Reverend James Condit

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Pastor David was a blessing for our wedding. He stepped in at last minute, and saved the day. He was extremely detailed oriented, and thought of things we didnt. The day of the wedding, we knew that he would be there for us, and he was. Everyone loved the ceremony that he preformed. Just from knowing us, he knew what we wanted from him. So there were stories and our history included. I can't express how perfect he was for our wedding!

Services Used: Officiant

Reverend Condit helped give us our dream wedding. We booked him on short notice, he drove to the location we chose for our wedding and gave a beautiful sermon. We will definitely be booking him again for a vow renewal or ceremony with family.

Services Used: Officiant

Rev. Condit was amazing! We had a very casual family ceremony and he did an excellent job keeping everything light and humorous throughout, which was exactly what we wanted! He met with us for a little over an hour about a month before our wedding to get to know us and show us our options so we could pick and choose what we wanted to include in our ceremony And then called the week before to go over everything again. He really personalized our ceremony for us, to the point where our parents asked if we'd known him before!

Services Used: Officiant

Jim was absolutely wonderful. Our service was very intimate and personal. He was professional and eloquent. We highly recommend him.

Recently Married

We could not have asked for a perfect officiant for our quick notice wedding. I called Reverend James up and within a few minutes he called me back. Asked if he could perform a short ceremony today and said he needed two hours to get ready and if we could be there at 1pm. The ceremony was great and so glad that we used him and his Bed and Breakfast as it made it so much more of a special day. Thank you Reverend James Condit.

Reverend James Condit responded with the following comments:

What a great couple I am so glad that couples like you can come to Victorian Lace and have a beautiful wedding

Services Used: Officiant

We wanted a simple yet romantic ceremony, and Reverend James delivered! Our ceremony was performed in his B&B, Victorian Lace. It was decorated beautifully for Christmas, and our vows were said right in from of the Christmas Tree. He wrote a touching sermon with the vows and it was beyond our expectations.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant
Recently Married

Did exactly what we asked for and more. I am offering few words but James was great and worth it all.

Recently Married

Brilliant work! I have been to so many weddings where the minister didn't do the best job, so I was a bit nervous. Honestly James made us feel very comfortable, and he was a lot of fun and professional. The whole time was center on my wife and I. Even some of the people afterwards asked us about James. He is very good! The price was right, and the performance, if I can call it that was superb! I am leaving a review because he was one of the greatest part of the wedding. The other thing was he was always on time and always returned our phone calls.; very punctual. The sound guy was late but Reverend James even gave us advice on what to do, probably because of his experience in weddings; stuff we would have never considered.

Services Used: Officiant

We are same sex couple.we had our ceremony in Dubuque and reverend James traveled to Dubuque to our hotel to do a ceremony.we stayed at Hotel "Julien".Reverent James was the Best reverent ever. Ceremony he did for us was Absolutely Amazing....
I would recommend his services to everyone...
Brilliant job !!!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
1+ year ago

Reverend James Condit officiated our wedding back in late August. It was an absolutely wonderful experience working with him. We decided to have a small afternoon reception at our house in Cedar Rapids. I wasn't sure what to expect but it went better than I could have imagined for such a small ceremony. Reverend James made our special day that much more special.

Services Used: Officiant

We had a wonderful 4th of July wedding in Palo. Reverend James was just great. We had a wonderful time and lots of laughs through it. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Services Used: Officiant

We love Rev!! He truly did a wonderful job. We had people complimenting his bold voice, signature mustache, and compared his sermon to a work of art. His passion towards what he does is undeniable and inspiring. I will definitely be recommending him to others!

Reverend James Condit responded with the following comments:

Thank you I had a great time at your wedding

Services Used: Officiant

Reverend J married my husband and I this past weekend. The reverend is in a word perfect! He took the time to ask us questions and get to know us, our want, hopes and dreams and he turned it into the most beautiful, heartfelt ceremony I have ever seen. He is professional, funny, charismatic, and made our wedding ceremony one with tears, laughter, and love. He included traditional vows with personalized vows that suited us perfectly. Our ceremony was beautiful because he took the time to write our vows in a way that showed how much my husband and I meant to each other. He went above and beyond what most officiants would have done and we have a copy of our vows and a beautiful antique looking marriage certificate that we are going to have framed. He did a wonderful job and I would recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant to marry them. Thank you Reverend for helping to make our day perfect with a ceremony that is blessed with love and one that we will cherish till the end of time.

Services Used: Officiant

Our ceremony was performed in Iowa because of the same sex marriage law. Rev James had the ceremony prewritten, arrived on time to our site, and graciously supplied us a copy of the ceremony. Because we required no rehearsal, upon his arrival we added to the ceremony. He hesistated only a moment before showing flexibility by allowing readings and prayers to be added. Rev James was punctual, sensitive to the special needs of both brides, added good humor, was organized and prepared. The ceremony was beautiful. My only suggestion for future weddings is for the couple to clarify the cost and be specific so there are no misunderstandings. I would recommend Rev James for anyone getting married in Iowa.

Services Used: Officiant

Rev. James did a fabulous job for us! When we met with him initially, we spent about an hour with him. He went through the ceremony details with us, gave us ideas and suggestions on vendors he knew personally and just getting to know us in general. He did a beautiful ceremony which had the audience laughing at times and tearing up at others. He took charge from the get go at the rehearsal which came off slightly abrasive but all in all the rehearsal and ceremony were great. We highly recommend him!

Reverend James Condit responded with the following comments:

my main concern is that the wedding looks beautiful and everyone understands the importance of taking the rehearsal seriously.

Services Used: Officiant

My husband and I had Reverend James Condit for our ceremony and he did a fabulous job!! He was early for both rehearsal and the wedding. Gave good suggestions and guidance, but was also totally open to listening to us and tailoring the ceremony to our liking. Lastly, everyone was very impressed how he kept the ceremony lighthearted and funny but also tactful. We couldn't recommend him more.