Southern Oaks Plantation

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

There are no words to convey how perfect my wedding was at Southern Oaks. Our ceremony took place this past Sunday (April 12, 2015), and even though we couldn’t stick to our original plan due to rain, I wouldn’t have changed a thing. Mr. Bobby and his staff made sure they did everything possible to still give my new husband and me the most magical experience ever. They went above and beyond! The inside ceremony space was simply breathtaking. They even surprised us with fireworks since we couldn’t do the horse and carriage! Miss Stacey was the perfect hostess and made sure everything flowed from one event to the other seamlessly. Our friends and family were blown away by every detail. We have received countless compliments on how amazing the food was, how unique the reception was, and how it was all around the best wedding they have ever been to. I can honestly say it was the best day ever, and I am so grateful for Southern Oaks and their staff for making it possible.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I could go on forever about how amazing Southern Oaks Plantation was for our wedding his past Friday but I don't think I have enough space here. Our wedding was amazing and the staff and owners at Southern Oaks made sure that it turned out perfect. The venue is beautiful, the food was amazing, the staff were so kind and caring, the attendants for the couple and their family made sure we always were taken care of, Mr. Asaro was just great, and it even defied the weather and didn't rain!! Our ceremony was so beautiful I'm still thinking about it a week later. Southern Oaks makes sure that everything is taken care of and helps you along the way to make sure you have the wedding you have always dreamed of. I know I bombarded them with emails the few weeks before the wedding but they were there to answer all of my questions, and I had a lot! They know how to have a great wedding and since all they do are weddings trust me when I say they are really amazing weddings!! I just can't say enough how beautiful and perfect our wedding night was and my only piece of advice to newly engaged couples who want to get married in New Orleans is come to Southern Oaks Plantation and make sure to have it at night!! You can't beat the lighting at SOP, our wedding was right as the sunset and the lights were beautiful and I felt like I was in a fairy tale.

Thank you so much Southern Oaks.

Recently Married

Wow, wow, WOW! I am so happy that I found this place for my wedding day. Everything went perfectly. Everyone was so kind and welcoming. The food was amazing. It's almost been a month since my wedding and people are still talking about how amazing it was. This is the place to go if you want a perfect wedding!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you want your wedding to be perfect, book it at Southern Oaks. The venue is gorgeous. It is the most elegant and classy looking place you could ever hope for. The entire staff is incredible. Their goal is making sure your wedding and reception are perfect. If you have a favorite drink, they make sure your hand is never empty. Kim walked us through our rehearsal and made sure everything was planned out in advance down to the smallest detail. She, Lauren, Bobby, and everyone else at Southern Oaks gave us everything we needed before we even knew we needed it. The staff even threw in a few complementary surprises for us. I told them at the end of the night that I would rate them an 11/10 and they truly deserve it. The food, which was plentiful, is delicious. The dj was great and played all the right songs at all the right moments. The reception area is huge and open, with plenty of seating and a big dance floor. The attention to detail is simply stunning. This place is perfect.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not think of any place better to get married then Southern Oaks Plantation. The yard, features, building, stable for the horses, pool and decor were absolutley amazing and beautiful. The staff who assisted us on our wedding day were so professional and curtious and attended to our every desire. The wedding ran smoothly with absolutely no hiccups and the feeling the staff give you while there is that even if there was, they would have it under control. They suprised us with a couple of things which made the day even more special then it already was. Coming from Australia to this venue and only looking at it through a computer beforehand, don't do the venue justice. It is breathtaking. If I could get married any where in the world again it would be at Southern Oaks Plantation.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)
kkmmwedding
10/19/2014

I don't have enough time to sufficiently explain how amazing Southern Oaks is. They were immediately responsive to every question and email.

I would especially recommend this venue if you're an out-of-town bride. They provide the DJ, caterer, table/linen rentals, and day-of coordinators. Everyone I worked with was extraordinarily professional and easy to work with. Everything I wanted, they made happen. All of my guests told me that this was the best wedding they'd ever attended and they'd never had better food.

You will NOT regret choosing this venue for your wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Words cannot even begin to express how great Southern Oaks was for our wedding!! The venue was more magical than I could have ever imagined for our special day!! The staff was great and took so much stress off of us during the planning phase. The night of the wedding the service and food were top notch! I could not have asked for or dreamed of a more beautiful perfect place for our wedding!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I have no words to express how amazing my reception was I couldn't of asked for anything better they made it my dream come true from the entrance till the time it was over the food was amazing the service, music and our personal attendants all of our guest have said it was the best wedding they have ever been to I wish I could give more then 5 stars because it was that amazing thanks so much to Bobby Asaro and his staff! I will recommend to others!!!

Recently Married

SOP TEAM,

WOW!!!!! It's so hard to even begin to describe how AMAZING you all are! Seriously, how do you guys do it?! George and I are beyond ecstatic with how our big day turned out. We can't stop talking about how magical it was (neither can our guests)! I mean it was absolute perfection!! Bobby worked his magic and the rain stopped :-), Stacey, Lauren and Kim seen to it that George and I had everything we needed, when we needed it, the food was IMPECCABLE, the service was EXTRAORDINAIRE...the entire team (doorman, wait staff etc.) from beginning to end was absolutely wonderful! Top notch all the way! When I wanted to make a few changes the day of, my requests were accommodated without second thought (I'm trying to explain to George the many reasons why we should have a renewal ceremony at Southern Oaks every other year...he hasn't quite hopped on board yet but I'm working on it ;-)!
For all the beautiful bride-to-be's looking for the perfect venue, look no further Southern Oaks Plantation is it!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When I began the search for my wedding venue, I knew I wanted something that would wow my guests. After looking all over Baton Rouge and New Orleans, I thought I had seen it all and I would just have to settle for the average wedding. Little did I know, my final stop would could come nothing close to average.
We pulled up on the perfectly manicured lawn, continued up the porch steps, and rang the bell. The anticipation was killing me, if the exterior of this place was so beautiful, the interior must be exquisite -- I was correct.
Stepping into Southern Oaks Plantation was like stepping into something out of a Bride's dream. The attention to detail was phenomenal -- crystal chandeliers descending through a spiral staircase, a swanky lounge with the comforts of home -- it couldn't be. A smiling face greeted us and I was hooked. This was IT!
Our entire experience with Southern Oaks was incredible from the moment we laid our eyes on the plantation. Everything was flawless, from the easy consultations, to the plantation tours and the gifts, all the way up to the big day. My wedding was perfect in every aspect of the word.
The staff and service exceeded all of my expectations and the attention to detail throughout the entire plantation really is absolutely impeccable. I cannot begin to thank Southern Oaks enough for all of the time and effort they put forward for such a special day in our lives. The owners and staff genuinely care about each and every Bride, and do everything in their power to be sure the day will be just as you have dreamed since you were a little girl. They somehow make it seem as if you are the only Bride that will ever be married at Southern Oaks and YOUR wedding is their only priority. Everything about the day went above and beyond, it was more beautiful than I could have ever hoped for. Being a Louisiana native, I have a certain thing about food, and let me just say, it was delicious. After over a month I am still receiving compliments-STUNNING

1+ year ago

Southern Oaks was an absolutely beautiful location for our New Orleans wedding reception!!! There are no words to describe how amazing that night was for us and how perfect the staff were throughout the entire process. The day of the wedding, they made everything run so smoothly that I was able to enjoy the entire night stress-free. I had so much fun without a care in the world because Bobby, our attendants, and the rest of the staff were taking such great care of me and my guest. We have received nothing but compliments - from the fireworks, to the Disney entrance, to the food, and so much more. Bobby and his staff really went above and beyond to make that night extra special.

When we arrived, we were put into a horse drawn carriage and made a grand Disney-like entrance that included fireworks. From the moment we stepped into the carriage to the moment we were put into the limo to leave, every part of the night was unforgettable. The DJ played the music we suggested and a few of his own choices, which kept the guests dancing all night. The chefs/servers prepared us a delicious and romantic dinner for two. Our attendants notified, directed, and escorted us to all the major events throughout the entire night (i.e. first dances, dinner, cake cutting, bouquet/guarder toss, etc.). They also never let our or our parent's drinks go empty. When it was time for the magical night to end, all of our presents were packed into a designated car, and a to-go box filled with cake, food, and champagne, along with our personal belongings, were packed into our limo ready for us to leave.

It was the perfect night, and wouldn't have been so without Bobby and the rest of the Southern Oaks staff. My husband and I, along with our family, highly recommend Southern Oaks to anyone looking for a stress-free magical wedding and/or reception.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot put into words how perfect every last inch of our wedding was thanks to Southern Oaks, their staff, and the Asaro family. Above and beyond!! My husband and I are still on cloud nine! They think of everything and make it all seamless. As a bride you don't have to stress at all because they take care of every detail! The food is fabulous as the service is impeccable! Walt Disney would be proud;) I am forever grateful for a fairy tale wedding. They truly make us feel like family

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having our ceremony and reception at Southern Oaks Plantation was a dream of mine since I was young. I remember seeing pictures displayed at Clearview mall in Metairie and I told myself I would get married there in the future. And so I did! And since my father is in the wedding industry (The Topcats), he knew only the best! Everything was organized since the day we booked them a year ahead. The Asaro family and their team made sure every detail I planned for was included. And the best part was that they are all-inclusive! I just had to get my photographer, cake, videographer, and florist! They took care of the rest! The ceremony was amazing; from the carriage ride with my dad, the twinkling lights that aligned the pathway to marrying my prince, then the carriage ride with my husband, and the beautiful, elaborate fireworks display! And OF COURSE I cannot forget about the food! All of our guests enjoyed the variety of hors d'oeuvres that were offered. Especially the praline chicken! My husband and I got to enjoy a quick 15 min (our choice, could be longer) dinner to eat and collect ourselves, which was very nice! Then we went back out to dance and enjoy being with our family and friends! It was nice having a coordinator with us the whole time to make sure we always had drinks or to et us know when we will be doing the cake cutting, etc. Our guests also really enjoyed the photobooth that was included! We truly had such a wonderful time and will always remember our dream wedding. (BTW, if you are a Disney fan, and appreciate the Disney service, definitely go with Southern Oaks!)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutly the best wedding reception I have ever attended in my life. The variety and amount of food and drink served will stagger the imagination. Mr.Bobby was the most gracious director. Nothing was too much trouble.There was never a problem that he could not solve. I will forever carry with me the wonderful memories of my daughters wedding. Many thanks to Southern Oaks Plantation staff and Bobby and Sue Asaro.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

On November 10, 2013 our son Jared Martin married Sheri Guillot. The owners , Bobby and Sue Asaro, went out of their way to make this day a wonderful, magical experience for everyone ! All of our family and friends are still talking about how fantastic the food, the staff, and the magical ambiance of Southern Oaks Plantation was on Jared and Sheri's special day. Bobby and Sue Asaro and the staff of Southern Oaks Plantation made their dreams come true. Words can not express how much we appreciate everything the did for us. We highly recommend Southern Oaks Plantation .

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The moment that ring went on my finger I couldn't imagine my wedding any place else other than Southern Oaks Plantation. As a former employee I know the time, effort and love that is put into every event from the wonderful owners Bobby and Sue Asaro and staff, filled with true Southern Hospitality. Over more than 10 years in my life that I worked for Mr. Bobby and Ms. Sue, I've learned so much, professionally and personally, that I've taken in my career as an RN and will cherish always. My wedding was everything I dreamed of and more, my true New Orleans style wedding. Southern Oaks was the one place that I didn't have to stress over, I knew that was everything was going to be taken care of, with the help of Stacey Asaro, I knew I was in the right place and hands. This Dynamic Trio assures greatness in every event to make the dreams come true for every bride, groom and family that enter those gates seeking the magical experience of Southern Oaks Plantation. I am truly honored to know them, not only as a former employee, bride, but most of all apart of their family.