The Bernards Inn

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Bonnie and the staff at the Bernard's Inn were superbly attentive to make my wedding a smooth, beautiful, and wonderfully memorable event! My fiance and I held a small wedding celebration (40 people) to unite our East and West Coast families last weekend, and it couldn't have been more perfect! Working with the staff at BI was a very easy and enjoyable experience from start to finish. We were amazed with the attention to detail and perfection in the food at our tasting, and that level of service carried through our entire stay at the inn for our wedding weekend. My fiance and I stayed at the inn with my family from California. Our rooms were gorgeous and we have all of our needs attended to. Bonnie coordinated food so that our guests arriving later in the evenings would have a warm meal awaiting them. Our wedding day was so fabulous, I cannot even think of a single hiccup in the whole event! We had a staff member assigned to make sure that my fiance and I had food and drink at all times - and even accommodated my gluten-free diet to a T! The food was phenomenal - from the cocktail hour through the cake (which was totally gluten-free, and no one had a clue!) and desserts. We used the Bernard's Inn house florist (Jardiniere Fine Flowers), and they were absolutely lovely. Jardiniere worked with the Bernard's Inn to decorate our cake with fresh flowers, and it looked even more beautiful than the picture I had sent them! At the end of the night, Bonnie's staff made sure that all of our belongings were safely returned to our room...and left us a gorgeous display of desserts, champagne, and wedding cake. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day! I highly recommend Bernard's Inn for anyone looking for an exquisite wedding - from the planning to the final toast!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was just a fantastic venue for our Wedding. Bonnie of The Bernards Inn took care of EVERYTHING. The coordination, scheduling, tasting, and service was what you expect from such an elegant location. The ceremony was beautiful and the reception was truly outstanding. We had the reception in the Wine Pantry and Silver Vault which was so intimate and beautiful. I cannot tell you how many guests commented on how this was the best wedding they have ever been at. The presentation from the cocktail hour to the meals was flawless. We had 3 choices for a main course and all were made to perfection and plated beautifully. The whole staff could not have been nicer and hugs and kisses to Bonnie who made this day a beautiful memory.

01/01/2015

Bonnie is amazing! The staff is second to none. The venue was beautiful and food out of this world. We will be back and will make this an anniversary tradition. With the wedding ceremony venue, cocktail hour room, dinner space, breakfast buffet next day, rooms, etc... This was a bargain and came out beyond our wildest dreams.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake

1 word - AMAZING
Staff was top notch. Service was wonderful. The bridal assistant I was 'assigned' for the day was great, Rosanna was at my side and ready with whatever I needed (sometimes even before I knew I needed it!). The general staff that served, bar tended, and handed check in was fantastic! All of our guests commented on the service and attention to detail throughout the wedding (ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and farewell brunch the next morning!).

And the food.... DELICIOUS. Their food definitely lives up to the reputation. Served hot, fresh and seasonal, beautiful to the eye! Shout out to Liz (pastry chef) who made our BEYOND fresh and delicious almond cheesecake, 4 tier, beautifully unique black and white split fondant wedding cake. And the talk of the reception was the grooms cake, stealing the night - which was a dead wringer for Hooters Chicken wings ... no one could believe it was a cake!!

We worked closely with Bonnie for a few months prior to ensure every detail was perfect. She and her team were flexible and had some great ideas and suggestions to take what we wanted to the next level with their experience and execution. (like the cup cake decorating bar for the kids during dessert!)

Drinks flowed all night - table service was great. We even had a sick guest and the staff brought him dinner in his room!

THANK YOU to the whole staff - top notch all the way from food to service to proactive communication and responsiveness prior to the day of the event. Rooms were clean, charming, and ready earlier than anticipated for guest check in as well.

If i had to do it again I would do it exactly the same way .... at the Bernards Inn

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at the Bernard's Inn was completely perfect! Bonnie was our catering manager and she was responsive and professional throughout the planning process. The food was amazing at our wedding and our guests all raved about the food from cocktail hours all the way through the cake. The inn has a wonderful decor and charm which enhanced the romantic feel I wanted for our ceremony and reception.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't give this place enough praise! Bonnie made the process of planning the reception and ceremony at the Bernards Inn very easy. Every detail was accounted for to make sure the day of our wedding went smoothly! And it did! Bonnie and her staff were extremely helpful and professional. They made sure we were taken care of from the beginning of the evening to the end. Food from the cocktail hour was brought to us in our suite. We had drinks waiting for us in our suite. They did an amazing job to make sure we all had a great time.

We didn't get to spend much time at the cocktail hour, but from what our guests tell us, they were very impressed. Food was in abundance and their glasses were never empty! The food was of high quality. They add class and a little twist which we loved.

The venue itself has a lot of charm. We fell in love with the area downstairs where we held the cocktail hour and the breakfast. They did a great job decorating the main room for both the ceremony and the reception.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake

Our wedding was at The Bernards Inn on 10/5/14 . I could not be more pleased with how perfectly everything went and the superior service provided. The food was incredibly delicious (our guests are still complimenting it!) and our cake/desserts were perfect! Bonnie was our contact and was incredible to work with. She had amazing ideas and was a great help in making sure our wedding turned out perfectly (and it did!) The other staff were wonderfully attentive. The Bernards Inn goes over the top to ensure a great experience for the bride, groom, and all the guests. I more than highly recommend this venue! You more than get what you pay for at The Bernards Inn. Amazing, simply amazing!

Recently Married

I wish I could give them 10 stars! I felt like a queen and was treated like royalty throughout my entire wedding process! Cannot wait to go back there for dinner and drinks on our one year anniversary!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The easiest and quickest decision I made for my wedding was in choosing The Bernards Inn for the ceremony and reception venue (and food). The planning process with the inn and the wedding day exceeded my expectations for my dream wedding. Yes, it was more than I wanted to spend but looking back, I can confidently say that it was so worth it. The professionalism and friendliness of the staff, particularly of Jessica Quesada the Catering Sales Manager we worked with, was exceptional. Jessica answered all of my Type A questions promptly with grace and kindness. Every little detail I was worried about was addressed and executed perfectly. Our guests raved about the delicious food and attentive wait staff. The romantic inn perfectly suited the vintage and classy vibe I was going for (which proved to be a bit difficult to find in NJ). My only regret is that I did not eat more of the delicious food at the wedding and at the wonderful brunch at the inn the day after! Highly recommend the Bernards Inn!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just had our wedding at The Bernards Inn on 9/26/14 . Everything was absolutely perfect thanks to the amazing staff at the inn. Bonnie was an amazing planner and coordinator and helped us to prepare , and Joseph. Helped to make sure our wedding played out perfectly that night. The chef and pastry chef helped to make our night more special by preparing special ethnic foods and desserts that we requested. Everything they made was just amazing ! The service was perfect and staff was very attentive. We received compliment after compliment about our wedding .... Thanks to everyone who helped make this a memorable day!

I am so happy that we chose to have our wedding at the Bernards Inn. Everything about our wedding was perfect and everyone is still raving about the food.

I highly recommend working with Jessica Quesada. We had our ceremony at the Bernards Inn and got ready there as well. She worked continuously that day to make sure that every aspect of our wedding went smoothly She was also a pleasure to work with.

I also absolutely loved my Bridal attendant Rosanna. She made sure that every need was met and she managed to make sure that I had a chance to eat!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Bernards inn was absolutely amazing. The venue and it's staff provide the most elegant wedding. This is not your typical catering hall. It's food is exceptional and has a modern but traditional taste. They were very accommodating to all our needs and wants and went above and beyond. Bonnie was great to work with and made sure every detail was taken care of for the evening. Our Maitre'D was also great. He kept us informed throughout the evening and made sure all our needs and the needs of our guests were taken care of.

Erica
06/28/2014

WeddingWire cut my review short due to character allotment. Check out my full blog review here: F2KM1N

I cannot recommend the Bernards Inn enough. If you're a bride wondering where to host your event, and you're having a more intimate ceremony/reception like we did, then look no further! The Bernards Inn is PERFECTION.

We began planning this wedding shortly after my (now) husband proposed to me on January 1 of this year. Since I've been waiting my entire life to find "The One" and tie the knot, I didn't want to drag out our engagement. I decided June 28th would be the day to make it official. After considering alternate venues, debating elopement, and dealing with all the typical drama wedding preparation entails, we visited the Bernards Inn and fell in love.

I knew it was going to be "the" venue after reviewing the images of The Silver Vault online. I had a vision of how I wanted my wedding to be (I'd bought all sorts of vintage antiques and I created my own table decorations -- twine-wrapped bottles, etc. -- for that sort of shabby-chic look. Our initial wedding planner, Carrie, was kind and courteous and very friendly. She assisted us through all the initial hurdles of wedding preparation. My parents, fiance, and I were very impressed...

1+ year ago

Amazing venue ! Phenomenal cuisine with a beautiful presentation! From day 1 in planning our wedding, Bonnie Schleimer was so great to work with (along with Stacey Sainato from Peony Events), and she made our planning process seemless! Overall the service was excellent and worth every dollar (which by the way was much more reasonable than I anticipated). Highly recommend for any occasions! Thank you Bonnie!

Candace
1 Review
12/28/2013

We just celebrated our daughter's wedding at The Bernard's Inn last weekend. From planning to execution, the entire experience was perfect. Diane Carr, the General Manager, patiently walked us through the process and left no stone unturned and even threw in some elegant surprises for the bride and groom. The food including the cake were exceptional. Every single staff person was smiling, professional, polite, kind and unobtrusive, attending to our every need. The Inn was beautifully decorated for Christmas and the roaring fire in the lobby just added to the ambiance. Many of our guests stayed at the Inn for the weekend and enjoyed the beautifully appointed rooms and luxury linens. What a wonderful memory!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Ali
1 Review
10/26/2013

So low stress, beautiful, on point, fantastic.