The Bernards Inn

(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding at the Bernard's Inn was completely perfect! Bonnie was our catering manager and she was responsive and professional throughout the planning process. The food was amazing at our wedding and our guests all raved about the food from cocktail hours all the way through the cake. The inn has a wonderful decor and charm which enhanced the romantic feel I wanted for our ceremony and reception.

• Wedding: 11/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't give this place enough praise! Bonnie made the process of planning the reception and ceremony at the Bernards Inn very easy. Every detail was accounted for to make sure the day of our wedding went smoothly! And it did! Bonnie and her staff were extremely helpful and professional. They made sure we were taken care of from the beginning of the evening to the end. Food from the cocktail hour was brought to us in our suite. We had drinks waiting for us in our suite. They did an amazing job to make sure we all had a great time.

We didn't get to spend much time at the cocktail hour, but from what our guests tell us, they were very impressed. Food was in abundance and their glasses were never empty! The food was of high quality. They add class and a little twist which we loved.

The venue itself has a lot of charm. We fell in love with the area downstairs where we held the cocktail hour and the breakfast. They did a great job decorating the main room for both the ceremony and the reception.

• Wedding: 10/10/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding was at The Bernards Inn on 10/5/14 . I could not be more pleased with how perfectly everything went and the superior service provided. The food was incredibly delicious (our guests are still complimenting it!) and our cake/desserts were perfect! Bonnie was our contact and was incredible to work with. She had amazing ideas and was a great help in making sure our wedding turned out perfectly (and it did!) The other staff were wonderfully attentive. The Bernards Inn goes over the top to ensure a great experience for the bride, groom, and all the guests. I more than highly recommend this venue! You more than get what you pay for at The Bernards Inn. Amazing, simply amazing!

• Wedding: 10/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I wish I could give them 10 stars! I felt like a queen and was treated like royalty throughout my entire wedding process! Cannot wait to go back there for dinner and drinks on our one year anniversary!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The easiest and quickest decision I made for my wedding was in choosing The Bernards Inn for the ceremony and reception venue (and food). The planning process with the inn and the wedding day exceeded my expectations for my dream wedding. Yes, it was more than I wanted to spend but looking back, I can confidently say that it was so worth it. The professionalism and friendliness of the staff, particularly of Jessica Quesada the Catering Sales Manager we worked with, was exceptional. Jessica answered all of my Type A questions promptly with grace and kindness. Every little detail I was worried about was addressed and executed perfectly. Our guests raved about the delicious food and attentive wait staff. The romantic inn perfectly suited the vintage and classy vibe I was going for (which proved to be a bit difficult to find in NJ). My only regret is that I did not eat more of the delicious food at the wedding and at the wonderful brunch at the inn the day after! Highly recommend the Bernards Inn!!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We just had our wedding at The Bernards Inn on 9/26/14 . Everything was absolutely perfect thanks to the amazing staff at the inn. Bonnie was an amazing planner and coordinator and helped us to prepare , and Joseph. Helped to make sure our wedding played out perfectly that night. The chef and pastry chef helped to make our night more special by preparing special ethnic foods and desserts that we requested. Everything they made was just amazing ! The service was perfect and staff was very attentive. We received compliment after compliment about our wedding .... Thanks to everyone who helped make this a memorable day!

• Wedding: 09/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am so happy that we chose to have our wedding at the Bernards Inn. Everything about our wedding was perfect and everyone is still raving about the food.

I highly recommend working with Jessica Quesada. We had our ceremony at the Bernards Inn and got ready there as well. She worked continuously that day to make sure that every aspect of our wedding went smoothly She was also a pleasure to work with.

I also absolutely loved my Bridal attendant Rosanna. She made sure that every need was met and she managed to make sure that I had a chance to eat!!!

• Wedding: 08/29/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Bernards inn was absolutely amazing. The venue and it's staff provide the most elegant wedding. This is not your typical catering hall. It's food is exceptional and has a modern but traditional taste. They were very accommodating to all our needs and wants and went above and beyond. Bonnie was great to work with and made sure every detail was taken care of for the evening. Our Maitre'D was also great. He kept us informed throughout the evening and made sure all our needs and the needs of our guests were taken care of.

• Wedding: 06/29/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

WeddingWire cut my review short due to character allotment. Check out my full blog review here: F2KM1N

I cannot recommend the Bernards Inn enough. If you're a bride wondering where to host your event, and you're having a more intimate ceremony/reception like we did, then look no further! The Bernards Inn is PERFECTION.

We began planning this wedding shortly after my (now) husband proposed to me on January 1 of this year. Since I've been waiting my entire life to find "The One" and tie the knot, I didn't want to drag out our engagement. I decided June 28th would be the day to make it official. After considering alternate venues, debating elopement, and dealing with all the typical drama wedding preparation entails, we visited the Bernards Inn and fell in love.

I knew it was going to be "the" venue after reviewing the images of The Silver Vault online. I had a vision of how I wanted my wedding to be (I'd bought all sorts of vintage antiques and I created my own table decorations -- twine-wrapped bottles, etc. -- for that sort of shabby-chic look. Our initial wedding planner, Carrie, was kind and courteous and very friendly. She assisted us through all the initial hurdles of wedding preparation. My parents, fiance, and I were very impressed...

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
Erica
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing venue ! Phenomenal cuisine with a beautiful presentation! From day 1 in planning our wedding, Bonnie Schleimer was so great to work with (along with Stacey Sainato from Peony Events), and she made our planning process seemless! Overall the service was excellent and worth every dollar (which by the way was much more reasonable than I anticipated). Highly recommend for any occasions! Thank you Bonnie!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We just celebrated our daughter's wedding at The Bernard's Inn last weekend. From planning to execution, the entire experience was perfect. Diane Carr, the General Manager, patiently walked us through the process and left no stone unturned and even threw in some elegant surprises for the bride and groom. The food including the cake were exceptional. Every single staff person was smiling, professional, polite, kind and unobtrusive, attending to our every need. The Inn was beautifully decorated for Christmas and the roaring fire in the lobby just added to the ambiance. Many of our guests stayed at the Inn for the weekend and enjoyed the beautifully appointed rooms and luxury linens. What a wonderful memory!

• Wedding: 12/28/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Candace
  • Flexibility: 5.0

So low stress, beautiful, on point, fantastic.

• Wedding: 10/26/2013
Ali
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hosted the rehearsal dinner for my son and his bride at
the Bernard's Inn Silver Vault & Wine Cellar - which is a beautiful, elegant setting and we couldn't have been more pleased. The staff was professional and did everything to make our special evening run smoothly. I can't say enough about the food - it was delicious and wonderfully presented and the chef even accomodated us by adding several seasonal selections for our menu choice. We now have a truly wonderful family memory!!

• Wedding: 08/29/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I loved every second of our July wedding at the Bernards Inn. Bonnie and her team did a wonderful job! All of my questions were answered in a timely manner and day-of coordination was seamless. My guests are still raving about the food two months later!

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bonnie and her team at Bernards Inn gave me a perfect wedding night. All of the staff were so helpful and kind throughout the night. The food was amazing!!! And my cake could not have been more perfect!

• Wedding: 06/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a wonderful wedding at The Bernards Inn. The food was spectacular and the service was impeccable. The planning process was very low-stress, in part due to Diane Carr's high level of experience and professionalism.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
908-766-0002
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards