Stella Nova Spa Salon

Stella Nova Spa Salon

292 King Street
Charleston, SC 29401 | map
Services: Facial, Hair, Hair Removal, Makeup, Manicure / Pedic...
Consultations: Yes

Value:
(4.3 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The staff at Stella nova was exceptional. I dealt with Anna H, who was so sweet and accommodating to the several changes I made to my day of hair/make up plans. When we got there, Ginger did an amazing job setting my hair and the make up artists who did my girls made them look gorgeous! I was nervous sitting down to get my face done, because I have never really been happy with how someone does my make up. But my artist was incredible. When I showed her a picture of what I wanted (soft romantic pink palette... I am fair skinned with dark auburn/brown hair) she said "don't worry girl, what you want is what I specialize in." She also didn't disappoint, I felt gorgeous leaving the salon. She did exactly what I wanted and even gave me some quick tips on how to touch up throughout the day. Could not have been happier with the services we received! Thank you ladies!!!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are getting married in Charleston, please get Madison Hughes at Stella Nova in downtown do your hair and make up. She is truly talented!!!

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Charlotte was fantastic! She listened to what I wanted and created the perfect look for me! She was so sweet and calming for an anxious bride!!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Profile Picture
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough good things about Stella Nova's Bridal Suite and staff. Jessica, who coordinated the day for us, was fantastic. Our party was running late, but still had hair and makeup for 11 done in t be happier with my hair and makeup, I know my bridal party and Mom felt the same way. I highly recommend Stella Nova and the Bridal Suite.

• Wedding: 04/20/2013
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Merit Sander did my make-up for my wedding day, and Bridgett was my hair stylist. Both provided outstanding service. They did exactly what I wanted and my pictures turned out beautiful thanks to them!

• Wedding: 04/03/2013
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my trial run and day of hair done at the Mt. Pleasant salon. It looked wonderful! My hair stylist was very down to earth and kept me stress free for my big day. Everyone at my wedding commented that despite all my dancing, my hair stay exactly in place!

• Wedding: 11/06/2011
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my hair and makeup done by Madison LaCroy at the Stella Nova in West Ashley. I went for a trial, bridal shots, and the day of. Madison is awesome! She is young and cute and really talented! I had an idea of what I wanted but couldn't quite verbalize it, so I showed Madison a picture or two and she worked her magic. I coudn't have been happier with the style. It was exactly what I wanted! Be aware that she does not do your hair as secure for bridal shots as she will for the wedding day.
Makeup was awesome too! One day I asked to try airbrush makeup, so she ran home to get the system! I ended up going back to Bare Minerals, and was very satisfied. I wish Madison could do my hair/makeup everyday!
Two other stylists did hair for my mom and bridesmaid, but I do not know their names.
Overall, I am very pleased with their work, though it is a bit pricey. I will definitely go back for any other events.

• Wedding: 06/04/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We rented the Bridal Suite downtown. Great experience. Quiet, calm, peaceful for the day of. Worked with Jessica. She was SUPER nice and helpful. She was very flexible coordinating all of the services me and my bridesmaids were having done.

This is the perfect thing to do on your wedding day.

• Wedding: 05/14/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was most nervous about my hair and makeup looking good, and I LOVED it! The staff was fun and relaxed and my whole wedding party had a blast getting ready there!

• Wedding: 04/30/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my hair and makeup done at Stella-Nova salon in downtown Charleston. Such a friendly staff, and a gorgeous job!!!! I described my dress, and they did my hair perfectly, I didn't even bring in a picture. Such great girls there! I recommend 100%

• Wedding: 04/23/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I contacted Stella Nova in reference to getting my make up done for my wedding--after contacting about 10 other places. I wanted the best and I got the best! I worked with Kindall who was professional, knowledgeable and so much fun to be around. Kindall and I met once to discuss what I was looking for in make up. I didn't have time to do a trial run, but I trusted Kindall and felt very confident that it wouldn't be necessary.

On the day of, Kindall was already at Charleston Place set up and getting ready. We put on some 90's music and we all sang and had a grew time! Kindall knew what colors looked best on each girl.

She was so great! I would use Kindall again for makeup application for my next event. Rock on!

• Wedding: 02/12/2011
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Stella Nova was great. My hair stylist canceled 15 minutes before my appointment on the day of my wedding and Stella Nova fit me in for an immediate appointment. She did a great job and made me feel beautiful on my big day!

• Wedding: 06/26/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The bridal suite at Stella Nova's downtown spa was the perfect place for my bridesmaids, mothers, and me to get ready before the ceremony! They gave us a private room for us to relax in with mimosas, fruit, and finger sandwiches while we got our hair, makeup, and nails done. The girls there were great - highly recommend to any bride looking for a relaxing place to get ready before her ceremony. Definitely helped lessen the stress of that day!

• Wedding: 05/15/2010
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I got my hair and makeup done at the Stella Nova at Towne Center with my mom and my two maids of honor. My hairstylist did an AMAZING job on my hair. I brought in pictures of what I wanted and showed her, and although she didn't copy the pictures exactly, she made me hair look even better than the pictures! The woman who did my makeup had to redo it a few times because I didn't like the way my eyes looked. However, after I told her exactly what I wanted, she was able to make me look good! One of my maids of honor didn't like her hair and ended up redoing it back at the hotel. I think my hair was worth the value but I'm not sure my mom and maids of honors got enough for their money.

• Wedding: 05/29/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my hair and makeup done here and they did a wonderful job. I went to the Stella Nova in the Town Center. Casey Ely did my hair and suggested to try something that I wasn't sure I would like, but I LOVED it! She really did a great job! I loved my makeup too...again I wouldn't have picked those colors for myself but I ended up really loving it! These lady's did a wonderful job!

• Wedding: 05/09/2009
4.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They did a great job! I feel like I paid more that what it was worth...but you only get married once.

• Wedding: 06/28/2008
800-577-6682
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7