The Arbors Events

The Arbors Events

Favorite
Cleveland, NC
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

From the moment we seen the ceremony/reception spots and also the amazing grounds we fell in love and knew that The Arbors would be our wedding venue. Everything at The Arbors was perfect for what we were looking for. The bridal suite is awesome and big enough for a good size bridal party to get ready in. We chose the pavilion site to have a ceremony and reception and I loved that fact that you get a choice of two ceremony spots. We chose the lower site and the walk from the building down there is awesome! The only negative comment I have is that the day of our wedding someone on staff was supposed to come down and light the outside fire pits after the ceremony for the reception and we never saw anyone from the staff that day until the end of the reception when the lady came to lock it up. Otherwise everything else was perfect.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Arbors was the absolute dream venue for our wedding and working with Brian and Brandy for the coordination services was fantastic. They made every effort to make sure our wedding weekend was perfect and it was! The venue is just gorgeous and all of our guests can't stop talking about how great our venue was. Memories for the rest of our lives were made here and we couldn't recommend it more highly!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

From the moment we toured the Arbors we knew this was the venue for us…compared to all the other venues in the area The Arbors is THE BEST. We loved the vibe and the landscape. It was perfect for us. Brandy was super helpful the whole way through and got back to me very quickly anytime I had a request. I’d read some other reviews that said they weren’t accommodating, but they went above and beyond to accommodate anything we asked for. Our guests kept raving about how beautiful the venue was and we couldn’t agree more. Would highly recommend having your wedding here. It was fantastic.

4.7

The Arbors Events is an absolutely stunning place to have an outside wedding. The grounds are beautiful and there a several different locations on the land that you can have the ceremony. If the weather does not permit an outside wedding the inside is beautiful to hold both the ceremony/reception. Plenty of space for dinner and dancing.

Recently Married

My new husband and I just got married at The Arbors and they gave us the wedding of our dreams! Even though the weather didn't cooperate with us, Brandy made sure that we still had a wonderful night. Throughout the night, we received compliments from our guests on how beautiful the venue was and how smoothly everything ran. We could not have asked for a more perfect night! I would highly recommend this venue! The landscape is beautiful!

Little Miss
02/14/2015

Just in the beginning stages of wedding planning and Brandy has already been so professional and is going above and beyond to help my fiancee and I have our dream wedding.

The venue is everything I've ever wanted and more. I can't wait to marry the man of my dreams on 2/14/15.

Services Used: Dress & Attire, Favors & Gifts, Invitations, Party Supplies, Wedding Planning

From the moment we walked into the Arbors, we knew this venue was perfect for us. We looked at other amazing venues, but really, the Arbors felt like home! Brandy (the coordinator) and Brian (the owner) were simply wonderful and so helpful. Initially, I was a little concerned that we were required to choose one of their preferred caterers, but OH MY GOODNESS, it turned out perfect. The preferred vendors were obviously chosen because they are the best, and they had a very reasonable price range and were SO accommodating and easy to work with! Seriously! I highly recommend meeting the vendors ahead of time if you are able to attend an open house at the Arbors. That is how we chose our photographer (Emby Taylor) as well as our baker (Karen's Cakes) and caterer (LKN Weddings). Every single thing was perfect, every vendor was spot on, and Brandy was soooooo flexible in what I needed/didn't need her to do. The venue itself was MAGICAL. No, seriously. You have to see this place in person. It will blow your mind. It was incredibly romantic and being able to stay at the house on site was just about the best thing ever. It made for a very relaxed experience and it really and truly felt like home for those two days. My heart was happy, our wedding was beautiful, the reception was so much fun, and my husband and I (and our guests!) have the best memories you could possibly have. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. Choose the Arbors. You'll be so glad you did!

1.1

Classless! Late on Set Up Time ( Violated Contract) was rude! But if we were oustide of contract they screamed we violated contract! Double Standard. Site was beautiful but event coordinator childish brat.

The Arbors Events responded with the following comments:

What a disappointment to hear this. Our contract states that our clients are allowed ACCESS to their rented site at 10 am. It does not state that setup will be completed at this time however we do try our best to have our venues setup prior to client's arrival. Because we had to breakdown and clean after prior night's event our staff was a little behind. This particular client was given access at the contracted time and our crew finished their setup within 22 minutes of their arrival. The client was absurdly irate about something that most clients would shrug off on such a joyous day. In speaking with other vendors who worked with this client we found that we were not the only vendor who had similar unreasonable interactions and requests. We do our best to try to calm our clients when the wedding day can become too stressful however we do defend ourselves and our business when clients become disrespectful and rude.

Josh
05/25/2014

Awesome venue with lots of love in all the construction and design details. Fantastic team there, and a flexible space, rain or shine. I highly recommend it and am considering making it a regular destination even if I'm driving regularly from Connecticut to North Carolina to get there! Worth the trip.

