Reverend James Condit

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We wanted a simple yet romantic ceremony, and Reverend James delivered! Our ceremony was performed in his B&B, Victorian Lace. It was decorated beautifully for Christmas, and our vows were said right in from of the Christmas Tree. He wrote a touching sermon with the vows and it was beyond our expectations.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant
Recently Married

Did exactly what we asked for and more. I am offering few words but James was great and worth it all.

Recently Married

Brilliant work! I have been to so many weddings where the minister didn't do the best job, so I was a bit nervous. Honestly James made us feel very comfortable, and he was a lot of fun and professional. The whole time was center on my wife and I. Even some of the people afterwards asked us about James. He is very good! The price was right, and the performance, if I can call it that was superb! I am leaving a review because he was one of the greatest part of the wedding. The other thing was he was always on time and always returned our phone calls.; very punctual. The sound guy was late but Reverend James even gave us advice on what to do, probably because of his experience in weddings; stuff we would have never considered.

Services Used: Officiant

We are same sex couple.we had our ceremony in Dubuque and reverend James traveled to Dubuque to our hotel to do a ceremony.we stayed at Hotel "Julien".Reverent James was the Best reverent ever. Ceremony he did for us was Absolutely Amazing....
I would recommend his services to everyone...
Brilliant job !!!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Recently Married

Reverend James Condit officiated our wedding back in late August. It was an absolutely wonderful experience working with him. We decided to have a small afternoon reception at our house in Cedar Rapids. I wasn't sure what to expect but it went better than I could have imagined for such a small ceremony. Reverend James made our special day that much more special.

Services Used: Officiant

We had a wonderful 4th of July wedding in Palo. Reverend James was just great. We had a wonderful time and lots of laughs through it. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Services Used: Officiant

We love Rev!! He truly did a wonderful job. We had people complimenting his bold voice, signature mustache, and compared his sermon to a work of art. His passion towards what he does is undeniable and inspiring. I will definitely be recommending him to others!

Reverend James Condit responded with the following comments:

Thank you I had a great time at your wedding

Services Used: Officiant

Reverend J married my husband and I this past weekend. The reverend is in a word perfect! He took the time to ask us questions and get to know us, our want, hopes and dreams and he turned it into the most beautiful, heartfelt ceremony I have ever seen. He is professional, funny, charismatic, and made our wedding ceremony one with tears, laughter, and love. He included traditional vows with personalized vows that suited us perfectly. Our ceremony was beautiful because he took the time to write our vows in a way that showed how much my husband and I meant to each other. He went above and beyond what most officiants would have done and we have a copy of our vows and a beautiful antique looking marriage certificate that we are going to have framed. He did a wonderful job and I would recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant to marry them. Thank you Reverend for helping to make our day perfect with a ceremony that is blessed with love and one that we will cherish till the end of time.

Services Used: Officiant

Our ceremony was performed in Iowa because of the same sex marriage law. Rev James had the ceremony prewritten, arrived on time to our site, and graciously supplied us a copy of the ceremony. Because we required no rehearsal, upon his arrival we added to the ceremony. He hesistated only a moment before showing flexibility by allowing readings and prayers to be added. Rev James was punctual, sensitive to the special needs of both brides, added good humor, was organized and prepared. The ceremony was beautiful. My only suggestion for future weddings is for the couple to clarify the cost and be specific so there are no misunderstandings. I would recommend Rev James for anyone getting married in Iowa.

Services Used: Officiant

Rev. James did a fabulous job for us! When we met with him initially, we spent about an hour with him. He went through the ceremony details with us, gave us ideas and suggestions on vendors he knew personally and just getting to know us in general. He did a beautiful ceremony which had the audience laughing at times and tearing up at others. He took charge from the get go at the rehearsal which came off slightly abrasive but all in all the rehearsal and ceremony were great. We highly recommend him!

Reverend James Condit responded with the following comments:

my main concern is that the wedding looks beautiful and everyone understands the importance of taking the rehearsal seriously.

Services Used: Officiant

My husband and I had Reverend James Condit for our ceremony and he did a fabulous job!! He was early for both rehearsal and the wedding. Gave good suggestions and guidance, but was also totally open to listening to us and tailoring the ceremony to our liking. Lastly, everyone was very impressed how he kept the ceremony lighthearted and funny but also tactful. We couldn't recommend him more.

1+ year ago

Rev Condit was great! He was very professional, went over every detail with us at the rehearsal to make sure we knew what everyone had to do, when to do it and that we were comfortable by the end. He likes to add stuff to the ceremony, little phrases here and there and funny quotes or comments to get people to listen and engage the audience, instead of the same long, boring ceremony everyone is used to. He added a little fun to our special day.

Services Used: Officiant

I do not have enough words to express the gratitude I have for this man! He made our ceremony beautiful and special! Very professional, he listened to what I wanted and made suggestions and if I didn't go for his suggestion then he was fine with that. You can tell he's been doing weddings for a long time and he has great ideas on how to make your ceremony special and memorable. The guests were enjoying themselves and so were we. I highly recommend having a sit down with Rev. Condit and you will feel like you have known him for years. He cares about his work and it shows and he cares about his couples!

Services Used: Officiant

Easiest wedding ever! My fiance and I showed up in Marion the night before we had booked Jim to marry us. He was out at a wedding, and had a rehearsal to go to the morning before our ceremony, so I didn't actually get to see him until it was time.

Everything went so well though! The ceremony Jim had provided for us was short, but meaningful and personal. It was exactly what we were looking for.

Services Used: Officiant

Reverend Condit was absolutely fantastic. He was willing to travel outside of his home area for our wedding in Dubuque, IA and for the rehearsal as well. He took charge of the rehearsal and made sure everything would go as smooth as possible for the big day. The ceremony was beautiful and it was great to have a little humor in it as well. He let us add our own special touches and it worked well with his style. We have received many compliments on our wedding ceremony and will be telling more people about Reverend James in the years to come.

Services Used: Officiant

Rev. Condit was very friendly, funny, and professional. He had a good blend of charm and humor. He worked with us very well to custom design our service and we were both extremely pleased with our ceremony. Had several compliments afterwards about the service. Rev. Condit was clearly experienced and had several good ideas that we ended up using; lots of good suggestions and tips for us to incorporate. He is a very nice man and was a lot of fun to work with.