
10/11/2014

If you are looking for a scenic location, professional and personable staff, and the most amazing food a venue can offer then, you need to choose The Commons 1854! I am so very happy I did! The Commons was the first and ONLY venue my husband and I looked at -there was no need to look any further. From our very first meeting with owner, Kristi we knew we were in the right spot. Through out the entire planning process both Kiristi and Johanna were there every step of the way. The responded to all my questions within a day. Johanna, the wedding coordinator, was truly amazing. I didn't worry about a thing because I knew she was on top of it. She provided helpful suggestions on the day's timeline. She provided valuable resources for writing my ceremony. Anything I needed-she did it. The day of the wedding was worry free. The staff were all smiles and very helpful. You knew they truly enjoy weddings. My friends and family raved that the food was, hands down, the best food they have had at a wedding ever (and it was)! Our big day was perfect and The Commons 1854 had a great deal to do with that!

Kimberly
10/10/2014

MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE COMMONS AS A Mother of the bride was just perfect in evert way. W e could not have asked for anything more. Beautiful venue ,incredible service,delicious food.The staff truly cares about your experience being the best in every way,

Brittney
10/10/2014

From the moment my husband and I walked through the doors of the Topsfield Commons to check out this venue, we both instantly knew that this was the place we wanted to get married! The entire year of planning was so much fun! The owners are incredibly helpful and amazing! Our wedding planner, Johanna was absolutely outstanding. We could not have planned our wedding without her! She was very professional, personable and we knew we could put all of our trust into her! She was extremely thoughtful, helpful and understanding through the entire wedding process! She really catered to our needs and was there for us at any moment that we needed her! She made us feel very secure and confidant that we were going to get the wedding that we wanted! Our wedding was the best night of our lives!!! The staff was amazing! The food was excellent, every guest enjoyed the delicious appetizers, sorbet, meal choices and dessert! The entertainment and up lighting were perfect! Every single person was dancing all night long! All of our friends and family have been telling us how blown away they were with the Topsfield Commons and that this was the most fun wedding they have ever been too! We have been telling everyone about the Topsfield Commmons and highly recommend this venue for anyone getting married!! It truly was the most beautiful and incredible night! It was absolutely magical! We can't thank you enough to the owners, the staff and of course our incredible wedding planner Johanna! You guys are amazing!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Recently Married

The peolpe that worked there were great to my guest. The food was on point!!!

Recently Married

We are so incredibly blessed and happy to have had our wedding reception at the Commons! From our first visit to the end of our wedding reception, we were treated with the utmost kindness, respect and professionalism from Johanna (our amazing coordinator), Kristi and Frank (the lovely husband and wife couple who own the Commons) and the rest of the staff! They are so warm and friendly but also have such incredible knowledge and experience of how to make a wedding amazing. We were working with a budget and they helped us so much to create a wonderful experience for everyone while still staying within our budget (for example, Johanna had the great idea to repurpose our bridesmaid bouquets into decor for the wedding reception venue). They had great recommendations for other vendors. The food was absolutely delicious. And when two guests came that we weren't expecting, the staff didn't bat an eye and they handled it so quickly and professionally. They were so responsive every step of the way. Also, it is a beautiful building and our pictures are gorgeous. They also staff very well; many guests remarked on how they absolutely loved our wedding and many specifically said that we had such great service at your wedding. We originally thought the Commons was out of our price range but when we considered the cost of other locations, they didn't often include what the Commons did. Also, the wonderful quality, service, and warmth you receive at the Commons is truly worth everything, and they worked with us to keep our wedding in our budget. We read other great reviews of the Commons when we were planning our wedding and these helped us to decide to pick them...we are so glad we did! Best of luck to you if you are reading this and planning your wedding and please know that we mean every word that we loved our wedding at the Commons!