1+ year ago

This venue was absolutely perfect for us! This was the one and only place we visited. It had the perfect "rustic elegance" vibe we were going for. The stonework on the house and in the reception hall, the landscaping, and the views overlooking the pond are incredible. I had 135 people attend and everyone comfortably fit in the reception hall on the main site with a dance floor.
Brandy was very nice and wonderful to work with. The only negative is that we couldn't use sparklers. It was a bit over my budget, but TOTALLY worth every penny! If I had it to do over I would choose The Arbors every time!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the time we laid eyes on The Arbors we just knew we would find no place like it. It gave us both the rustic and classy feel that we wanted while still offering an outdoor and indoor setting.
Both sites were amazing, but for our smaller wedding we decided on the Pavilion which is the smaller of the two sites at their facility. We loved the intimacy and the openness of the building itself. The Pavilion gave us the choice of two ceremony sites (plus the option to use the inside in the event of rain) which turned out to be such a blessing considering the torrential downpours and tornado warnings the day before our wedding. Since our original site was still too wet the staff was able to adjust us to the other site with no problem and it was amazing.
The landscaping and facility where absolutely perfect and the quiet serenity is something that many sites in the area did not offer.
The staff (both Brian and Brandy) went out of their way to answer all our questions (and believe me there were many). Everyone was kind, professional and eager to help make our day the best it could be. We really could not have been happier with the location and the staff. I cannot say enough good things.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved the location at The Arbors Events. The site is absolutely beautiful if you want an outdoor wedding! The staff is very nice, helpful and professional. The only reason I did not give this 5 stars for quality is because the table linens were wrinkled when they were put on the tables and I was not aware it was our responsibility to steam them. Thank goodness we had a steamer and my planner and her assistant were able to quickly steam the linens prior to the ceremony and reception. Someone from one of their catering vendors was also quite rude to me and not easy to work with (Visions catering) therefore I provided a 4.5 in professionalism only because the caterers were pre-approved by Arbors and there was not much of a wide selection.

1+ year ago

The Arbor's is a wonderful venue! It's absolutely beautiful! Be careful when setting your budget, because things will slip up on you. (Ex: chairs are 3$ a piece) The extra things you have to pay for are pricey. The venue itself is expensive, so the "extras" should be included. Other than that, everything was perfect. Brandy is very helpful and will always answer your questions! I would definitely recommend The Arbors! :)

The Arbors Events responded with the following comments:

We are excited to hear your wedding day was an overall success with us! We do want to explain a little further about your comment regarding chairs. All additional costs are outlined in our contracts with clients. Often clients "forget" about these costs until they are needed. We set all of our packages for a guest count of 100. We have found this is our average wedding size and in an effort to not penalize clients wanting a more intimate affair of under 100 guests we do charge for additional rental equipment needed to host an event with over 100 guests. It simply cost us more to host an event of 150-200 than it does to host one with only 100 guests and we have to charge a little more in order to do so. Thank you for your patronage with The Arbors Events and we hope that you will continue to spread the word about our beautiful property!

3.5

We had our wedding in the main house in front of the lake, rented out for a weekend. Everything went smoothly and the Arbors overall is a nice place to have a wedding. The property is beautiful and really sets the scene for any wedding.

Good things-
- Beautiful venue, nice landscaping
- Plenty of space for guests to mingle inside or outside
- Quiet, peaceful location (perfect for a wedding ceremony!)
- The main house comes with a kitchen and refrigerator for making breakfast! (bring your own ice)
- Games are available for guests downstairs, which was great to entertain people while we were getting ready
- Staff was professional and the process was relatively hassle-free.

A few things we didn't really like:
- We had helpers willing to carry the chairs from the ceremony outside to the reception inside. We were told we couldn't do this because they "store the chairs differently". When I spoke with the staff I was told to read my contract in a passive aggressive tone. The contract does not mention anything about storing the chairs differently. This is absolutely a last-minute hidden cost for those that wish to have an outdoor ceremony. This added about $300 to the final cost (on top of the $11,000 already paid for the venue and other add-on items).
-There was a standard $380 cleaning fee, but be prepared to go through a lengthy checklist to clean out the place before you leave early Sunday morning.

Overall, we had a great time and really enjoyed having our wedding here. We appreciate the Arbors staff for supporting our vendors that led to a smooth and painless wedding.

Aubrey
02/22/2014

They made the wedding planning process easy! Communicated when you needed them and very professional.

Jordan
11/02/2013

The Arbors Events is such a beautiful venue. We were very pleased with everything that The Arbors provided. Brandy is wonderful and very helpful with any questions you have.